Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Echoes

Started by visualspice, September 03, 2014, 01:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It had been so long since she had returned to the city, she could not help herself but break her promise of Conall. Her daughter, she found out, was mixed up in helping the mage movement as well, and was no longer dwelling in the city, but traveling somewhere in the country side, and her care taker could do nothing to stop her. Though it pained her to think her daughter was out somewhere, doing dangerous things, she could not help but feel proud of her for wanting to do the right thing- even if she was being as foolish as her mother.

But to see Reajh in such conditions upon her return felt eerie, there was a strange silence to the place, and so many soldiers and guards. The streets felt hollow, and as grey as the sky. She shivered, feeling the cold winds whipping through the streets as she neared the palace and peered up to it, capped in the red light of the fading day. This was the last place she had been where her peaceful protests took a turn for the worst. She should have known the Grand Duke's men would have played dirty, and to think....

They had failed to kill her when they hung her bleeding body from the chandelier in the forgotten castle in the mountains so far away. She shivered and shook away the thought, hugging the hooded cloak closer around her body. When had it gotten so cold? And as she walked on, she began to regret leaving Conall behind, as she moved away from the palace back to the outskirts where they had taken hommage on this chilly night.

It was late, and by the time she began to weave her way through the city streets, a bell tolled, echoing through the city. She paused a moment in the shadow of a building and heard the cry of a guard on horse back.

"The eve is here! No parsons to be on the street!"
And as he galloped away, she held her breath, hearing his words echo and echo over and over again. Seems as if the city now had a curfew. It wasn't unexpected, she just wished she had more time.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Delentus

Outside of a tavern not so far away from her, there stood a man similarly trying to hide in the shadows from the guard criers. He had to be like a ghost on this night, he was hearing to many rumors of mages in the capital. It made him uncomfortable to even consider that possibility, that was why he was out this night. Delentus was going to meet with one of the last people he could trust to see if she knew anything more on this, but it was going to take him a very long time to get there since he had to go from shadow to shadow.

As he went through the alleyways of Reajh he started to fade into his own thoughts. How exactly am I going to deal with these mages if these are actually here? I better take this slowly, no idea how many I'll have to go against... he thought as he went off on a mental tangent. His attention was brought back to his surroundings suddenly when he looked forward to spot a woman standing in the shadows at the end of the alley he was standing in.

He decided it would be best to have the element of surprise in this case, so with a practiced movement he pulled out one of his pistols and started to skulked towards the woman. Moving as quietly as he could, he made it to within just a few strides of her, when the absolute worse could happen. He wasn't paying attention to where he was stepping at that point, and put all of his weight down on a pile of glass.  At the sound of the sharp noise of the glass crunching under his foot he froze immediately. His eyes opened in slight horror at the implications of what would happen if she saw him with the pistol out, so he quickly holstered it and held his breath. Waiting to see what was about to unfold.

[ OOC: I'm sorry I took so long. I had hardcore writers block.    D: ]

visualspice

OOC: It's okay! We all get that sometimes!

-------

Katahnia turned around with a gasp, a hand hoovering over her hip where a blade was concealed. She hadn't expected to be surprised so easily, especially by anyone out at this hour in the capital. And she couldn't help but notice the burn scars on his neck and face, which made the knot in her throat tighten and hard to swallow while her heart drummed loudly in her ears.

"Are... are you a guard?" she asked hushedly, her breathing heavy as she felt her hand begin to sweat as it hoovered over the dagger at her side.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Delentus

Delentus couldn't help but chuckle at her question. He didn't think he looked like a guard, he had his pistol and a dagger with him but he was wearing normal clothing on this night. But that question also seemed very suspicious, why exactly would this woman need to be worried about the guards? The punishment for breaking the curfew weren't that harsh from what he heard, so it had to be something more serious.

"No, I am not. Why do you ask?" he asked as he eyed her, trying to read her body language. Something just wasn't right, and she seemed vaguely familiar.

visualspice

"Oh.. good," she said, forcing a smile on her lips but it was more than evident she was nervous. "I.. I haven't been to Reajh in ages. I hadn't realized when the curfew started and I.. I just wouldn't want to cause any trouble." She stood there a moment, biting her lip before nodding. "Well, if you'll excuse me. I've got to get home before the guards DO show up." And she moved to walk past him, as quickly as she thought was proper.

Delentus

"You can consider me a concerned citizen though." he said as he put his arm out in front of her, keeping her from going that way. Something just wasn't right, he could tell this woman was of a higher class from how she held herself. Everyone of worth frequent the capital often enough to know the curfew has been in effect for quite some time now.

"If I may, I would like to know why someone of your social standing would not know of the curfew. Yes I can tell you are of a higher class than someone like myself, your posture gives it away." he asked, with a coldness in his voice. He just knew something was just not quite right, and he knew her from somewhere. If only he could remember...

visualspice

Katahnia notably gasped when the man put his arm out, forbidding her passage. She wondered if she'd have to take this man down- and do so quietly. She'd hate to have the real guards attentions because she had been foolish enough to draw attention to herself.

"Higher class?" She gave the sweetest smile she could and a shake of her head. "You're mistaken, though I do work for a noblewoman. And she makes sure I have good posture, good tongue, and am prompt everywhere I go. But I dare admit that this evening," and here she sighed, "I'm quite late to retire, and my charge will be getting worried. So if you'll please excuse me, I've got some place to be."

Delentus

Since he had no reason to not believe this woman he started to drop his arm slowly from in front of her. He didn't trust her for a moment though, he wasn't going to just let her walk away. What if she was lying? She might actually have something to do with the rumors he's been hearing.

"Fair enough, although I should walk with you. I know enough guards who patrol at this hour to us out of trouble if we run into it. That and if you are indeed telling the truth, it would be wrong of me to not accompany you." he said to her, flashing a very subtle smile. He wasn't exactly lying when he said that, he did could get them out of trouble and if she was indeed telling the truth he felt obligated to do so. But he didn't believe her, he just couldn't.

visualspice

"Oh, but I couldn't impose, really," she went on, taking a few nonchalant steps away from him. "Especially when where I have to go isn't that far."
And he wasn't the only one not trusting the other. This man was out past curfew as well- and that smelled trouble. And she didn't want to find out if he was the good or bad kind.

Delentus

"Wait, just a moment." he said, as he walked up to her again. "I forgot my manners, the name is Delenus Corzel. And you are?"

Just for an added measure, he took out his pistol. Showed it to her, then spun it on his finger. Catching the barrel so the grip was pointing at her. "Just to make a point, this is all I have on me." He knew how dangerous this could turn out to be, but he had to gain her trust somehow. Even if was just for momentary use.

visualspice

Katahnia was taken back when the pistol was revealed, a hand gripping to her chest as her green eyes darted around to see if anyone else was around, or heard. Her eyes then went to him as she frowned with uncertainty.

"Surely you do not think the streets are so dangerous?"

Delentus

"You obviously haven't been around for a long time. Nowhere is safe anymore off the main streets, and funnily enough even those aren't safe anymore." he said, waiting to see what she would do. After a few moments, he tossed it in the air again, caught it, then slid it back in his holster.

"For someone who is just a servant, you are very tight lipped about your name." He was getting slightly annoyed and was getting suspicious again. Why would she hide her name after all if she wasn't worried about something?

visualspice

Her eyes lit up as she realized he caught her ignoring the question. She gave a nervous smile and shake of her head before dropping her head into a polite bow.
"Forgive me, I'm still a little flustered. You can call me Kat."
It was a common enough name anyway. Since the Grand Duchess assumed the throne, there had been a lot of Kathryn's being born.

"But if you are so insistent..." she went on, not sure how she was going to be able to talk herself out of this one-

But she wouldn't have to, because a voice called from down the way.

"Hey? You there! It's after curfew! Halt where you are!"

Katahnia wasn't sure if this was a blessing or a curse, but she swore beneath her breath and turned to Delentus.
"What should we do? Will we get in a lot of trouble?"

The man was far enough down the street that, if they wanted to run, they still had a good chance to lose him. But who's to say they wouldn't run into another guard? Or mordecai? The capital was well guarded, after all. It's why she was being so careful.

Delentus

He finally had a name to the face, but that just made the nagging sense that he knew her even more profound. Before he had the chance to ask her if they met before though, there was a guard yelling at them from the end of the alley. Worst of all, he didn't know this one. He swore under his breath as he tried to think of the best way out of this situation, it was then he managed to look up and see a handhold just a few feet over their heads.

"We're going up. There's a handhold that I can easily boost you up to. Now don't act like a prude, just step into my hands!"  he said as he squatted down, cupping his hands together waiting for her to step into them.

visualspice

Katahnia stared at him in shock for a moment. At first she had presumed he was a guard or even a mordecai in disguise, but then the fact he too, wanted to run from the guards as much as she did (well internally,s he was not about to express that outwardly!) had her second guessing this man. Perhaps he was a mage or mage supporter? Or at the least, just some nice folk wanting to help. But she couldn't help but hesitate when she asked him, "Are you sure running from the guards is wise?"

But did they have any other choice?

Delentus

"You are seriously going to stand there and debate this right now? Come on, we need to go!"

He was already regretting this decision to help this woman, he could of already been up on the roof and gone by now. Oh well, once a decision was made he stuck with it. Hopefully this would end up being worth the major detour he was going to have to take now.

visualspice

The bark of the guards reminded her of the severity of the situation- but she knew if she were to run, she'd already be labeled as trouble. Being as she wasn't in it alone helped quite a lot, so with haste, she took him up on his offer and up she went, up she climbed.

But a misstep caused her to yelp, groping for something to cling onto as her foot came down and kicked Delentus square in the face.

Delentus

Lifting Kat up to the roof took little effort, and as he was looking around to see the best way to join her he heard her yelp in surprise. Just as he looked up he took her foot in her face, a blast of stars entering his vision for a moment before looking up in surprise.

"Watch what you're doing, or we'll both end up in more trouble than we need to be!" he yelled at her, holding onto his nose for a few more seconds.

After he gathered his sense, he quickly decided his path. Taking a short running start, he ran up the side of the building on the opposite side of the alley from the target roof. Before he lost his footing though, he pushed off against it and leapt towards the handhold, getting ahold of it with ease.

visualspice

By the time he grabbed the hand hold, she had already made it to the roof top. Turning around, she expelled a breath and offered him down a hand.
"Hurry! The guards are almost here!"

Delentus

He just ignored her and her offered hand as he swung his leg over the lip and with a fluid motion. Just in time, because as he made it out of sight on the roof, the sounds of guards started coming up from where they just were.

"Try to stay quiet." he said to her, barely above a whisper as he skulked closer the center of the roof, which coincidentally was closer to her.