Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sea Dragons like food

Started by LostSoul, May 23, 2022, 03:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostSoul

He was about to escape, he could feel it, then stopped as he heard a voice. Freezing in his tracks, then falling backwards as the naga showed up. He stared, frightened, even more so after the dragon showed up, he scampered forward to see what was going on. His mind screamed in frustration, he would have more time later, she must of stole meat FROM the naga...why did she bring this one back?

He waited patiently, remembering stories of heros dealing with naga, however, he was also once told a story ABOUT a naga hero as well. A weird alien bunch. He looked in fascination, but also, horror, the poor creature was beaten half to death.

He bowed his head as the dragon bitch showed up, out of false respect, but also to hide his anger of entrapment, patience Godfrey, PATIENCE!

His head popped up in actual horror as she suggested that he 'carve' her. CARVE?! There was a limit and this was it, how was he-THE PROMISE!?

Naga count as people...right? Doesn't matter, they do now, and no way was he going to eat that. He swallowed before lowering his head again to speak, he had to do this carefully.

"Friend, this creature is a person, a promise was made to not eat them yes? I also don't know how to carve people. People don't eat people, we eat animals, animals generally don't know how to speak. Such as Cows, Chicken, Errr, Bears, Wolves and animals like that." he said respectfully before continuing

"I mean no disrespect when I say this, I'll gladly carve animals and know how to, however, I don't know how to carve a Naga nor would I know how to cook or eat one, so I can not be as much help. If you wish, while you go to fetch more food, I can string this one up for later or deal with her in how you wish." he says bowing his head and winking at the Naga, he'll get both of them out of here.

He held both of his hands as too not cause issues such as shaking, or balling of fists. He was livid, how could she? One could be a mis-understanding, but this? THIS?! This was blatant breaking, this was wrong, so very wrong. He hoped he wasn't going to be throw into the sea to drown...or eaten himself, but it was time to stand up, even if he dies, he has to do what is right.

He swallowed as he waited judgement, he just hope it went well. He stayed stock still like a respectful servant might, sweat beginning to drip down his face again, he was scared, but he had to stand...oh god, he had so many things to do, he hopes he will still be able too.

Hyacinthus

And, within moments, the smile and enthusiasm once more faded from Lusca's face. As the human began to explain the extenuating circumstances that prevented him from from complying with her request, a sense of sadness and exasperation washed over the dragonette-- realizing now that her lessons in cooking would not be so simple to obtain after all. With a frown on her face, she tossed the sack of herbs to the side and looked down at the naga woman at her feet; Only now getting a good look at her tear-streaked, horrified face. "This counts as a person? But I thought people looked like you... and Nora. And Kailann. Hm... I see. Then these are people. Okay." She seemed somewhat deflated over this discovery of sorts, but ultimately nodded in understanding; Her eyes shifting from her to the human once more.

"I don't understand this 'string her', treasure-friend; If it is a person, it is human, yes? Nora says that killing humans is something only beasts do; Do not be a beast, teasure-friend." Oh, how the tables turned; Now it was Lusca, amusingly, that was admonishing the human for such thoughts of harm to the naga that lay before them. Said serpentkin lay confused on the ground, her strength slowly returning after the tumultuous trip that brought her to this place, but only just.

"Then it is to be animals that cannot speak which can be meat? Very well, treasure-friend; I shall return once more with creatures for us to partake in the art of carving!" She nodded, the metaphorical wind back in her equally metaphorical sails as her smile returned, and with that, she turned on her heels and eagerly rushed back down into the tunnel from which she initially emerged; An audible splash foretelling of her departure. Thus, Godfrey was left alone-- this time, however, with further unfamiliar company.

"...She... Is... is she gone...?" The serpentine woman's voice broke the immediate silence, her frantic breathing beginning to slow to a normal pace at last.

LostSoul

He stayed stock still, waiting for her reaction. He breathed a sigh of relief, thank Yalthnea that the dragon agreed that his was a person. In truth, he had no idea if Naga even counted, but you don't eat intelligent beings...even though he's sure he's read stories that Naga eat people...Ehhhh, its his good deed for the day.

He mentally fist pumped as she took his string her bait. Operation, fool the dragon is a go! He nodded, waiting for her to leave before breathing a sigh of relief after waiting at least a minute or two.

"Hope ya aren't dying thar miss, we need to get going, now, do you need to be patched up?" he asks, looking her up and down for any serious injuries before going to pick up the naga. She was skinny, sadly, so he should have this easy peasy.

And like a sack of rice, he lifted her up, and breathed out in sudden exhalation, Naga were surprisingly heavy. He started to make his way, picking up some gold coins to stuff into his pockets as he made his way towards the candle. He was going slowly, but also quickly, who knew how fast she would be back, all he had to do was make it with the naga...He can do this, almost...there.

Hyacinthus

"I... will be okay. My body... this pain... I will endure." There was a renewed energy to the serpentkin's voice; Her shivering on the cobble and granite cave floor slowing to a stop, over the course of a few moments' time. Her body was used to punishment; She'd been trained for years to learn to suppress such pain in the face of adversity, or while on the hunt. Among her sisters, she was often compared to steel; with scales hardened by the fires of enemies and flesh tempered by countless strikes, no matter how supple and shapely she may have appeared. For she was Shaashara of Malaiik-- Forward spear and eldest of the Malaiik huntress trio.

Truth be told, she had long since numbed the many bruises and injuries she'd sustained during her 'capture' in her mind; She likely could have pushed herself from the floor at any time. Yet, she did not move; She did not even show implication of strength. She lay there, looking weakly up at the only other person in the cave; the boy. A human, to be sure, but how he could've possibly gotten down here was beyond Shaashara's wildest imagination. They were, after all, as far as she could tell, leagues beneath the surface. That she had practiced the art of depth diving with her sisters in pursuit of underwater prey for the clan was the only reason she'd hadn't lost consciousness on her way down. But a human? Here? Something wasn't right.

As the young man reached down to grab her, Shaashara's eyes narrowed for but a moment's time, before a split-second decision convinced her to, for the most part, relax in his grasp. She let herself be lifted over his shoulder, still quite limp in his grasp for a time as he shuffled about to hold her. She was, by all accounts, quite a bit longer than him; Her tail, pride of her uniquely physically gifted body, was nearly twice his body in height on it's own; But innocuously, as if to help the boy maintain his balance, she slowly pulled and coiled her tail towards her torso, wrapping slightly across his waist for support... then his arms... and then his neck.

'Now--!' So preoccupied with his own foolish greed was the boy that he'd made himself vulnerable-- and all too easy prey for Shaashara, who tightened the coils of her serpent-like lower body around him, enveloping him from torso to collarbone in a vice-like grip that likely made the dragonette's 'handholding' feel like the gentle tugging of a toddler. "Ha!" With the force of her superior full-body weight, Shaashara let out a decicive battle cry as she pushed herself off of the boy's shoulders and, with the full torque of her core body strength, swung him from his feet to the ground below. They'd both crash-- body the naga was built for this kind of close-quarter's combat, as she continued to maneuver the remainder of her tail down the length of the boy's body, careful to avoid his sword hand-- and the sharp blade at his waist. This might've been more than dire enough of a situation on it's own-- but as the entrapped Godfrey would no doubt notice, the monstrous coiled grasp of the naga was only growing tighter with every moment.

"I know not who you are-- nor how you come to be in this place. I care not. You will make a fine example for the dragon not to encroach on naga lands ever again." She spat, figurative and literal venom in her words as she debated simply squeezing the remainder of the life out of the fool and being done with it.

No... no. He needed to suffer-- The pride of her people demanded it.

LostSoul

Godfrey was beginning to feel chipper. He was going to escape with a lady...well, a naga, but still, it looked female, he was counting it, or at least pretending it was some plump princess, she was heavy enough for that. Also tall, very tall, probably cause she was mostly snake.

He grinned, almost escaped, full of gold, books, and a story and saving someone to boot. Talk about a good day..ish? Get too the candle an-

GAKH! He felt it tighten around his body all at once, he was also sure he heard something snap, multiple things, around his chest. His eyes bulging from pressure and shock, what the fuck is happening. He fell back, landing on the naga's tail, almost his head, thankfully, it was spared...his rib cage was not, it was very painful to breath, and he felt very compressed. H-he had to defend himself, he looked over at his arms...also wrapped in naga tail. He could barely move his hands.

He could barely breath at this point as his head fell back, he was confused, all he wanted to do was save people, have his name be sung, find a wife, no longer be trapped to the fate of many...to decide his own, and now he was dying...again.

He had to do something, anything. He exerted all of his strength, causing him to fart and his right leg kick before going limp. He was only a farm boy, barely able to use a sword, surprised and ambushed by a naga. Limbs wrapped and chest broken, there wasn't much he could do but remain strong until the darkness took him, and it was taking him fast.

A tear was being shed, mistakes were made, perhaps his last, and final mistake...and he never got a chance to tell his parents why.

Hyacinthus

Shaashara couldn't help but bring a cruel and vindictive smile to her lips as she watched the vain and appropriately humiliating attempts by the boy to free himself, tightening the coil of her grip upon him even further. "Look at you. You dared to pity me, and this is all you're capable of?" He looked so pathetic, struggling for freedom, practically begging for his life-- but this was his own fault! How dare he, or that dragon, look down upon her? She, who had defended the Naga claimforests from humans and monsters alike? She, who spent the entirety of her life devoting herself to becoming a weapon for the sake of her sisters; She, who'd fought beasts twice the size of that dragon! She needn't even use magic against him.

"Perhaps I'll leave a message here in your blood; Lure her back to our territory. She may have caught us by surprise earlier, with her dominion over water, but she is but a child; A child stands no chance of survival against me. Would you not agree, boy?" She ran through so many scenarios in her head of just how she might go about killing the dragonette; So many methods, so many ideas. For added emphasis, Shaashara lifed her coiled tail-- the human included within it-- And slammed it back onto the ground-- The human along with it. "Well?" She repeated herself, before her coils further tightened, almost a flesh-ripping snare at this point. She briefly wondered if she'd rupture his lungs and organs first, or if his head would simply pop like a balloon under too much pressure... But only briefly did she wonder this, for moments afterwards, she found herself preoccupied with other, more pressing concerns.

"You are not worthy."

A concentrated beam of pressurized water shot forth from one of the nearby tunnels leading out of the cave; Shaashara's senses were sharp enough to feel the threat coming and dodge it, at the cost of releasing the boy from her coiled grasp. The air within the cave grew damp once more with the tell-tale signs of water magic as, from the tunnel that the attack just came from, appeared a very, very angry dragon. She'd been holding onto a couple of wolves-- beasts she was able to very quickly and easily return to the surface and capture-- but at the sight of the Naga, she dropped them. Her silvery eyes narrowed, her body giving off the warning signs of inevitable danger, those red bioluminescent lights bubbling to the surface of her skin. If the Naga could sweat, she might've right now... and yet, she stood her ground all the same, having retreated some 10 or 15 feet closer to the dragon's hoard to avoid that last attack. "Back so soon? And I was thinking of preparing a present for you; How unfortunate." She quipped, looking to incite the creature further; After all, despite that 'human visage', it was still a dragon. A young untamed beast could be angered into making mistakes in battle; Her greatest chance of victory. Yet as Lusca took another step closer towards the serpentkin, it seemed that she'd yet managed to maintain her composure... at least, for now.

"None may touch my treasures, or my friends!" There was something distinctly more feral, more primal, to the tone of her angered voice as she practically screamed at the impudent Naga. Shaashara didn't seem to be the slightest bit intimidated. Instead, a daring smile crept up onto her face as she, slowly, began to reach down towards the ground, Lusca's eyes following her actions with barely-contained rage. "Oh... you mean... like this...?" She said with a condescending tone to her voice, before her hand found purchase on one of the many golden coins scattered across the cave. She then, to Lusca's great duress, launched the coin directly at the weakened human not so far away, with enough speed and force to fracture a bone if it had connected; Lusca was faster, however, and with a dash and swing of her arm, she deflected the gold from reaching it's mark. A hate-fueled gaze was set upon Shaashara, before Lusca reached the limit of her anger-- eyes going completely feral in a maddened rage as she let out a terrifying roar and rushed head-first at the naga, clawed-hands outstretched. The huntress grinned a cruel, war-maddened grin of her own; It was a fight!

Lusca leapt forth, closing the gap in distance between her and Shaashara in moments and swiping at the naga with the full strength of her claws; She missed, however, as her opponent had been expecting it, and dodged by slithering quickly just beyond her reach. Lusca didn't stop her momentum; she kicked off of the spot she'd landed on and leapt forth again, slashing at Shaashara who deftly avoided by ducking beneath her lunge and slithering below. Once more she attacked, and this time Shaashara, ever the quickstudy, was able to read her movements enough to not only barely dodge her strike, but take hold of her slashing arm following it's momentum and, with great martial prowess, toss the dragon girl with her own momentum into the nearby cave wall. This was what Shaashara wanted; sound of mind, a dragon was a terrible threat. But angered, a beast was a beast. Her grin widened as Lusca, instead of smacking straight into the wall, had the werewithal to flip her body and land with her feet hitting the wall, absorbing the impact of the throw before landing on the ground again. And within moments, the dragon once more rushed Shaashara, but this time the naga was much better prepared.

"Sssssshaashara han sssjilaanha!"

Lusca's clawed hand swiped down at the naga once more, but were met with repelling, magical steel; Her eyes widened in shock as she realized that her blow had been stopped by the shaft of a magical spear, which had materialized into the naga's hands moments before! "Ha!" Shaashara triumphantly cried out, repelling the dragon's body backward with sheer core strength to create some separation, before twisting the spear in her hands rapidly and following up with practically sound barrier-breaking thrusting strike to the exposed chest of the beast. It didn't pierce Lusca through, but it once more knocked her back with enough force to send her flying into the wall; This time, however, with the wind knocked out of her lungs, the dragonette did in fact slam back-first into the cave's end, the hollowed underwater mountain shaking slightly from the force of the collision. She didn't fall to the ground, nor did she show signs of pain; Indignantly, Lusca pushed herself off the the small indentation she'd made in the wall, looking back at the naga once more; and more importantly, that damned spear she now wielded.

Shaashara smiled with twisted pride, very much aware she was being appraised as a proper threat now, and pointed her spear back at Lusca. "This weapon is an extension of my own willpower; Bestowed upon me as First Spear of the huntresses of Sjilaanha, and imbued with the strength of my predecessors through our proud history-- And it has spilled far more powerful dragon blood than you!" She taunted, further enraging the dragoness who proceeded to let out a powerful roar in return, before flexing her wings for the first time since she'd begun fighting. Shaashara was fairly certain of what it meant, and with a grimace on her face, she shifted on the spot almost immediately as Lusca, wings now extended, took to the air with a powerful flap, and another. Was she trying to establish aerial dominance, or take away Shaashara's close-ranged advantage? The naga didn't have time to think about it, as only moments after she ascended, another beam of pressurized water fired her way; She dodged it deftly, only to be shocked at having to immediately afterwards dodge another one, and then another. Her eyes were finally able to focus in the semi-darkness of the cave on the airborne Lusca-- Whom she could now see had gathered 3 large, floating orbs of magicked freshwater to her sides-- from which she'd been firing these beams of water. The naga frowned, gritting her teeth as Lusca fired yet another salvo of water streams at her, each with enough pressurized force to slice through the ground they came into contact with as the naga dodged one way and then the next as quickly as she could, before looking back to Lusca's location and seeing that she'd vanished; She had mere moments afterwards-- split seconds, even-- to correctly bring her spear above her head with a powerful reverse-overhead swing to deflect the dragon's incoming aerial diving attack, only to take a close-range blast of water to her torso, knocking her off balance and bruising her abs but otherwise not wounding her. This was, however, not the best situation for her; she realized that she was on the defensive, and with the dragon being airborne, she had no real way of luring her down, or preventing her from using that water att-- wait. Yes she did.

Another stream of water surged directly at the naga, and she dodged it as best she could, though she had not yet had time to mentally numb the earlier blow the dragon dealt her which resulted in the slightest bit of hesitation in her dodges. Lusca continued to rain down beams of pressurized water on her, however, which she continued to manage to dodge with a hare's breadth-- Yet even she eventually would wear down, and one more beam managed to strike the Naga's side amidst a dodge, potentially fracturing a rib even through her armor-like scales. Shaashara audibly winced, tumbling backwards off of her balance; Lusca's eyes narrowed, and seeing the opportunity, she stopped in place to pool her orbs of water into one, massive beam that she was only moments away from firing-- when suddenly, she stopped; Her feral, enraged eyes snapping back to conflicted, yet relatively 'sane' ones. Shaashara hadn't just stumbled backwards; she'd stumbled directly over near the human's body, putting him in the direct path of her attack. Lusca frowned, she--

"There!"

A sharp pain erupted through dragonette's left wing as Shaashara, who'd naturally only been playing possum, gripped her spear and, as soon as she saw the hesitation in her opponent, flung it directly at her wing. The weapon flipped through the air like a spinning sawblade, as fast (if not faster) than the coin she'd tossed earlier; In the air, there was no possible way for Lusca to maneuver fast enough to avoid it, and as such it ripped straight through the dorsal meat of Lusca's wing, slicing her straight through and causing her to let out a cry of great pain as she fought to, and ultimately failed to stay airborne, before crashing to the cold ground beneath her-- darkened blood spilling from Lusca's wound and staining the gold and treasures she'd landed upon. Shaashara smiled with glee; Raising her hand to the air, she re-chanted the summoning spell of her spear, slithering towards the fallen dragon. "Sssssshaashara han sssjilaanha!" From it's fallen position beyond her and the dragon where it landed, Shaashara's spear dissipated into nothingness; Reappearing in her raised hand as she now loomed over the fallen sea dragon, who strained against the pain of her wound to get back up.

"Humans, beasts, dragons; All the same. Ruled by your baser instincts. So easy to hunt. So easy to prey upon." Without giving Lusca time enough to attempt standing, Shaashara plunged her spear's head down at the dragon's lower stomach, just above the waist. Lusca's eyes widened and she quickly brought her hands up to stop the blade from piercing her; She was successful, catching it an inch or so from her body, but the angle her hands were forced to catch it at made the hold awkward, and gave Shaashara plenty of leverage to play with as she pushed down even harder against the dragon's defense, closing the gap at an agonizingly slow rate and causing Lusca to cry out in strained pain as the naga's spearhead slowly but steadily pierced down into her abdomen, blood beginning to pool at her navel as the blade found purchase. Shaashara was thorough; Her serpentine tail had taken to intertwining itself with that of the dragon's, wrapping and coiling itself around her own tail and squeezing down on it to prevent Lusca from gathering any strength or attempting to run away with it. With a fierce thrust, Shaashara plunged deeper still into the dragon, who could only let out frustrated whimpers of agony knowing instinctively that if she let go of the serpent-woman's spear, she'd be dealt a wound she would never recover from. "So... very... weak!" She proudly proclaimed, putting further and further pressure onto the dragoness. She would return to her clan with another legend to her spear's name, this day!

LostSoul

Godfrey fell lack a sack of bricks, gasping for air, it hurt so bad to breath, he could only breath shallow like, his entire rib cage hurt. He began to crawl away, this was madness. Water bombs were going off everywhere as he slowly made his way to the candle stopping as he turned back, the dragon, the dragon that not only stole so much, but also saved his life was moments away from it...and here he was escaping like a coward. His hand moments away from the candle as he stopped, he looked back and forth, wheezing.

Was this what a hero was? Pathetically running away? Even though the dragon did kidnap him...she did save him from the naga, even though he may likely die if he tried to do anything...was this the right thing to do? Was it right to run? To let the dragon die so he may escape.

Such cold thoughts sent him pale, what was he doing? He came to be a hero, what shame this story would bring him, how could he live with himself. He struggled too his feet, pulling his sword and began to limp forward, feet dragging on the floor, it was too much work to pick them up right now, the room seemed to dance with every step, drool dripping from his mouth, it hurt too much to swallow, barely breathing as he was.

He kept moving, he was going to do something, he would not let her die this way, he would help her, then escape. He made a mistake, and he as going to fix it, he should of never saved the naga, and now someone was going to die because of it. He...He wasn't sure if he could live with that, only a couple steps further.

And with that, he readied his sword and lunged forward, attempted to stab her in the side, one last effort, one last chance to do something right. He may not find his larger then life princess, but he had to at least set this thing right, other wise, what else would he be?

He probably wouldn't be the most quite, but certainly a little quite, the only coming would be the sound of knocking coins or scrapping shoes on rock, much like someone trying to crawl away, maybe forward, then a sudden lunge forward to her side. It may not do much, but it could be something, something to help the dragon before she perished to an evil blade, as the saying goes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. At this time period, there was two enemies, and a hero always saved the girl...he didn't want to think about what not saving the girl would look like, ever, how could he, hero's didn't fail...right?

Bruises ran up and down him, marks from the naga's tail, like roads for which cars travel, ugly blots of yellow, purple, blue and black. He was like a walking corpse, but a valiant walking corpse that had just one last push, just one last step to give, just one last try before his naive mind broke in the reality that he would see his first intelligent creature die before him, knowing that he caused this, knowing that he would blame himself forever, knowing that he failed.

Hyacinthus

(Trigger warning: Death, Dismemberment)

Tink!

The unnatural sound of metal against 'metal' echoed out throughout the cave as Godfrey's sword came directly into contact with the naga's exposed side... only to bounce away little more than a scratch. Indeed, little of the serpentkin's body was unprotected-- the barest of her stomach, perhaps, being the least 'armored'. Yet even at this foolish slight, the naga didn't so much as flinch; She neither stopped to laugh or taunt the boy, nor did she so much as bother to dodge; In his weakened state of being, she was amused he was even able to stand. She merely continued to press downward into Lusca's lower abdomen, her spear penetrating further, the dragon's cries growing louder as it did.

"Hah. Did you think yourself to be a hero, just now?" She spoke, not bothering to so much as spare the human a glance as she began to twist the blade of her spear inside of her prey. "Perhaps you thought to save your 'friend', here... and prove your honor against me. An admirable delusion, given how you barely cling to your own life... But it is only a dream." She spoke, bitterness in her voice, before taking a sharp breath and, with a decisive thrust, forcing her spear with all of her might. "DIE!" Shaashara screamed, pushing beyond the waning strength of the dragon's grasp and plunging her spear straight through her body. Lusca's eyes widened, overcome with a fear and agony she'd never known, as draconic blood spilled forth from her mouth; the force of the blow sending a chain reaction of damage through her internal organs. Pinned to the floor of her own cave by the spear, the young dragon felt a cold numbness begin to spread through her body; the strength slowly, yet surely leaving her core, as her vision began to swim; an unnatural dizziness filling her body. Her breaths, labored prior from the stress of trying to hold the spear at bay, slowly began to calm... and weaken.

"...lp... H... help..." Tears welled up in the dragonette's eyes and spilled over down the sides of her face as she, perhaps instinctively, had finally fully acknowledged her circumstances. Blood drained from her lower abdomen and left wing; a sharp chill began to set in as she reached up at nothing in particular; Weakened, shaking hands slowly yet desperately trying to find someone-- something-- in the ever-blurring darkness that began to creep in on her. "...No...ra... K... Kai... I... I can't... so cold..." The naga smiled, quite proud of her handiwork as she pulled her spear free, a spurt of blood flowing from the hole that she'd made in the fallen dragon. A mere moment later, that self-same spear swung once more, ruthlessly severing the forearm of the dragon that'd reached up into the air. Blood spit forth from what was left of her arm; the remainder of the extremity rolling away from her body and towards the human's feet. Lusca barely felt it; So much of her strength, of her senses, had already bled away from her.

"...T-treasure... friend... please... safe..." She managed to speak, though her voice was barely a whisper. Shaashara couldn't help but grimmace at this pathetic display. "I see. You're both dreamers, then; Dreams of heroism, and dreams of companionship. Then allow me to give you both a parting gift, 'ere I leave this place. Allow me to show you... THIS IS REALITY!" She roared a combatant's roar, and with a final, decisive blow, the First-spear swung her spear's head down and, in one stroke, decapitated the dying dragonette; Her eyes, almost instantly, glazing over as the final lights on and throughout her head and body finally died out. Shaashara sighed, somewhat relieved that this hunt was easier than expected, before slithering a few feet forward to retrieve the severed head of the dragonette-- a trophy for the naga clan back home in the Draconi Forest. Her cold, dismissive eyes at long last took a moment to look over at the beaten and battered fool of a boy who thought himself a hero, before she began slithering away towards one of the tunnels that lead out into the waters of the ocean.

"This is reality. This is truth. You are no hero, no warrior; You are just a boy. Cry. Or steal some treasures, as your humans are wont to do, and run, with your tail between your legs. But I will not kill you. No... You will live, for the remainder of your days, in this nightmare I have created for you. That is your punishment, for looking down on the First-spear of the Sjilaanha." With that said, the naga cast a wordless spell upon herself; a small, yet impossible gale of wind surrounded her face for a moment's time, before dissipating... a spell of water breathing, perhaps? She offered no explanation, as she began to slither down into the tunnel below. A splash occurred, and then, silence; Once more, Godfrey was left alone. This time, however, there would be no one to return to him; No one to hold him there. As the darkened blood of the dragon pooled before and around him, even the flickering of the ghostly candle flames seemed silent.

The boy was free... and alone.

LostSoul

He laid there, unable to get up, only watch as the dragon was cruelly executed before him. Tears streaming down his face as he watched the dismemberment. He had failed, he was silent, almost catatonic as he watched. What had gone wrong? She was a small bastard of a dragon, but should could of become the largest, fattest, most successful dragon in the land...instead he killed her, he had ended a life from falsely trusting another, meaning, he didn't like the dragon, she did a lot to him...but she didn't deserve this.

He blinked, minutes passed like moments as he crawled on to the heavily mutilated corpse, and cried, he cried a long time, he wasn't sure how much time had passed, or if any time had. What if things played out differently? What if he was able to fight back? And many more what ifs were thought, his face tear stained before denial turned to acceptance, then into rage.

He slammed on too the corpse, a yell of anger and out rage, dreams? His life was not a dream, hero's made their realities a dream, HE, would make his reality a dream, how dare she butcher this, how dare she hurt him, how dare she commit such sins. He screamed until his voice was hoarse before resting his head to cry some more.

After a long time he lifted his head and cried out "Yalthnea, I swear too you and to this corpse, that I WILL be a hero, that I will be a noble, rule my own land and be so successful, that I'm called lord, that my wife or wives (man can dream right?) will rival even you in size or surpass ya will my lands be so vast! I swear that I'll bring this dragon back to life somehow a-and some way, and when I do, I'll do my best to make her the strongest, largest, fattest, most successful dragon...she deserves that...unless she reincarnates then uh, I'll do my best to find her and help her in the next life. This a swear upon dragon blood and stank air." he said before pounding the corpse, one day the naga will pay, where ever she may be.

He wiped his tears away, sniffling as he came to his feet, looking about, he went to grab the candle, he looked at it before going to walk away, dropping the books, this would be her tomb, and one day he would be back with something to make her whole...or find her in the next life to help her out. How dare that naga question him, question dreams, he would dream, and he would make them successful, or die trying, there would be dreams...he couldn't stand to live in a world where he couldn't dream.

he took the candle and plunged into the water after trying just about everything, thats when he noticed the bubble, which he put his head in, then began to swim. He would also make it back, even if it took him days.

It wouldn't affect him tonight, but he would dream, every night of his failure, every night of  what happened, every time there was an injustice, every time he didn't want to do anything that day, every time he thought he may give up, every, single time...maybe even for the rest of his days.

And so he swam, and swam, and swam away, still mourning the death of the little dragon who stole him away, dreaming harder then he dreamed before, just to spite the nightmare cast by a serpent who betrayed all he stood for and more.

Hyacinthus

Some time after Godfrey departed, the still air of the cave would be disrupted by a force-- unknown, foreign, yet all too familiar in both appearance and residual presence. A portal... a shadowy vortex of purple and black, which swallowed the entirety of an area near to the dragonette's mutilated corpse. From it's shadowy depths, a figure stepped forward. He was cloaked in a long, purple coat that obscured many of his physical features, but he appeared young; And from beneath the hood of his cloak, tufts of silver locks and caramel brown skin could be vaguely made out. Perhaps, however, what stood out most were the glowing, mystical red eyes which pierced the darkness of the cave even more effectively than the ghostly candles which donned it's walls.

The figure slowly, carefully, walked over to the dragon's corpse, before kneeling down for closer examination. "...A bit too late, I suppose. How tragic... But then again, I doubt the dreams I felt here were yours..." The figure spoke, a youthful, masculine voice echoing out into the silence of the cave. "Another... or two others? But only one with desires strong enough to summon me here... Ah, but it looks as though I missed my opportunity. Oh, well; There's always the next dream." With a sigh, he stood once more, and began to walk away from the corpse; A portal opening once more to envelop him in mysterious shadow.

"I wonder... what would someone with such fervent wishes be willing to give up to see them realized?"

And then, he was gone.

(Thread end)