Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Lonely Search(Aria!)

Started by JackieCat, March 22, 2016, 07:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Nox frowned as they walked towards the doe, Lyra wincing all the while.

"I'll get the doe," the wolf said. "You two just get out of the clearing."

He gave Skiff a look that clearly said, 'Help her', and Skiff offered to let Lyra lean on him if she needed.

Nox grabbed the doe and started to drag her towards the edge of the clearing.  As the there of them got there, Nox froze, sniffing the air.

"There are other wolves near here," he yipped quietly.

"They are the Midlast Pack," Skiff breathed. "They'll try to take the doe. . . They don't like me much."

"Great, just what we need right now," Nox sighed.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

She wanted to lean on Skiff, but she was trying her hardest to show him she was strong and she was a strong alpha. She looked at Nox when he spoke about a pack being near here. She looked at Skiff and Lyra let out a growl standing up taller looking at both of them.

'They will not take our doe. They will not hurt you Skiff. You are safe here in this pack and we will not let anyone hurt you. If they want this deer or they want to hurt you they will have to get through me. No outsider wolves will ever hurt my pack again. Ever.'

She told mostly Skiff but was also looking at Nox. She sighed and looked around. She saw a den.

'Wait here.'

She told them both and slowly made her way over to the den. She poked her nose up in the air sniffing. The wolves were in the area but, the den seemed clear. She walked into the deep den and looked around. Empty....safety! At least until they can move again, or more so Lyra could shift back.

She poked her head out of the den looking at the two males.

'I found a den, come and we will put the doe in the back and Skiff if the pack shows up, you will be behind me. I will protect you.'

She said and sighed sitting down in the opening of the cave.

JackieCat

Nox wanted to go after Lyra into the den, what if there was something in there that would attack her?  But he stayed put.

When she came out and spoke, Nox dragged the deer into the back of the den, Skiff following.  "You should get some rest," he said. "If the other wolves come, you'll need your strength."

In reality, Nox just wanted the Alpha to lie down.  She needed it, no matter what she said. "A injury does not mean you're weak," he said quietly, wagging his tail at her.  He knew that she must be struggling with this.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

She looked at both and swayed her tail quietly and sat still but would nod her head and move to the left side of the cave where she was still near the front and laid down. She looked at Nox and thumped her tail a few times. Luckily she was a werewolf and that meant this wound would heal rather quickly. She blinked and sighed looking around the den then looked at Nox,

'I got attacked by a deer. A deer Nox.'

She said before closing her eyes and turning her head away from both males, she was feeling pretty weak but with the higher healing rate, the bleeding had stopped. She felt bad and looked back at Nox.

'But thank you.'

She said thumping her tail. She wondered if the other pack was going to come around. Her eyes went over to Skiff then Nox. She had to keep these two safe even if it meant her getting hurt.

JackieCat

Nox scoffed. "You were out of practice, and a buck is a danger to any wolf."

He fell silent as there was a sound from outside, then a voice, a human voice, called down into the den.

"We know you're in there, Sirium," the voice growled. "And we don't care who's there with you.  Come out!"

Skiff looked fearfully from Nox to Lyra, then towards the voice.  "This is free territory, Halk, you can't do anything  to me here!"

"Want to bet?" the voice growled, and now it was the voice of a wolf, he had shifted. "Come up here and we'll see about that."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

Lyra laid there and sighed closing her eyes again. Her ears went up hearing sounds outside. She opened her eyes when the threats came. She growled loud, loud enough for them to hear. She forced herself to shift to her human form despite her pain. When she was fully in her human form, there where rips in her dress showing the wound from earlier that day.

"Stand down here. Both of you, especially you Skiff. You don't come out for anything."

She snapped. She climbed out of the den and looked at the two people. Her intense blue eyes held anger and rage. She didn't show her pain to them or that another wolf was inside.

"Leave now. This isn't your territory. Who I have with me isn't your concern."

She said but growled wrinkling her nose. She was an alpha and she was showing it to them that she was indeed an alpha.

JackieCat

Nox looked at Skiff, wanting immensely to go up after Lyra, but he didn't.

The man outside looked Lyra over and growled, even in his human form.  "Sirium doesn't belong to a pack," he said harshly. "And he never should."

The man narrowed his eyes at Lyra. "Who are you?  And why did you even come to these parts?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

"Well He belongs to mine. And he always will have a home here with my family."

She growled at them both. She let out a steady breath as he asked her name and why she came here. She could also feel the tension rolling off Nox and honestly that made her feel safe.

"Lyra. My name is Lyra  and it's none of your business of why I'm here. Why do you even care? You don't even know me or my family."

She stated as a matter of fact tone.

"Now leave. You're threatening my family and that's not okay with me. So leave."

She said growling stepping closer narrowing her eyes.

JackieCat

The man shook his head and laughed bitterly.

"Fine," he said cooly. "You can keep Sirium, just make sure he never comes near our territory again."  He started to walk away, but looked over his shoulder to say one last thing to Lyra, his voice full of venom. "Just be careful who you let into your pack.  It's your choice, but I wouldn't want a traitor in my pack.  That's why I kicked him out."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

Lyra clenched her fists and growled, even in her human form, it sounded awful,

"LEAVE NOW AND DON'T EVER COME BACK!"

She yelled getting herself all worked up and growled again as they left. Once they were in out of sight she turned her back and went back into the den. She lost her footing and slip down on her hands and knees. She came face to face with Skiff.

"What was he talking about? Why did he kick you out? I won't accept traitors."

She said in a calm tone as her hand went over her wound as she sighed looking at him, her eyes sparkling with tears.

"And please tell me the truth...."

Her bottom lip quivered and she looked over at Nox. She wasn't sure how much longer she could hold back her emotions.

JackieCat

Nox transformed into his human form, and crouched next to Lyra.  He could see she was battling her emotions, but for now, he just looked to Skiff.

The wolf sighed, and for the first time shifted into his human form.  He looked much like the wolf self, small and wiry, and covered in scars.

"I'm no a traitor," he said, and there was sympathy in his eyes as he looked at Lyra. "But I took some unnecessary risks when I was younger.  I was careless. . . And our pack was on the brink of war with another.  I was out huntin', and I crossed the border between our territories.  I was attacked, but they let me go because I lied to 'em, saying that I would spy for 'em if they wouldn't kill me."

Nox growled, but Skiff hurriedly continued, his tone now desperate and his eyes cast down at the floor. "I would have never gone through with it!  Wouldn't you have lied to get out of bein' killed?  And I was twelve. . .  I headed back to my pack, intendin' to tell my alpha everythin', but some other wolves in my pack had seen me get attacked, they had seen me lie.  They got back to our alpha first, and told him I was a traitor.  As soon as I got back I was rejected, kicked out. . . There was nothin' I could say. . ." He looked up at Lyra and Nox, his eyes pleading with them. "But I would never betray my pack.  Never.  Not for anythin'.  You 'ave to believe me!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

Lyra listened to Skiff and narrowed her eyes listening to him, she didn't say anything while he was talking. When he was done she sucked in taking a deep breath, the deep inhale kept her calm but it hurt her side and she winced. That was when she spoke.

"I would have died instead of doing that. My pack was attacked by vampires when a newly joined wolf killed live stock, people and vampires. My alpha died. He could have done what you did but instead he died. The alpha female had to carry on the pack alone. So I would have died. I am sorry they kicked you out but I don't agree with what you did. I do believe you."

She said moving to be against the walls to lean back against the walls. She looked at both males and sighed lightly pulling her knees up to her chest and resting her head on her knee caps. She would so much rather be having a bath and a nice bed instead of a den like this. Yeah she was spoiled and her human side loved the 'human' things she did while her wolf was pure wild.

JackieCat

Skiff bit his lip.  "But dead I would be no use to my pack," he said. "By lying to them, I would have been able to escape, and help fight in the battles we knew would come.  I did not betray my pack.  I would have been able to help them if they hadn't judged so harshly. . ." he trailed off, and said no more.

"Perhaps we should eat," Nox said, trying to add a little cheer to the gloomy atmosphere. "Cooked or raw?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

Lyra didn't say anything, she wasn't sure what to say. Yes Skiff had a point but she still didn't see how one could do that so freely. She sighed again and wrapped her arms around her knees only to let go a few moments later from the pain radiating through her side.

"You two eat first. I'll have what's left over."

Usually Alpha's went first but they were a small pack and Lyra ate not that long ago so she wasn't hungry yet and she wanted to make sure both males had full and happy bellies before she touched anything. Her mind was going a mile a minute while she sat there,

"If we are a family, a pack. We need a name....any ideas?"

She asked.

JackieCat

Nox shook his head. "We'll all eat," he said. "We all need all the strength we can get."

He put a hand on Lyra's shoulder. "Don't worry," he said, and frowned when she mentioned a name. "I don't know," he said. "My pack's name was Dusk River."

"And mine was Nighthollow," Skiff said hesitantly, not sure if his input would be appreciated.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

Lyra sighed and rolled her eyes, she really wasn't hungry and the only real reason why she wasn't arguing was because she was tired from that days events, she did need her strength and the more energy and strength she had, the faster she could heal. She looked at Nox and smiled looking down. What was that she was feeling? She felt like she had butterflies in her tummy. Maybe she was actually hungry......or maybe.....? The subject of the pack name over took her other thoughts,

"Hmmm..."

She said thinking.

"NightRiver Haven?"

She purposed.

"It's a mix of all of our pack names."

She said with a bright smile.

"I'd like my meat cooked just a little."

She added with a light giggle, she was already feeling a bit better. Lyra always sprung back quickly from whatever life threw at her. If she was down for an extended amount of time, something big must have happened.

JackieCat

Skiff sighed, seemly relieved that Lyra was happier now, and Nox too felt a warmth upon seeing her smile, but perhaps it was a little different. . .

He didn't get to finish his thought as Lyra spoke, NightRiver Haven. . . he smiled. "I like that," he said, and he then looked to Skiff.  "Now that the other wolves are gone, would you go out to get some wood for a fire?"  the other shifter nodded and walked out, returning a few minutes later with a armful of wood.

By now, Nox had gotten out his knife and had brought the deer outside to butcher it.  Skiff made a small fire near the entrance of the den, so that it could be inside but would let the smoke out.

"I think NightRiver Haven's good as well," Skiff said as he tended the fire. "Should we stick with it?"

"I think so," Nox said, and looked to Lyra for confirmation, after all, she was the Alpha and had come up with the name.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

With a slight yawn she smiled as Nox liked the pack name idea and watched Skiff leave to grab firewood. When he came back and started the fire, Lyra would move closer to the warmth before leaning back against the wall and smiled as Skiff also like the name idea and nodded,

"Yeah we can stick with that."

She said in a happy and sleepy tone,

"Where do we head after this?"

She asked watching the fire grow and made a mental note to put it out before night fall so no groups of wolves surrounded them, she didn't want another encounter today - but would handle it if they where 'lucky' enough to meet more packs. Hopefully all of them were not as rude as the last pack they met. Thinking back on it, the she wolf wold scoff quietly and roll her eyes shaking her head.

JackieCat

Nox shrugged. "I don't know," he said, continuing to butcher the deer.  "Are there any more loners around here, Skiff?"

The smaller man nodded. "I know a few," he said. "And meet up with 'em sometimes, but I don't know where any of 'em are now."

Nox instructed Skiff to put a spit over the fire, which on Nox put a few pieces of the meat.  "Well, despite all that happened," Nox chuckled. "At least we got some good food!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arianna Anderson

Lyra listened to the two talk about loners, finding them and food before she would smile and nod her eyes closed. Her injury was healing thanks to her faster rate of healing but she did need to sleep. So she fell into a deep sleep laying next to the fire with her pack

- A few hours later-

The moon was high in the sky when Lyra awoke. She stretched and noticed that her wound was closed and just sore now. She would get up and move out of the cave to get some fresh air and stretch her legs. She inhaled deeply taking in the scents around her and moved on taking a short walk.