Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Wonderful Blasted Day! (Blaze Enderman)

Started by JackieCat, August 03, 2015, 08:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

The dwarf grumbled away as he hammered on his anvil.  The dwarf was complaining to himself about all the 'blasted people' who don't know about good metalworking.  They just didn't understand good craftsmanship!

Dergan was having a wonderful day.  Grumbling and complaining was what he nearly always did, and he was thoroughly enjoying himself as he hammered away.  His shop was set up so that there was a large  window looking out to the street.  There was no glass, but potential buyers could walk up to his shop, and look at his wares without even coming inside.  It was a stall built right into the building.

It was a sunny, warm day, but there was a cool breeze drifting in and cooling the dwarf as he hammered away in front of his hot forge.  he dipped the metal, that soon would be a beautiful sword, into a bucket of water and continued to grumble as it cooled, sizzling as hissing int he water.

He pulled it out and set it aside.  He was about to take the next piece when a costumer came up to the stand.  Dergan went over to her and sold her the pots she had been waiting for.

Then he went back to his forge and got back to work.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Blaze Enderman

A flash briefly lit up a dark alley, and Blaze walked out, his face hidden deep in his cowl, and his sword slung over his back. The blacksmith, Dergan Metalstone, was directly across from him. Dwarves are known for their fantastic metalwork and, from what Blaze could see, Dergan was no exception. Beautiful one-hand swords, great-axes, maces and cleavers lined his open stall. To the Untrained eye, the weapons appeared to be just tools, but Blaze knew better. Each blade had the craftsman's heart and soul poured into it. The perfectly symmetrical blades and hand-guards, the barely noticeable line where the metal from the spine and edge met, and the sheer detail on the guards and hilts all showed the incredible skill this dwarf had.

Blaze had come here in hopes to gain some insight on his own skills, and to improve his ability. He crossed the street and entered the shop as quietly as he could so not to interrupt Dergan's work. The rhythmic pounding wasn't even off by a millisecond, as far as Blaze could tell. When Dergan had reached a point where it would be safe to interrupt, Blaze called out a greeting: "Hello!"

JackieCat

Dergan looked up from his craft to see the man who had entered his shop well, the dwarf wasn't sure if he was a human, those hands said otherwise.

"Goodday!" he called out, setting down his work and walking over to the stranger, wiping his hands off on his leather apron. "What can I help ye with?  I've got nearly everything a blacksmith could make, and more!  Weapons,kitchen utensils, wagon rims, farm tools, including horseshoes, and, outside the blacksmithing, a few pieces of jewelry."

Just from how he looked, Dergan doubted he wanted kitchen utensils or farm equipment, but the dwarf wasn't going to judge completely until he knew this fellow, or at least knew him a little better than he did now.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Blaze Enderman

"My name is Blaze Enderman, and I am a Black smith like you," Blaze said in response to Dergan's question, " I was hoping that you may be able to provide me with some advice on how to improve my skills. Your works are some of the finest I've seen."

Blaze Drew his sword and hand it in the flats of his hands, the orange glow extinguishing. It was a weapon that Blaze had forged several times, each time increasing it's power. When it wasn't in its molten state, it was an  one-edged blade that was made of black metal, and strange runes down the spine. The guard was simple, and made of a more grey-ish material. The hilt was wrapped in silver wire, and the hilt was a round knob of the same material as the guard, with a topaz embedded in it.

"I made this long ago, and with improving armor and weapons, I need to make sure my blade is still the highest quality. It's name is Blazing Blade," Blaze said, offering it to the dwarf.

JackieCat

Dergan's eyes widened when the man handed him the blade.  He took it and looked down its length.

"This is a beautiful blade!" he exclaimed. "If ye made this yerself, then there's not much I can teach ye!" The dwarf held the sword horizontally.  "The tang is a tad heavy, but even I make that mistake sometimes.  Where did ye learn to make weapons like this?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor