Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What The Night Brings [Zack]

Started by CalamityMei, September 14, 2014, 12:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalamityMei

The feel of his face sent electric through her fingers, she saw through touch and even though the darkness was added exciting element, so was this, maybe they intended for this. She felt a little overdressed with hers still on, the mask now becoming very irritating and at his compliment she felt herself smiling, the words allowing the sides of her mouth to tug upwards.

"Ah, I wouldn't be too surprised if I were you." She chuckled as he pulled her closer, her fingers wrapping behind her head to undo the straps holding her mask in place, she let it fall to the floor with a small click, no pockets to keep it to her.

"I have a feeling you're the curious type..." She felt like she was close to him, so close that when she spoke he could probably feel her breath upon his skin, her touch was delicate and now that her face was exposed, she found herself guiding his hand to her face. "I take that back, in fact I know you're the curious type, otherwise you wouldn't have come here tonight." Despite the darkness blurring all features she couldn't help but smirk, slowly she was breaking him down, finding out his persona and the way he looked. So far, she liked what she 'saw'.

Zack

Schlagen was growing restless in the dark room.

Though he could feel April's breath on his face (which pleasantly smelled of the wine they had been drinking), he still could not see her clearly and the darkness was quickly wearing out its' novelty. He smiled at her words, her observant nature being evident as she dressed his personality down with ease. "Curiosity has always been a trait of mine, I suppose. I'm just glad it hasn't turned out to be a weakness as of yet. Though your own curiosity is apparent, madam."

Peering through the dark, Schlagen thought he could make out the outline of a doorway in a hall not ten feet from where they stood. Taking the initiative, he grasped April's hand and began to walk towards it. "There appears to be some light at the end of this hall, maybe we could find a room and talk about further matters a bit more... privately."

Turning the knob, Schlagen was very pleased to find it was not locked. The room was reasonably spacious and simple in furnishing, but had a nice feeling to it. Adorned with a queen sized bed, two nightstands upon which dimly glowing lanterns and a decanter of wine sat, and a dresser with a vanity mirror on it, the room was clearly one of many set up to pair off the guests visiting the establishment this evening.

Schlagen did not turn around to view April, feeling it was only polite to wait for her go-ahead, and instead uttered "Would you mind staying with me in here, so that we could discuss things further?"

CalamityMei

She followed him into the room, if it weren't for him guiding her along by her hand she would be lost in the darkness, bumping into God only knows what. There was something about the way he said privately that made her insides swell, perhaps it was a simple getting to know her but she knew even that lead to 'other things'.

"Of course, what other things are we to discuss?" She closed the door behind them with a click. The dim glowing lanterns offered silhouetted lighting against cabinets, the bed and themselves. She approached Schlagen now, a hand tenderly touching his arm and her auburn hair almost seemed on fire in the dim lighting.

She knew why she was here and what she were to do tonight, she was here for pure entertainment value as were the other courtesans. Still not having seen his face she grew ever more curious, the masks had been exciting, but this took excitement onto a new level. She waited for him to turn, to face her, to see the face she had been speaking to this whole evening.

Zack

Feeling her hand on his arm, Schlagen turned around to see her, his anticipation getting the better of him. Though he fully expected April to be beautiful, his breath was taken away as he observed that no mask in the world could have done justice to the visage before him. As some sort of unspoken courtesy, Schlagen took the hand from where she had placed it on his arm and tenderly kissed it, this time indulging her with a deep bow so they were eye to eye as his lips touched her skin. "You truly are unparalleled in beauty, madam." Was all he was able to squeak out, a smile playing across his features as he savored the sight of her.

Breaking off the encounter before anything further happened, Schlagen deemed that despite her looks it would be wise to learn more about this woman. He crossed the room to get the decanter of wine, sat upon the bed, patting the empty space next to him as a signal for her to sit, and opened a bottom door in the front of the nightstand to find glasses for their drinks. Much to Schlagen's delight, two fine crystal goblets with ornate swirls of dusted silver and gold sat within the stand. Picking them up with great care, he filled both cups about three quarters of the way with a slow, practiced pour before saying anything more.

"So... I don't even know where to begin." Schlagen let out a nervous chuckle, not wanting to turn the situation awkward. Figuring even a simple question would be better than silence, he blurted out "Do you have any hobbies?". Immediately thinking the question was rather silly, he mentally winced at himself and hoped she wouldn't think ill of him.

CalamityMei

As he looked at her, she too looked at him. She had to say, his looks did indeed catch her breath in her throat making her eyes scan everything from that chiselled jawline (that she has grew to love) to his cerulean eyes. There was something incredibly alluring about him, and she found herself drawn to him, as if she were someone being captured.

At his kiss and his words she offered a thankful smile, her eyes dancing over his form in the dim light. "You are too kind, although I wouldn't say unparalleled." She was being modest now, the exchange between them like electricity, sparking the room with flattery. She looked at him under thick lashes and as he moved signifying for her to sit upon the bed, she did so, with simple grace.

She crossed her legs and leaned back, her nails scraping across the silken fabric of the sheets. As she took her goblet from him, she sipped it with a smile, the wine much more of a finer vintage than what they had been drinking previously. "My hobbies?" She looked at him quizzically, bringing a finger to her mouth in thought as she looked up at the ceiling, more of those ornate swirls in gold embellished over it.

"Well, I don't have many, I guess dancing, but you already knew that." She threw him a playful wink before chuckling. "What about you? I am sure you are far more interesting." She sat straight, drumming her fingers against her goblet in patience, awaiting his answer.

Zack

He took a gulp of wine as they continued their stare down, and made a mental note to get this particular wine delivered to his room when he had clients. Other than the fabulous taste, a slight tingle on the tongue and rush of blood to the head let the male courtesan know that the alcohol content of the beverage was nothing to shake a stick at. Schlagen chuckled a little. "Well, truth be told, I was a carpenter before my current profession. I'm pretty handy with a set of tools, though I'm not quite as in practice as I used to be. I'd have to work some rust off."

He almost reflexively began stretching his back out, rotating his shoulder blades as he felt a ghost of an ache on his back. After a life of hard labor, relaxing made his body sore in a strange way, almost as if his muscles were pleading with him to use them as he once had. Doubtlessly fit and trim to any that set eyes upon him, he was not in the best shape of his life.

Letting his eyes roam across the room (and across her, pausing at her legs several times), Schlagen continued. "I'm sure you weren't born into this either. If it's not too much to ask, do you have any old jobs before your current occupation? I'd hate to pry, but I definitely would remember you if I had met you before. I wouldn't know anything about your past, so we could still be... strangers." He said this last with a smile that held a hint of mischievousness within it, his face making it clear it were something more sensual than charming now.

CalamityMei

She smiled in thought, and listened to his story of his past, and as he reminsced she too could see him picturing everything from the smell of a carpentry to the hard labour that came with it. She noticed how he stretched out, the action almost like something from the past as he remembered and she couldn't help the smile that creeped up onto her lips, as she looked at him with a tender gaze. "You seem to miss it." She too found herself leaning back, more out of relaxation than reminiscing.

"As for I, sorry to disappoint, my past pretty much started with my current profession." April was a closed off person, sure she could flick her hair, bat her eyelashes and let her smile consume another man, but it was all a facade to hide a dark past, something even she tried to forget. She brushed it all of nonchalantly, shrugging her shoulders and chuckling. "My life has always been about what I do as a job, and I ensure you, I am quite good at it." She gave Schlagen that look, she noticed his tone, the way he looked at her, she wasn't stupid, being observant was all part of the trade and if he could play at this game, so could she.

Zack

Finding his glass to be running down, Schlagen made sure to refill his own and to top off hers. "I do miss carpentry, it was... fulfilling work. Not that my current profession isn't, I mean, it's very satisfying. In completely different ways, of course." He ran a hand through his hair and inched closer to her on the bed, their legs almost touching. "Carpentry just had this power to it. It makes you feel strong, like you can rely on yourself to do things. I'm sure tailors and blacksmiths feel the same way when they craft their works." He took a swig of the wine, smacking his lips a little loudly as the alcohol began to effect his actions. He made a little frown for a moment, saying "I really hated making doors, though."

He glanced at her for a moment, then burst out in a little laugh. "Sorry, so sorry. I didn't mean to ramble like that. Mentioning you were good at your job got me to thinking is all. So, umm... ramble to me about something. I hate to be the only talker in a conversation."

As he talked, his arm snaked its way from his side and found its way behind April, circling behind her but not wrapping around her. He wanted to put it on her shoulders, or to play with her hair... but as relaxed and confident as this woman was, was it really okay to just hold her without a go-ahead? Schlagen considered it for all of two seconds before deciding to throw caution to the wind, and wrapped his arm around her shoulders in a tight but painless squeeze.

CalamityMei

She smiled as the vintage in her glass reached the top once again, causing her to sip it impulsively, the rich, fruity flavour tingling her lips. As she listened to him, she found it comforting to know he was passionate about something, carpentry was not a labour to be taken lightly, it meant long days of work and often physically demanding, at that she couldn't help but let her eyes flutter over his frame.

"Perhaps you'll have to show me some time." She smile, placing a hand over his with a reassuring squeeze. She loved ramblings, it made people themselves, got onto more detailed subject, it let her get to know the person. "Hmmm, ramble eh?" Although she wasn't much of a rambled herself, more of a straight to the point type of lady, she racked her brain for a subject to pluck from one of the many.

"So, be honest, what drew you to this party? Most people are here for the same reason." She sipped from her glass, sighing as she leaned back into his arm. "And more importantly, what drew you to me?" She couldn't help but add it in, with a little smirk.

Zack

Schlagen felt a bit panicked for a moment. He couldn't tell her that he was at this party as one of the entertainers the Randy Peach had organized to be present, as that would give away everything and completely destroy the mystique and wonder of the evening. Not one for thinking on his feet, Schlagen wracked his brain for a possible explanation as he hurriedly drank his wine, the alcohol doing very little in the way of helping his thought process.

"Well, you see..." He began, figuring he'd just throw out the first thing that came to mind and trying to make it convincing, "My... father is a... traveling merchant who has business Ketra, which we took care of earlier today. We heard about the masquerade going on tonight and couldn't help but stay an extra evening." Schlagen took another deep gulp of his wine to calm his nerves after the hopefully convincing story, then covered all his bases cleanly. "My father went off with a courtesan an hour or so before I met you, so that's why I was in the room looking lost when you came in."

Smiling down at her, he added, "As for why I was drawn to you, not to be blunt but I think that's readily apparent at this point." He locked eyes with her and stared with intent, the hand placed on her shoulder squeezing lightly and his thumb rubbing her shoulder blade in a slow and methodical massage.

CalamityMei

"I see." The taste of wine grew less noticeable, especially when at the very precipice of her mind was the fact that the methodical motions of his thumb was strangely very relaxing. She found herself arching her back slightly, allowing him access to marvel at the curve. "You have flattered me ample amounts this evening." Long lashes looked at him above the curve of the crystal goblet, the dazzling colour of her eyes flickering against the dim light.

"I'll have to repay you somehow." She was almost toying with him, a careful balance between being alluring and tastefully flirtacious. She liked the conversation, how sentences slowly drew smaller and smaller through the evening until there was nothing left to say apart from two bodies entwined in the nights activities. This wasn't foreign to her, and she could tell nor was it to him, how bold he were to touch her, despite it being cavalier and careful, yet forward.

Her hand gently found his, as her palm caressed his hand and her eyes roamed his body, slowly enough so that he'd notice. "Have you travelled far to be here today? Or a local?" 

Zack

The male courtesan froze up for a moment, combating his drunken state to think of an appropriate response, ironically taking a sip of the strong wine to buy more time. "Well, I did travel far to get here, but as of a couple hours ago I'm an established local." He smiled at her, the rubbing of her shoulder becoming more involved, his entire hand engulfing her slender shoulder and massaging it with a graceful strength born of years of carpentry experience. "I don't flatter you, madam, only speak the truth to you. You don't have to repay me for anything."

Downing his wine, Schlagen decided against drinking for a little while. Though he loved to drink to be more social with his clients, he didn't want to be sloppy with this woman, and he was dangerously close to the point where he'd be making an ass of himself. As it stood, it was impossible for him to keep his eyes off of her face or her body. With a little rush of excitement, he realized that she was stealing a glance or two at him as well, albeit a lot more reserved and slyly than himself.

Ceasing his massage, he wrapped his arm fully around April and shook her lightly to get her attention, locking eyes with her immediately. It was hard not to be pulled in, the pools of darkness with flickering candlelight having a nearly gravitational appeal. Without a thought, Schlagen blurted out, "You're beautiful, you know that?"

CalamityMei

Ahh, so he travelled. Which also meant he may be foreign to the Adelan ways of...seduction. Although, the touch of his hand upon her shoulder suggested otherwise and she round herself slowly being drawn to him, like a moth to a flame.

His sudden words caught her by surprise, a small blush creeping up upon her cheeks. Of course, the action was innate, but the words were not unique to her. Many men had told her of her beauty, the way she presented herself, a strong, effortlessly graceful woman. Being a whore meant one thing, and that was if you didn't look the part, acting the part made it a whole lot more difficult.

"Thank you Schlagen, I have to say, your words drew the breath from me for a second." She spoke after a few creeping seconds something about his faded silhouette rousing something deep within her. She cleared her throat, bringing her hand to her mouth. "I wonder when they plan to light the place up again." She was speaking without thinking, and even though she knew the answer already, it was something to keep the conversation going, something to hear his voice another time.

Zack

Schlagen actually paused for a moment, having been wondering the same thing at the back of his mind. Not that being caught with a woman of such beauty was anything but good, he suddenly remembered that tonight he was supposed to be helping the other new courtesans relight everything in a few hours' time, eliciting a small groan. "Probably in a couple hours." He muttered with a heaviness in his heart.

The weight upon his breast lifted as soon as he looked upon her again. He didn't know what it was, but this woman was something special. It certainly wasn't the drink, he thought to himself, though it would be nice if clients could be half as beautiful as the creature before him whilst he was drunk.

A sudden impulse occurred to him. He knew he shouldn't, but maybe... He knew her reactions fairly well at this point, or he would like to think he did. Why not, what's the worst that could happen?

Craving more than her voice, Schlagen moved in swiftly and placed his lips upon hers, surprisingly tender in relation to the amount he had drank. His hand upon her shoulder clutched lightly so that it felt more like comforting squeezes as opposed to a grip meant to keep her in place, praying that she would reciprocate as a cavalcade of emotions ran through him.

Tags: