Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Along Came A Spider (M)

Started by visualspice, February 25, 2014, 05:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Mae'leena's face fell.

Right...
that.
"Er... you just said if I wanted to actually talk to you civil like to come callin'. So I did."
Yep, she was dragging her feet on this one!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Erwin's eyes narrowed ever so slightly at that.

"So, you have nothing important to say, but it could not wait until dawn?"

He pressed his mouth together thinly, resisting the urge to turn and march right back upstairs and into his bed. Ansgar knew he had to be awake early anyway.

"Right, let's talk then."

visualspice

Seeing how she was trying his patience, she realized she needed to stop pushing buttons. Drawing in a careful breath,s eh turned away and muttered.
"Yeah, I had something important to tell ya."
And her brow furrowed as she continued to look at the cell wall as she muttered.
"An apology." Though the words were really mumbled- so he might not have heard her properly.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

As she turned, her words were lost in the thick stone walls of her cell. Erwin leaned forward a bit.

"I didn't catch that."

visualspice

Mae'leena's lips rippled with an incredulous sneer. Sighing, she repeated herself.
"I.. I called you for an apology." But it was still kind of muttered. But she was doing her best!

Cambie

"You woke me up for... an apology?" Erwin asked incredulously, leaning forward some more until he was practically up against the bars. He couldn't believe that it could not have waited until the morning.

What was more shocking was the fact that this girl was even apologizing. Especially after two days of giving him and his staff nothing but grief.

He took a step back. "I must say," he started, folding his arms across his chest. "I was not expecting one."

visualspice

"Yeah, well, don't get used to it," she grumbled. "I'm still not happy for being here. But if you're really not planning ta hang me, I guess I should be at least..." She peered over at him from where he had approached the bars and gave a bit of a sniff. "More civil."

Cambie

"It's a start, and I appreciate it," Erwin admitted with a nod of his head. After two nights of of grief from her, it was a surprising roundabout from this girl. Like he said though, talking like adults was infinitely better than hurling insults at one another from opposite sides of a jail cell door.

"So now that we're both acting civil and like how ladies and gentlemen should act, let's talk. The first question... just what were you hoping to accomplish by breaking into my home? This Duchy's been through enough without need for an extra headache."

visualspice

"What do you think? I came here to steal from ya, and if I tell you what it is now, you'll just keep it from me."

Cambie

"Well, the jewels you tried to take are going right back into that chandelier. But I'll be keeping an eye up there, just in case."

He grasped the iron bars and leaned in to gaze at her. The torch behind him cast a halo of light about him and obscured his face in darkness, save for his gleaming blue eyes. It might've been hard for her to recognize that he, for perhaps the first time, actually smiled fully.

"And besides, I have collateral. That giant ruby of yours, which I will be glad to hold in trust until such time as I can find its true owner."

visualspice

"Bah!" she waved it off. "I only stole those gems up there cause I was bored. Besides... I'm a clever girl, I'm sure I can find a way to steal my ruby back." Thankfully, he hadn't mentioned to get rid of it- or- attempt to open it. She knew how these Connlaothians were with magic.

Cambie

"First you'll need to escape this cell," he remarked, glancing up and down the hall. There were only five cells down here in this tiny dungeon, but the Keep rarely held prisoners anyway. In times past, anyone kept there against there will were likely nobles and the like, and would've been afforded the decency of at least a guarded guest room. Erwin couldn't even imagine who'd be locked down here. Perhaps mischievous servants or insubordinate guards.

"I was toying with the idea of actually being a decent gentleman and affording you at least a wash. But from the way you brag, I don't know if it's such a good idea anymore."

visualspice

Her face fell.
"What? Bloody hell you'll keep a bath from me! I'm positively filthy! It's inhuman! And here I thought you weren't up to being so cruel."

Cambie

"Is it though?" he asked, brow raised. "I offer you a bath, and next thing you know I'm missing every valuable belonging in this Keep. Talk about murky water there."

visualspice

"Pah! You expect me to steal all your things when I'm naked?"
But then she adopted a thoughtful expression
Oh.. maybe she could?

Cambie

"I'm sure you'll at least make a decent attempt of it."

The mention of her naked had his eyes drifting down to her amply exposed assets, but he caught himself just at the last moment. Couldn't this girl have worn something less revealing?

visualspice

Mae'leena gave a snort.
"And let you have a free show? Sorry love, but I ain't no duke's whore."

Cambie

Erwin held up a hand to stop her.

"First, I'm not lecherous. If I am to receive a show, I'll be damn sure that I've earned it. Second, I'm busy enough as it is to try my hand at wooing you, gorgeous as you might be."

He glanced her up and down before shrugging again. "Third... you haven't convinced me about why I should allow you your freedom yet, albeit limited freedom."

visualspice

Mae'leena made a face and gave a light stomp of her foot.
"But you offered up a bath! I won't steal nothing if you at least let me get cleaned- unless you're that paranoid I'll steal your soaps."
And idly she had to wonder how much a duke's soap could fetch her...
"Besides, if you're good I could let you watch," she added, the last part purposely being a flirtatious tease. He didn't look half bad anyhow- and really, all she cared about was getting unstinky.
"And if you were watching me, you could see I wouldn't escape or steal nothing."
But oh... a bath! The very idea had her almost begging him for it. She loathed nothing more than reeking of piss. And how many days had she been sleeping in it? Just ew.

Cambie

The Duke folded his arms over his chest.

"Here's my offer. You tell me --truthfully-- how you got into my Keep and onto my ceiling in the first place, and I will let you out of this cell to clean yourself up." He wagged a finger at her. "Under supervision."