Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover (Open! PM to join!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, February 07, 2018, 11:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

It had been twelve years since he had first moved to Uthlyn, and yet Ludwig Von Musel still discovered books in the library he hadn't read before. The tome he was mulling over presently was an autobiography of an obscure Sergeant Major from over one hundred years ago. The book was chock full of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes- Sergeant Major Kalaritt didn't seem particularly well educated- but something in the book had caught Ludwig's eye.

In almost every history book that discussed him, the famous General Vincent Waxwing was said to have come up with two strategies for every battle and then flip a coin "to let Ansgar choose for me". This first hand account from the Sergeant Major told a much different story.

Quote from: Sergeant Major Kalaritt"After we laid out our first strategy, I looked at General Waxwing expectantly. When he asked why I was staring at him, I asked what the second plan would be, and offered him a coin from my pocket. He laughed, and confessed that he had made up the story of the coin flip as a laugh, and never expected anybody to believe it in the first place."

"Now, this is interesting." Ludwig muttered under his breath. "It was all a show? I must look into this further." Immediately Ludwig began to take notes in his journal.

"ACHOO!"

Ludwig flinched. The sneeze had come from the next isle over- Ludwig could see them from between the gaps in the books. "Some people have no manners." the man thought, closing his journal. "Well, I'll show you."

Peering into next isle, Ludwig get his teeth. "Hey!" hey hissed. "Keep it down! Believe it or not, some people are trying to read!"

Tags: