Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dying of the Light

Started by Lion, June 17, 2013, 12:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Castor did not fear the wrath of her dragon, no matter the tone or growl she had set upon him.  He had a task at hand, and had greater things to focus on than the trifling dragon.  He could tear him apart with ease if he wanted, but at the moment the reptile was lucky.  He was too tired to do anything at the moment at least.

"Yes, the heart of the mountain.  If I don't retrieve it, all could surely be lost.  But....I can't do it alone.  the mountain is difficult to navigate, and the Heart is deep inside."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Stormphrax

"All could be lost," Martha echoed.

She wasn't stupid, and she could see that he was angling for help - at least that was what it looked like - but it did sound important. All what could be lost?

She did not really trust Castor - she would have been a fool to trust him. On the other hand though she had Valinor with her, which always gave her a certain feeling of invulnerability. It occurred to her that if the Heart of the Mountain was some powerful artifact it might do for someone more reliable than Castor to be around when it was found. If nothing else she and Valinor could neutralise Castor if he became a threat. The pair of them were more than a match for the man, she thought.

So with a fairly mixed intentions and a certain amount of hubris she said:

"Valinor and I will help you if we can, traveller."

Lion

Castor visibly relaxed, though some part of his visage remained wary.  He couldn't blame her for erring on the side of caution, he would have done the same if their positions were reversed.  He eased considerably and nodded to the pair.  "I do not know what to think.  My life has not always given me great fortune and forgive me if I am skeptical at your offer of aid.  My quest is of great importance.  What could you do to help me?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown