Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Lonely Search(Aria!)

Started by JackieCat, March 22, 2016, 07:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

"Good idea," Nox agreed.  "Though we have to be careful."

As the trees got thicker, Nox could smell a pack to the south, and another, farther, to the north.  They were walking nearly right between the two territory.

"There's bound to be some rogues around," Nox said hopefully. "I hope it doesn't take us too long."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

Lyra still had a warm heart, but part of her heart a bit tainted with her past with the rouge and honestly if anyone caused trouble Lyra would have no problem settling it either in wolf form or human form. She wouldn't let anyone stand in her way of keeping this new pack safe. Not anyone.

The wolfess caught the scents of two different pack and blinked looking around. Which way should they go. Her eyes would go back to Nox and scratched her head. If she was a rouge looking for a pack ( which she had been) She would keep walking between the two packs before making a choice...that really was no hope.

"So which pack do we go near first?"

She asked hoping to also find rouges to add to their new pack.

JackieCat

"Well, the one to the north is closer, so. . ." Nox shrugged and turned north. "Why not?"

He started walking towards the nearer camp.  He looked over his shoulder at Lyra. "So, how long have you been without a pack?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

She nodded and changed her directions to the pack up north before hearing his question,

"Six moons."

She spoke in a stable voice as if it didn't bother her anymore,

"When I was in Mist Haven and I was growing up learning things in my pack, I dreamed many things. I dreamed of growing up in a pack, meeting my other half and continuing the pack's legacy by having children. While I still do want to have children, I also want to keep others safe. I want them to grow up in a safe pack, I want them to never have to worry about their safety."

She told Nox looking at him as her eyes sparkled from the tears threatening to break free. Quickly she concealed her emotions and looked down, her red hair hiding half of her face. The dreams she had just talked about, were so intense that it brought tears to her eyes. Her thoughts  were pushed back as they began to get closer to the pack and she felt like they where being watched. She slowed her pace and scanned the tree line around them, it couldn't be the pack as they hadn't entered the territory yet nor had they even entered the outskirts of their territory.

JackieCat

Nox winced as tears gathered in Lyra's eyes.

"I shouldn't have brought it up," he said gently. "I didn't know it was so recent. . ."

He had been wandering for almost six years, and though the pain was still very real, it was not as raw.  "I'm sure we'll make this work," Nos smiled, trying to cheer her up. "We'll make a pack and want for nothing!"

He stopped then, for he, too, sensed that they were being watched.  He looked at Lyra, silently wondering, could it be a rogue?  He looked around, sniffing the air.  There was definitely another wolf near, though it didn't really smell like the pack they were nearing.

Nox debated calling out to whoever was in the trees, but he didn't need to.  A moment later a wolf stepped out of the trees, his eyes narrowed suspiciously and his body in a defensive crouch.  He was quite a sight.  His fur was scraggly and scars could be seen on his body where the fur had not grown back.  He had known they had sensed him, so he had come out.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

She heard Nox talking, but didn't respond. She was focused on the sounds around them, what if this was an ambush? She sniffed the air and was glad there was only one scent in the air. Then the wolf appeared. He was scruffy and seemed to have scars all over his body.

Instantly Lyra let the transformation take place, the sound of popping and cracking of bones filled the air. The sound was followed by shifting bones. Soon the red head female was standing on all fours and was a red furred wolf. She looked at the male and tilted her head. She yipped a few times asking if he was alone and where was his pack. She looked up at Nox and swayed her tail in a friendly manner to both males.

JackieCat

The lone wolf eyed Lyra suspiciously as Nox also transformed into his large wolf form.  "You don't smell like any of the packs 'round here," he barked quietly, seemingly not hearing her question.  He sniffed again, and, seemingly smelling something important, he immediately crouched to the ground, but it was not a crouch to get ready to spring, it was more submissive, but not completely.  He had smelled their rank.  Betas, though they weren't from the same pack.  He hadn't smelled it at first because the scent was so faint.  The scruffy wolf didn't know this, but it was faint from Nox and Lyra's time traveling away from their packs.  But he still smelled it, stronger on Lyra.

Then he answered the questions.  "I don't 'ave a pack," he said. He looked like he was going to ask a question, but he hesitated as he looked at Lyra and Nox.  Both wolves were healthier, stronger, and bigger than him, and in Nox's case, much bigger, so he snapped his scarred muzzle shut.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

Lyra noted the way he crouched down and sighed, he was submitting which wasn't a bad thing. She looked at Nox and would lay down on her belly looking at the new wolf. She wasn't submitting in any way, instead she was showing him that it was okay. Hearing his answer, she would place her furry head on her front paws before lifting up and walking closer to him. She yipped a couple of times and swayed her tail faster, kind of like wagging it. 'Would you like to come with us and join ours?' She asked moving to he side with side with the new wolf. 'What's your name?' She asked sitting down net to him now curling her tail around her paws.  If was to attack her for any reason, he would have easy access considering she was sitting right next to him but something told the she wolf that he wasn't going to be attacking anyone at the moment. She held her Beta pose, but it wasn't threatening, it was just a habit that she grew to have over the time being a beta and it probably wouldn't change any time soon.

JackieCat

Nox watched Lyra's behavior and appreciated it, she really knew how to take charge of a situation, but not be bossy or demanding.  The other wolf shied away slightly as she sat next to him, but he didn't run, or attack her.

"You're pack?" the other wolf yipped, confused.  Nox didn't blame him, they didn't look much like a pack.

"We were both loners," Nox explained. "We met up, and decided to find other rogues to make a pack.  Seeing you don't have a pack, we would like you to join us."

The other wolf looked very suspicious, but Nox was not going to judge the book by its cover. 

The scarred wolf narrowed his eyes, wondering if it was a trick, then he slowly grunted. "Alright. . . Is there a catch?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

The she wolf was acting like a true alpha and she was okay with that, in a way it came natural to her. She was always under the foot of the alpha female growing up. Yes she loved her parents, but she was always chasing after the alpha female and so over time she learned things from watching her. When Nox spoke up, she looked at him nodding her furry head in agreement.

'Both of us came from negative pack circumstances. Fate had us meet and we got to talking and decided to start a pack of our own. You happen to be the first rouge that we came across. There is no catch however, I will say this. You will be loyal to the pack. The pack is family, the only way a pack can run and run successfully is if we are all on the same page. We need the pack to be generous, have honestly, laughter kindness and loyalty.'

She paused to let him think about that and would stand  back up.

'Look, we may seem different as the night is from the day, but if you look a little deeper you will see that I'm just like you and you're just like me. I'm going to be myself no matter what I do, and if we are different then I want you to be true to you. If you follow us, we will put our differences aside. We will stick together to make our pack thrive.'

She said in a very matter-of-fact way while still keeping her even, calm and non-bossy tone.

'We are very honored to have you join the pack.'

Lyra would say before coming to stand by Nox

'I am Lyra, what is your name?'

She asked and would let Nox introduce himself.

JackieCat

The other wolf listened as she spoke, and wrinkled his nose when she mentioned being loyal to the pack. "I would never be anythin' but," he replied as she stood. "To any pack I was a part of."

As she walked over to the Nox and stood next to him, the wolf thought about what she said, then slowly nodded. "I'll join.  The name's Skiffiles, but you can call me Skiff."

"And I'm Nox," the black wolf said. "Welcome to our pack, Skiff."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

'You will be a pledge in the pack for a while, until you get settled. You have all rights as a member does as a pledge. It's just a rank that is given so we all know who are new and maybe even who needs more help than others. Under the next full moon, we will hunt together to show unity and celebrate having you in our pack. Welcome Skiff.'

She spoke as her tail swayed lightly. Upon saying welcome, Lyra would stick out her front left paw and lower her upper body and head for a moment, in a wolf's way of bowing. After that she stood back up and pointed her nose back in the air.

'Are you hungry now Skiff? We can take a mini hunting break and get some food.'

She spoke looking over at Nox and Skiff. Skiff looked a little thin so maybe he didn't get much food. That and Lyra's wolf was now out and itching to hunt and chase an animal. Lyra looked at Nox and nodded her head slightly, happy to have found their first pack member. Once they settled down for the night, they would have to choose a name for them.

JackieCat

Skiff nodded hesitantly wondering if this was some sort of test.  He hadn't hunted in a while, mostly eating what the other wolves left behind.  He couldn't hunt large game without a pack, the only animals around here he could hunt himself were small animals, such as rabbits and even smaller rodents.  Even a deer was too big for him to take down alone.

"We could a get a deer, the three of us," Nox suggested.

"There's a clearing not far from here where deer sometimes gather," Skiff said. "We could go there?"

Both he and Nox automatically looked to Lyra.  Nothing had been said about it yet, but it was obvious to both males who was the alpha here, and it had been from the start.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

Lyra noted Skiff's hesitation but didn't say anything, Hey, she would be like that too if her backstory was like that.  She would just let him ease into the pack on his own time, not need to rush anything. She looked at Nox who proposed the idea of hunting down a deer and then her eyes looked over to Skiff who told them about a clearing not far from here. When both males looked over at Lyra, it was at that moment, she knew she was the alpha of the pack. She flicked her tail,

'Will you show us this clearing Skiff, we can take down a deer if we all work together.'

She told him moving up and would follow Skiff once he agreed to lead them toward the deer, if he agreed. If not she'd have to use her nose to lead them there. She hoped Skiff would lead them there because that would start building the trust foundation between the three, mainly for Skiff to know that once he turned his back they were not going to attack him. Lyra was sneaky in ways to push friendship and trust, not in dis-honest ways.

JackieCat

For a moment, Skiff hesitated again, but then turned his back on the two larger wolves and started for the clearing.

Nox looked over at Lyra and wagged his tail slightly, Skiff was starting to trust him, or at least feel like he could turn his back without being attacked.

Skiff started to walk slower as they got closer to the clearing, and he lowered to his belly when they got right next to it, motioning that Nox and Lyra should do so as well.  As they were able to see into the clearing, Nox saw a small herd of deer.  Three does and one buck.  He would wait for Lyra to call the target.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

A light smile played over the muzzle of the red wolf was Skiff lead them toward the clearing. Her eyes caught Nox, her blue eyes looked at him and saw him wag his tail and Lyra returned the wag of her tail. She thought it was too cute that he was getting so excited. Once the trio reached the clearing Lyra lowered her body to the ground. Her ears up, her blue eyes watched the heard. The buck would be a full meal but....he was the strongest. Her eyes went over to the two does and contemplated which one. Then, her eyes saw the one doe, one of a medium size wondering away from the herd. A low quiet growl left her muzzle. Her eyes went to Skiff and Nox,

'See that one that is separated from the rest. That one is the one we have. I'll go around and make sure it cant run back to it's herd. You two dash out and try to slow it down. I'll help. Don't let it step on you. If you see the herd coming toward us, you both get to safety.'

She ordered them - yet even with her orders, she had an underlying sound of kindness about her tone. Without another word, she snuck around the deer and would dash out chasing off the rest of the heard. With a howl she gave the signal for the other two to try to take down the deer..

JackieCat

Both Nox and Skiff tore out of the trees as Lyra gave her howl to attack.  Skiff barked in happiness as he ran, he hadn't hunted like this in so long. . .

Nox made a circle around the deer, so there were wolves on three sides of it.  The deer bolted for the trees, but Nox leaped in front of her, snapping his teeth and she was forced to turn back.  She ran towards Skiff, seeing him as the lest dangerous attacker.  She was right, but that didn't mean the smaller wolf would let her escape.  He leaped at her as she ran by him, digging his sharp claws into her back.  She stumbled, but didn't fall, and bucked Skiff off.  The wolf rolled to the ground, but got up and went again at the doe.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

As the two males began to attack the lone doe, Lyra was keeping the rest of the herd back. She would snap her teeth at any deer that came close to her. Soon all but the buck was left. She growled, her fur standing up. Her tail was level with her body and her ears were pinned back. Those intese blue eyes were locked on the buck and she could and would easily counter it's attacks. She knew he wanted to go save that doe, but the she would wasn't hoinh to let him go. Not at all.

Upon hearing the thud, the she wolf broke her stare on the buck for a split second as she turned to see who it was that fell. Seeing Skiff get up she turned back to the buck only to see back hoofs coming at her. She growled backing up and turning only to get kicked hard in the side. She let out a loud whimper in pain as she fell to the ground. Now she was truly mad and the wolf had fully taken over Lyra. She let out a roar of anger as she got up dodging the buck's attack. In her anger she pushed off the ground leaping into the air and latching onto the buck's side. Her powerful jaws bit down, but she didn't have a good grip with her claws and was thrown off. She fell on non-hurt side so it didn't hurt, but she did have the wind knocked out of her. As she laid there for a moment trying to catch her breath, she saw the buck's antlers coming right at her. She scrambled to her feet as the tip of the antler's got her. She let out a yelp of pure pain as she fell to the ground. The smell of blood was in the air, but, it was hard to tell if it was the doe's, the buck's or Lyra's.

Lyra laid on the ground in pure pain, there was no way she was getting up. On her side, her red fur was wet with blood from a small wound due to the buck who was again coming at Lyra at full speed. Painfully she got up and growled moving to her left, still trying to keep the buck at bae while now keeping herself safe and trying to control her wolf who was still in a sate of rage.

JackieCat

Nox had reachd the doe, and he and Skiff both brought it down.  Skiff was putting the doe out of her misery when Nox heard a loud growl and spun around to see the buck attacking Lyra.

The large wolf ran across the field for them, but by the time he got there, Lyra was standing, but there was another wound in her side, ad the buck was still coming towards her.  Nox threw himself at the buck, and the huge wolf collided with the deer with so much force that the large buck almost fell.  Nox clung to his back for a moment, before jumping back to the ground and standing in front of Lyra, barking and growling at the buck.  Enraged, the buck looked like he was going to come back to fight, but Skiff had appeared by Nox's side, and the buck ran off into the woods after his does.

Nox and Skiff immediately turned to Lyra.  There was a bloodied would in her side, though it didn't look to deep, and she looked sore, the buck must have kicked her.

"What do we do?" Skiff asked, his yellow eyes wide, and Nox too, looked fearful, but he stood his ground.

"Lyra, we should get out of the open if we can, can you move?"

They didn't want any other predators coming around and seeing them as the prey.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

When the two males came to her aid she mentally gave a sigh or relief. The wound in her side wasn't deep, but it was there and she was sore. She looked at Skiff when he asked what did they do. She concealed her pain and looked at Nox and Skiff,

'I'm fine. I can walk, let's grab the doe.'

She stated flatly and turned around to lead them into the bushes to get out of the clearing while pulling the doe, the killed it so it was there kill. With every step she took she would wince.  She held in her whimpers of pain, she was just slower than usual. If either male was walking beside her, they would notice the winces of pain. Lyra was trying hard to hide her emotions, she was never good at expressing her emotions, and now being an alpha, she really thought she had to hide them even better for the sake of the pack.