Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Slay A Giant... [Wycliff]

Started by TheHopeseeker, January 31, 2017, 12:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wycliff

Aven breathes a sigh of relief in his mind, thanking his luck Cade didn't press the matter. He tapped his fingers rhythmically on the ground beside him, a relaxed expression covering his features. "Well, then, may I turn to the page where your little friend enters the story? That's certainly no ordinary companion you've got there." He snaps his fingers, and the darkness behind him morphs into a cushion, which he promptly rests an elbow on, allowing his head to loll onto his fist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camrie

The Fallen Prince chuckled, patting the Phouka between his ears.
"Ah, one of my favorite stories."
He said in devilish delight. Mythranys, sensing humiliation, snarled and rolled over to claw savagely at Cade's calloused hand. The Eloquir just grinned, seemingly used to the ruthless fae's attacks.
"Dontcha dare!"
Myth hissed, sounding irate. Cade just imprisoned him in his arms, one hand bleeding from the razored claw marks on its back. He laughed, diving into the tale with amusement.
"There I was," he began dramatically, to annoy the struggling Phouka, "just wandering through Serendipity. I wanted to travel to the Colony Valley- dragons have always fascinated me. But I felt this odd pull, and I decided to follow it. I figured, 'what the hell?' So, it took me nearly half an hour, but I ventured into this little clearing, where, lo and behold, I come upon the strangest sight Olin all my years."
He lifted a hand to illustrate the scene, eyes alight with mirth.
"Hanging by his tail in a trap is this little bugger, surrounded by a tribe of Spriggans." he showed their small size with his thumb and forefinger as Myth yowled in protest. " They're all smacking him with these sticks, and he's getting poked in the eyes, flailing around like a fish on a hook. Theyd rigged up this little sapling, and he's dangling from it. I have never seen a more comical situation in my whole life. I charge in, kicking the little bastards away in five seconds. Don't know what they planned on doing with him, but I saved him from something."
He snickered as the fae in question growled, biting at his constricting arms in shame at being caught by the pint sized oppressors. Cade smirked at Aven, shrugging his shoulders.
"I'm sure now that it was my connection to the shadows that led me to the surly little crank, but he's my closest friend."

Wycliff

Aven gives a hearty bought of laughter as he plays the scene through his head. "Not what I expected, to be sure! It must be nice having a loyal companion such as that, I confess that I'm jealous. The world becomes quite lonely after so long a time alone, though by your eyes, I can tel you're no stranger to the concept." He leans on his side. "So, do you have a trade, then? Or do you live off the land?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHopeseeker

The evening marched on as the two shadow weilders conversed, the dawn's warmth stretching out to caress the chilled lands. Above the campsite, the forest burst into life, nature filling the void of silence. Ignis woke with a start, wrenched from troubled slumer by a mkrage long forgotten. Sighing, the young Mordecai sat up, rubbing his arm absently as he looked around the clearing for his "companions".

Camrie

Cade smiled his fanged smile, crookedly grinning as he let the Phouka free. The fae hissed and disappeared in a puff of shadowsmoke, reforming yards away, beginning to straighten his unseeable fur like a moody cat. The Prince just chuckled, looking to Aven as he spoke, asking curious questions. His shifting eyes were bright and intent, realaxed in their conversation.
"The world has left me to live on my own more than once, it's true. There are times when I..."
Cade trailed off, looking into the night with a storm brewing on his face. A hurricane of sadness, pain. But he blinked, and it was gone, the smile returning.
"Ah, but that is life, is it not? You come into it alone, and you go out of it alone."
His attempt at lightening the mood was half hearted, but luckily the shadow mage still had questions.
"I mostly dabble in mercenary work when I have the time or the inclination, but the land does offer me what I need in the meantime. I am constantly thankful for my abilities, for when I am desperately hungry..." His hand morphed into a huge black paw, then into a bird's taloned foot, then back into a normal hand as he flashed his fangs for him to see. "...I can throw the game a little." He finished.

Dawn was breaking ever so slowly over their heads, and the Eloquir lifted his head to watch the lights and colors dance on the horizon, enthralled by the simplistic beauty of the natural occurence. He glanced at the others to comment, but saw that the lightbringer was coming into wakefulness. He smiled, somewhat wolfishly in a teasing way, but his eyes were sincere as they usually were.
"Hail, sir Ignis. I trust your sleep was refreshing?"

TheHopeseeker

His eyes narrowed at the sight of the Eloquir, distrust and wariness coming to the forefront of his expression as he stiffened, body tense and coiled for action in a matter of seconds, "You're still here, huh?" He muttered, hostility in his tone, "Joining the 'cause' then, are you?"

Pushing himself to his feet, the Mordecai stretched out his right arm, wincing slightly as the muscles of his flesh shoulder ached dully, the pain an old friend to him at this point. Glancing around the clearing, Ignis huffed slightly at the dead embers of last night's fire, bending down to retrieve Harbinger from where it had laid all night, while casting his gaze abiut for Aven.