Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Runs Away From the Circus(Lazy Rocktime)

Started by JackieCat, July 01, 2015, 11:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

This place, this place.  It was strange, very strange.  And the Feari was lost, very lost.  It had been in Essyrn, a place very, very far away, and it had been captured.  For something the people who had captured it called a 'circus'.  For months the Feari had sat in a cage.  Doing nothing, not being able to do anything.  Until that one day the man had forgotten to re-lock the cage after feeding.

It had then been easy for the Feari to escape, but escape into where?  A place that looked very different from where the Feari was from.  There was no sand, but green, leafy stuff all over the place.  The Feari had wandered aimlessly, avoiding towns, where it knew it would be shunned, as Feari were almost always evil creatures.  But this Feari was different, it did not have the same cruelty as it's kin.  It still craved blood, but it didn't kill unnecessarily, not like the others.

The Feari was slinking through the countryside, and it felt very exposed out in the open, so when it saw the small house, it rushed to it, wanting desperately to find a place to hide.

It hid under the house, and looked out of a crack in the siding so it could see outside.  It saw nothing for a long while, until three hours after it had hidden, it saw a pair of feet walk by.  Woman's feet, but the looks of it.  The Feari also smelled food, and it couldn't help but hiss hungrily, but it stopped immediately as it saw the walking feet stop.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Lazy Rocktime

Focus...Focus...CRACK!

Krystal cursed silently as she tried and failed to imbue a rusted locket with an advanced vitality enchantment, the trinket splitting into two halves glowing a mystic red. So far, she had broken three dozen trinkets trying to get the perfect result, but for some reason she couldn't get it to work. She followed the given instructions in her book of enchantments to the letter and yet, all she accomplished was creating broken pieces of glowing metal.

"Maybe I'm just too frustrated..." she muttered to herself in an indeed frustrated tone. With an exasperated sigh, she got up and made her way down to the kitchen, to get some food. The red-haired girl's frustrations were usually quelled with ease by a good snack. Entering the kitchen area, she made her way to the storing cabinets and had a look at her choices. There were still some leftover roast beef from this afternoon's meal. Amazingly, it still retained that unique smell of cooked meat. Deciding that it was perfect for her current condition, she eagerly sliced off a piece with a nearby knife......and her whole body froze when she heard a sudden hiss coming from nowhere. Her fear-stricken body slowly turned and hesitantly called out to whatever was stalking her.

"H-Hello...?

JackieCat

It had been detected, but the food smelled so good.  The Feari decided to reveal itself after some thought.  There was a loose board in the floor, and the Feari pulled it back without breaking it and climbed from under the house and into the kitchen, it was about ten feet away from the young woman who stood there.

It must have been fearsome sight, the Feari.  Though it was small, its skin was pitch black, and as it crouched on all fours its long spined tail waved around itself.  Its eyes were black and pupil-less, but its mouth was the scariest part.  Its head was round, and its mouth was so wide it nearly went from ear-to-ear, and the mouth lined with small but deadly razor-sharp teeth.  A long black tongue flicked in and out, tasting the air.

It cocked its head at the young woman, hissing softly. 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Lazy Rocktime

Well, this was certainly an interesting turn of events.

What had begun as a search for a midnight meal had turned into a close encounter with a...creepy humanoid creature. The thing's entire appearance was nothing but macabre. Any normal person would be instantly put off by it, but Krystal didn't feel this way. The girl could see something more in its eyes. Well, something more than starvation. 'The poor thing might just be looking for food like I was,' she thought naively. Regardless, she took the roast beef in her hand and motioned it towards the hungering creature.

"H-Hello there, little guy..." she stammered out, trying not to sound too scared. "You're hungry, aren't you? Here, h-have some meat." She waved the piece of food around for good measure.

JackieCat

The Feari hissed quietly as the young woman took the peace of meat and held it out.  The Feari stepped closer, very, very, slowly, and then leaped forwards.  It snatched the meat from the woman's hand and then leaped away again, landing back in its origanal spot.  It crouched over the meat and quickly devoured it.

When it was finished it looked up at the woman. "Who are yousssss?" it hissed, its large black eyes staring up at her.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Lazy Rocktime

So the thing could speak her tongue. That was interesting, to say the least. She wondered if it was some sort of mutated or corrupted person. Someone who retained conscience, but with a corrupted body. But no human she knew ate like that, no matter how hungry they were. No matter. She'd just have to hit the bestiaries later.

"Uhh...You can call m-me...Krystal," she answered it, managing a friendly smile.

JackieCat

"Krysssstal?" the thing hissed. "What isss Kyrissstal?"  It cocked it's head at her, its eyes wide.  Though the rest of its body was completely still, its long tail was still waving around it, never stilling for even a moment. Its tongue snaked out of it's mouth and tasted the air again before slipping back through its sharp teeth and into its wide mouth.

The Feari attempted to copy Krystal's smile, but the result was a fairly terrifying razor-sharp-fang-filled baring of teeth.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Lazy Rocktime

The more Krystal just stood there, in a completely vulnerable position, with a completely dangerous looking creature, the more she just wanted to run. As much as she wanted to, it was hard not to look intimidated. Its macabre slasher smile wasn't helping, too. Drops of cold sweat were visible on her face and her whole form shuddered noticeably. Despite this, she tried her best to at least look civil. Maybe this was its first time seeing a human. If so, she'd better make a good impression.
"Krystal is m-my name...I won't h-hurt you..." she weakly assured it, almost whispering. "Do you have...have a name? 

JackieCat

"Namesss?" the Feari hissed, then it nodded. "I have heard of them, but Iss do not have a namesss."
The creature stepped forwards towards Krystal. "You are not going to hurt me?  Thank yousss."

It walked closter to her, until it was only a few feet away, and it craned its neck to look up at her. "Do youss live heresss?  I don't live anywheressss."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Lazy Rocktime

It was quite the struggle forcing down the urge to shoo the thing away, what with it getting closer and closer to the edge of comfort. Krystal could barely stand up straight by this point.

"Y-Y-Yes...I live here. W-Where did you come from...?"

JackieCat

The creature sat back on its haunches. "You livesss heresss?" it hissed, looking around. "I come from Essssyrn.  I wasss captured by a cssircusss and taken from my home.  I essscaped after a long while and now I am here."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor