Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Lonely Search(Aria!)

Started by JackieCat, March 22, 2016, 07:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

OOC:  Tags to @Arianna Anderson!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OC:
It was the middle of the day, and Nox was on his way out of a small village.  He had just completed a job for a farmer, hunting, and was going into Draconi Forest.  He had heard that there were a few Wolf-shifter packs in the woods, and a pack was exactly what he needed right now.

The shifter had felt lost and alone ever since that day nearly six years ago when he had been banished from his pack.  That wouldn't have been so bad, but none of his friends or family had tried to even ask the alpha if he could say.  They didn't even say goodbye.

Nox traveled deep into the sun-dappled woods, towards the spot where the farmer had said there was a shifter pack.  He was in his wolf form, as it was much faster to travel that way.  After a hour of walking, Nox reached a small clearing.   There were a few den-like houses, and people and wolves alike could be seen.

Nox padded up to the village, barking a greeting, and looking fondly at the pups playing in the sun.  The shifters looked at him, and while they did not run away, most ignored him, or looked at him suspiciously.  One wolf walked up to him.

"What do you want?" he asked, his tone harsh.

"I'm looking for a pack," Nox said. "May I speak with your alpha?"

Nox knew that this wolf was not the alpha, he didn't smell like one, but he was a beta. The beta shook his head at Nox's request.

"We're not taking in any strays," he said. " Leave."

"You must reconsider-!"

"Go now!" the wolf growled, but Nox didn't move.

"Beta, I implore you-!"

The beta snapped at him, growling.  "Go!". Then he barked, and three other wolves came to stand by him.  Nox growled, but backed away, he knew he would find no home here.  He turned and ran into the woods.

When he was a good distance away from the other pack, he slowed to a walk and transformed back into his human form, sighing.  This was the third pack this month to turn him away.  At this rate, he'd never find a pack.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

Lyra had been in Adela all day long, she had bought some food with the money she earned that day. A mother was desperately trying to get shopping done with her three children. When one ran off and into Lyra and she treated him with compassion the mother all but nearly threw the kids at her so she could shop. With a shrug, Lyra kept them content and busy until she was done. In return she paid Lyra for her help. So Lyra bought a large steak, potatoes and tea.

Once she had it all, she decided to go eat in nature so she walked into the forest with her stuff and reached a clearing. She made a small fire ring with large stones and made a tent type stack with longs. Last she began to smash two rocks together and finally sparks flew igniting her small camp fire. She knew there was a pack around here, she could smell it. However she was off their territory so she shouldn't have any trouble. That was when a scent of a male was caught. Lyra's intense blue eyes looked around and saw the male. He didn't smell like the pack, was he a loner like she was?

"Hello...."

She said slowly standing up tucking her fire red hair behind her ear and even offered him a smile. He looked torn and very upset which pushed Lyra to want to know what happened, but this was a stranger and probably didn't want to share with someone he didn't know.

@JackieCat

JackieCat

Nox smelled the female before he saw her.  For a moment he was going to walk the other way, thinking she was a part of the pack he had just been rejected from, but then, she didn't smell like them, so he continued on.

He found her sitting by a fire.  When she smelled him she stood up and smiled at him, offering a greeting.

"Hello," he said as he got closer.  He stopped a few yards from her.  He wondered if she was alone, he didn't smell any other wolves around, but it was a strange coincidence for him to find another one wolf so soon after being so blatantly rejected by the other pack.  He wanted to ask 'what are you doing here?' but that seemed rather abrupt, so instead he forced a smile.  "I'm Nox," he said instead.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

She turned back to the fire, keeping a slight eye on him, after all you never turn your back on a wolf you don't know. She grabbed the thin and soft piece of wood and put the raw meat on it and placed it over the fire. She heard his greeting and turned back to him with the same smile.

"Lyra."

She said tucking her hair back behind her ear. She studied him for a few moments while listening to their surroundings, mainly for an ambush. When nothing was heard she would speak again,

"Would you like some food? I have enough to share."

Her alphas always taught her to share with wolves that needed it. Even though Lyra was alone and didn't have a pack, she was still going to live by those words.

"I have steak, potatoes and tea."

She said with a bright smile before turning to flip the meat over. Lyra's inner wolf was alert and cautious while Lyra's human was calm and collected.

JackieCat

Nox smiled at her offer, but shook his head. "No, I'm fine," he said.  "Thank you, though."

He stood there for a second, not quite sure what to say.  "So. . ." he said awkwardly after a second, "you're traveling?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

Lyra would smile and shrug going to sit down against the log where she was facing him and grabbed the still raw but warmed up steak. Hey she was a wolf she she liked and needed raw meat. She took the potatoes and poured water into it and put it over the water to boil for the potatoes. She took a bite of her meat and licked her lips looking up at him.

"Traveling. Wondering. Whatever you want to call it."

She said with a smile.

"I'm a rouge at the moment haven't found a pack that will accept me or that I fit into so....until then I'm just traveling around."

She told him taking another bite of her meat. She shared just enough for him to understand where she was coming from but not too many as to pour her who history on him.

"What about you?"

JackieCat

Nox nodded.  "Same here."  Then he smiled somewhat bitterly.  "I just tried the pack over there," he gestured behind him. "And they made it very clear they didn't want me, before I even told them who I was.  Did you try going by them?"

If she had, and they had rejected her, then they must just not want wolves in general, and not just excluded Nox because they didn't like him for whatever reason.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

She looked at him and would huff slightly,

"No I didn't. I watched them from afar for a while because I thought about joining but the way the treated some members made me very mad. I didn't want to join after that. I may never join a pack again. It seems like either the packs I see don't want rouges or I find something very wrong. If I knew of more rouges like us around here, I would start my own pack."

She told him flat out. It seemed like he was being honest so she was going to be honest as well. She took another bite of her meat and dumped the pre-skinned potatoes into the water and waited for them to become soft so she could mash them up. She pulled out a drawstring bag and sprinkled something into the water. It was a herb called Rosemary and one of the things it helped was for food poisoning.

"I am sorry the treated you like that. It wasn't fair to you in the least."

She told him offering him a apologetic smile even if she was not a part of that pack. She may be a rouge but she was showing true alpha tendencies. 

JackieCat

Nox smiled again.  "It's not your fault," he said to her. "But i should have done what you did and watched to see what they were like befroe I even attempted to join."

He thought about what she said about starting her own pack.  She definitely acted like and alpha, and if there were other rouge wolves. . .

"Perhaps we could try to find some other wolves to make a pack," he suggested.  This was a very abrupt suggestion, but, he thought, why not?
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

She began to mash the potatoes up and would smile slightly at what he said about doing what she did, she always watched others, she learned that from her friend Demi. She put her freshly mashed potatoes into a bowl and took the water off the fire and looked at him with his next words. That was a bit unexpected. The wolfess scratched her arm leaning back thinking about what he said carefully. Slowly she would nod and smile.

"Yeah okay. Wanna stick with me while we try to form a pack?"

She asked eating the rest of her meat and licked her lips happily. Maybe she would finally be a part of a true family. Though she didn't feel talking about making another pack this close to another pack especially one so rude was a good idea.

"Can I ask what happened to your pack or is too soon or me to ask that?"

She asked eating her potatoes.

JackieCat

"Sure," Nox said, and when she asked about what happened to his pack, he nodded. "We were attacked by a rival pack, and our alpha was killed. . .  Then the alpha of the other pack took over.  He was, is, an awful leader, and i tried to get the others to see that, and to help to make the pack better, but they were all to scared of him.  Eventually he kicked me out." Nox sighed. "I was just trying to help.  And no one even tried to stop him from banishing me, even though they knew I was right. . ."

Nix sighed again then looked up, smiling weakly.  "Enough about me, what happened to your pack?  Why aren't you still with them?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

The young female finished her dinner and hugged her knees resting her chin on the fabric of her dress letting out a sigh and closing her eyes shaking her head. What he told her made her so sad. She looked at him with pain filled eyes,

"I am so sorry to hear that."

She said before he asked about her. She let out a sigh and looked at him,

"Well. I was born into a family with two children. My older brother and my mother, father and ,me. We were both sent up north to the Mountain Pack. We learned how to control our wolves and learned our talents. Then one night on a midnight full moon hunt, we ran into a rouge. The alphas took him in and well. He began killing people and livestock which was a big no no in our family. So after three warnings he was exiled and chased out of the city to save our pack. The damage was already done. Vampires came and attacked our pack because the rouge killed some of them."

She paused before continuing,

"A war broke out. Many died but the Alphaess named he beta and I ran around saving others and sending them out of harms way. I was separated from them. I got letters from time to time always saying I could come back and be with them. I always think about it but, I need to make my own life.I don't hate rouges because not all are bad, something was already off about that one.

She said with a smile on her face and poured herself a cup of tea and looked at him.

"Thirsty?"

She asked.

JackieCat

As she spoke, Nox stepped forwards and sat down on the other side of the fire, listening sadly to her story.  When she was finished he shook his head.

"I'm sorry," he said. "It's awful how one wolf can wreck the lives of so many others."

He smiled when she offered him some tea. "Sure," he said. "Thank you."  Not sure if she had another cup, he reached into his bag and pulled out his own tin cup and poured himself some of the hot tea.

As he sat back he spoke again. "So you were the beta of your pack?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

She would nod to his comment about the exiled wolf,

"Well you know what they say, the strength of the wolf if the pack and the strength of the pack is the wolf."

She told him sipping her tea. What wise words. Her Alpha taught her that and she truly believed it. She didn't belive it until after the ordeal with the wolf. She smiled when he sat down and took some tea. Lyra nodded to his thank you.

"I hope you like hot tea."

She said with a half smile and brushed her red hair out of her face. Her blue eyes fell on him once more when he asked if she was a beta in her pack, and she nodded before answering.

"Originally I was a hunter and a scout. Though during times of stress I could take control and I was moved up to beta to help control situations that may get out of hand or take the place of the leaders if they were gone."

She told him. She had never truly been an alpha but she was always under paw of one of the leaders so it was possible for her to become an alpha if the situation presented it's self.

JackieCat

Nox nodded. "I was also a beta," he said. "But not for long.  Soon after I was appointed the rank, the other alpha moved in, and a few months after that I was exiled."

He sighed, but then shook his head and smiled. "Well, that's all past I need to focus on the present and the future right now."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

She looked at him with serious written over her face, even with this stern look Lyra had the underlying look of calm and sweet.

"Have you even thought about going back with a pack that you created or joined and fought the alpha. I know he exiled you, but, all those other wolves are still being led by an iron paw. Who knows what he's doing because they won't stand up to him."

This bothered her greatly. The whole pack couldn't be omegas. She understood Omegas keeping quiet and she understood submissive betas but it was very unlikely everyone in that pack but Nox was an Omega or submissive. She let out an annoyed huff that ended up being a tiny growl. Her look softened as he was going to leave the past in the past and look forward to now and the future. Lyra took a long sip of her tea before letting out a sigh,

"Any ideas where we should go from here? I'd like to move soon. The longer we stay here the more I fear an ambush from that pack up the forest."

She commented grabbing some leaves and wrapping up her meat inside it before tying it closed with some plain string.

JackieCat

Nox nodded, she was right.  "I have thought about it," he said. "And even was going to go back a few times, and perhaps I will, someday, but not now."

As she changed the subject, Nox thought on her next question.  They should move out, especially with the other pack so close.  "We could head deeper into the forest," Nox suggested. "I know there's other packs deeper in, and where there are packs, there a rouges nearby, hoping they can join a pack or scavenge from them."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

The young wolfess picked up a fist full of dirt in both hands and threw it on the fire causing it to go out and threw the bag over her shoulder and looked at Nox with a fearless look in her eyes as they sparkled like diamonds.

"Let's move then."

She said. Her voice was calm and caring yet they held authority admired by many. She turned with a quick yet graceful movement causing her red hair to fly around her and smiled before heading west. She wasn't sure where she was going, she was just following scents of other wolves before letting out a sigh. Hoe do you even start a pack? Had they already established a pack? She wasn't sure but she was willing to jump headfirst fearless. Though she hoped Nox liked them sharing ideas and thoughts instead of one of them taking full control.

"Hopefully we can gather a few packless wolves and give them new hope."

She said with another sigh looking at him.

JackieCat

Nox watched her red hair swing around as she turned, but snapped himself out of his daze and nodded.

"I know there are probably rogues around, and there are a group of packs spread out that way," he pointed to the west.  He agreed when she suggested just finding packless wolves.

"I just hope that they weren't kicked out of their packs for actions that were less-than honorable," he said. "I don't want to make a pack full of criminals, though perhaps the 'criminals' just need a home."

OOC: I like the new username!
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

The sweet she wolf would pause walking for a moment before continuing. She was thinking of what he said and come up with an idea and wanted to see what Nox thought.

"We can accept everyone in as pledge members which means they are part of our pack and we will watch them. Then after a while under the full moon we will bump them to full members unless they have a special gift for another area. That way nobody gets left out, we can see everyone's actions and I don't have a repeat of my old pack."

She told him but the very last part about her pack was mumbled under her breath but Nox probably heard that being that he had sensitive hearing as did Lyra. As they headed farther into the forest, Lyra noticed the trees becoming thinker and thinker as more and more seemed to appeared, somehow it was comforting and she left completely at peace.

OOC: Hehe thanks! I thought the name was fitting ^_^