Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In A Thieving Pickle(Ruby Red)

Started by JackieCat, March 20, 2016, 03:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

"Well, we need to get to Arca first, and that'll be a week's journey from here," Faelis said. "And I already have a plan to get into the Lord's mansion.  You know, it's quite lucky I found you, this is a two person mission, you see, and it's very hard to find trustworthy people to help out."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ruby Red

Rose became miles away, her thoughts dancing from what he'd told her, and what he had recruited her for. She was already so close to her first mission. The excitement was everlasting.

In reality, while she was singing to the heavens internally, outwardly, Rose was staring at a bush beside Faelis, silvered eyes looking deep into its depths. While she was so unbearably happy on the inside, she was equally lost on the outside. Rose was distracted by dreams again.

JackieCat

Faelis chuckled as the girl seemingly became entranced with a bush, but he could guess what was happening inside of her head, she was positively glowing with happiness.

Faelis wondered if he felt a shred of guilt at lying to her like this, but he pushed the thought away before he even had time to answer himself.  He would think about that later, though that may not have been the wisest choice, its the one the thief chose.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"Sooooooooo...." Rose snaps out of her trance, and immediately back to the task at hand. "...we should get going or something... Right...?"

JackieCat

Faelis nodded.  "We'll have to make camp soon," he said.  "Before it gets dark.  We don't want to be stuck out here in the dark with no firelight."

He looked at Rose. "Do you have supplies?" he asked.  Even though she was setting out to become a huntress, Faelis didn't know how prepared she would be, and judging from her previous reactions, Faelis found no reason to assume she had come prepared for anything.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

Rose nods quickly. From within her cloak, she unsnaps a purse-like box off of her hip, its form made of a light grey material with a silver latch as an opening mechanism. She brushes the part in her cloak out of the way to hold it in front of her. "I've got some food and stuff."

JackieCat

"Good," Faelis said, honestly pleased that she had brought some supplies with her.  "Since we have some light left, we can find a nice clearing someplace to camp."

After another half-hour they came to a small clearing, the soft ground covered with leaves and pine needles.

"Here's a good place," Faelis said, looking around and finding that it was also quite defensible, if they were attacked by anything. "I'll start a fire.  Do you have a bedroll?"

As he waited for her answer, he cleared away a spot in the middle of the camp and started to gather wood.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

Rose shakes her head, "No- I mean..." She realizes mid-syllable that even without a warm bed or a bedroll, still had her cloak. A large, flowing cloak with already unique properties could easily work as a stand in, plus, she already had an affinity to use it as a blanket all the way from when she was much younger. "...kinda, I guess? Can I help somehow?" Rose stands awkwardly to the side, watching him pass back and forth, eagerly awaiting for some instruction on how to be of some assistance.

JackieCat

There was a lot of dead wood around, so Faelis shook his head at her offer to help, he was almost finished anyway.

"Do you want to use my bedroll?" the thief asked. "I can use my cloak, I have one in my bag."

He may be a thief, and manipulating this girl, but he would still be courteous.  He crouched next to his pile of wood and started to stack it to make a fire.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"No, no I'll just use my own." She smiles politely, then bends down to pile some of the ambient wood into the crook of her arm. Rose walls it to his pile and merges the two, then returns to the other side of the fire to mirror him. If he wouldn't tell her how to help, she would just try anyway. "That one's yours, it would be wrong of me to take it from you." She continues as she stacks the wood with him, "I forgot to ask earlier, but uh, are you like a huntsman or a deputy or...?"

JackieCat

At Rose's question, Faelis frowned.  "Hmm. . . I've never actually thought about it," he said. "I'm not really anything specific, I just travel around, doing odd jobs for people, helping out if I can." 

This was not a lie.  He did do jobs for people, and he also did help out, sometimes.  Even though he was a thief, he has freed slaves before, and helped people out of beating, but though he did this, he didn't go searching out for people to help.  If he came along someone in dire need, he would help.

"What do you aspire to be?" Faelis asked Rose.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"I want to be a huntress!" She eagerly states without missing a beat, "Standing up for what's right and fighting the bad guys! Like, dad always said to stand up for people and stuff and he was like one too, but so was my mom-" Rose's rant starts to quicken.... "-so I was like, 'Mm well might as well be the family career..'" She shrugs as she continues.  "Like I'm not saying guardsman are bad because guardsman are nice and all but huntsman-n-Huntresses-are-justsomuchcoolerandnicerandyeahyaknow??!"

Apparently, she didn't notice her own sudden outburst of fangirling. Rose peers enthusiastically at Faelis, whilst still sucking in her first breath during the momentary rant. 

JackieCat

Faelis nodded, chuckling.  "I know what you mean," he said, humoring her. "I think that it's a noble cause, and you should be very proud of your career choice, I'm quite proud, and I've just met you!  There is nothing more noble than someone trying to rid the world of evil!"

He could imagine how she would react to that!
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

He was so unbelievably nice. The very first person she met happened to be someone just like what you she wished so much to become, took her as his partner for the mission immediately, AND was just so nice... Rose's heart beat stronger and merrier with each moment she spent talking to her first friend. Containing it was beyond her ability, the happiness and joy made itself evident with the glow of her smile.

"Thank you..." She pauses, " ...you were doing this way before me though, so you should be proud of yourself too..."

Even though Rose was so radiant with joy, she sheepishly rubs her elbow and looks at the leaves to the side. The firelight obscured most of it before, but as her face turns to the side it can be observed to be flushing with a mild hue of red. Rose was blushing during the compliments.

JackieCat

Faelis thought he'd better stop making himself out to be to great, he didn't want to make her suspicious of him.  After all, she did think he was exactly what she wanted to be.  Though Faelis doubted that even if he did keep glorifying himself she wouldn't catch on for a while.

"Well, I'm not perfect," Faelis said, and actually told her another bit of truth about himself. "I ran away from home when I was fifteen.  It was too boring there, I couldn't stand it.  Nobody paid attention to me."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

Rose glances back up. Her hand slips away from her elbow, then she relaxes more as the topic shifts towards Faelis.

"...what about your friends and family?" She asks as he finishes, "You must have someone that really notices you..." She trails off for a moment, realizing that she may have cut in rudely. More importantly, Rose realizes during the pause that her question might be personal.

"...I mean, if you don't then it wouldn't be bad that you..." Again, she trails off. Not realizing it until the moment she said it, Rose had again tripped along her whole side of the conversation, ending with her uncomfortably squirming and failing to find the right words.

She stops her tongue from sinking her deeper, and starts kicking herself internally.

JackieCat

Faelis bit back a chuckle as the girl stuttered her way through her sentences.

"Don't worry about it," Faelis said casually. "I was glad to leave, and I'm happy now.  I didn't really have any friends, and my parents were so obsessed with my older brother that they didn't give a damn-." He cut himself off, not wanting to swear in front of Rose, no matter how mild it seemed to him. "They didn't give me a second glance.  And like I said, I'm quite happy doing what I'm doing."

All of this was true as well.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"...what if they miss you though...?"

Rose doesn't seem to notice the swearing, too wrapped up in his story and the thought she was now voicing, "...What if they just didn't notice what they had, like you said, until he was gone?"

JackieCat

Faelis shrugged. "Maybe they do," he said. 'and I don't really care,' he wanted to say, but instead he continued in a different way.   "But I don't think so.  And even if they do, they can't feel that bad, I haven't heard of any efforts to find me.  The definitely have the money to, and if they wanted to,I would have heard of it, even though they wouldn't have been able to find me."

He shook his head. "Anyway, enough about me, what's your family like?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"Weeeeeeell have you made sure? Like, you'll never know until you see for yourself. They might think that you need some time, or they might respect your choice and not want to stop you... Or they're making a surprise for when you come back..." Rose taps her chin, looking off to the side again in thought. She seemed to completely ignore the shift to her own family. The only story she could tell was unfair to him in the sense that she had what he didn't - a loving family who cared dearly for her. In Rose's view, it would be rude to speak of after hearing his side.

So instead, Rose tries to shift it back to attempting to give him some hope that his family really did change when he left. She didn't know for sure, obviously, but that didn't matter to her, she just wanted to see his spirits lifted in that regard. It didn't occur to her what might happen if he decided to test it, and find Rose's hope in vain.

Perpetually naive.