Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Along Came A Spider (M)

Started by visualspice, February 25, 2014, 05:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jarrod blinked and peered up questionably at Erwin. It took him a moment to realize what he said before he frowned. Rubbing his head, for it was pounding, he looked towards the door with a sigh.
"I suppose I'm lucky she did not kill me."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

"There was no luck involved," Erwin said in a stern tone. "She would have cut you to shreds if I wasn't here. Not that I care. My only interest in seeing no bloodshed this evening."

visualspice

Sighing, Jarrod gave a nod.
"Then thank you. Even though I do not know you..." and now, he got a better look at the man, he offered him a partial smile. But it was evidently forced. "So you're... her new lover?"
An awkward question to ask, but what he saw earlier...
"You don't have to explain." He shook his head. "Everything with Mae'leena is... complicated. In fact, I'd be surprised if she allowed you to even call yourself that."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Erwin' eyes narrowed slightly even as he pierced the man with his gaze. "Good, because I'm not. We are barely acquaintances."

Sure, they'd fucked a couple times, but to call the two of them lovers? Even the most lovelorn person in Wulfbauer would have found that concept ridiculous.

visualspice

Jarrod winced and scratched at the back of his neck. Guess he hit a sore spot. Mae'leena really knew how to pick her men.
"Well I suppose she told you enough about me. Or perhaps not. If you were to believe what she said, you'd probably want me dead, too."

Cambie

Erwin sighed. "I'm not in the mood to be believing either of you right now, to be honest. And I don't want anybody dead, I just want a little peace and quiet. So if you have a message to leave, then leave it and be on your way."

visualspice

Jarrod sighed and gave a feeble nod.
"Y-yes, I suppose I took up more than enough of your time. I'm sorry." He rose from the chair and gave a grateful nod in his direction.
"I won't leave a note, or anything like that. This is a message I have to tell her... in person."

Cambie

"I think she'd rather cut you down than listen, but suit yourself," Erwin replied, a bit coldly. Evidently just thinking about her was still making him bristle.

visualspice

Jarrod sighed and gave a small smile.
"I can see that. I don't blame her.. but she deserves to hear this in person." He gave another bow in Erwin's direction. "Thanks for uh... saving my neck, I guess. I suppose I should leave you then. I've already been quite a burden."

But when he went to open the door-
It was locked.
"Er..." he glanced over at Erwin. "Got the key?"

Ironically, this wasn't the sort of door that locked from the outside....

Cambie

Erwin frowned then. "It locks from this side," he said, repeating what the man was thinking. Maybe she was on the other side, blocking the door.

"Just push your way through."

visualspice

Realizing it could be Mae'leena, he was taken a back, then turned to the door.
"Mae'leena?"

No reply. He licked his lips and said it again.
"Mae'leena?" He knocked on the door and tried the handle again. "Mae'leena, please! I just want to talk!"

Cambie

Erwin stood and moved over to the window, glancing out and to the small town. It was the dead of night, and few people were out and about.

"I don't think begging and pleading will work with her," he commented. "She's stubborn as a mule."

visualspice

Jarrod kept knocking before stopping as he released a sigh. Turning back to Erwin, he gave a helpless shrug.
"So I take it you know her well enough then?"

Cambie

"I barely know her. Not as much as you seem to know her. You from the same place?"

visualspice

"Why? You accusing me of being Saranthian?" But seeing how Erwin was not a man to joke, he awkwardly cleared his throat and looked away. "No, I am not. We did share a lot of things... The same employer being how we met." He looked pitifully at the door then back to Erwin. "You sure she' s still out there?"

Cambie

Erwin shrugged and turned back around. "You must've done something wrong to get on her bad side, though obviously it doesn't take too much."

With a frown, he brushed past the man and to the door, pulling at the door handle. It didn't budge much. "Enough is enough. Open the door."

visualspice

Unfortunately for them both, Mae'leena was no longer there. She no longer had the patience to deal with either of those men, so it perhaps, would be no surprise that they'd hear a horse gallop down cobblestone streets below the window- and a familiar figure on the saddle taking off into the night.

Though Jarrod hadn't noticed, and was examining the door at a closer look as he frowned.
"It looks like... she jammed something... into the key hole."

Cambie

The rider, bathed in the soft moonlight, caught Erwin's eye from out the window. He let out a small breath and turned away. He'd expected her to bolt. Perhaps it was for the best.

"Just kick it open and be done with it," he said softly, sitting back down on the edge of the bed. "She's gone."

visualspice

"What?" Jarrod blinked as he turned back to Erwin. "How do you know?" He had no idea the duke had seen her leave.

Cambie

Erwin sighed and massaged his temples with his hands. She was out of his hair now, so why was he getting a headache thinking about it? Must be the lack of sleep.

"I caught a glimpse of her just now, she rode off on a horse, dappled grey." His father's horse. That thought really jolted him back to reality.

What the hell was he doing here?