Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

o/` Pour some sugar on meeee~! o/` [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, December 14, 2015, 07:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

BOOOOOM!

The thundering sound echoed down the street, drowning on the shriek that followed it and the crash and crunch of splintering timbers. It came from one of the shops on one of the busiest streets in Mapleton, a quaint but bustling village in Moonspear, where Ife Avita lived. In fact, it was her family's bakery that was currently smoking--

Except, thank the gods above, it wasn't actual smoke that was wafting into the air.

It was just flour.

Flour and sugar.

The magical blast, however, had broken down the door and sent Ife flying, and as she lay stretched out on her back in the street, covered head to foot in flour and sugar and egg and yeast and chocolate and stunned from the impact, she thanked the gods above that her parents were out of town for the week.

Because they would have baked her alive if they saw what she'd (accidentally, she swore!) done to their bakery.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Ethereal-Star

Further on down the street, brown boots treading the ground beneath her with a sort of cheerful flair, Candace walked along the streets, looking at everything and everyone she passed with a smile on her face. Taking a break from her guild duties, as a girl needs to have some fun every so often, or as much as possible as she is constantly telling Rhianne, who is also a member of the guild she is a part of. And so what if she was gonna be a liiiittle late for the latest guild meeting scheduled for today? The vampire slayer was fully intent at stopping at the local bakery as its been ages since she last bit into one of those cream-filled croissants topped with a lemon frosting on them, and by Fyarion she would do whatever it took to grab herself one of them babies, even if she had to slay every vampire from here to the Moraki Desert to get one.

Hopping over a puddle in the middle of the street, Candace was almost near her destination when the aroma of baked goods, namely flour galore, hit her nostrils. Curious, she walked that much faster, when someone bumped into her, jostling her shoulder in the process. "Watch where you're going, you big lug-head!" she called out, delivering a swift kick to the man's behind. "I'm on a mission here!"

The man turned around angrily, shaking a fist at her but did not dare hit a woman as that was a major no-no in his book. Even if said woman hardly acted like a proper lady should. Turning around, he tried to ignore the snickers coming from some of the other people on the street and hurried his pace, a scowl on his stubbly features. "Yeah, you just keep on walking, dude! Head back to your mama!" Candace called out, before she resumed her purposeful walk.

Stopping short when she came upon the scene of 'devastation'. And promptly burst out laughing, bending over in the process as the sight was too hilarious not to. Others on the street stopped and stared, trying to see what all the ruckus was about. An older lady whose wrinkles had wrinkles just shook her head at the scene and walked on, muttering something under her breath that went unheard by the woman with the silver nose ring.

Rhindeer

Ife would have been happy to just lay there for the next five years, because after the shock wore off, she felt like...like...

Well, like she'd been thrown backwards with enough force to break down a door.

Her muscles ached, especially her back and neck. But worse than the ache was, perhaps, the laughter and snickers she heard growing around her, and as the cloud of flour cleared, shapes swam into view.

...There was quite the crowd around her.

And rudely enough, not a one of them had asked if she was even okay!

Ife scowled, huffed, and crawled slowly to her feet, her body stiff and protesting each movement, and every time she moved, a cloud of dust rose. Still she stood, dusted some of the flour off her front (but really only succeeded in smearing around the chocolate and egg all the more) turned to face her audience.

"I'm fine, everyone!" she announced. "I know you were all very concerned about my well-being, having gotten blasted through a door and all, so I am thrilled to report that aside from my aching head, I'm in one piece! No broken bones, no concussion--I think!--and I'm not bleeding far as I can tell, so that's good! I know you all must have rushed over here to help me and check upon my well-being and not just gawk and laugh and be utterly useless, so if you helpful and concerned bystanders would be so kind as to help me get my door back on the hinges, it would be much appreciated!"

And as she spoke, some of the egg that had landed in her curly hair proceeded to drip down onto her cheek.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Ethereal-Star

Finally Candace calmed down, sobering enough when the aqua-haired woman covered in flour and egg began yelling at all the bystanders--her included. Walking over to the miffed woman, the spunky slayer then apologized. "I'm sorry, don't know what came over me there. Here! Let me help you with that door!"

And without waiting for a response, she proceeded to pick up the fallen door, propping it against the doorway without much trouble. She was a vampire hunter after all, and shooting a bow required a certain amount of strength!

"There! All picked up now!" Candace exclaimed, beaming a huge grin.

"Show off." someone in the crowd muttered, and the pink-haired woman scowled at her. "Hey, I don't see you helping!" To which the older woman simply scoffed at, adjusting her spectacles back on her overly large nose.

"That's what I thought." she sniped back underneath her breath, then turned back to the baker, noting with amusement the egg dripping down her face. "The name's Candace." Blue eyes twinkling in mirth, as she tried not to burst out laughing again.