Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Grand Illusion [Spice] - [M]

Started by Ivory, September 03, 2013, 05:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

The months went by quickly as word of Calent's upcoming wedding spread throughout the country.  More joyous news was to follow: in the wake of the Grand Duke's untimely death, Calent himself would be made Grand Duke of all of Connlaoth.  It seemed all of Calent's plans were coming to fruition at last.  All he had left to do was to marry his chosen bride and for she to produce an heir.

All of Connlaoth was buzzing with gossip and news of the wedding even as the wedding bells rang.  Audric was distinctly uncomfortable in his new uniform, and he was still somewhat sore with the new Grand Duke for forcing the role of Duke of Allar on him.  Resentment aside, he would not have missed this event for the whole world; Calent was, after all, still his dear friend, and he was determined to see this through.

"Your wedding day at last," he announced cheerfully as he stepped fully into Calent's dressing chambers.  "Have you seen your bride, yet?  She looks even prettier today than the day you proposed.  Marriage appears to agree with her."

Meanwhile, Kathryn was allowing her maids to fuss over her wedding dress, over her make-up, over her hair...  It all had to be perfect; the entire country was to be in attendance today, and select representatives from other countries as well.  She was accustomed to having one maid help her with her dress; having the veritable swarm around her, as it was now, had quickly become disagreeable.

"Stop.  Just stop!" she ordered, glaring down at the lot of them from her perch.  A seamstress was practically sewing her into the dress -- how on earth was she going to get this thing off?  The heavy folds of white fabric made her feel as round and over-decorated as the tall cakes she had seen the bakers bringing in.  "I can't hear myself think with all of you talking at once!"

The maids exchanged a glance that only further irritated Kathryn, and she glared at all of them.  "Fifteen minutes!" she proclaimed, giving them all a level stare.  "I need fifteen minutes to look over my vows, and then you can all come back in, alright?"

visualspice

No 'Grand Duchess to be's' personal guards could keep her younger sister away as Valia pushed, shoved and stomped her feet while barking out commands to each one of them as she appeared livid, and about as pink faced as the color of her dress. With a stomp of her foot, she pressed, "You will let me see my sister this instant!" And another stomp of her pink heels and an intervention with her father had the guards parting ways with a sigh as the youngest daughter of the Duke of Highheart marched clean towards Kathryn's room where she was being prepared. So she had only fifteen minutes to go time- it didn't mean she wasn't allowed to see her sister! After all, after a day like today...

and considering all of the craziness going on within the country.... she might not ever see her sister again.

So why was she so nervous as she paused before the door to her room, smoothing down her skirts and drawing in a long breath? Perhaps it was the way the huge garrison of guards were looking at her. SHe cast them nasty glares before giving a knock at the door.

"Kathryn? It's me,"s he paused, hesitating but a moment before adding with a fluff of her hair. "Your sister."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Truth be told, Kathryn was relieved to hear Valia's voice.  And she had good timing, too!  Valia had many flaws...but being a poor sister was not one of them.

"Come in!" she called as she carefully lowered herself off the dais the maids had set her upon.  The dress was something she doubted she could ever grow accustomed to; she preferred the comfort and versatility of her usual outfits rather than this bulky, awkward thing.

By the time Valia would enter, she would be standing in the middle of the room, smoothing the over-sized, poofy skirts down self-consciously.  She offered Valia a sheepish smile and gestured to the get-up.  "I feel like a jester in this.  And I'm not at all sure it will fit through the door, either."

visualspice

Stepping into the room, Valia pretended not to be impressed by Kathryn's dress. She always looked up and admired her sister, and even if it were a jester's garb, she would find herself jealous of it anyway. Noticing the awkwardness of her sister, Valia only gave a roll of her eyes as she approached, hands to her hips.
"That's what your maids are for. It's nothing for you to worry about," and she waved off the idea as  if it were nothing more than a loose hair to shake off her clothes. Then, looking her sister over, she sighed expectantly.
"So how nervous are you?" Then she paused to consider, before asking, "And did you pee first before you slipped into that thing? You might have to wait until after the wedding night to relieve yourself you know, considering it will be the Grand Duke who will tear those layers off you." And she smirked some more, this time a bit more humbled than her usual arrogance. Becoming married herself calmed Valia down a lot...
And she found a lot of herself in her husband that she couldn't have imagined. Not that she had really shared that with her sister because well...
She felt awkward for it; that her rushed wedding was actually a good match and he...
Well, she could gloat over the sex enough, but everyone in Connlaoth would probably know that tale.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"Terrified," she admitted with a blush that only deepened when Valia mentioned Calent tearing off her clothes.  Kathryn was a bit terrified of that too -- as if her time with Dekka had left a physical stain upon her that her new husband would see, regardless of the care she had taken...  "And, yes.  But that seems hours ago."

And there was still the whole day ahead of them...

She rather envied her sister for the small, rushed wedding!

Kathryn stopped trying to smooth down the skirts (which was impossible anyway), instead turning her attention to her reflection.  "I think I look ridiculous," she complained with a frown.

visualspice

Approaching her sister, Valia gave a snort as she looked at the pair of htem in the mirror.
"Your dress alone is probably more expensive than our entire castle back in Highheart," Valia said with a sneer, hands still perched at her hips. "You're being lavished with riches from Calent's inheritances, and now that he's taken on a more demanding role on politics, you, yourself, are benefiting by becoming a woman int he lime light, so don't fuss over how puffy your dress is, Kathryn. If anything, you should be aware all of Connlaoth is in envy of you, and that this day will be talked about well across the ages."

Ivory

Kathryn looked a bit startled by her sister's tone -- but she did understand, and it was a fair point.

"I am being horrible, aren't I?"  And people thought her sister was the horrible one!  She offered her sister a genuine smile and reached out to pull her into a tight hug, almost impulsively.  Who cared if her dress got a bit crinkly or if any make-up got smudged?  The maids would be trooping back in any minute to fix it again anyway!

"Promise me you'll come to visit.  And I'll come to see you, of course."

visualspice

Valia was startled by the sudden embrace and visibly flinched.
"Kathryn! You're wrinkling our dresses!" and at her words, she rolled her eyes. "If you have time for me, I suppose I could make time for you. But you do realize your whole life is about to change.... being the Grand Duchess isn't like marrying some toad. You'll be the center of our entire nation. And who knows if you'll even have time for me."

Ivory

That made Kathryn laugh.  "Valia, they're fine.  One hug is hardly going to ruin them!  I have all these butterflies in my stomach that I don't know what to do with..."

Apparently, butterflies and hugging went hand-in-hand!

"I've always made time for you, and I don't intend to stop just because I will be Grand Duchess.  All of those nobles and ambassadors will just have to get in line behind you."  And she meant that, too.  "You'll know where to find me if you ever need anything at all."

visualspice

Valia was pleasantly surprised by her sister's remark, though she had to bring up, "But you were so busy with your own engagement and being paraded around by Calent and his men that you couldn't attend my 16th birthday party." And if she had... she wondered how much differently that evening would have been? Would she have gotten engaged to Gabriel? Would she had found someone else? Thankfully she hadn't gotten pregnant at that time but...
As of right now, that sort of evidence was up in the air. It had been a while since she had been on the rag and well...
Her and Gabriel consummated their marriage more than once..
Each week...
each day...
Each evening.....

Ivory

So that was it...

"I'm sorry," Kathryn murmured, honestly apologetic.  "If I'd known it meant so much to you, I wouldn't have gone.  The only reason I went at all was because I was feeling a little bit guilty over what happened during the hunt."  And what had happened in the Duke of Allar's guest room...

She did like Calent, after all, almost as much as she liked Dekka...

"I should have stayed.  I promise you, I'll be at every birthday from now on.  In fact, I'll even throw you the best birthday party you've ever had this year to make up for it."

visualspice

Valia kept her nose to the air. Did Kathryn think it was so simple? She didn't even consider obliging that with any words. But she didn't have to when there was a knock at the door.

"Lady Kathryn? The Grand Duke has arrived... are you ready?"

Ivory

(OOC: Oh, Valia!  You make Kathryn so sad!)

Kathryn would have pursued the matter further were it not for the knock.  Instead, she pursed her lips and looked a bit crushed.  Well, it was her doing that Valia was mad at her -- and to be mad for so long!  She would have to find some way to make it up to her -- just have to.  Unfortunately, now was not the time...

"Thanks for coming, Valia.  It means a lot to me."  Even if Valia was mad...

"I'm ready!" she added, louder, for the benefit of the maids.

visualspice

It didn't take but another moment for the maids to spill back into the room, beginning their fussings over the future Grand Duchess to be. Today was an event that drew quite a large crowd into the streets of the capital, the very town coming alive and thriving. Not a single street had any sort of opening, but the nobles were wise enough to have arrived several hours prior to the event.

This was a special occasion, where the High Priest of the church was to come to the  Grand Duke's Palace himself to perform the ritual of marriage, and to also swear Kathryn in beneath the crown. Once they had their bride readied, the word seeped through the servants and soon word got back to where Calent was left, brooding in silence, with only a handful of servants, a massive team of mordecai, and well, Audric.

Naturally, Calent was silent as he stood at attention for a good many hours. One would think he might be bored, or nervous, but if it were so, he made no indication as a servant gave a knock at the door.

"Grand Duke Calent, Lady Kathryn Chandos of Highheart is ready."

Calent merely lifted his green eyes and gave a subtle nod. The servant left in a flash, and soon the bells were ringing as Valia clutched onto her pink skirts and was rushing to get back to her seat. She spared just one look in Kathryn's direction towards the room she was kept, before continuing on her way back to where the wedding was to be conducted in the Grand Hall of the Grand Duke's Palace.

With her heart hammering inside her chest, Valia felt thrills and fears tumbled within her belly, and also make her palms grow sweaty. Today would be a day to go down in history-
Her sister was to officially become Grand Duke Calent's wife-
and the next Grand Duchess of all of Connlaoth.

Ivory

In spite of her rather rebellious nature and tendencies, a beautiful and grand wedding was something Kathryn had dreamed of for a long time.  Her sister's anger towards her had dampened her spirits slightly, but there was so much to do and so much excitement that it had to be pushed aside.

Kathryn lingered where she was told to wait, trying to sooth the butterflies in her stomach that would not relent.  It was true that she was terrified -- so scared that she could scarcely see straight!  There was so much that could go wrong...in so many ways, some small and some big.  And she had not seen Calent for some time.  What if he was not the man she had taken him to be?

The huge double doors in front of her opened, then, and it was time to begin the rest of her life.  She would no longer be simply the daughter of a Duke; she would be the wife of the Grand Duke.  Never had she imagined she would go from Highheart...to this.  And she never dared hope she would actually marry a man like Calent...

She took a deep breath, held her head up proudly, and began to walk slowly down the aisle, looking every bit the regal lady she was meant to be.

visualspice

The moment the bride was readied and began to walk down the massive aisle, the whole lot of guests rose from their pews, turning as all eyes cast upon Kathryn Chandos- who was soon to be presented to all as the next lady in line in ruling for all of Connlaoth, their new Grand Duchess;- Kathryn Allarrick.

The music hummed and filled the place well past the ceilings, as if playing towards the heavens themselves; and the doves, who lined the aisle in white flowered cages, fluttered their wings and cast feathers about that mixed with some white falling petals from the decorative roses. And the light fromt he sun cast in through the tall windows, catching on the ornate colored glass work and fanned a carousel of colors that danced through the air.

The day was beautiful and perfect; and as Calent's eyes raised at the sight of his wife to be, for the first time in his life he was breathless; and butterflies did tumbles in his stomach. He tried to settle his expression, but even a man as ever unphasable as Calent had a smile reach his eyes, even if his lips remained flat.

There he stood, wearing the robes of his country, and the crown of his position, and at the end stood his visor, Vesrik, a velvet pillow in hand that had an almost equally ornate, but far more delicate crown for Kathryn- and beside him were the rows of elite mordecai- a new, but most certainly not unwelcomed addition to this fateful event.

Now more than ever, all eyes within the world were looking to see what Connlaoth would due about the mage menaces that threatened their society- and now that the man was officially bringing on a wife to be at his side while he ruled upon the throne, the whole of Reajh- No..., of Connlaoth, held it's breath in anticipation.

So many were excited for the festivities that erupted in the capital- after so many months of preparations for war and fear, it was a welcoming event to get to turn their face away from all the shadows and tensions that were arising int heir country for just one day of new possibilities for hope, for a future; and just to get down right drunk.

And as Kathryn was presented to her future husband to be, all eyes were upon her, even through the veil that hid her face for the moment. All eyes... including that of the King of Thieves who was watching, most discretely, from the crowd...

Ivory

Kathryn walked slowly and gracefully, practically holding her breath as all eyes fell upon her.  She had no reason to believe she might trip and land on her face -- but what if she did?  She was unaccustomed to the heavy, poofy skirts...

She did not trip, however.  She barely remembered the walk, in fact.  One moment, the doors to the church were opening, and in the next, she was standing in front of Calent.  She sank down before her husband-to-be, Grand Duke of all Connlaoth, in a perfect and low curtsy, well-practiced over the last few weeks.

Her father's voice rang out, then, pitched perfectly to reach the ears of the silent crowd in spite of the tears threatening to choke him.  They were already rolling down his cheeks in big, wet rivers, and his lower lip was quivering, like a dam about to break.

"Grand Duke Calent Allarrick, I present to you my daughter, Kathryn Chandos of Highheart."  The older Duke placed his daughter's hand in that of his regent.  "To be your wife."  More softly, as it was certainly neither encouraged nor a part of the formalities, he added, with his hand still clasped over both of theirs, "Take good care of her."  His statement ended with a loud sniffle as he retreated to his assigned place.

When Kathryn rose, the terror was still there...but she could, at least, smile now.  Her father -- her dear, predictable father had melted some of the ice, and she remembered now the stolen kisses and the race...  Yes, she could, she thought, be happy with this man.

And so, smiling beneath her veil, her hand in his, her eyes lifted to meet Calent's...

visualspice

As their eyes met, he kept his emotions steeled and proceedign to turn with her, facing the head of the church as he went over the official speeches of Connlaoth- and of Angsar.

"We are gathered here today for a union of not only a man and a woman in the holy connections of marriage, but to unionize this man and woman as the future leaders of this glorious nation. It will be their blood line and spirit that will help rule the masses, leading Connlaoth into even greater years for her history yet to come. So for this, we bow our heads and thank the God Ansgar and open up our hearts to him and we are humbled; for before him, we are all servants to the cause; to the people, to this nation. So in Angsar's name, they will be blessed."

And he bowed his head and began to read the rituals from the book, Calent's hand still in her's, his eyes listless and unreadable, and hwen the moment came for them each to speak, he turned towards her, their eyes meeting again.

"Today, Calent Allarick, Grand Duke of all of Connlaoth, is presented here today before you, Lady Kathryn as a man of the church, a man of the crown, and as a man of promise. Here, he vows himself to you, and you to him, in a most holy union. Your blood line will carry on as the future leaders not only in your own lives, but for all of us. For this is Angsar's will. If this is truly your will, you will repeat the phrases after me..."

And as they ceremony continued, Calent's voice softly repeating the holy phrases, the holy vows; the green eyes lurking amongst the crowd grew ever eager. Kathryn did look so lovely in her wedding dress; and it humbled the silent and well hidden 'king.'

Once the vows were made, and allegiance sworn unto the Book of Angsar, Calent lifted his head from the book back to his bride and as instructed, stepped forward and lifted her veil.

"By the witness of the people here, and by the power of the church; today we present to the world for the first time- Grand Duke Allarrick; and Grand Duchess; Kathryn Allarrick. May your future prove fruitful, and your reign, eternal. You may kiss the bride."

And in one motion, the veil was lifted and Calent leaned forward, and kissed Kathryn before the whole eyes of the world, the church, and the people of his country.

Ivory

Kathryn bore the ceremony -- boring though it was -- patiently.  She spoke where appropriate and listened silently where expected with her eyes upon the priest and his pulpit.  The pair cut a noble figure, silent before the altar of Angsar as the priest went on.  And on.  And on.

Until, at last, the ceremony was concluded.  As Calent lifted her veil, a blush rose to her cheeks, light pink and beautiful, at the thought of the number of people who would witness their kiss.  She was smiling, however, as she received his attentions before the crowd.

And then it was over.  There was music from somewhere, playing a jaunty march as the priest led the pair of newlyweds up the aisle and towards their waiting carriage.

She was really the Duchess of Allar now.  All that was left was to consummate their marriage...  The thought made her blush again, although it certainly wasn't from innocence...

For half a second, she had almost thought she had caught sight of a certain person...but, then, he was gone in the crowd, and she had to silently chastise herself.  Shame on her for looking for a thief when she was now married to the Grand Duke!  Besides, he would have to be crazy to be here...

visualspice

As it was a condition of all dukes, and even more so for the Grand Duke and his new wife themselves; a parade was held in their honor instantly afterwards as the clamoring of bells, the falling of flower petals, rice and bird seed rained upon them as they were taken through the streets ontop of a carriage. Though it seemed unwise, it was talked down to Calent from his idea to ride within an enclosed carriage during such an event- for it would break tradition, or so it was said. So they road without a top; so that Connlaoth could sing the praises of it's beautiful new ruling couple.

But there were a mass of mordecai here, with both Zannrick and Emery at their side, riding their white horses as the be-flowered carriage strolled through. In that moment, Calent had all but forgotten his bride at his side; for paranoia kept his eyes moving throughout the crowd.

There was always the known fear of a potential assassin... and today would be a great day to do it. Though his eyes caught someone almost familiar nt he crowd, when he realized he did not recognize the face, he scowled bitterly before recomposing himself and taking Kathryn's hand, squeezing it lightly to cement him back to this moment, to this day; and in doing so, he peered down at her- and she was as lovely as ever.

"How does it feel?" he asked her, softly, though it was still heard over the roar of the crowd. "To become my wife, and the next Grand Duchess of all of Connlaoth?"

Tags: