Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Horse, of Course!

Started by visualspice, January 03, 2014, 06:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Edward gave a soft, slightly nervous laugh.
"Well, it does seem rather sudden, but that's the Duke of Highheart for you!" And he rubbed at the back of his neck and peered down at the letter, then back over to Dahlia.
"He can be a uh... bit... unique." Yes.. that's the right word for it! "He's rather fond of me... perhaps too fond and well, I'm sure he was just worried. I can't see him staying for too long. A few days at most, if even over night at all..."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Dahlia's eyes widened again at Edward's words. Staying. She clasped a hand to her forehead. "Staying," she repeated. "I hadn't even thought about that..."

Where on earth would she put a Duke?

Dahlia puffed out a long exhale, then moved the hand from her head to her lips, clearly working out logistics in her head. Eventually she returned to the present, then she gave Edward a rueful look.

"You're turning out to be quite the handful as far as house guests go, you know that?"

visualspice

"Yes... so it would seem.." Edward mused, rubbing at his chin. "Though I think I have apologized for falling from that tree, haven't I?" And he tried to give her the most innocent smile he could muster.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Dahlia had to laugh at that. And it snapped her out of her daze. "Well, you've got me there! I suppose it was my Lilly who's really to be held responsible for this. You and her and that three! But really, a duke, I have to ask," she looked at him differently then, her head tilted a bit, "is there something you're not -"

But Dahlia couldn't finish her question. Because that moment Milo appeared in the doorway. The boy was, though Edward wouldn't realize, the spitting image of his father, but with Dahlia's gray eyes. Young and lanky, at fourteen, he was already taller than Dahlia. He was in general serious and soft-spoken and relatively unflappable, but he looked a bit flustered when he showed up them.

"Um, mom?" He only addressed Dahlia. Though Milo was always, at least, polite to Edward, he tended to feel more like Lilly with regards to this man who appeared in their midst as compared to their youngest brother. "A man claiming to be the Duke of Higheart is here?"

visualspice

Edward's lips took on the small shape of an 'o' as he blinked at the sound of Duke Harold's arrival. He couldn't help but chuckle and placed a hand to his head and gave it a shake.
"Yeah, that's probably him alright. I'd help you answer the door but..." he gave a helpless shrug. "Doctor's orders not to move!" And he tried to smile at her, in an apologizing and light manner, but he did look a bit guilty. He knew what a burden the duke could be!