Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cirque du Fantasma, Traveling Carnival of Danger, Wonder, and Mysticism!

Started by DragonSong, September 22, 2018, 03:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Cirque du Fantasma

"Hello, hello, and welcome to the Cirque du Fantasma, a world within a world where you may escape from the hum-drum of your everyday life and into a fantasia of magic, romance, myth, and danger!"

The carnival barker's words are well-rehearsed, but compelling nevertheless. Or maybe it's not his pitch that draws in the crowds, but the subtle glint to his eyes that locks in on a person's deepest hopes and fears and both threatens and promises to make them reality...

Introduction

Hello fellow SoTE'rs!

So I've been playing around with this particular idea for a while and, kinda despite my better judgement, decided that now would be the perfect time to try to put it into action!

The Cirque du Fantasma is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin: a traveling carnival that makes its way around Le'raana, entertaining the masses and collecting coin. Though of course, nothing is really what it seems, especially in show business.

Founded and run by a charismatic demidemon, this particular circus prides itself on providing "an experience unlike any other". The Ringmaster himself takes almost any performer or general ragamuffin under his wing...though whether they want to stay there often remains to be seen.

So come on down! Enjoy the sights, the sounds, the atmosphere! Maybe you'll be enchanted by the firedancer, or grotesquely fascinated by the contortionist.

Or maybe you'll run away to join the circus yourself.

Table of Contents

1. General Overview
2. History
3. Practices
4. Secrets...But Not All of Them
5. Character List

DragonSong

General Overview

If you wanna be in the circus, just let me know! Send me your idea/character profile and I can add them in ^.^

The Cirque du Fantasma is a haven for those seeking adventure, mysticism...or are simply running away. Founded and run by a demidemon named Viserian Alamoch-- who typically goes by simply "the Ringmaster"-- no one is quite sure how long the carnival itself has existed, but at its core it has always been one thing.

Entertainment.

Vis will take in almost anyone who can prove they have a talent they want to share with the world-- and even some who don't, because a carnival always needs help with the more practical aspects of performance and travel.

While most everyone in the carnival seems to respect, admire, and even like Viserian, there is no real way to tell just how much of his ideals are genuine...though they seem to be.

Still, the Cirque du Fantasma is often a last resort. So where else are they going to go?

That said, the circus is a family, and the performers look out for one another. From the Big Top to the individual stalls and stands that dot the carnival grounds, every last member of Cirque du Fantasma will be there for their brothers and sisters, should the need arise.

Thread List

You don't 1000% need to log circus threads here, but I figured I'd try to keep track so there's a handy little anthology should anyone want to use it

So far, in no particular order:

New Arrivals, New Adventures

More Than A Name

DragonSong

DragonSong

Practices

The circus has a wide variety of talents and acts available for the viewing public. As they typically spend about a week in any given location, the carnival grounds are often dotted with stalls and small tents that some of the members set up around the Big Top, hawking wares or services to those coming to see the show.

Current Services Available

Fortune Telling:
Acadia Durast, (Characters TBD)

Communication Beyond the Veil: Mira Blighte, (Characters TBD)

Enchanted Items for Sale: (Characters TBD)

Tarot Readings: (Characters TBD)

Animal Handling/Training: Cheng-Li, Val Ken Wyndal, (Characters TBD)

Alchemy: (Characters TBD)

Talents to be Viewed in the Main Show

Trapeze: Adelaide, Laylan, (Characters TBD)

Tightrope: (Characters TBD)

Fire and Sword Dancing: Nepaket, Snake (if "swallowing" counts as "dancing"), (Characters TBD)

Contortionists: Snake, (Characters TBD)

Spellsinging: Elea, (Characters TBD)

Musicians: Elea and Myst, (Characters TBD)

Hypnosis: Myst, Moryandal,(Characters TBD)

Animal Tamers: (Characters TBD)

Metamorphosists: Never, (Characters TBD)

Clowns: (Characters TBD)

DragonSong

Secrets

This particular section of the carnival is for members' eyes only *wink wink*

As more people join and more secrets are collected, I will ask if anyone would like to share tidbits on this section of the board.

Adelaide Alamoch
Spoiler
Not many people even within the carnival are aware that she has the Sight, and the mask she wears while performing is enchanted to block her gift so she doesn't get distracted and injure herself.
[close]

Ifamira Blighte
Spoiler
Her heterochromia is not a naturally occurring phenomenon, though she claims it is.
[close]

DragonSong

Character List

Ringmaster: Viserian Alamoch (DragonSong)

Trapeze Artist(s)
1. Adelaide Alamoch (DragonSong)
2. Laylan (Lulu)

Mediums/Fortune Tellers
1. Mira Blighte (DragonSong)
2. Acadia Durast (Hope)

Contortionists, Tumblers, and Others who Defy Physcicality
1. Snake (DragonSong)
2. Nepaket (Yeti)
3. Never (DragonSong)

Music and Dance
1. Elea and Myst (DragonSong)