Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All About Rain [Lion]

Started by Anonymous, November 22, 2010, 10:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Oooh, that's just funny. That's HILARIOUS, Taladan. Evadne's cynicism reached an ultimate high when he asked for his shirt, and wordlessly, she fished it out of the hay in her own stable and threw it at him with as much force as a linen shirt can be thrown. "I think you dropped this, sir," she couldn't help but add.

Without further comments, she marched past him and began filling a couple of empty buckets with food for the animals. When each had its share of oats and water, she pushed Romeo and Emanuelle back in their fresh, clean stalls and leaned against the door. It was only now that she felt how hungry she was. "Well, my friend, I thank you for your help. It was really most helpful and I appreciate it."

Evadne knew she was only able to retain her sarcasm while not looking at Taladan, so she turned around and stroked Romeo's neck while she continued. "I'm quite hungry now, so I am going to get my breakfast. Considering you didn't have to climb out the window, I assume you already had your breakfast?"

[I won't be online tonight for most of the night, I have to babysit. But I will most likely log on after I come back to answer any messages/posts, if that helps (: ]

Lion

He gave her a curious glare.  "Yes, I think I did drop it...  I didn't think it suddenly grew legs and walked away," he said with very light sarcasm.  "Thank you, you're such a dear."  He threw the shirt over his shoulder and let it hang there for a moment before he watched her finish up the task of feeding the animals.  He didn't think it would do to interfere on her moody mantra.  From what he learned, it wasn't good to interrupt any woman's moody mantra.

"You're welcome, Evadne," he said after she thanked him.   But then he stared at her with a cynical grin the one he was starting to become accustomed to wear now and chuckled with the utmost humor.  "So you did climb out the window.  I knew it.  I knew you couldn't have gone out the door.   You're more interesting than I thought you were."  He said nothing more it but just looked at her with a grin before he stalked behind her.

"Yes, I did have my breakfast.  You know, now that I think about it...  Why don't you let me make something for you?  I'm an excellent cook.  You wouldn't know it by the looks of me, but really I am.  Let me try.  What would you like for breakfast?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

For a moment, Evadne considered letting her pride speak and turning him down flat, but then she let her shoulders drop and sigh. She had done enough being angry and frustrated today, and though the frustration would probably continue she held the power to let go of the anger.

"Very well," she said tiredly. "But I want an omelet. A BIG one, with herbs and bacon and cheese." With that, she turned around and left the barn. Taking a hot bath seemed like a good idea to her too, but in all likelihood she would spend more time outside today, in the mud and the rain, so it would be better to leave it for later.

Not at all seeing the necessity to run back to the house, Evadne calmly strolled through the rain, checking if Taladan was closing the barn doors behind him. They would be better off completely locked, to avoid the wind from battering them open, but she might need to be there later. Beneath the edge of the hay-covered roof Evadne squeezed out her hair, waiting for Taladan before she opened the front door. Though it had to be somewhere around nine o'clock already, it still seemed like night-time with the black clouds covering the sky.

"I trust you won't attempt to poison me, Mr Ewing?" Evadne asked over her shoulder while the pair of them entered the house.

Lion

Taladan was happy she wasn't a bitch for half a second.  His grin turned huge on in the inside as well as the outside and he happily put his shirt back on as if in some alternate communicative world, he knew that was probably what she would tell him to do.  He was cooler anyhow and the sweat that form along his forehead was dripping down and eventually tried up.  Wiping along his skin, he pushed his sleeves up, rolling them along the way as he followed her out the barn.

"I'm going to make you the biggest omelet you've ever had in your life!" he yelled across the yard as she walked toward her house.  He closed the barn doors with some effort and locked them as if she didn't need to tell him to.   With that done he jogged to the house and trailed with her into the house.  At her next question, he offered a hearty chortle and shook his head.

"I'll do no such thing, my dear.  And please call me Taladan.  Mr. Ewing was my father's preferred form of address.  Last I checked I was not my father."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

[Chortle? O_o]

Evadne shook her head in a [*hopefully correctly translated*] commiserating way while she moved towards the kitchen, where they seemed to be spending a lot of time, and gestured at some cabinets behind the kitchen counter isle, in which was a sort of oven that could be used as a cooker. "There are supplies in there. You should find everything you need. And feel free to make some for yourself while you're at it. Oh, there are logs next to the fireplace you can use in the oven."

She suspected they would have to be careful with the wood supply from now on. The rain didn't look like it would be stopping any time soon, and the logs that were outside would be damp at the very least, despite the shed they were in. They would be unfit for burning for at least a couple of days, thanks to the leaky roof.

In the mean time, Evadne went on to light some candles to create some more brightness. The windows were small, and the shutters half closed, which made the kitchen dusky. Then she grabbed a stool and went to sit on the other side of the kitchen isle, leaning on the counter with her lower arms, waiting to be impressed.

Lion

[A chortle is a kind of laugh]

She showed him where everything he would need was.  Let's see, large omelet meant lots of eggs, at least  seven...herbs meant basil maybe small pieces of celery...cheese and bacon...  Taladan didn't think she'd want the bacon in the omelet itself.  Buuuut, that would certainly make for an interesting concoction in the near future.  He rubbed his chin while he thought, listening with both ears but lost already in his mind as to how he was to make the most perfect omelet in the world.

He heard shuffling in the background if only faintly due to his currently being lost in thought.  He'd opened the cabinets and took out the necessary tools.  Wooden spatula, pan, large bowl and all the ingredients.  He went to work loading the oven with wooden and waited until it spat up ashes to show that it was hot enough before actually throwing the pan on top of the burner.  With seven cracks, the eggs were broken, their shells fastidiously discarded atop each other.  He began to beat the yolk, mixing it together and the motions he devised sort of sent a rhythm through him and he started to move his hips in a dancing formation.

A tune emerged from his throat in the form of a hum and he mixed in the herbs with a toss after they were cut and whipped them as well.  The pan was sizzling by now and went up in steam as the eggs went into it.  He turned the hum into a whistle, as if he were in his element now.  He grabbed the handle with the nearest rag he found.  Then in went the cheese as he folded the omelet over.  It was slightly tricky as he did so since the omelet was so large, yet he did so with such ease that as if by magic, there appeared on a wooden plate, a golden brown omelet, its edge drooping over the sides of the plate due to its size, and two strips of crispy bacon that had followed the omelet after it was removed.

He spun and served it in front of Evadne after it was done and with it appeared a fork and a knife as if from thin air.  Taladan grinned majestically and bowed.  "Would you like something to drink, madame?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Evadne watched with rising interest at his cooking skills, taking in what he was doing, so that possibly she could try it too one day. To her own discomfort, she felt herself relax. Relaxing was not good. It meant she was easily caught off guard. And when he started moving to his own tune she couldn't help but feel grateful that he had his shirt back on again. She doubted she would have been able to take it right now.

"Thanks," she managed to get out when Taladan placed the huge egg in front of her, complete with the bacon and the necessary cutlery. "Well, it seems I got what I asked," she grinned then, recalling her demand for a BIG omelet. Realising she was still supposed to be mad at him, Evadne quickly let the grin evaporate and took the first bite. "It's very good," she said, glancing at him carefully. "Feel free to make yourself some, too," she added. Suddenly she heard the door open behind her, and she turned half round on her chair to see who it was. There were several people that were allowed to just walk in at any given time, as was usual for life on the farm.

A tan, angular face looked into the kitchen, and a smile appeared on the young man's face. "Ha, Eva!" he said jovially. He had blonde hair and blue eyes, a stark but handsome contrast with his skin. "I hoped I would catch you a moment."

Evadne waved at him, smiling, and left her egg alone for a moment. "Hi Thayer," she greeted back, watching as he carried in four large bottles of milk in a metal rack and placed them next to the kitchen counter. Thayer touched his farmer's hat for a moment in greeting to Taladan, and then turned to Evadne, leaning on the counter next to her.

"I ran into your father on the way here," he told her. "Didn't seem like he was in a very good mood." Evadne grinned. "I didn't think he would be. He'll probably be complaining about his crops dying all day. Frankly I was glad he went out this morning." She deliberately flushed out the biggest reason for that, but Thayer didn't seem to suspect anything.

"That's the benefit of a milk plant," he winked. "Cows can stay inside quite well, and production doesn't necessarily stop, either. Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come with me to the Fall Festival this weekend. It should not be cancelled if it stops raining today or tomorrow."

Evadne hardly even thought about her answer. "Yeah, sure. Should I come to you then?" Thayer stared at her quasi-shocked. "Eva, where did you leave your brain this morning?! I'm coming to pick you up, of course."

She chuckled. "Alright then. I'll see you then?" Thayer nodded and let his hand rest on her shoulder for a moment. "Yep. It's date." Quickly, he escaped from the kitchen, expecting some sort of revenge from Evadne. She grinned and shook her head, turning back to her egg.

Lion

Taladan held his hands behind his back while she was busy sampling the extremely large omelet he'd made for her.  He shook his head when told to make some for himself.  "No, I already ate, thanks.  I don't eat much in the morning anyways, so I'll be fine."  He jumped a little when the other man she'd then called Thayer came into the house.  He had the look of a farmboy, born and raised.  Taladan cocked his head inspectively.  He didn't see too many blond haired, blue-eyed Adelans, but this was a first.  He was interesting to look at, like a jester that wore too much face paint.

He nodded his head and offered a light rhetorical "How do you do?" before simply standing back and watching the quick display of emotions and exchange of words between the two.  When the young man finally left, Taladan couldn't help his knowing grin.   "Hmph!  He's not a gentleman that's for sure.  Doesn't even have the decency to take his hat off in the presence of a lady," he remarked subtly before turning his eyes on her.  "Hahahahahaha....  But you like him don't you?  I saw that look on your face and that faint grinning of your eyes.   Why weren't you the one to ask him to this festival?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Evadne raised her eyebrow while chewing on a piece of bacon. "Well, you might have noticed there are other things on my mind right now. There was not really any room for a happy festival. And no, I don't like him."

She hunched over her egg, eating more quickly now. "I've known him practically my whole life. We grew up making mud pies together. And we do these things sometimes. Or we go out riding." The sound of her and Thayer together sounded absolutely ridiculous to Evadne. Of course, when she reached puberty she had seriously considered the possibility of the two of them together, because well, honestly, she felt they owed it to themselves to see if there could be more, but she never seemed to get past the point of being friendly.

"What about you then, huh? Don't you have some lovely lady waiting for you to come home somewhere?"

Lion

"I seriously doubt that you don't like him.  You gave him the eye.  And you certainly responded to him better than you did to me.  It hardly matters if you grew up together, I think you're sweet on him."  Taladan laughed and took a seat across from her.  He could understand the concept of such a thing occurring between friends.  It happened all the time and far be it from him to thrash down on it.

He sighed at her next question and leaned back in the chair.  "Hardly.  I'm not the marrying kind, really and I can't settle, what with my work and all that.  Of course, that doesn't mean I don't have a few girlfriends here and there; but they're mostly for enjoyment, they not so serious about me, nor I them.  What about you?  You ever have a boyfriend?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Evadne frowned. That was not the kind of question she liked to answer, and neither did she take kindly to his assumptions about her and Thayer. He was way too immature for her. She had never gotten along with men her age. Cutting up the last quarter of her egg, Evadne shrugged. "If that's what you like to believe. And to answer your question; no. I have not had a boyfriend. Not that it's any of your business. I like to stay independent."

After swallowing another piece of egg, she looked up at him. "And how can you know you're not the marrying kind if you've never done it before? Maybe you just haven't found the right person to marry to."

Lion

While Taladan didn't seem to mind answering questions about himself, Evadne seemed a little more uptight about such things, as if he were prying too much.  He had had about enough of that, since if they were going to be friends, being guarded was only going to get in the way of that.  But Taladan kept his cool and leaned upon his arm that he'd propped up on the table.  "It certainly is at least partially my business, where casual conversation is concerned."

"You don't have to be married to know that it isn't for you," he chuckled.  "The point is, I'm kind of like you, independent and I'm not so much the kind to settle down.  To be honest, I'm not actively looking.  But you're probably the kind to want to eventually right?  Usually women your age are already settled with a little one on the way.  Looks like Thayer's been dragging his feet, eh?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Evadne clenched her jaw. He really was determined to push this whole friendship thing to the limit. Somehow he had already forgotten about his promise to take it slow. Apparently his promises weren't worth very much. Without answering, she calmly finished the last of her egg. When she had put her knife and fork neatly on the plate, she looked up at him again.

"First of all," she said quietly, "you are nothing like me. Secondly, I don't plan on settling down just for the sake of settling down. I need to have a seriously good reason for that. Until then, I am perfectly content where I am. Or anywhere, really, but at least I am sure my father will not judge me for it. He has never been married either, so he has no right to judge me.

"And finally," Evadne added after a short pause, "the very last thing I would want are squealing children right now. Maybe some day in the far far future I may get the urge to be a mother, or at least that is what I understand from some women, but it would not be a rational decision. I don't think I'm really the kind of person to raise a child."

Lion

"You take this friendship thing with a vengeance don't you," Taladan said amusedly.  He reached and took her plate from her without another word and strode over to the dish basin.  He started working on scrubbing it clean and turned to look behind him.  "I didn't mean it like that, Evadne.  I meant that we were independent.  Geeze, so sensitive aren't you?  Well, that's okay.  We're all a little too defensive from time to time."

Taladan finished drying the lone plate and utensils before producing a cup from one of the cupboards after some inspecting and going back to the where the rest of the food was, then pulled out a pitcher of a liquid he suspected to be milk and poured it into the cup.  Putting it back, he returned to the table and placed the drink in front of her, bowing yet again, almost with some condescendence.

"I didn't know your father wasn't married.  He seems like a really nice guy when he wants to be.  I'm surprised frankly.  And as for you, I applaud your choice to take your life into your own hands.  I don't see that in many women these days and for that you've earned my respect.  Of course, when it comes to children, that's really a you-don't-know-until-you-try moments.  Even more than marriage.  But when the moment comes, you'll be ready I'm sure."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Evadne tilted her head a little, eyeing Taladan sharply. For once, she found it hard to believe he was not trying to lure her out of her defensive stance. She actually thought that he meant it when he said she'd earned his respect for the choices she made. Slowly, she pulled the cup of milk towards her and lifted it to her mouth to drink from it. So Taladan didn't judge her either. Or if he did it was in a good way. At least he wasn't one of those people that found the idea of a twenty year old unmarried girl perfectly horrid.

"Thank you," she said carefully. Before she had time to say more, the door swung open and a completely drenched Arthur stepped on the mat. "Dad!" Evadne exclaimed happily, glad to be finally relieved of her duty to befriend the humming bard (that sounds an awful lot like humming bird xD). Arthur winked at his daughter and hung his coat on a hook next to the door, where a small pool of water slowly started to form.

"I see the work on the farm has done you no harm, Taladan," he grinned at the guest behind the counter. "Actually, there is something I have for you. I ran into some connections in town."

Evadne looked on as her father produced a parchment envelope from his jacket pocket and handed it to Taladan. She had a hard time ripping her gaze off the paper when Arthur asked for her attention again. "How was everything in the stables? Did Taladan help you okay? You were out early, by the way."

Evadne nodded, keeping her face neutral. "Yes. The chair wasn't all that comfortable. And everything was fine. We were done in no time." Quickly, she turned her gaze back to the letter Taladan had gotten and which he was now reading.

Lion

He was glad he didn't jump this time when Arthur came bursting through the door.  It was as if he sort of half expected it.  The bard cleared his throat and welcomed the Captain home.  "Afternoon Arthur!  That was an awfully fast trip!  Glad to have you back, sir....  Oh?"  Taladan took the piece of parchment curiously in his fingers.  It was roughly rendered and he carefully opened it up before dragging his eyes carefully over the chicken scratch print.

After he was done, he smiled and shrugged negligently.  "Wonderful.  I knew work would find me, but not so quickly," he said.  "Nice man this, er," he looked at the paper, "Oh a Mr. Will Scarsly.  Looks like he heard I was coming into town and hired me for that festival coming up in the next few days though I hope I can sing by then.  With this good news, I'll be out of your hair, Mr. Gabor, in no time.  But, until then, I hope you don't mind if I stay a few more days.  The rain should let up any moment now, surely, and I'll carry my weight around here.  I'm no loafer.  I'll do extra work around to make up for it and pay you for your kindness."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Evadne stared at him, baffled at his impudence to imply he was allowed to stay longer. But what struck her more was her father's reply. "Of course, you're welcome here. I figured this would happen, and so I've arranged for a visitor's bed to arrive when it stops raining. Then perhaps we might see more of you after this." Arthur sent an encouraging grin Taladan's way, and Evadne's mouth fell open. UN-BE-LIEVABLE. With a bang, she set down the cup, spilling milk all over the kitchen counter.

"Well," she said, her blood boiling, "while you two gentlemen tell each other all about that, I am going to make myself scarce as women should when men come together. If you would please excuse me."

Without further delay, she stood up from the stool and marched out of the front door, running towards the fields without bothering to close the door properly.

Arthur watched his daughter's back as she disappeared through the curtain of rain, and arched his eyebrow. "Most interesting," he said while closing the door. He wondered if she really disliked Taladan so much, or if something in particular had happened between them. "Please forgive Eva's behaviour. I'm sure she'll feel better soon. In the mean time, how would you like to help me change her room around? We should make room for the extra bed."

With his experience in the army in which served both men and women, he saw no harm in this. Had he been raised with sisters instead of only brothers, or if only he had been a simple foot soldier instead of a captain with his own residence anywhere he went, he would certainly have thought otherwise.

Lion

When Eva suddenly slammed the cup on the table, spilling the milk in a sufficient puddle, Taladan rolled his eyes curiously over to her and was silent while she made a swift departure.  He liked how she was so easily infuriated all the time, especially when things didn't turn out the way she wanted.  It was so interesting and though Taladan was more than likely to be aloof about such behavior if it was from other people, she only made him want to know more about her.  It was a good thing he'd gotten in good with her father when he had the chance.

"You're excused!" he called out after her with a happy lilt in his voice.  Then turned his attention back to the Captain.  "All is excused, all is forgiven, sir," he nodded.  "Sure I'll help you, but just one moment."  Taladan scooped up the cup and sipped what was left of the milk from there.  "Can't have that go to waste, I think.  C'mon let's get started.  The rain doesn't look like it's going to be staying too long."

Taladan strode down the hall toward that familiar, once vomit-filled room, and allowed Arthur to enter first.  "Alright, well, I suppose you'd want the bed moved first."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Evadne didn't stop running until she had reached the last of the mud filled fields. Then she halted, planting her hands on her knees and catching her breath. With her eyes closed, she just let the rain stream down on her back, welcoming the cleansing. Slowly, still with her eyes closed, she sank through her knees and crouched on the ground, burying her hands in the liquid earth. Only then did her spirits return to normal, inch by inch. Evadne took a deep breath. She hated it when things did not turn out the way she had expected. She hated surprises of any sort. And since Taladan Ewing had been their guest, there had not been a moment without surprise. Evadne knew she was probably overreacting, she knew that Taladan wasn't a bad person at all, and yet he had a way of getting on her nerves. And she also knew she was not at all flexible, which caused the way she reacted to him. He loved life, took it as it came, not at all bothered by change. Evadne, unfortunately, was the opposite. She was not as bad as her father, with his constant need for routine and plans, but she realised that if she didn't take care, she'd become just like that.

Evadne dug her hands deeper into the earth, letting it slip through her fingers, and felt herself becoming calmer while her senses heightened. Slowly, she moved her focus from one part of her body to the other, becoming aware of its position and its contact with the earth beneath her. It was a good way of meditation. The longer she sat there, the lighter it became. Eventually it stopped raining at all, and a strip of blue sky appeared on the horizon. It was then that Evadne looked up, gazing at her surroundings with renewed energy. She stood up from her crouched position, her long black hair sticking to her face, and turned around. Looking at her house, she wondered what would have changed this time when she would go back inside. Not yet, she told herself when she considered going back. Deep inside her she knew she wasn't ready yet, that she wouldn't be able to keep her frustration under control when she would go back now. Instead, she walked back to the barn and rinsed her mud covered hands in a bucket of water before she opened the door. Time to let Romeo stretch his legs.

When Evadne came back several hours later, the sky had cleared up mostly, though there were still some rain-clouds on the horizon. The sun was at about three quarters of its daily path through the sky, and disappeared behind some puffs of white cloud occasionally. And the ride had almost dried Evadne completely. She took care of Romeo, feeling much better when she stepped back inside the living room. To her wonder, she did not find her father and Taladan there. That's weird, she thought, puzzled. She hadn't spotted them anywhere in the fields from her position on Romeo's high back either. Shrugging it off, she filled a large pot with water and hung it over the fireplace. A bath would be a good idea.

She moved towards her own room, which wasn't entirely closed. Evadne pushed open the door, and immediately her heart stood still. The lost inhabitants of the farm were found, as both of them stood with their arms crossed over their chests, looking contently at what appeared to be an entirely new room. Her large bed, which usually stood facing the door, had been placed right beneath the window and against the wall. The table with the ewer and wash cloth had been moved to a couple of inches next to the bed, also against the wall, and instead of just one set of wash equipment, there now were two ewers, two wash cloths, and two bars of soap. On the other side of the table, in the corner, stood a slightly smaller bed than her own, neatly made, and with one of the pillows of Evadne's bed. The folding screen with the wooden bath tub had been moved to the corner directly on the right of the door. The big cupboard was the only thing that hadn't moved.

"You have GOT to be --" Evadne started, feeling the rage build up from inside her. As the two men became aware of her presence, Evadne quickly turned around and leaned against both sides of the door frame with her hands, trying to get herself under control. A myriad of swearing words and insults crossed her mind, but she managed to keep them in by biting her tongue off. After a small minute, she took a deep breath and turned around again.

"If you wouldn't mind leaving the room, I would like to take a bath," Evadne said tonelessly while pushing past Taladan, to open the cupboard for some towels and clean clothes.

Lion

There were several times when Taladan wished he had powers that stemmed beyond his voice.  Though his was a gift that he never abused, being about to rearrange an entire room by hand was something that really ought to be able to be done with nothing more than a snap of one's fingers.  Maybe he would take up some kind of magical telekinesis that some people were willing to teach; he wasn't sure what school of magic that would pertain to however, so the thought of learning something he knew almost nothing about was as thrilling as trying to traverse an unknown land without so much as a map.  Forget about accuracy, even then!  And it was times of trying labor like this, of shifting objects too big for a single man to carry that he was really, really glad that he was a carpenter's son.

Even if he didn't regularly exercise, the furniture still managed to move with better ease than he'd imagined.  First to be moved was the bed, then the tables and when time came for the second, smaller bed to arrive, Taladan was already starting to perspire.  Before long, he thought, Evadne's room would be stuck with the stench of sweaty men.  In a way he felt sorry for the young woman; first there was the vomit that was a complete accident in the first place, then suddenly this.  He wondered then if on some distant world, people had a way of getting rid of unwanted smells, maybe by burning some incense or some kind of mechanical contraption with spinning blades that made air.  But such notions were completely ridiculous and would be a waste of time for anyone.   He'd better bathe the first chance he got if there wasn't anything else to do.

He stood with his hands on his hips, panting, when the entire room was finished to the final detail.  He hoped Evadne wouldn't mind too much, but then again, she seemed to get so easily upset over small things, he doubted that she wouldn't have anything to say about this later on.  Now if only he could get out of there before...

SHIT!

Taladan huffed internally and crossed his arms over his chest while he turned to her and tilted his head teasingly.  "Of course you can.  Be my guest.  This is your room too, you know," he said.  And walked away from her, nudging her shoulder as he did so, and through the door, closing it gracefully.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn