Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Eckhart's wants and limits

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, November 02, 2016, 10:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I like intrigue, fun adventures, and slice of life stories. I'm a huge fan of continuity and overarching plots, so I try to build characters around them. Threads are just chapters in a bigger story for me.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Romance. I'm really not interested in pairing off any of my characters, although if you really think your character is perfect for one of mine I suppose you could PM me. (I will probably share this PM with all my friends so we can laugh at it. Just a heads up.)

What are your favorite character types to play?
Anything. Like, anything. Talking vultures, preteen drug dealers, a parasitic colony of insects controlling a human corpse, etc. I have one "normal" character, and he's literally so normal that he blends into the background and becomes invisible.

I do fill the somewhat rare niches of playing as children and animals, so if you were looking for somebody to do that then I'm probably your guy.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
Don't count on me to stick to plans. I've accidentally dismantled major plot arcs because my characters decided to misbehave.

How do you feel about group threads?
I need to mesh with everybody in the thread or else it won't work.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I have a full time job and a lot of other threads, so I can typically reply once every few days. I start to feel guilty if I make people wait more than a week.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Months.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I've never tried it, but it sounds a bit too fast-paced for me

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
I really don't have the time.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Depends. I usually average 2-3 paragraphs, though I'll make longer ones if the situation calls for it (like if I'm writing multiple characters at once, which I do pretty frequently). I avoid one liners except for a few plot specific instances (dramatic effect, gags, etc).

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Overarching plots and shorter threads are my bread and butter. Weird characters, fun magic powers, and interesting settings are all things I like as well.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Please, please give me something I can work with. If you don't add to the plot on your own and only have your characters react to what I write, I may silently drop out. Sorry, I just can't deal with that, it's annoying and I hate it.

Also, there's this thing that some people do where their character somehow ends up having multiple simultaneous conversations with mine? If you know what I'm talking about, don't do it.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
Unless you're going to do something character destroying I don't care if you do this. It's your prerogative. With that being said, PVP is not something I enjoy writing unless the winner is plotted out beforehand- otherwise it usually turns into the equivalent of kids on the playground yelling "I shot you! You're dead!" "Nuh-uh! The bullets reflected!"

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I'd need to know you incredibly well in order for me to write this with you. Short answer is no romance from me. Sorry if I killed your ship by saying this XD

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I'm cool with most violence and gore- god knows I've written some gross stuff in my time here.

I don't do ERP. It's not something I enjoy writing, and I can't be sure my threading partner isn't typing one-handed.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
This has always struck me as kind of a weird thing to have on this form tbh. I guess as long as the child doesn't belong to my character, we're good.

What about healing?
It's fine unless you wanted to heal a character who's defined by whatever ails them (you can't fix my mute character's vocal chords for example).

What about characters being transformed against their will?
No.

Anything else?
I have a legitimate fear of vampires. I know they aren't real, but the entire concept terrifies me. If you have a vampire character I ask that you keep the actual vampire stuff to a minimum while threading with me. Sorry if that's inconvenient or anything, I just can't deal with it.

Tags: