Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All About Rain [Lion]

Started by Anonymous, November 22, 2010, 10:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

You'll never know what kind of things could happen to you...
It sounded good in the way that good things could happen, and bad in the way that she hated surprises. Evadne released her breath, relieved that Taladan wasn't still mad at her. Or hurt by her. She didn't know which she feared more.

"I'm really not that good of a person," she sighed, looking at her feet again. "And you'll... you'll have to be patient with me. I will try to be... more open towards you, though I really have no idea how. But that's the least you deserve, I think."

Her cheeks were red, and frankly Evadne was surprised she even allowed it to get this far. No one ever saw vulnerability in her, not even her father. Anger, frustration, sarcasm -- that was the mask that everyone could see. Tears, pain and embarrassment were always hidden, but somehow Taladan had seen them all. In one week.

Evadne wiped the wet strands of hair out of her face and shook her head. "I don't... want to go back in there. Thayer might just see fit to rip my head off. I'll see what I can salvage tomorrow, when he's sober."

Carefully, she looked up at Taladan. "You don't have to... take me home. I know this is your kind of thing, so if you want you can just stay. I can see myself home. But if you insist, I'll go tell my father that I'm... that we're leaving."

Her nails dug in her palms. Evadne shook her head, confused by herself. She was making a wondrous mess of things.

Lion

He could do that.  Be as patient as could be.  He didn't know of anyone more patient than he; except maybe a practicing monk.  But there weren't any more of those sitting around meditating.  Bunch of stuffy religious folk, no doubt that needed to toss back a few, smoke a pipe and take a load off their shoulders.

Taladan nodded to her, putting his hand over his heart.  "I promise," he said.  "And I don't think you'll have to worry about Thayer if you decide to go back.  He got carted away by Mr. Scarsly.  I don't think he's in deep trouble or anything.  Chances are they'll let him go when he's sobered up a little more; Scarsly doesn't seem like a bastardly fellow to keep someone like him locked up for longer than necessary."

Taladan walked over to stoop by Romeo, patting the horse that nudged his hand as if searching for a treat.  He wiggled his nostrils then chuffed again.  "I'm sure they can take care of things for a while; I'll come right back anyway.  I'm sure Romeo would like the run, wouldn't you fella?  C'mon I'll tell you're father, just make sure you don't get attacked along the way."  He laughed and started to head back to the tent where Arthur was waiting.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Evadne took a deep breath and nodded, watching until Taladan moved out of view and into the tent. Finally she had room to think again. This didn't mean that she regretted giving in, but when he was close he was not just "around her" in physical form. Every time he was near she felt like she was being submerged in Lake Taladan. And she still hadn't decided whether she liked the swim.

This time, she found that untying Romeo was a lot easier than before. She had pulled on the reins way too much, and made the knot only worse, but with steady fingers it was undone in a few minutes. Soaked to the bone already, Evadne didn't bother wiping the raindrops off the saddle. She'd have to polish it when she got back, to keep it from staining.

Arthur was on the lookout for his daughter, slightly worried about her conversation with Taladan. Quite a risk it was that the bard had taken, but the captain's instinct had told him it would work out for the better. Taladan might be the one who could bring out the best in Evadne, instead of the worst. But of course things had to get really bad to get better. It was why he hadn't intervened in the past week's fights. He wouldn't be the one to hold his hand over Eva's head. She would have to sort it out for herself this time.

When Taladan appeared in the tent again, Arthur left his dance partner alone for a moment and marched towards the bard. "And?" he asked curtly, folding his arms across his chest.

Lion

Taladan approached Arthur straight out of a jog and put his hands up as a form of truce, whatever it was that Arthur had to say to him.  "Don't worry," he started.  "Everything is fine.  She was just a little...shaken up from the whole thing.  She yelled out me a little bit, but I think she took it all rather well after I apologized and explained everything.  I suppose also you'll want an apology too, Arthur, for me kissing your daughter and all without your...well, approval I guess would be the right word.  I'm sorry about that.

"We were just on our way back to the house, she didn't want to stay any longer and I offered to go with her.  I'll be right back though, I don't want to let Mr. Scarsly down after all the trouble he went through to give me this gig.  I tell you it's one of the best I've had in a long time, lovely crowd they all were and.... I think I've said too much already," he said, slowing down, realizing he was talking far too much.  That was a bad habit he'd have to learn to break.

[Bah, sorry for the short post!]

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

[Don't worry about it ;D]

Arthur nodded pensively, stroking his smoothly shaved chin. "Well, frankly," he grumbled while he studied Taladan, "I'm glad someone's pulling her out of the cocoon she's been living in. I think it's because she never really had a mother, and I wasn't really the perfect father, either."

It was probably the beer that enabled this open conversation, Arthur knew. He shook his head, trying to get back to his normal self. Anyone who knew both him and his daughter could immediately see the resemblance in their attitudes, though Evadne's was possibly stronger than Arthur's.

"You'll probably have to be patient with her," he continued, unknowingly echoing his daughter. "I trust that you'll be good to her. Don't force me to rip your head off."

He said it with a small grin around his mouth, but then he became serious again, the twinkle disappearing from his eyes, and with a face with an exemplary icy expression. "Believe me, I can."

Arthur stared at Taladan like that for a couple of seconds, but then he blinked and the fatherly over-protectiveness was gone. "Run along now. Don't keep my daughter waiting."

Lion

Just when he thought he was over the hot coals, he was dragged over them again, the stones scorching his feet.  Goodness, the Gabor family certainly had away with intimidation.  Even though Taladan was sure Arthur was undoubtedly able to take off his head, he wasn't about to test it, and he certainly didn't let it show on his visage.  He merely smiled and nodded with understanding.  "That's a good thing to know, Arthur.  I'm glad you're telling me that.  And you know what, I'm sure Evadne can do just the same if she wanted to."

Taladan sighed an okay and ran off where Evadne was waiting by the horses.  The came back quickly and found that she was already mounted upon her stallion.  He hailed her with a wave.  "You're dad said it was fine.  Let's go."  He untied Arthur's horse and saddled her as he remembered how then climbed onto her with an enthusiastic leap.  "Last one to the house is an ass's  ass!"  And with that took off with a gallop.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Evadne grinned. She was right on top of her game when it came to riding. Besides, Romeo made Emanuelle look like a Shetland pony. The mare would never outrun them. And it wasn't long until Evadne stormed past Taladan, Romeo's hoofs kicking up the dirt behind him, and she was already at the stables and off the horse when Taladan came trudging in.

"I almost lost sight of you," Evadne grinned, patting Romeo's wet neck while she watched the bard. Turning around, she removed the heavy beam that kept the barn doors from opening and led her horse in. She would have to brush him and feed him, but that would come when Taladan had left. When he approached her, she offered a watery smile.

"Uhm... thanks for riding me home. I mean! Driving-- well, taking me home. Thanks for taking me home. Ugh." Her cheeks were flushing and embarrassed, Evadne buried her face in her hands. Of course Taladan had to be the one to hear it. Who else.

Lion

Fuck this slow-assed horse!  Taladan grimaced as he finally came up on to the farm.  Evadne was right about Romeo, but then, he was probably the younger of the two anyway and clearly made to run.  He chuffed through his lips and took her up by the barn, not bothering to dismount before having to go back to the festival.  "You cheated, dammit," he said.  But it wasn't long before all he could do was laugh at the whole situation.

"You ought to think about racing that stallion of yours.  I'm sure you could make more than you do on crops in a year."  He bowed while still up on Emanuelle and steadied her.  "You don't have to be so bashful!  It was just a slip of the tongue.  I'll be off now, take care."  And he rode away.

He returned to the festival and it finished without hitch and soon it came time when Taladan felt it was time to depart from the Gabor home.  He had awakened earlier than usual and had told Arthur the news when the day of the festival was over.  "Well, Arthur, I think it's time for me to make my stay short now.  I've used up your hospitality long enough.  It was nice to have met you and I hope I can return to your village soon."  Taladan did not have a pack with him and was allowed to keep on of the guitars of the band, but whatever things he did bring with him when he was found, he already had with him.  Then an idea struck him.

[Evadne's gonna be pissed!  I mean when she hears what her father has to say]

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

[Lol! It'd be good to know what he's gonna say though xD I was already like "leaving... WHAT?? DON'T YOU DARE!" when you wrote that part. xD]

Evadne watched Taladan until she could no longer see him through the rain curtain and the darkness, the blush on her cheeks slowly diminishing. Feeling oddly small and insignificant, she led Romeo into the barn and took all the riding equipment off him. While she was polishing the leather artefacts, she wondered what the hell Taladan was doing to her, and how on earth he was able to do it at all.

After she had sat still for a while, she realised how cold she really was. Evadne hurried through her work and was grateful for the warmth of the dead fire that had lingered in the living room when she stepped inside. She rekindled the fire to heat water for a bath, and stripped herself of all the soaked clothes. She felt better after the hot bath, smelling like lavender, but she was still determined to be fast asleep before Taladan got back. There had been enough humiliation for one night, and if he knew she was awake he'd unmistakeably be able to confuse her enough to say something stupid again.

Arthur's dance partner had left after he stole a few kisses from her, but the festival was almost over anyway. He was rather surprised when Taladan came to see him and announced he'd be leaving.

"Leaving already? There's no need to, really, you're welcome in my house anytime. I hope you're not leaving because of Evadne. Did she say anything to you?" He already feared his daughter's reaction when Taladan took off just like that, especially since she was just starting to open up to him.

Lion

[Wasn't he going to suggest Evadne go along with him?]

Taladan stayed beside Arthur as he reflected back on his time in the village.  It certainly was a terrific experience and he had a feeling he would start a trend of visiting the smaller establishments and performing there.  He'd never been expected to be treated like a vocal star, for certainly there were lots of bards that made their livings on their ability to perform and bring crowds together, but it was nice to be recognized here and there, to have one's face known enough that people knew they were going to be given a great show.

He'd taken a cup of beer with him and he sipped gently, thinking of what the proper answer to that would be.  Because he was a bard, a part of that in itself required that one could never stay in one place too long.  One had to travel, gain experiences for which to incorporate into the songs that one would perform.  Life was not always about regurgitating the words that others have written, but to write new ones to melodies and bars that were yet to be heard or understood.

"You're talking nonsense, my friend.  She's a very nice person, I believe, even though she obviously doesn't think so.  I'm a bard, traveling is part of my vocation and persona.  I don't suppose you'd make her go with me though, that would be pushing things, wouldn't it?  I'm not leaving because of her, though."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Arthur rubbed his chin in thought, wondering if this was a decision he could make for Evadne. He wasn't at all used to deciding things for her, which might have been the cause of her aversion for being forced into something. Then again, there was no assurance whatsoever that Taladan would return. And if he did, she might have gotten over him, or decided she disliked him nonetheless. And she wouldn't bend anymore then. Arthur knew his daughter well enough. She was like a flower that carefully peeked out at the sun now, afraid of its warmth and light, but once the clouds filled the sky again, she would close up forever.

"Well," Arthur started, "I can think of a couple of things that would convince her to go with you. But I'm afraid she might be horribly unpleasant about that in the beginning, and you would be the one who's stuck with it. The question is if you have the patience and will to put up with it. But I would support her going with you. If she doesn't, I think she might just regret it later on."

Lion

[loved that last sentence to the first paragraph]

"Go with me?  You'd seriously consider telling her that?"  That was all Taladan said as he thought of the possible consequences for such a decision.  Evadne had a way of being more temperamental than he ever thought a woman could be, but then again her father was a military man and was more than likely bring that disciplinary attitude into his household.  He wondered what would have happened if his own father was like that.  No doubt he would have ended up the same way.  After all this consideration, he downed the rest of his beer.  "I don't imagine she would be in a speaking mood with you for quite  a while if you did such a thing.  Even with you being her father and all.

"But I think her finally seeing the world with her own eyes, going places and experiencing them for herself will open doors for her.  Maybe even make her open up a little more.  Maybe I can even teach her to sing, huh?  I'll be honored to take your daughter along with me on my travels.  You have my word that I won't abandon her in some ditch or something," he said jestingly, but one hand over his heart and extended the other for Arthur to shake to show his sincerity.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

[Thanks!]

Arthur shrugged. It was probably odd for Taladan to hear that Evadne was actually quite able to be forced into something. One just had to use the right arguments, and make the right moves. And as her father, he knew exactly what her weak spots were.

"Well, yes," he replied pensively. "I realise it's not exactly normal for a pretty twenty-year-old girl to still be working on her father's land everyday. If she had lived in time she would have been married for a couple of years already. And when I send her with you, she will at least be going out there."

It was weird talking to someone who had an accurate view of his daughter. Arthur felt a little like he was looking in a mirror, talking to himself. The bard seemed to be genuinely interested in Evadne's well-being. He studied Taladan, wondering if he wasn't too old for Evadne, but then again she probably needed someone with a little experience and wisdom to his years. And patience. Loads of patience. And, comparing the two, Taladan had the flexibility and liveliness of a twenty-year-old, and Evadne had the attitude of an old hag who never found true love.

Arthur grinned and forcefully shook Taladan's hand. "I believe you. And I'm quite certain Evadne will handle herself when you do something entirely unacceptable."

He stood up and straightened his clothes. "Well, I shall be going home now... Are you staying the night at the inn, or were you planning on going back with me?"

Lion

Evadne surely was not an ordinary girl.  That made Taladan curious.  Why was it that she'd been so different?  Was it merely the fact that she did not grow up with a mother to help raise her?  Had her father's presence been detrimental to her to wish to open up to the outside world.  No doubt the mind of a child is cultivated by the hand of a parent, into the fashion that that parent sees fit.  Had Taladan been anybody else, he would have understood such a cynical and untrustworthy outlook on life.  But he was not anyone else; he was Taladan Ewing, a bard and entertainer by profession, a human being by heart.  He was not a stone, nor a suit of armor that was hollow on the inside, but the fleshbag of vulnerability.  He was simply Taladan.

Maybe there was more to Evadne than what was currently present on the surface.  Most people could be figured out like that.  Taladan for one, tried not to live with ulterior motives or have it in his mind to bury everything painful that had ever happened to him.  Did Evadne know something about her life that she'd rather have repressed, was there something that Arthur had never told her?  The relationship no doubt was close between them and they were like best friends who just so happened to be fraternal twins.  He doubted that was the literal extense of their relationship, for Arthur was far too  old to be her twin brother.  But the way feelings could be relayed to the other, and understood so clearly puzzled the bard none the wiser.

"I'm glad you understand.  But I'm a man of my word, at least of all things," he replied, taking his hand away, flexing it sorely.  Arthur's years in the military most likely was the cause of that bone-crushing grip.  Maybe Taladan should have rethought his career choice...

"I think I should go back with you.  It's the least I could do with all the help that you gave me and I think it'd be better if I'd be there when you give Evadne the...er, sudden news of her departure."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Arthur chuckled to himself. "No offence, but I think it's better if you make yourself scarce when I tell her. I have some personal things to say to her, anyway." He didn't elaborate further, but instead jerked his head in the direction of the horses and took Taladan along with him.

Half an hour later they arrived at the farmhouse. After stabling the horses, the both of them went inside. "I'll go see if she's still awake," Arthur mused, not needing to name who "she" was. Quietly, he opened the door to Evadne's room and peeked around the corner. "Eva?" he tried, frowning at the darkness. The curtains let through just a tiny bit of light, shining down on the girl in the bed, but for as far as he could tell she wasn't moving. Arthur closed the door again.

"Well," he said, turning to Taladan, "I will tell her tomorrow morning. She's up early every day, so you won't have to delay your journey much."

He took off his coat and pulled the string that held his half long, dark hair together, grey streaks and all. "I'll be turning in. Have a good rest, Taladan."

Lion

Arthur had a point.  Though as stagnant as she was, the exact nature of Evadne's reaction was never a hard one to predict.  She could easily be as put off by the news of his departure as she could be by the news that she was actually going to go along with him.  Either way, he was stuck with her for the duration of their journey together and wherever that led  him, he would have to deal with the consequences of what happened.  She had a way of not being so grumpy when the moment was right.

The captain checked in on his daughter as soon as they arrived and he waited slightly at the corner, peering over his shoulder all the while he called her name.  She didn't stir.  He gave a sigh of relief at that.  Saving the wrath of the harpy for the morrow.  He could deal with that.  And it might give him an excuse to 'make himself scarce' as Arthur had put it.

"Good night, Mr. Gabor," he said, nodding to the man and went into Eva's room as soon as he saw the man vanish into his.  He layed his things down and the instrument all under the borrowed bed and laid down to rest after taking off his shoes.  It had been a long day and as soon as he hit the pillow, he was out.  His body sunk into the mattress and he didn't even bother to remove the covers.  He would deal with the whole Evadne matter in the morning.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

It was indeed early the next morning when Arthur found his daughter in the barn. From the door opening, he watched her care for his cattle, standing there for just a couple of seconds to prepare himself for her wrath. It was not like him to force her into something, but he knew he was doing the right thing. She needed to open her eyes a little more, let the good in too, and not only the bad. Besides that, the only thing that could possibly upset her more was that Taladan would leave without a word and without her. Arthur was already fearing the day he would return after doing that. Evadne would skin him alive.

"Goodmorning," Arthur started after a deep breath, and moved towards her. Evadne seemed unusually cheerful. "Hi dad," she smiled. "Did you have fun last night?"

Arthur nodded. "It's a nice diversion once a year. But I had something to talk to you about."

Evadne sensed the sincerity in his voice and left her work alone for a moment. "Yes?" she asked with a frown, wiping her hands on a ragged cloth. Arthur coughed.

"Taladan is leaving today," he said. With the look on his daughter's face he felt a stone drop in his stomach. It was quiet for the longest moment.

"What was that?" said Evadne then, her face and voice laced with disbelief. Nervously, Arthur fidgeted with the edge of his shirt. "Taladan is leaving today," he repeated, a little louder this time. Evadne gasped for air and clutched her hands around the cloth.

"You cannot be serious," she muttered through clenched teeth. Arthur took a small step back, certain that if it had been Taladan to break the news to her, he would have been turned inside out already. Now that he thought about it, it was ridiculous that he was so... hesitant about this towards her. He lifted his chin and cleared his throat.

"Evadne, you're going with him," he said with a definitive tone to his voice. The girl froze for a moment, and then sent her father a deadly look from beneath her eyebrows. "Oh really?" she said darkly. "And when did I decide this?"

"You didn't," Arthur answered. "I did. Though it was Taladan's idea, of course. He actually wanted to leave last night, but felt bad about not telling you. You need to get out of here, love. There's nothing more for you here than what has been here for the past twenty years. And there is never going to be anything else. Whatever it is that you need, you won't find it on the farm or in this town. And I am not going to let you waste your life living with your old man."

Evadne stared at her father. He never talked this much at once. But she had been falling in and out of surprises about him since Taladan was here. There was something about the bard that seemed to bring about change in people. Brusquely, she turned around and lifted the bucket of oats. "I'm not going," was all she said.

Arthur was quiet for a while. "Alright, fine," he said comfortably, watching Evadne's back relax, and he waited until she turned around. "If you can tell me in all honesty that you would rather have him leave without you, THEN you can stay."

Though Arthur had been almost certain about the way she felt about Taladan, it was still a bluff. Evadne stared at her father, unwillingly seeking for the answer. Holding her breath, she realised she already knew. "That's not fair," she gasped, feeling her world turn upside down for the hundredth time this week. Arthur suppressed a grin and hunched his shoulders. "Better go pack, darling," he said as neutral as possible. "I'll finish up around here."

Evadne felt like she was boiling inside when she marched towards the house. Of course she would find Taladan there, all smug because his plan had worked. He just seemed to love to keep her with her back against the wall. She found him in her room, probably barely awake. She didn't even try to compose herself this time. She pulled an animal skin bag from the closet and started stuffing her clothes and personal items in there.

Lion

Taladan unconsciously wiped sleep drool from his lip and scratched his beard sleepily all the while he started to awake.  His eyes were still closed when he heard a disturbance in the room, but it was not one that he would jump up immediately too.  Even if it was, he would still be less likely to react in defense to a potential house break-in than to celebrate a religious holy day.  He barely stirred as the sounds of a drawer opening and a clothes being shuffled around filled the room.

He was lying on his stomach and his back had become uncomfortably stiff.  Slowly he shifted himself to the edge of the bed, where he sat looking down and trying to recall the night before.  He knew there was a large celebration of some kind.  Lots of laughing, dancing, and his hand hurt but he didn't know from what.  He couldn't have fallen on it.  He would have remembered that.  Oh and Evadne and Arthur were there.  Right?  Too much beer...  Not enough beer.  He barely drank at all, now that he thought about it.  Didn't feel like he had to retch much at all, so obviously he was still very much sober.

When he looked up to see Evadne already packing her things, his discussion with Arthur was not something he immediately recalled.  All he could do give her a friendly greeting and pointed to what she was doing when he next spoke.  "Oh, what are you packing your clothes for, eh?  Are you going on a trip somewhere?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

[You are a cruel, cruel Lion. xD]

Evadne was quite sure that if she could explode, she would have by now. She dropped whatever she was holding and stormed towards Taladan, the only thing withholding her from hitting him right there and then being the fact that he had hit someone for her last night.

"Is this your idea of a joke?" she hissed in face. "Since you proposed the damn trip behind my back, you shouldn't be surprised I'm packing. And just for going behind my back AGAIN, I promise you I will be your worst nightmare."

She turned her back towards him and went back to packing, feeling slightly better now she had gotten that off her chest. Evadne grabbed the rest of her stuff she thought of importance and vanished from the room again with the bag over her shoulder. Luckily, she missed her father who was hiding just behind the door, and who had followed every word of the conversation. Arthur watched her as she left and cringed when the front door almost flew out of its hinges. Sighing, but secretly slightly amused, he went to see if Taladan had acquired any injuries.

"I told you she wouldn't be too happy about it," he said when he confirmed the bard was unharmed, unable to refrain from grinning now. He could only imagine how their journey together would proceed, but it was proving to be most interesting. They would have plenty of fights, really bad ones too, but they'd probably not be able to live without them anyway.

Arthur held up a smaller bag, similar to Evadne's one, and handed it to Taladan. "I thought you could use these," he said. "There are a couple of shirts in there, a pair of pants, and some food for along the way. Don't worry, I don't use those clothes anymore. They were just too small for me, but I'm guessing they'll work for you."

Lion

It would take someone with a special kind of intellect to want to stand around in the middle of a hurricane or perhaps a suicidal bravado to wish to jump inside a volcano or even just a regular idiot with a deathwish.  Taladan would never describe himself as a person with any of these things.  Of course, actions spoke louder than words and though he did not knowingly toss a line to Evadne, she took the bait nonetheless.

In an instant she was on him, scolding him though he could not recollect why. He was surely one to be lightly intimidated.  He didn't like violence.  But in this quick case of fight or flight instance, it was only his half-asleep stupor that prevented his fist from crashing into her face.  All he could do was blink with wide-eyes and mutter his reply.  "O-okay!  Fine.  I don't know what your problem is but fine!"  She was gone before he knew it.

Then Arthur appeared and what he had to say made it all come flooding back.  "Oh, that.  Right.  I didn't know she'd be that mad though.  Good gracious!" He sighed and rubbed his beard.  "Thanks for the supplies Arthur.  I usually travel lightly but this will do.  Thank you.  I suppose I'll be on my way now."  He grabbed up his things as well as the guitar and grabbed the bag.  "It was good to have met you Arthur.  We will meet again soon."  He turned and walked out the door, meeting Evadne outside.  He raised a brow to her and stepped back defensively.  "You ready to go?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn