Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In A Thieving Pickle(Ruby Red)

Started by JackieCat, March 20, 2016, 03:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Faelis Gindien was basically in the middle of nowhere.

Sure, he knew where he was, and he liked the dense forests of Ravensway, but he was on a mission, and he was in somewhat of a pickle.

He was on his way to Arca, and was after something very valuable.  He was going to steal an expensive artifact from an even weather lord.  The artifact was a goblet, made out of of pure obsidian, and studded with sapphires.  It was the dream if many thieves to steal it, and Faelis was no exception.  It was such a beautiful piece, and the elf thief needed to steal it.

It wasn't that the elf was poor, on the contrary, he was quite well off, but the lure of stealing was what made him do it.  The thrill of outwitting some snobbish lord, the excitement of sneaking where he shouldn't be, the feel of victory when he completed a heist.

Faelis didn't really even care about the item he got, and he only kept the actual coins that he stole, and sometimes a small trinket that he really liked.  Mostly he just gave away what he stole, though with something recognizable like the goblet, he would probably sell it to some other thief, for if he gave it to a random person, if they were found with it, they could be framed, and while Faelis was a thief, he didn't want to harm anyone, hence the reason he did not steal from the poor.

It was a very dangerous job, but that's what Faelis liked about it.  If it was easy, it would be boring, and where's the fun in that?

He was thinking about the goblet as he walked through the dappled sunlight under the trees.  He was looking forward to this, but the only problem was, he needed another person to help him.

Sure, he could just hire a person in Arca, any he'd be happy to split the profit with the other person, but there was always that large possibility that the thief you hire is not as nice as you are, and they'll stab you in the back the first chance they get after the goblet's stolen.

Faelis had had some bad experiences with that.  He had managed to avoid being stabbed the first time, and from the second, he still had a scar on his shoulder.  It would have been through his heart if he hadn't dodged away.

So he needed someone he knows he can trust. . . But where would he find such a trustworthy person who would help him steal. . ?
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ruby Red

~~~Artful backstabbing and betrayal, hallmarks of reality, rooted cynicism deep in some. It weathered the sharpest of minds, the greatest of men and women, to drown within a sea of lies and broken promises from others, and from themselves. Darkness propelled itself through the land, a sickness of self-sustained distrust and ignorance. The new plague was of nihilism. The world was such a shadowed realm to call home.

However - even the smallest sparks might be enough the ignite some semblance of change. Many had tried, many had failed, but truly, failure was only a temporary condition. Eventually, there might be something to stand beside with the banner of truth held high. This is where the unexpected might bloom, but where were the seeds?

Legends.

Stories passed through time, taught onward through the generations for the lessons learned and motivation given. Sometimes, these tales give rise to further adventures to speak of, sometimes of heroes and villains, and sometimes, they give rise to those wishing for dreams to come true.

Sometimes, these seeds grew a beautiful Rose.

---

~~~Thoughts of home were on her mind, thoughts of her mother and father. No matter how many times she ran it through her mind, even when both of her parents supported her voyage, Rose Ebonheart always felt regretful in saying goodbye. That was what took her attention from the creaking woodland around her.

Rose's crimson cloak flutters in the breeze around her small figure as she strides through the same lonely path as the thief. Each step was light and quiet, well under the sounds produced by the ambient rustling of leaves and the chattered gossiping of birds. She had her hood raised over herself, cloak latched closed, giving the ironic appearance of someone who might be attempting to remain undetected in the most octane color possible for the scene. Truthfully, she just loved the color red - It was a red flower she shared her name with, after all - and had an adoration for the cloak.

Rose's pale face was full of contemplation, lost in wondering if it was the right choice, as she neared ever so closer to him. Silver eyes locked on the ground in front of her, she couldn't be more oblivious to Faelis.

Rose couldn't be more oblivious to the master thief she was carelessly approaching.

JackieCat

Faelis was still thinking about how he would obtain a partner for his venture an hour later when heard the girl's footsteps behind him as he walked down the narrow path.  He looked over his shoulder to see the small figure approaching from behind.  She didn't look very intimidating, but if there was one thing Faelis had learned from his years as a thief was that looks can definitely be deceiving.

He couldn't see her face, but assumed it was a young girl from how she walked and the weight of her footsteps on the soft ground.

She didn't seem to notice him, and Faelis slowed his steps so she would catch up with him.  He didn't speak until she was nearly to him, and though he may have appeared relaxed, every muscle was ready fight, and a knife could be in his hand in a fraction of a second.

"Good morning," he said, hoping he wouldn't startle her.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ruby Red

Rose gives a mild squeak of surprise, halts mid-step, and looks as if she might jump backwards as well. Surprising her was exactly what he had accomplished. She was, after all, not only oblivious to his presence, but also unprepared for how to act. The courage she had built quickly faded behind a creeping shyness.

Rose, however, snaps out of her frozen step a moment later. With a much more timid stride, she continues behind him once she realizes he didn't stop. Leading the events during the conversation was something she didn't yet have the confidence for.

"Come on Rose, play it cool...", her thoughts flashed, "...just play it cool..."

Rose maintains a position behind him at roughly the same distance that she paused from. "Erm... Hel.... Hi....? I didn't think anyone else would be out here..." Rose responds, her soft voice full of nervousness, the second-guessed 'Hello' evidencing just how afraid of saying the wrong words she was. Rose kicks herself internally for making such a terrible first impression, upon listening to herself definitely not play it cool.

JackieCat

Faelis held back a chuckle at the girl's reaction, but he didn't need to scare her any more.

"Hello," he greeted again. "It's a nice day, isn't it?"

He would start out with the weather.  Always an easy topic, the girl shouldn't be to shy to comment, would she?  Well, better than asking about something more personal, like her name or where she was headed.  Make her more comfortable first.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"Yes, it is a pretty day..." Rose trails off without continuing the train of thought. She was clueless on how to hold a conversation.

Immediately, however, she remembers one of the parting words she had with her parents. Making fast friends was something that she was not only told she needed to do, but something Rose craved. In fact, it was one of the main reasons she wanted to travel - friends. Here was the very first person she had truly found a chance to talk to, here was her chance to try. Rose couldn't afford to curl in upon silence.

So, instead of staying her feet and her tongue, Rose trots up to a place beside Faelis as he walks. She matches his speed and sticks with him for a moment before breaking the silence, "Soooooo... I'm Rose-" she holds a gloved hand out to him, a very small, delicate, hand. Her father always said to start with a handshake... Or maybe it was a milkshake... Rose was pretty sure it was the former...

JackieCat

Faelis smiled as the girl walked up next to him,then held out her hand and introduced herself.

Faelis took her hand and shook. "Faelis," he said.  This girl seemed very naïve, and though Faelis was still wary of her, he was a pretty good judge of character, and from what his gut was telling him, she was what she appeared to be.

"I'm headed to Arca," he said.  "What's your destination?"

He hoped she would answer, because a thought had just come to Faelis's mind, despite his attempts to disregard it.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"...this way... I guess..." Rose rubs her elbow awkwardly and after a moment looks back down to the ground. She quickly realizes how rude she must sound, and looks back up quickly. "-I mean, I'm kinda just walking to where everyone is supposed to be." Another thought crosses her mind. "Is Arca a town or something...?"

JackieCat

Wow, she really knew nothing of the world.

"Arca is a very big town," he said.  "Actually, it's a rather large city, the capital of Serendipity."  Did she even know she was in Serendipity?  If the girl really knew as little as it seemed like she did, she could be quite helpful.

"Why are you travelling?" The elf asked.  Best learn as much as he could about the girl before saying anything about his plan, he didn't want to say he was a thief, ask for her help,and then find out she's all full of morals and completely against stealing.  That would lose him an opportunity about as fast as it had appeared.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"Ohhhhhhh..." Rose pauses for several moments, filing the new information within things that might be important. It certainly sounded important to her.

"...Well, I'm going to see what's out there, and see how I might be able to help..." She grins, and gives a small 'Hmff' under her breath. Rose subtly kicks a small stone further along the path. "Must seem pretty weird, but that's kinda it."

JackieCat

"It doesn't sound strange at all," Faelis smiled. " There are many people whose whole goal in life is to rid the world of evil."

So she was a do-gooder, or at least she wanted to be one.  She probably wouldn't want to help a their steal anything.    Well then, a bit of trickery was in order.

"In fact, I'm on a mission right now," the thief said,giving away no more information, so her interest would be piqued.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

The bait was perfect. Rose's eyes widen, she turns to face him completely, and looks as if she just might burst of sudden excitement. Instantly, he had her full attention.

"You're like, a huntsman or something??!!?? Can I have your autograph??!!" She starts, starstruck, before quickly composing herself and settling down, though it was obviously taking much effort. "Erm - is it uh, anything I can help with...?

JackieCat

If Faelis had been truly evil, he might have cackled, but in stead he smiled kindly at her offer to help.

"I don't think so," he said, then frowned as if he suddenly remembered something. "Actually, there is something you could help with. . ."  Then he shook his head.  "No, it's to dangerous, I'm sure you wouldn't want to go into such an evil man's house, no matter how important the mission is to the safety of Serendipity. . ."

He heaved a rather dramatic sigh.

He hoped this would work.  He was being rather dramatic, but he didn't think the girl would catch it, hopefully she'd be to enthralled by his tale.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"Nonononono- I can do it~!" Rose bursts out again. Within her eyes he was exactly what he was putting himself out to be, and what he was putting himself out to be was someone who could show her the path to her dreams. "I-I can take care of myself in a fight too, you don't need to worry about me either..."

JackieCat

Faelis bit his lip, as if deep in thought.  "Well. . . I don't know. . ."

He was silent for a moment, pretending to be deeply thinking about this.  After a few moments he nodded. "Alright," he said.  "But don't feel bad if you ever want to quit."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"Private Ebonheart is-" Rose snaps her right hand up into a quick salute, her posture stiffening to complete the movement. As she does so however, she misjudges her balance, having shifted to her toes at some point when she was lost in excitement, and teeters to the left. Rose flaps her arms quickly and regains her footing a mere second later, then returns, a bit more carefully, to the attempted salute. "...combat ready sir~! Ready to catch all the bad guys!"

JackieCat

Faelis laughed and reached out to catch her as she fell but she righted herself and finished her salute.

Faelis saluted back. "An honor to serve with you, Private Ebonheart!" he smiled, then became serious.  "I'd better fill you in on the details of our mission.

"There is an evil lord on Arca.  He's very rich, and everyone thinks he's all righteous, but really, he's in command of a secret underground crime syndicate.  He's got a lot of bad people under his command, who'll do anything he says, and he'll say anything to get his way, and will attempt to pay off, or kill, anyone who finds out who he really is.  That's why we have to be very careful.  Now, this may seem like a hopeless cause, but the lord gets all his evil manipulative power from a obsidian chalice.  Our mission is to steal the chalice.  Once we do that, his empire will fall to pieces."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"Ohhhhhh that's so genius... Like he won't be able to be evil and stuff because he won't have his thingy anymore..." She taps her chin, and looks off into the canopy for a moment, then tilts her head and looks back to Faelis inquisitively, "Was it like possessing him or something? Is it like a demon thingy?"

JackieCat

Faelis shook his head at her question.  "No, he isn't possessed, but the Lord's not too smart, so the chalice gives him the power to manipulate people into doing what he wants them to."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"Oh.... Okay... Well, that's good that we're taking it so he can't manipulate people more..." Rose was beginning to run out of things to say. She rubs her elbow and tucks her hair from across her eyes. "Soooooo when do we start?"

Tags: