Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Darkness Rising [Morrighan]

Started by Nightmare, October 22, 2015, 05:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightmare

Ah, so there's something. Rhea though when the woman mentioned her vampirism. She could tell there was something different about this woman but couldn't quite pinpoint it up until now. "It's getting late for tonight. Shall we pick up where we left off tomorrow?"

Wild

Flavia nodded and stood up from her chair when Rhea asked if they should pick up where they left off tomorrow.

"Of course," she smiled. "It's getting late, and you must be tired after your journey. I will leave you to rest for now, and we may talk again tomorrow. I wish you a good night..."

She offered Rhea a friendly smile and moved towards the door.

Nightmare

Returning Flavia's smile, Rhea added, "Come get me tomorrow when you are ready. Don't worry about waking me up, I won't mind."

As Flavia began walking towards the door, Rhea began to undress and get ready for bed. When she was done, she took a seat on the edge of the bed for a moment before laying back.

Wild

Flavia smiled when Rhea told her to come get her tomorrow when she was ready. "I will see you tomorrow," she smiled. "I have to tell you though, that I tend to avoid the morning sun, so it may be around noon when I get up..."

After wishing her guest a pleasant night, Flavia left the room and went to her own room. She made certain that the curtains would not let in any sunlight in her room the next morning, and she also closed the curtains around her bed before she fell asleep.

Nightmare

It wasn't long before Rhea fell asleep. After many days of traveling and not much rest, it was relieving to finally have the chance to get some rest.

She woke late in the morning when the sun was already high in the sky. Though she wasn't sure exactly what time it was, she assumed it was close to noon. After getting dressed and preparing for the day she waited patiently for Flavia to be ready for her, staring out the window lost in thought.

Wild

Flavia had slept until noon this morning, tired after a long and exciting night. After doing her usual morning routine with bath, dressing and breakfast, she finally made her way to the guest house where she knew that Rhea was waiting for her.

Using her parasol as protection to the sunlight, she knocked on the door to the guest house before entering the room.

"Good morning," she greeted. "I hope you have slept well tonight. Are you hungry? I can arrange some breakfast for you if you want some..."

Nightmare

Rhea looked over to the door when she heard Flavia knock and smiled at her when she entered the room. "I slept fine. I should be fine without food, for now."

She had taken a seat on the edge of the bed not too long ago but decided to stand now. "If it's not asking too much, I would appreciate a tour of your home."

Wild

Flavia smiled when she heard Rhea had slept well and that she did not need food at the moment. "I am glad you slept well," she smiled. "As for the food, please let me know when you feel hungry, and I can find something to your liking..."

She smiled and nodded when Rhea asked for a tour of her home. "Why of course," she smiled. "Follow me please..."

Leading the way out of the guest house, she walked towards the Bathory-Syron Mansion. It was a great beautiful building, surrounded by a magnificent garden with flowers and trees of all kinds and a pond of water with fishes and water lilies.  On the front lawn there was a playground, indicating that the builders of this manor had planned for children to play here one day.

Nightmare

Rhea followed Flavia towards the house, taking in the garden around them. She wasn't used to being surrounded by so much life. "I assume this is your husband's estate? Or did you grow up here?"

Wild

Flavia smiled and shook her head when Rhea asked if this was her husband's estate. "Well, I guess it is now that he has married me," she said. "But this estate belongs to my family, and it was a wedding gift for me and my husband when we married. There is a catch though - if my husband divorces me, this estate will be returned to my family, along with the yearly pension of 30 000 gold."

She smiled when Rhea asked if she grew up here. "I suppose I can say I did," she said. "Being noble I have traveled around between all the estates belonging to my family. We never stayed long in one place. Even so, I did take time to get to know the property surrounding the estate as well, every little secret and hiding place."

Nightmare

"I see." Rhea said with a nod. "I never stayed in one place much either, though I stayed in the woods and caves rather than estates like this one."

Wild

Flavia shook her head. "Neither could I," she replied. "I tend to get bored easily, stuck with the same people day in and day out. I need to see new faces around me now and then. That goes especially when I see people I do not have anything in common with."

Her eyes filled with compassion when Rhea spoke of staying in woods and caves. "Oh dear, you really withdrew from the world, didn't you?" she asked. "Come, let me show you the house..."

She moved towards the main house, opening the doors. The hall was a large and impressive room, with a double staircase leading to the upper floors. There were exquisite paintings on the wall, clearly painted by great artists. There were several doors, leading to other rooms on the first floor, like the kitchen, the living room, the dining room and the rooms where the servants slept and worked.