Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blades of Iron, Hearts of Gold [Nova!]

Started by Vyraena, December 21, 2014, 04:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyraena

The village that Erik had stopped at on his way home from his last journey was a small one. To be correct, it was extremely small. There was a small marketplace in the center, with a small inn that had only three rooms upstairs. The houses were small and few, with Erik counting maybe eight or nine that actually had people living in them. A few minutes down the road, there was a farm house with only two small fields of crops, as well as a small barn that held maybe five animals at the most. Needless to say, it was calm and quiet, quite a different pace than Reajh.

Originally, Erik had wanted to pass through the town in order to make better time. However, his horse was tired and needed water, and if he were to keep going he wouldn't have made it to the next town by nightfall. Erik made his way to the inn, which conveniently had a spot for two horses just out front, both unoccupied at the time. Tying his horse to the post, Erik walked down to the marketplace to pick up food and water for the animal before making his own arrangements.

At the marketplace, there were few people interacting. There were only four shops, as well. A blacksmith's forge, a tailor's shop, a bakery, and a farmer's stand. Approaching the farmer's stand, Erik purchased a carrot as well as a bag of oats, and a small jug of water. Bringing it back to the horse he was "borrowing" from a man he had defeated in combat when the man tried to rob him, Erik fed the animal and then went inside the inn.

The inn was a bit more lively than the marketplace. There was a bar where the innkeeper was bartending, two serving women bringing food and drink to the people at the tables, and a few men playing cards by the fire. Erik took a seat at the bar and smiled at the innkeeper. "I'll take a mug of ale, please. I'm not particularly caring of what type."

The innkeeper returned his smile and nodded. "Of course, sir." He said as he went to the back room. Erik assumed the keg was back there, and he was right. The man returned with his drink and placed it in front of Erik. "Thank you." He said. "I would also like a room for the night."

"We have two left." The innkeeper said. "The one on the far left is occupied, but you have your choice of the other two."

Erik smiled and thanked the man. "I'll head upstairs when I'm done drinking, then!" He said as he downed his ale in a few gulps. "Another, if you'd please!"

Scythe-Nova

-"...This place almost feels like my hometown"

Lynn said as she walked into the little village while looking around curiously, No one paid her any special attention even though she clearly were not from around here or even though she carried a sword on her back. Lynn thought nothing about why it was so because she did not like to get that much attention, It had been quite the walk to this village though so she were quite tired and wanted to get a bed for the night. And in that endeavour to get a bed for the night she began to search for a inn, It was a very small village so to find the inn were not hard at all.

-"Hmmm seems like a good place to get a good nights rest at"

She said with a slight smile and entered the inn and took a quick look around, seeing the people sitting around the inn she thought back to her hometown and the large inn they had there she also remembered the hot springs they had at that inn. Shaking off the thoughts of home she made her way over to the counter and looked at the man she thought to be the innkeeper, even though she were nervous she kept a light smile on her face.

-"E-excuse me but do you have any rooms to rent here?"

Still she could not help to act shy as it was her nature, She was a bit too focused on not taking a step back to notice the man not far from her. Lynn were clothed in her normal clothes making it seem a bit too little to wear in this climate, but her being a Snow Elf she were very resistant to the cold and would not think about it even though others might find it odd.

Vyraena

The innkeeper smiled at the lady who had just approached him. "Ah, you came just in time. We have one opening left."

Motioning towards Erik, he added, "This man over here also just asked for a room, so there are two to pick between. The two of you can work out who gets which one. They are pretty much the same, so it shouldn't be an issue."

With that, Erik looked over at Lynn, and smiled. "You can take whichever one you would like. It doesn't matter much to me."

Scythe-Nova

-"Umm..."

Lynn listened to the innkeeper and when he mentioned the other man she looked to the side at the knight, She kinda took a half step back when he talked to her and she swallowed hard as she shook her head slightly.

-"I-i don't mind e-either.."

She said with a shy smile as she looked the man over with her gaze quickly though her gaze stopped at his sword for a second or two before looking back up at his face with a slight blush. she straightened herself and looked back at the Innkeeper with a slightly embarassed smile.

-"Also would it be possible to get something nice to eat as well?"

Vyraena

"We have a special house stew, which is what most of our customers order. We have other options if that doesn't suit you, but I strongly recommend it. Please, take a seat." The innkeeper said with a smile.

While they talked, Erik looked over the woman. He noticed her sword and studied it, but would wait for her to get comfortable before he began a conversation.

Scythe-Nova

-"W-well i'll have some of that then, oh and some light brew if possible"

She said with a slightly calmer smile before she sat down on the chair to her left thus placing her with one chair between her and the knight. She removed her simple backpack and placing it next to her chair and then took off the sword on her back still in it's scabbard and placing it leaning against the barcounter to her left.

-"..."

She felt the knight's gaze upon her but was far to shy to look back and pick up a conversation with him, she removed the fur cloak she had on her back hanging it on the backrest of her chair patiently waiting for her food.