Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yyndrad council meeting. Coastal Serendipity Invasion Prelude ||M|| Members only

Started by SilmeriaElemred, November 09, 2015, 12:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

Rain poured hard outside of the large and luxery mansion. Candles and chandeliers gave a warm color to the rooms. Most of them anyway. The mansion and the life the hostess lived for the past several years was nothing but a facade. First, for a place in higher ranked Serendipity nobility. Second, the collection of artifacts which the original lord of this household had in his posession.

Anise, one of the leaders from the Yyndrad guild, married with him, had a son and with that an heir to the household. Waited for him to be old enough and a month ago her husband passed away.

The households servants were replaced by members of the very same guild although they were not killed. Instead they were paid rather royally. After all if they went missing there would be unwanted attention.

Right now though, the house was used to host a guild meeting. It had been a rather long time since one had taken place.

Dinner was served as well. A dish for everyone's personal liking. Even drinks were custom. After all. Several people had been tested on themselves or by themselves. At the least though everyone looked human.

Anise was already in her seat twirling some bloodwine in her glass. A nervous servant beside her.
''Very good.'' Anise said which relieved the servant who bowed.

Ever

He was late. But that was okay. There were many things, it could be said, that Cadogan Abaraxas obsessed over, although that wasn't exactly the word he used, but the point of the matter was that time was not something like blood or magic. It wasn't life-sustaining or in any way important. As a member of a society that could turn back the hands of time itself to turn death into a form of life again, why should time be an issue of worry?

So he cleaned every speck of blood from his laboratory, the sickly sweet smell of a bleaching substance clinging in the air. When all was silver and white again without a hint of crimson, Cadogan pulled off his mask with a small, crooked smile of content. Taking to his separate, personal office of sorts, the work scuffed clothes became a two piece violet suit, a black cravat and tail coat. It had better look as though he had at least made an effort after being so late.

And what better time than being late than to take a test run of a new extracted magic. Teleportation. He found the small, dark cylinder and clicking his fingers sharply, the gold tendrils manifested from the very, very slight crevice and connected to his bare forearm once his sleeved from rolled up to his elbow. Feeling no pain from the high energy, Cadogan inhaled sharply through his teeth, the mental sensation enough for him. Fixing himself, he focused his energy and thoughts on the mansion. He'd been there, one or twice and to his knowledge, that's all you needed. Bathed in light, Cadogan felt his mass, his matter completely dissolve and the speed and rush that followed. Indescribable. Both something very intriguing as it was utterly frustrating.

When he was whole again, Cadogan's heart was thundering, but he betrayed no exhilaration in his expression. He was in the front hall. Some servants jumped at his sudden arrival and he simply caught one with his eye. The small girl did not dare look away. Cadogan raised his eyebrow and scowled very softly, his speech similar, "To Anise. Now." He clicked his tongue, not wasting his breath on too many words for this child. The frightened servant nodded, shaking as she turned and lead him to the dining hall. She curtsied and scurried out, eyes hazed with terrified tears. He smirked. He had to admit. Even he had to blow off steam by playing now and again.

"Apologies for the late arrival, Anise. Work was particularly arduous." he smiled coolly, taking his the seat to your right, fingers gliding to fix any vermilion hairs out of place.

"The opulence is.. Charming if a little, pedestrian."

SilmeriaElemred

''It 's fine.'' Anise replied. ''You are not exactly that late. So you are off the hook. I know how important your research is to you.'' Anise took another sip of her wine. ''Also Helia, grow a bit of spine. You are a part of our guild by blood. No need to be frightened of strong presences.''

''Of c-course mi-lady.'' the servant replied before she bowed politely and left to make sure the rooms for Cadogan and Sophie were in order.

Gradius was at the opposite side of the table and Sophie was present as well. Which meant regarding leaders everyone was here.

''Well then. With everyone here, let's eat and go through the things we need. If you need the help of a servant or one of your direct pupils feel absolutely free to invite them over. The report I can make now though is that me being married off to the former Master of the House was a good succes. A male heir whom is now of age and the collection of artifacts is just astounding. It was exactly what rumours said it was. Of course my late husband sold a few things but we have what we initially wanted now. Gradius can continue his research regarding ascending to become a higher being in this very much unpleasant world.''

Wild

Her dark cloak rustled in the wind as she made her way to the meeting. She stood quietly and listened as the other members of the Order spoke of maiming and torture. This was a part of her life, the only family she had ever known.

Her own specialities were languages and forgotten rites. That was why she was here tonight. There was a slight chance that her knowledge of the now forgotten languages and runes would be needed.

Having spent most of her life busy occupied with her studies, Sophie did not know the other people in this order as much as she knew her beloved books. She was quiet and thoughtful during most of these meetings. Her contribution to the group was the sharing of all the knowledge she learned from deciphering the ancient scrolls.

In return money had never been a problem when she needed to travel to find new scrolls. She had news to share with the group today. In her studies she had found an ancient tome. It had taken almost a year to decipher it, this was how complicated the ancient language was.

But what was revealed in the tome was worth the year of hard work. The tome spoke about an ancient curse, the awakening of a hidden evil - and the first sign was that the sky would be red with blood....

As she entered the room, she saw a young woman standing near Lady Anise. She was also draped in a cloak, but she was very pale. Sophie looked at her, could not remember to have seen her before.

"A new member?" she asked Anise and Gradius as she entered the room, her eyes sparkling with excitement over the find she had discovered in her ancient tome.

SilmeriaElemred

Anise chuckled and looked at the servant who had served her the wine. ''My my Sophie. You do not even gecognise your far away descendants? Ilya still has to prove herself however but I hear regarding assistant work she is one of the best. There is, a new recruit though whom I will introduce now. The one I asked permission for.'' Anise spoke calmly.

''Flavia my dear? You may show yourself and take place at the table.''

Wild

Sophie chuckled with laughter and took a closer look at the young servant. "Ah, Ilya. Now I remember. I guess spending so much of my time with my work really cuts me off from the world. I am glad that my descendant does not bring shame to her family though..."

She nodded when Anise announced the arrival of a new recruit. The recruit had to really be something special when Anise herself had asked permission for her. Sophie wondered what this new recruit could do for their order.

"Of course," she said. "Bring her in please...."

Flavia entered the room when Anise called her name, smiling shyly to those she didn't know already and offering a deep curtsy before she took her place at the table as requested.

Sophie measured the girl. Long, dark hair flowing down her back in curls. Pale skin, sparkling brown eyes, an average and slender body. She seemed to be very young....

"She is pretty of course," Sophie admitted. "But beauty alone is not enough to serve our cause. Can she do something else?"

SilmeriaElemred

''Lady Flavia here, is a vampire. Not only has she provided blood for our order to use, that blood seemed to have been rather useful in multiple researches. Glamour magic. Illusions. Enchantments. Hypnosis. Of course she is still learning but she is certainly promising. Passed the test with flying colors as well. I've been teaching her a bit of magic from my side and she learns quickly.'' Anise assured.

''And of course she is eager in many ways.''

Wild

Sophie studied Flavia with renewed interest when she heard what the girl was and what she could do. A vampire?" she asked. "Not bad. And the skills you speak of can be quite useful to us. What does she ask for in return for her services?"

She was pleased to hear that the new girl had passed the tests with flying colors. If Lady Anise vouched for the girl she could be quite useful. Lady Anise did not guarantee for just anyone, so this girl had to be special.

Her lips curled in a smile when she heard that the girl was eager in many ways. "Eager you say?" she asked. "Just how eager is she? How far is she willing to go?"

Her gaze went from Anise to Gradius and back to Anise again. The two of them were the ones who seemed  most eager to bring young Flavia into the order.

Ever

Cadogan wasn't found of eating, so a simple glass of scarlet wine was given to him. Taking a small cylinder and unscrewing the top with a very... Unnatural precision. As he tilted it up to pour, a thick, darker than crimson liquid oozed out and dropped into his drink. After four or five drops, he carefully it back up, hissing gently through his teeth when he thought he had dropped some. His face did not betray his feeling of genuine relief as he twisted the seal back on and put it back in his coat pocket. Such a simple action drowned out what he deemed an unimportant conversation and introduction in his mind. He only heard what he wanted to hear.

"A vampire with such magic is somewhat beneficial. If ever I take a sample of her blood, I expect the taste to be more than just satisfactory if you've been teaching her, Anise. I have no time to bestow extra magic on a creature who has it already in spades and cannot simply utilize it." He said coolly, not even giving the girl so much as a glance, directing his speech to only Anise as he shook his glass, watching the liquid swirl. He took a small sip. The rich taste of wine mixed with the crisp, sweet flavor of glamour magic. Delicious.

SilmeriaElemred

''We take blood from her on occasion.'' Anise replied. ''It is beneficial. Although it's raw form is not exactly wise to take. But hey. That is what research is for. See what it does, and if it does not have the desired result, we alter it. It is simple as that. The first initial testsubjects showed significant increase of musclestrength but after a few hours their minds became uncontrolable and went berserk. And after that well. Collapsed. Instead of recovering they turned into goo slowly. Fortunatly we are already beyond that point. It could lead to something or nothing. But do not fret. Even if we can not use Lady Flavia's blood for enhancements she can draw truths out of them. Useful to locate artifacts for example of which we know have been in a particular family.''

The servantgirl poured in bloodwine for Flavia. ''Mi-lady, if you wish to feed on blood, we have a fine specimen for you. Do keep in mind he must not survive but he is yours to do with as you please.'' she spoke to Flavia.

''But Sophie, Cadogan, how are your reasearches going? And your preperations for Coastal Serendipity? The dragons are ready. The boneships are tricky but soon perfected.''

Ever

Cadogan frowned at her. He had a mind to tell her that she had no need to explain what was, quite frankly, his field of expertise to him. But he did agree with her nonetheless, so he kept his mouth shut by taking another mouthful of his drink. Tonight was not the night for petty clicks of the tongue on such trivial matters. Especially when a much more pressing matter was at hand.

"Ugh.. It is such a hindrance when test subjects are unable to take the enhancement." Cadogan sighed, half pouting and half smirking. Honestly, thinking back to their pleads and screams did give him a sense of amusement.

Ah finally, the reason he had bothered to leave his lab, "Procedures are in place and progress is being made smoothly and precisely. I've had the opportunity to taste the magic of Coastal Serendipity. Fascinating, honestly. A local with hardly any magic power still had a... Unique flavor. I trust you had some scouts see to the geographical factors, but from what I saw, there is only one route from which any interruptions in the form of reinforcements can strike. If things go to plan, which I know they will, within a few hours the sea will have practically turned red." With particular on his last, somewhat hyperbolic phrase, Cadogan punctuated his speech with a smirk and sip from his glass.

Wild

Flavia, being new in the order didn't say much, She smiled friendly to the other members and listened in on the conversation. She was here to listen and learn. She only spoke when she was spoken to, and she only did what she was told, to not step on anyone's toes.

She was glad to hear that Anise was able to use her blood for something, and she hoped to be able to do more for the order when asked.  She smiled to the servantgirl pouring bloodwine for her, meeting her gaze when she spoke of her wish to feed on blood.

"Thank you, dear," she replied gently. "I am not hungry at the moment, but I will remember your offer for later...."

Sipping her wine, she listened as Cadogan and Sophie spoke of their researches. Sophie listened to Cadogan's information with interest and gave him a glance of appreciation. He had done his task well. Then it was her turn to speak.

"I have deciphered the entire tome," she said, placing the dusty old tome on the desk in front of her for everyone to see.  "It reveals that an ancient evil is hidden in the first City we plan to attack, and it will be awakened again when the sky is red from blood. The humans are hiding another book of spells they will use to turn this evil force against us if we attack their town."

She looked over at Anise when she spoke of the preparations for Coastal Serendipity. "I know that I am no use as a warrior," she admitted. "But I do know how to break the magic spell hiding the other book of spells, and I know what runes to use to get through the protection barrier and steal the book. Please, allow me to go with you and at least get the book for our order. I think we may find many spells inside that could be of use to us."

SilmeriaElemred

''All three of us will be here Sophie. Do what you are good at and we will make sure to cover you. I never cease to be amazed by what you do although I wonder how you increased your knowledge faster then normal lately.'' she did not go further on the matter. She did not know about Jasorus. After all. Any word about him and he would stop giving Sophie any help or knowledge she desired.

''Sophie then can get to the time and be in charge of the magic spells. Cadogan. Gradius should be strong enough to raise a wall of thick dragonbones but it takes a while to cast and it will litterly drain him from everything he has. If you have something temporary regarding the way out, Gradius will have time to cast before everyone escapes our clutches. I will need to cover him though, preferably with a bit of help. It is hard to make bones erupt from the ground and form a wall. I do not mind if some civilians escape. They are useful to carry a message. '' Anise finished her wine and asked the servant for a refill.

''Is there anything the both of you still require?''

Wild

Sophie smiled gratefully when Anise promised that the order would cover her. The order had always covered her. Perhaps that was why she devoted her entire life to them. Everything she did - her entire research - was to help and to be of use to them. She hoped and believed that some of her work had been useful.

A secretive smile appeared on Sophie's face when Anise spoke of how she increased her knowledge faster than normal. Perhaps she would introduce Anise to Jasorus one day - but now was not the time.

She nodded briefly when she was ordered to be in charge of the magic spells and steal the book. She could do this without problems, knowing that the order would kill anyone standing in her path. She perked her ears when Anise spoke of Gradius possibly being drained after raising the wall of thick dragonbones.

"Perhaps he may feel a bit stronger if he drink some of my blood," she offered, knowing that her father was a rare type of demon. "And... perhaps if we mix my blood with the blood of the vampire..." she threw Flavia a glance, "the strength may last for a little while longer?"

Flavia nodded. "I will do anything I can to be of help," she replied humbly. "But since I am new here, just let me know what to do..."

Sophie mused when Anise spoke of anything they still required. "Perhaps one thing, though it has nothing to do with this Invasion," she said. "I need fundings for another expedition to Thanatos. My research have showed that there may be rare, magical artifacts there that may be of use to the Order."

SilmeriaElemred

''Consider the fundings done.'' Anise replied. ''My late 'husband' left enough. Also there were rumours about a so called Sorran dragon being used for harvest in Thanathos. Illegal practises. See what they are up too while you're there and see if you can get any blood, scales or even organs if it is not alive. If it is alive, according to the rumors it is male. I personally am rather curious what happens if he'd make a woman pragnant. It has a human form. Maybe you can take someone with you to try it out. Seeing as I doubt you'd want to be the first to know what happens if things do not go so well.''

She paused. ''Regarding the blood. I recommend testing it on someone first as well. If it indeed strengthens the consumer then it might be an idea to let Gradius take in the blood. Maybe a few days prior of the assault.''

Wild

"Thank you," Sophie replied with a light bow of her head when Anise promised fundings for her new expedition. She could always trust Yyndrad for help when needed.

She listened to Anise's request to find the Sorran dragon, nodding when she was told to get blood, scales or organs if the dragon was dead, or try breeding it with a human female if it was alive. "Of course," she said. "I will be happy to bring with me anyone you want for the eventual breeding. Do we have anyone available here, or should I set up a meeting in the human village where I settle down? I could pass for a matchmaker you know... And I will be happy to record anything that happens and give you full report. Maybe even we could bring the child with us when I return..."

She nodded again when Anise recommended testing the blood on someone before giving it to Gradius. "Of course, I am certain that both Flavia and I will be happy to help," she replied, then turning to Cadogan with a smile. "Perhaps our esteemed Cadogan will be willing to tap the blood for us and perform the tests? I am eager to hear how it turns out, and I am quite certain  Cadogan is qualified enough to do the job."

Ever

The discussion turned to blood, piquing Cadogan's interest and for once, he actually was attentive to what others had to say. Cadogan leaned back, a small almost unsettling smile of amusement and curiosity stretching across his lips, "Mixing magic elements in blood? My studies in that have not proved fruitful as of yet, magic being so unique to the individual that it is hard to find compatibility. It is not as easy as finding the same type as you can with transfusions of blood. " Cadogan mused, more to himself. He had needed sufficient motivation to go back to his research on further enhancement of raw magic itself and this could be it.

Cadogan grimaced, "Ugh, I'd sooner rush my joint research to create offspring with a sample. Huamn breeding is such a messy affair." He stated in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone, sighing and running his finger around the rim of this glass.

He gazed at Sophie, face expressionless bar a small smile. Smile thinking of his research, not of claims he was esteemed. He already knew that. He shrugged, hiding his intention to grin, "It'd be not my pleasure, but my duty and responsibility to partake in such an admittedly intriguing task." He looked to Anise, raising his glass slightly in a motion of 'cheers', "Improvements to the seemingly perfect is how we achieve perfection of course. By any. Means. Necessary." A low, throaty chuckle escaped him as he took an almost triumphant sip.

SilmeriaElemred

''I did not find it that messy, it is just that it takes long.'' Anise replied regarding human pregnancy. Cadogan, surely there will be a difference in actual transfusion and consuming. You all know I've been drinking demonblood on occasion. It had some side effects. Good ones at that.'' she said with a smirk and licked her lips.

''Gradius. Regarding the bone fleet how much more time do you think you need?'' Anise asked.

''At the moment I have managed to make 17 large ships and 53 smaller ones. Still large. They are equipped with siegeweapons and can move over the ocean floor with the speed of a normal surfacewater ship. They are sturdy though but not invincable. It is possible we lose a few if the pirates decide to engage in battle. But with a few more we have enough to cover the entire shore of Coastal Serendipity. We do need to find an alternative for the dragons. With other Yyndrad mages I've restored dragonbones so they have flesh and skin but if Dragonriders from Adela unite and assault us from the sky we will lose that advantage.''

Anise nodded. ''Yes dragonriders could be a potentional problem. Hopefully the Sorran dragon in Thanatos cooperates. A living dragon functions better then an undead one. Regarding the dragon Sophie. I will give you a bottle of succubus pheromones after the meeting. It is still in Hell. Just do not inhale it yourself.''

Wild

Flavia, being a doctor, or rather an unofficial doctor, herself, listened with interest to what they said about blood. She had read of methods that could be used to make transfusions of blood successful. And after she had been turned into a vampire, she had often used her own blood for various tests.

"My experiments has showed that vampire blood can be adjusted to mix with other transfusions of blood," she said humbly, almost apologizing for having to speak in such a noble gathering. "You only need to add a couple drops of vinegar to the mix... I found out this by pure accident..."

Sophie smiled at Cadogan, glad to have his help to perform the task. She was not a doctor or had his knowledge of such experiments, so she would leave all such tasks to him. She was happy to stay focused on her forgotten languages and ancient runes.

"I am glad we have a man like you for this type of tasks," she smiled. "I will be willing to give you a sample of my blood any time you wish, and I am certain that young Flavia will be helpful as well."

Sophie listened to Gradius reporting about his tasks, smiling reassuringly when Anise told her about the Sorran dragon in Thanatos. "Rest assure I know better than to inhale succubus pheromones," she grinned. "I wouldn't dare to think of what would happen if I did - me being part demon and all... No, I will give it to the dragon, and then send the female in his path."

SilmeriaElemred

''Pick out a few. As long as they are expandable or are ambitious enough to fuck a dragon. More then once. It is not like women get pregnant at the first time often. Would they not be able to get pregnant we will just tame the beast.''

''Alright. Sophie, Flavia and Gradius, you will go with Cadogan for the blood. I will get the pheromones. They should be bottled up by now. We will meet at headquarters in what shall we say. Three days? I think that should be enough to determine wether drinking blood or transfusing would have a significant difference. I will check on the mages in charge of the undead army.''

Tags: