Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Along Came A Spider (M)

Started by visualspice, February 25, 2014, 05:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Mae'leena struggled with her leg, flailing around furiously like a hissing cat. But soon realizing her struggle was for not, she let out an irritated sigh and just stopped. Her body slowly began to turn as her boot made the chandelier creak, and once she found herself now facing towards the door, she noticed the guards stepping into the room.

"Well, shit."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

The guards let out a collective gasp as they skidded to a halt just inside the Duke's study. There stood the Duke, sword in hand and standing in the center of a sea of rubies. And up in the chandelier, dangling helplessly and flashing them shamelessly, was a girl. Instantly they all drew their swords.

Erwin found that he could not look away from her. When she was hidden in the shadows of the chandelier, he could only see her face and her eyes. Now though, he finally had a view of the rest of her perfect body. Those subtle curves, the rich caramel color of her smooth legs, and... well, that part.

Clamping his mouth shut with a furrowed brow, he hurriedly looked away and instead turned to his guards.

"I'm fine,"
he said calmly to them. "Fetch a ladder and have her brought down before me, if you will."

As one of the guards hastily backtracked to find a ladder, Erwin's eyes landed on the frightened maid peeking out from behind the armored men. He gestured for her to come to him and she timidly did.

"She'll be no harm to you, Bethany," the Duke told her reassuringly. "If you will, collect up all these rubies and notify the jeweler. Our chandelier will need fixing."

visualspice

The guards obeyed- and were none too gentle with dealing with her. Once her foot was plucked, she squirmed furiously in their arms- but they were rough- and she was pretty sure their grip on her was giving her bruises.

But no matter how much she protested and squirmed, they easily managed to handle the woman ebfore forcing her before their duke with a shove, but naturally, they kept their hands on her as the woman growled and tossed her dark pony tale full of hair out of her face.

"Keep your paws off of me." She snapped, but none of them obeyed as she snarled and turned her aqua colored eyes on Erwin with a 'hmph'. She still had some wild sprigs of dark hair in her face, but once she saw the man looking over her, she turned away and squared off her shoulders, and gave a light flick to a loose strand of her dark hair.

"There ain't nothing to see here or nothing to be done. Can't a lady just be fetched from a chandelier without a fuss?" she grumbled, trying to fold her arms over her chest, but the men kept her arms back, which pissed her off to no end.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

It seemed everyone was on edge - everyone except the Duke himself. As the guards forcefully extracted the girl from the chandelier's clutches and roughly dragged her before him, he gestured to them to be gentle. They all gave their Duke a reluctant look before acquiescing, though two of them still had their swords drawn and pointed at her. Bethany was on her hands and knees now picking up the rubies, but as soon as Mae'leena touched ground the young maid gave a squeak of fright and scrambled behind Erwin.

Erwin replaced his own sword in its scabbard and folded his arms across his chest. The serious look on his face really suited him at times, and perhaps this was one of those times.

"Trespassing and thievery are crimes against the Duchy, and I could have a hand for that. Stealing from the Duke? That's death. Assaulting the Duke? That's also death," he intoned sternly to her, his light blue eyes flashing. He had to look authoritative in front of his staff and his soldiers.

Those words were accompanied by the tuggings of the guards as they prepared to drag the girl outside and execute her. That was only stopped by the clearing of Erwin's throat and the raising of his ringed hand.

"BUT... there's been plenty of death already today, and I'm sure nobody wants anymore. So perhaps some time in a cell will bring your senses back to you. Unless, of course, you'd rather take a seat -peacefully and without issue- and answer my questions. Because you've piqued my curiosity."

He gestured then to the long table on which his maps and reports were still sprawled. And of course, that little tea set still sat there on a silver tray, steaming away quietly.

visualspice

Mae'leena made a face, which involved her cheeks getting puff and her lips pouting somewhat, which was a most unbecoming look of such a woman.
"Who said anything about assaulting? Throwing a few gems at your head wasn't going to kill ya, unless your skull is like an egg."

Though as he went on to offer her a couch, her expression changed to one cocked brow and her lips gaping pen, while int he same moment, her entire forehead was creased in line.
"What? Are you out of your mind? You pluck me out of the chandelier, accuse me of stealing.." (which she was... and admitted to) "To offer me a cup of tea and chat?"
She wrinkled her nose. "I don't even like tea."
Really? What was his game?
She gave him a cautious look, like a dog uncertain if it wanted to bite the hand offering it a bone.

Cambie

Erwin's expression didn't change much, save for the slight raise of one of his eyebrows. Perhaps the girl really hadn't planned this out at all.

"It's your choice, my lady. Of course, I'm a busy man so if you'd rather not waste my time then I suppose we can find a nice suite for you."

He glanced over to one of the guards pinning the girl's arms behind her back and asked in a level tone, "I haven't had the occasion to inspect the cells down below. How do they look?"

The guard gave a grim smile back and replied, "We've cleaned and overhauled the dungeons, your Grace, since Duke Carwick left us. They're mostly clean now, maybe only a few rats left to catch."

Erwin let out a small mirthless chuckle and turned his piercing gaze back to Mae'leena. He shrugged again and turned away, lightly stepping around Bethany who'd gone back to picking up the rubies the thief had spilled everywhere. Pouring himself another cup of tea, he said without looking back, "Like I said... or you could sit with me."

visualspice

Mae'leena was still at a loss, her jaw gaping open.
"Are you serious? What if I were an assassin?" And the magic words had the guards suddenly fondling her roughly, pushing her forward against a piece of furniture so that her chin was digging into an arm rest while the men's paws dug into her.

"Hey! Get your hands off me! I ain't never said I was some killer!" she shouted, wriggling beneath the men's grasp- but a few hidden daggers were plucked from her person- even the one between her boobs, which naturally, caused her to scoff at the men.

"Seems there's no shame in any man's hands,"s he snarled, and the men cleared their throats and offered her weapons over to the duke.

"She was armed, sir. Should we detain her?"

"By the spirits- I never said I was gonna do him in!" Though at the rage now brewing inside her eyes, there was no doubt she at least wanted to clobber a few of his grabby henchmen.

Cambie

"If you were an assassin, you'd have been more careful. As far as I can tell you're nothing more than a thief. And not a good one at that."

He turned back to face her, sipping lightly on his cup of tea. The guards had roughed her up some, and her clothing were slightly askew, tugged low enough to expose plenty of her cleavage. It took all of his willpower not to look down there. When the daggers were offered up to him, he took one of them to inspect it.

"If I was murdered with one of these poorly made things, then I probably would have deserved it..." he said with a frown, handing it back to the guard. The girl was struggling mightily now. Maybe a day or two in the Keep's dark depths might cool her off.

"Right then, take her to the cells. I'll deal with her later."

visualspice

"What?" Mae'leena glared at Erwin incredulously. "You've got some nerve! Not a good thief, my ass!" And she spat his way- for all the good it did. And no amount of complaining could fix her fate- as she was tossed unceremoniously into a cell.
Stumbling onto the stone floors, she scrambled to her feet and threw herself at hte jail cell bars and rattled them long after the door had been slammed closed.

And the words that streamed from her lips were more colorful than a rainbow. The men told her to pipe down, and for nearly half an hour-s he did not. But she had just about run out of phrases- in both common and Saranthian to call these men- when she resigned herself to simply pacing angrily about her cell like a caged dog.

Cambie

The spittle landed on his face and elicited an irritated sigh from the Duke. Luckily, Bethany was there to gasp and quickly hand him a towel with which to wipe off. And as they dragged the girl kicking and screaming out of the study, the Duke also decided it was time to change into something that didn't remind him of the troubles all around.

A clean tunic, blue and grey and emblazoned with the insignia of Wulfbauer, was already laid out for him in his chambers. Likewise, a hot bath had been drawn and sat there waiting. He took his time, letting the hot waters soak away the aches and pains of his body and his mind. When he was ready, he toweled off and changed into his new attire.

Dinner was served to him in the Great Hall, at the end of an immense table meant to seat fifty men. He sat there alone, dark save for several candles and the gentle fire in the hearth. Thoughtfully he chewed on the roast pigeon, washing it down with ice cold water as he thought about the affairs of his Duchy. Sometime during the meal, a guard approached and whispered in his ear: they'd found an enormous ruby up in the chandelier, and were holding it for him to inspect later.

And when he finally tired of all the stresses that came with being Duke of Wulfbauer, Erwin remembered the girl locked in the dungeons below the Keep. He made his way down there then, holding up a torch to illuminate the way. The door leading to the cells was guarded by the head jailer and several soldiers, who bowed to their Duke and set up a chair just outside of Mae'leena's cell in which he could sit. When they were done with the preparations, they let the Duke into the hallway of cells and closed the door behind them.

Erwin gently took a seat in the chair and peered into the cell at the girl. Faint flickers of torchlight danced shadows across his face and made his light blue eyes gleam.

visualspice

Mae'leena had tried to take a seat in the corner, but the stale hay that was provided was sticky and wet. And oddly smelled of urine.
"For the spirits's sakes!" she exclaimed, and quickly brushed the hay off of her ass. "Is that-" She turned her hand away frm her face when she went to smell her hand. "Gods..." she nearly vomited. "I don't even want to know what that was!" And she shook her hand about, not sure where to even wipe it off on when suddenly, a chair was brought in and set before her cell.

Blinking, she eyed the chair suspiciously, but then someone approached nad...

There he was- Mr. Froofy Pants, to take a seat.

"YOU!" and she pointed one stinky finger at him. "What's the meaning of this? I dind't even get a proper cell! They said it was cleaned but this hay pile.." and she made a face, her expression turning green. "It.. .."s he made another face and swallowed back the urge to vomit.
"Let's just say I'm pretty damn sure it reeks of piss because that's what's in it. And need I elaborate on what other smells I think are in there too, because let me tell you- whatever it is, it almost made me lose my lunch!"

Though almost- she was still on the fence on that one. She could very well STILL lose said lunch. Ugh.

Cambie

"This is a proper cell, I can assure you. My jailer is one of the finest in Wulfbauer," Erwin replied in an even tone as he regarded her thoughtfully. He leaned back in the chair casually, as if trying to find a comfortable position, and folded his arms across his chest.

"His job is to keep prisoners incarcerated. His job isn't to mop down the stains and the blood. He does his job well."

He leaned forward a bit, untangling his arms and folding them together against his knees. His blue eyes flashed in the torchlight, flickering left and right as he watched her rant and rave from behind those bars. The few hours of separation, and the darkness of the jail cell, had not changed the fact that she possessed a gorgeous body.

In any other situation he might have relaxed his stance, put on a grin, even engaged in flirtatious banter. But there was no doubt the guards were watching from behind the locked door, and listening. For their sake, he had to act a Duke. His face might as well have been carved in the stone.

"Besides," he added softly, "In my generosity I did offer you another alternative. You're the one who refused it. You chose your own bed here."

visualspice

"What? To drink tea with you? I wasn't born yesterday. I would have wound up here anyway." And she most certainly did NOT like tea.

Cambie

Erwin shrugged and replied, "Well then I guess we saved ourselves plenty of unnecessary trouble."

The thought of a nice hot cup of tea brought a slight smile to his face, and he suddenly craved it. Glancing back over to the door, he gestured for a guard to enter. "Some tea. And maybe some strawberries, if you will."

The guard nodded and saluted, and disappeared back outside to fulfill the Duke's request. Moments later, two servants stepped into the dank prison hallway with a small folding table and a tray full of tea and strawberries. They both wrinkled their noses at the prison smell and dim lighting, but worked diligently to set Erwin up before disappearing.

"Now," he said, taking up his cup, "are we done playing games, or are we ready to answer my questions?"

visualspice

Mae'leena made a soured face at Erwin.
"Are you really just going to sit there lookin' pretty and drink your tea while I rot here in this cell being poked at?"

Cambie

"That depends. Are you ready to act civilized?" He took a sip of his tea and gazed intently at her.

"This isn't just my Keep, it's also the home of my staff and my family. So until I know for sure that you won't be ransacking the place, I think it's safer for everyone that I just keep you in there for now."

His voice lowered to barely a whisper, inaudible to the guards at the door and only loud enough for her. "To be honest, you intrigue me. I'd rather take you to dinner than watch you from this chair. But I can't be sure that you won't rob me blind while I'm looked the other way."

His stern look never changed, but in the flickering shadows of torchlight she might just be able to catch that brief wink he shot her way. Leaning back, he took another sip of his tea and let out a relaxed sigh.

visualspice

Mae'leena narrowed her gaze at the pretty boy.
"ME? Act civilized? As if you're one to talk! Throwing ladies into dungeons..."
He should be ashamed!

But as he went on to explain, she simply chuffed at the idea.
"The only danger they're in is being pick pocketed- and it ain't my fault your security is so crummy."
Well that- and she sort of had some magical chains that allowed her to climb buildings like a spider. But they were sort of golden chains- and she always wondered how no one had really seen her climbing before....

But at his last statement of being intrigued, she simply blinked.
"What?"
She eyed him over, and catching the wink only made her growl. She grabbed onto the bars and glared at him.
"Take me to dinner? You must be off your rocker. And yes I would rob you blind, love." And she smirked. "Wouldn't be the first time."
Ok- well technically the first time she never got away with and earned her time in this cell....
It still didn't stop her from acting oh so smug. She was THE SPIDER anyway. Though sadly, he might not have ever heard of her. Didnt stop her ego, though.

Cambie

"A real Lady has grace and dignity, and does not go about robbing Dukes, or at least trying to. A real Lady would be given all the respect she deserves, and have a guest room. We reserve this dungeon for the riff-raff."

He plucked a strawberry from the tray and bit off half of it, chewing slowly on it. The fruit was a bit overripe, which simply reminded him that the harvest season was coming to an unexpectedly early end. He frowned slightly, realizing how sitting here and arguing with this bumbling thief took time away from his more important duties. And yet, he was so intrigued by this woman.

"You're clearly not Connlaothian, judging from your attire and your looks. Where are you from? Do you even have a name?"

He finished off the strawberry and tossed the stem back onto the silver tray.

"Or maybe someone you're working for? Though given how bad of a thief you are, nobody in their right mind would hire you..."

visualspice

"Not to talk back to you, my liege, but you ain't lookin' at a lady. And I ain't got no allegiance here in Connlaoth, nor anywhere." Haughtily, she looked the man over. "What's it to you?"

Cambie

Erwin sighed, taking another sip of his tea. Though it barely showed, an observant person might take his expression to say that his patience was wearing thin. At any moment, he might just stand up and leave.

"To me? Nothing," he remarked plainly. "I'm a busy man. I'm perfectly fine leaving you down here, and letting the jailer decide your fate while I run my Duchy. The question is, what's it to you?"

He sat up a little straighter, continuing.

"You've already caused me plenty of headache on a day where I didn't need any more trouble. You've plucked my chandelier clean, which now has to be repaired. I don't even know if Bethany will be able to find every jewel you took."

A thoughtful look came over his face as he tapped at his chin with a hand, feeling the day-old growth of salt-and-pepper scruff under the pad of his index finger.

"Maybe we'll get a new chandelier entirely. With that nice big red ruby as a centerpiece."