Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In A Thieving Pickle(Ruby Red)

Started by JackieCat, March 20, 2016, 03:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

"Maybe," Faelis said. "But I don't want to go back, I'm happy where I am."

He tried again to ask about her family.  "So, you grew up around here?"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"Yes, just set out the other day..." Rose returns back to trying too hard within just a moment, "...probably, you mean..."

JackieCat

"Have you ever traveled before now?" Faelis asked, ignoring her awkwardness in an effort to make her feel more comfortable.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"Not really. I've wanted to for a while but this is the farthest I think I've ever walked from home... There was that one time with a cow, but that doesn't count... Do you travel a lot?"

JackieCat

"All I do is travel," Faelis chuckled. "I never stay anywhere for any long period of time.  Usually I only stay somewhere a night or two before moving on."

Faelis frowned. "This may be an awkward question, but how come you've never heard of Arca until now?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"I don't really know much of that kind of thing." She pauses, "I mean, I don't really know much of anything really.... I know, that would have been a good idea to study.. after I've already left home..."

Rose looks around, then cozies back up to the fire as if merely glancing around had made her colder. She just realized how late it must have been, but didn't want to say anything just yet. Talking to him was more important than sleeping, "...You probably know everything by now..."

JackieCat

"Not everything," Faelis said, smiling. "Even after going to the asme city countless times, there's always something new.  That's why I love traveling so much.  It's so thrilling."

He poked at the fire with a stick before sitting back from the flames onto his bedroll that he had previously rolled out.  "Well, like I said before, Arca is the capital of Serendipity, and, just in case you didn't now, Serendipity is were we are now, in the continent of Le'ranna.  Excuse me if you know this already."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

"I at least know those last bits. I'm dumb, but not too dumb." She smiles and shrugs, trying to poke fun at herself. Rose looks around again as Faelis lays down, this time wondering if sleeping on the ground in the middle of the forest was a good idea. In the past she'd always either been at home, or recently, up in a tree. Even with doubts, she lays down on her side and tugs her cloak closer to herself as she peers over to Faelis, not wanting to cut him off by acting like she meant to sleep.

JackieCat

"I apologize then," Faelis said when she knew the last bits.  He looked up at the star-filled sky. "We should get some sleep.  I'll be able to hear if anything comes upon us in the night."

He was, after all, an elf, and as well as having heightened senses, the little bit of magic inside of him would help to sense any approaching predators.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

Rose gives a muffled "Mhm" in response as she tugs her cloak into a more comfortable position around herself, then again in a different fashion.... And again, one last time to move some extra padding underneath her. It wasn't abnormal. Her cloak was possibly her most prized possession, and it had to be absolutely perfect. Rose curls herself up within her crimson blanket after several moments' pause, only leaving her relaxed face exposed as she tries to nap.

JackieCat

Faelis lay awake for several more minutes, listening to Rose adjust to sleeping on the ground.

For the second time today, a tendril of guilt wormed itself into his head.  Should he really be doing this?  Manipulating a naive teenage girl, who clearly has a high set of morals, to steal for him?  Besides the fact that she was aspiring to be a do-gooder, and knew very little about the world.

But Faelis pushed away the guilt.  Tricking her into doing this would bring no harm to the girl, there was no way he would ever let her get hurt, and besides, he was never caught, and wouldn't let her get caught either, so there wouldn't be a stain on her reputation.  The only thing it would do would make her feel bad, and Faelis was sure it would pass after a few months.  She may even come after him to try and steal the item back, not that she would ever be able to find him, not with his knowledge of the world.

But still. . . the thought nagged at Faelis until he fell asleep.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor