Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Golden Frogs Speak No Lies (Visualspice)

Started by Kit, January 14, 2023, 03:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kit

Can anyone comprehend a greedy man's heart? Laris wasn't sure, and frankly, he had no interest in deciphering the mystery. However, being on the coastal side of Serendipity brought a vault of revelations. First: something sublime could also be horrid. The second didn't matter as much because Laris watched two pirates indulge in a verbal scuffle.

The dark silhouette of two men on the verge of a punch-out was enough to make the golden coastline seem bleak. And as the beaming sun rays showered down, Laris could smell the fume of sweat and rum ricocheting off the two. Nose twisting in a cautionary pinch, he smoothed out the creases in his pale gray robes. Always able to keep a level head, Laris couldn't help but feel...dreadfully annoyed at this encounter. Finally, a nuzzle from the sparrow on his shoulder freed the cleric from the gaze of the men. Instead, Laris's soft watch landed on the shadowy little creature roosting on his shoulder.

"Fear not, Liyo. I will find some information about this book. Fret not." He offered a gentle finger pat to the crown of the bird's head.

Liyo still didn't appear to be convinced. Defeatedly, the shadow sparrow puffed its chest out and released a disappointed sigh. Laris frowned at the gesture, realizing their efforts might have been in vain.

"Ge, get a look at em'. Boy over there talkin' to himself." The burlier man said to the scrawnier one. "Maybe he took it?"

Great, Laris thought. Now they've set their sights on me. Rolling up the sleeves of his robes, the cleric attempted to throw his most benevolent smile, but even the crystal blue sky seemed to sneer. Stepping toward the men, Laris adjusted the leather pouch at his side and kept the box secure. "I happened to be looking for someone. I fear I have not the foggiest idea of what you two could be referring to."

Another conversation erupted; this time, it was livelier than the other. The thick man with grizzle that stretched over his face, stopping at his ears, seemed to think someone had stolen his golden frog. Annoyance plastering over his features, Laris felt his bottom lip curve further to deepen the smile.

"Who could want a golden frog?" Laris said with a darkened gaze. "What could a golden frog possibly do? Except be gold. Greed is the first misconception of this world, gentleman," the last word coming out with extra venom.

"Maybe it was her?" The scrawnier one pointed a bony finger at a girl in the distance. "Let's go see."

visualspice

How long had it been since she'd been to the beach? Normally she loathed her family's outtings but this time, when her parents had mentioned they'd be traveling to Cerenis, she couldn't wait to join them. After all, it meant yet another library in which she could indulge, and another area where she could see the historical sights and learn the tales of the land.

Naturally, at her age, her family did not wish her to travel far on her own. But when did the young lady Perseretta ever listen? Phonecia was much too hard headed for that, and far too excited to explore to take her promise to her family seriously. So the first opportunity she had to sneak out on her own, she took it. They weren't even in Cerenis yet, but the lovely and almost equally large port city of Shale, held a lot of trading goods- and a few unique libraries and book stores.

It was a few hours ago she had gone off on her own, procuring a few new books to read, which were thick, heavy leather bound things, which the young woman had her nose buried within so she was completely oblivious to the world around her. After all, Shale had quite an interesting history, and Phone was here to digest it all.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao