Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hell or Highwater [M]

Started by visualspice, March 21, 2014, 11:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She accepted the food with a nod, but didn't move to eat it.
"What about you?" she asked. "Have you gotten a chance to eat?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Um no.  I went looking for you.  Eating was the last thought on my mind," he replied.  "I'm okay though, really."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She gave a sheepish nod and nibbled on some of the bread, going silent and looking again towards the world around them.
"Things seem so strange now.... Back when I was owned by the church.... I always thought I'd just die there, and I'd never see or smell the world again."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"And being here now?  Outside...  What does that make you feel?" he asked with a soft sigh.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She turned to him, smile genuine, but crooked.
"Like I want to cry." Or maybe she would, as her eyes burned with the threat of it.

Lion

"If you must then you must," Merric said.  "Holding it doesn't seemed to have helped much."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She sighed through her nose and smiled up at him before stealing a kiss to his cheek.
"Holding it back over a lot of things never helped. You'd think I'd learn my lesson." And she moved to brush a few tears from her cheek.

Lion

Mercuxio's expression was somber, leaning his head down toward her face, wiping her cheek with a crooked finger.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She released a sigh, and a breathy laugh with it before she turned to Merric and leaned up to softly kiss his lips.

Lion

"We all learn in due time," he murmured, kissing back with soft palpable lips.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She silenced him with a kiss.
"Just kiss me," she whispered, breath tickling against his lips.

Lion

"Is that not what I'm doing right now?"

Mercuxio chuckled, kissing her more.  But only briefly.  "Come now, let's find a warm bed to share.  And maybe some proper food too.  It's already lunch by now."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Sighing, she hugged onto his arm.
"Very well." And as a cool breeze swept between them, she gave one last look over her shoulder before resigning herself to following Merric's lead.

Lion

It took a few hours of travel down the road to find the next settlement.  Taverns were not easy to come by in this part of the country.  But they had little choice but to make due with their surroundings as it were.  It took some gold to rent out a room for the night at the bar where they found themselves.

It was shelter, away from the elements, and the bed was comfortable.  At least it looked that way.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I think I could use a drink."

It was the first thing she said when they found themselves settling in. She raked at her hair, frowning at the knots as she added, "And perhaps a good brush and bath." She turned to Merric and smiled at him and approached his side.

"Are priests allowed to drink?" She hugged his arm and leaned into him. "Because I'd like to get drunk with you."

Lion

Drinking?  He hadn't done that in ages.  To do it here and now, it was a little startling.  But he couldn't think of an excuse not to.

"It's not encouraged in the priesthood no.  But I can make an exception for now I suppose," he said.  "I can't I was ever fond of the practice or...have much of any experience with the nuances."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She laughed, actually laughed at his confession.
"Oh? Then I guess I'm in for a real treat. Come on," she gave his arm a tug. "I'm not much of a drinker myself. Maybe we can make a game of it, to see who can get drunk the fastest?"

Lion

"Do we have to? I really don't want to get sick.  Let's just try a little bit of different drinks," he offered instead.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Oh? And how would we do a game around that?" she countered, her mood a lot more playful than it had been in ages.

Lion

"I guess we'll see who can still stay on their feet afterward?" Merric said, completely out of his element.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn