Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Bad habits.

Started by paganchick, June 18, 2014, 05:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

Evangaline felt the girl close her mind, but that didn't matter, her brother, and all those in the house that had ever been in the training course were at her disposal. In her mind she had already ran through the course several times. She already knew the set up and surprises.

"So your sister is the one in charge, you are just the second hand hinchman," Evangaline more stated than asked as she followed behind the man. If she wasn't so dead set on getting the information and leaving she would have found that man attractive.
"I could see why she would be, she can get into your head and do whatever she wants and you have little say about it," She added, if she could somehow create tension between the two she could possibly just get one to tell so she could leave before doing all the extra crap.

chandonr

Deimos continued to walk through through the house, still at a slow spee. He was paying attention to the woman as she followed behind.

" Not exactly, I'm training her to take over as leader of this House one day. She will never learn if she never has to make leadership decisions. But your absolutely wrong about her getting inside my mind. There's certain...reasons why she can't access my mind, which is why we are the best of friends. How would you feel if you knew what everyone thought about you, the positive and the bad."

They walked down a flight of stairs, and it opened up to a great big yard. The sun was starting to raise. In the yard were various training post, a couple of open spaces, and an archery field in the very back. To the side, there were a number of weapons. Wands, daggers, swords, and bows were all assorted to the side. All of them were made with materials other than wood, silver, and iron.

Lilla was preparing the training post, making sure it was filled with straw so the woman didn't hurt herself when it was attacked. The training post was on a wooden stick and resemebled a human.  She had a slight pink aura surrounding her. "Welcome!" Lilla said with a smile and a nod.

"So here we are. It isn't exactly an obstacle course, but just a test of combative power. So here's a combat post, this is just to see how you fight. So you can just punch on this and get warmed up. Then the first test is that you will fight Lilla. You can use any of the weapons to the side if you wish." Deimos wanted to see the girl's potential.

"You'll try to kill her, but she will not bring any physical or mental harm on you. Oh and remember, no magic... Mordecai's will suppress your magic," He said. Deimos was interested to see how the girl would perform.

paganchick

"She doesn't use her abilities, I wont use mine," Evangaline spoke simply as she walked over to the rack of weapons, gently running her fingers over them. A soft smirk crept onto her face, none of them were iron, which was a relief, her and iron didn't agree with each other.

She placed the weapons she came with on the wrack and started picking up weapons, two short swords a bow and several throwing knives were all placed on her person, she was an expert with all three weapons.

"And I have no need to warm up, I am sure they wont have a warm up dummy on the outskirts of the camps."

chandonr

"That's acceptable," Deimos said as he watched the girl choose a weapon. He highly doubted that the girl would make it passed Lilla. Deimos observed everything very carefully, looking for any contact from Lilla's attacks that would prove lethal.

Lilla wasn't using her powers exactly, but she didn't want to hurt the girl either. Everything that Lilla would do and even herself was just a projection. A projection of Lilla's own thoughts. To keep it fair, Lilla knew she would only use attacks that she could pull off in real life.

"So tell me when your ready." Lilla stood in the center of the open ground, with her wand in hand. " Earth," She mumbled underneath her breath. Lilla could feel the energy of the wand change, much like a shift of gears in a car. She was wearing a form fitting suit that was all white, but easy to maneuver in. The sun was now up and Lilla was ready for anything.

paganchick

Evangaline closed her eyes, tilting her head slightly, she could sense the power, the magic flow. She turned to the man, "I thought you said no magic," She stated, raising an eyebrow. The look in her eyes though, that was were you could tell she was growing frustrated and angry. She was getting tired of there games.

chandonr

Deimos laughed. "Do you really want her to kill you? You said she couldn't use her ability, so she isn't going to use her abilities on you. Now if you are too stupid to realize that real flames will kill you and if you don't realize that we are not trying to hurt you by now, then maybe testing you is a waste of our time. Maybe us trying to help you is a waste. Maybe you are too filled with rage to accept the help of others. So.. please tell me your not stupid."

His face showed frustration, but he mainly felt disappointment. He was growing tired of hearing this girls constant ranting and anger. Her emotions were passing onto him. Deimos started feel like this girl was already to far of a lost cause, and maybe it was time to alter her memories. Lilla could see Deimos face and tried to talk to him through the link, but all she heard was dead silence. He obviously did not want to be disturbed.

paganchick

Evangaline looked at him for a second, and she really wish Dekka was there so she could fry the jerk, because that was what this guy was.
"I want it to be fair, which means a real living person and do not be so sure she is so much better than me, you do not know me. And please don't tell be that you are so dense not to realise there are Mordecai that can block all magic including enchantments, so there would be no flying ball of fire less it be a bomb," She spoke sharply. She was getting tired of there games.

"I do think you are wasting my time though, your help isn't vital," She spoke as she turned to walk away, clearly finished.

chandonr

" Oh but that's where you're wrong. I don't think that she is better than you, but she can control her emotions. Which gives her more control and accuracy in battle. " His voice had lighten a bit. He listened to his own words as he said them, and he knew that his emotions were starting to control him.

" And to your Mordecai point, there's a strategy to everything. Lilla doesn't go into combat alone, when there's a large force. There's a number of mages my House, and we have alligences with other mages. When we fight, everyone has their strong suit and their purpuse. Lilla is good at a distance, she can create a map with the location of every Mordecai and warriors in her head. I can kill them and quickly move on. Most of my mages are trained with a combat weapon, so they can be lethal without their powers up close. Lilla can see through the eyes of others, so she can target a person, with some effort, from a mile away. So my point here, is that you can't go into any location without a plan. Strength comes in numbers, and if you have a plan to go with it, then you, me, Lilla, and all the mages, can be unstoppable."

Deimos knew he was lecturing, but he wanted the girl to hear what he had to say before she attempted to leave. He was holding off as long as possible before he had to go into protective measures. His face had gone back to a neutral form, he went back to thinking what the girl must be thinking. Not many were desperate enough to break into a house to try to go to a mage camp.

Lilla continued to stand in the center of the field, but her wand was now put away. She listened to the words, and heard how it was the most inspiration words she had heard till this day. She could also feel a click in her head, the telepathic link between her and Deimos was open again.

paganchick

Evangaline put away the weapons she had gotten from the rack and picked up her own before turning to face the man.

"I don't care about you, or any other Connloathian mage, that isn't my fight. If you don't like the rules here move instead of standing under the rule of the crazy Grand Duke. I am here to get my family out so you can rip each other apart. I don't need your approval or your help, I will simply find another way, I am perfectly capable of handling myself and I don't have to prove that to you," She spoke, her voice distant, almost cold sounding

chandonr

"Your a smart woman. You should know that these rules is the beginning of a war. And if we, mages, don't squash this before it turns into a war, then this will turn into a world war, and all mages will have to stand their ground." Deimos said, while he was still processing her words.

It all clicked together for Deimos and Lilla now. They both knew that she wanted to go the mage camps for a reason, but now they had that reason. The girls parent's were being held prisoner. Both Deimos and Lilla knew that they couldn't directly help in any way, not yet. The House was still planning their point of attack, and was waiting to lead a mass mage break. They couldn't compromise their position, but Deimos felt the girl should at least get the honest truth.

"Look, I'll tell you this now. There's no way we can directly help you now. But, my house is planning a large mage break when we raise the number of troops we need. I doubt you would want to join our ranks, but remember if you want to help break out your parents, then this is the place where you need to be"

His words were neutral like always, he didn't want to push the girl to do something she didn't want to do, but he wanted her to know that they could help her with time.

paganchick

"I doubt the Grand Duke would be ignorant enough to try to fight a war against every other nation, he would lose, he knows that, he doesn't have the numbers of the fire power, I doubt seriously it would go that far considering the faith that drives the war is mostly only a Connloathian religion.
"And no, I do not wish to join your ranks and why would you risk what power you hold for a prison break?"

chandonr

"The Grand Duke is a fool. But that's not the point I'm trying to make. I don't think Connlaoth will try to conquer the world, but there are a number of people in other countries that believe that magic is an evil, sinister thing. This is what leads to the creation of allegiances, which leads to war...History seems to always repeat itself."

He was alluding to the events he saw when he was a child. Pictures of his childhood started to flip through his head as he talked.

"I never expected you would, and the reason why I risk what power I hold is because of the innocent mages that are locked up. My influences are spread wide, and the strength of the mages are starting to rival the others. "

paganchick

"There will always be a war, in the name of one thing or another. Now its in the name of some god that doesn't exist, tomorrow it will be in the name of another. There is nothing you can do about that. There is already an underground rising of rebels growing strong, do you underestimate my knowledge? The only thing I wanted from you was a map, or some knowledge of where the camps were, and clearly im not going to get it," Evangaline replied coldly.