Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Invisable traces of those you love (thoth)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, October 22, 2014, 10:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

Shanodin smiled and gently patted Alice on the head before she started to tickle the girl. ''We still have those fish. Shall we eat those before I fly us to the cave? Or want to go to the cave right away'' she did not stop tickling and cuddling the girl yet though and eventually picked her up. Placing her forhead against Alice's with a smile before kissing the girls both cheeks.

Thoth

Alice smiled at having her head patted, and when Shanodin began to tickle her, she naturally began to laugh, welcoming the sensation, "Hee hee haha, that tickles Mommy!..." She then sat and listened as Shanodin suggested two courses of action for them, those being either eating the fish she had caught, or alternatively going to the cave right away. Alice continued to laugh as Shanodin tickled her, but once she stopped upon picking her up and placing her against her forehead, Alice responded, "Silly Mommy, did you forget already? I told you, today is for you, so you get to decide what we do."

SilmeriaElemred

Shanodin smiled and nuzzled Alice.''Then we will eat the fish at the cave. It should be safe too so we can relax without having to worry about things for a while. And mommy will take on the advice to rest so she can get rid of the last traces of foul energy from the magic.'' She got on her feet still holding aluce twirling around a few times with the girl in her arms before puting her down and morhped to her griffin form.

Thoth

Hearing Shanodin respond to her reminder, Alice smiled and nodded to her dear, dear mother. Truly, she would do anything for Shanodin, and as this fact remained at the fore of her mind, a conclusion drawn from it, one she imagined that Shanodin could actually very likely take offense to, but still, as she saw it, it was an issue that the two of them would have to address sooner or later, and Alice, never one to put off such a problem, decided after steeling herself mentally to mention it, "You know Mommy...lately I can't help but notice, that actually, if you really think about it...as much as I know you'll hate to hear me say this, in many ways our relationship is still quite similar to the one we would have had if you had accepted my original request to be my Mistress...at least, in terms of the functionality of it. I mean, I am completely devoted to you in much that same way, and would even...give my life for you if I felt it was necessary.

Still, at the same time, those similarities aren't really derived from anything you've done...well, besides giving me every reason to show you that level of devotion as you have...what I mean is, I think when I first asked you that, you assumed that it would involve what you were used to with Gradius, you know, force and domination and all that...but really, perhaps the one big difference between the two which sets them apart is that I was never forced to do any of those things. I have devoted myself to you of my own free will, because it is what I myself truly want to do, because...every single action you have taken since the very moment I met you has only served to prove to me that you completely and absolutely deserve it."

Alice turned away and looked up at the mountains where she knew the hidden village they were heading for lied, and as she did, almost seemed to be spacing out, becoming deeply engrossed in her own thoughts, "I've been giving this a lot of thought. I won't ask you that again as I know you would never be comfortable with it, but...one thought that has also been quite prevalent in my mind is...I know the man we are going to see. I remember my time being enslaved to him, and...to tell you the honest truth, in many ways he was a lot like Gradius was, so...I can't help but wonder if my parents are even still alive. If we end up getting to the village and it turns out he played some hand in their deaths, I...I don't know what I'd do. Still, the possibility is never far from my mind, and as we get ever closer to that place, I find it increasingly difficult to keep it out of my thoughts. And if it is true, then...you will be the only person I'll have to rely on...I guess we'll find out the truth of the matter soon, and one way or the other...we'll just have to find for ourselves what the proper path to take from then on is, whether I manage to reunite with them, or discover that I have arrived too late."

SilmeriaElemred

Finding it hard to speak in griffin form Shanodin morphed back and gently wrapped her arms around Alice. ''It has been on mommy's mind too. And I do not know what I would do either. As for not accepting Mistress... I simply find it a title as if I am higher then you and I want us to be equal. I devote myself to you as well although I express it a little differently. I do care and love you deeply. Hence I pushed myself so much this far despite mommy's body needs to heal from Gradius' decay magic.'' she kissed Alice's head. ''If in the end we were to late I will see that justice will be put on those who inflicted them harm''

Thoth

Turning back, Alice watched as her mother transformed back into her elf form and then embraced her. Smiling faintly, but with an expression that showed she still felt somewhat forlorn, Alice then returned the embrace as she listened to her mother reply to what she had said. When she was finished, Alice sighed and then responded, "In the end it doesn't really do me any good to worry about it, as until we actually get there I won't know one way or the other and won't be able to do anything about it. On the thing about me calling you Mistress, like I basically said, I already knew you felt that way, so I won't ask it of you again...Mommy, Quicksilver was right you know, you really do need to rest...Whether or not my parents are alive, there is one thing of which I am certain. When we get to the place we are going, we are going to have a battle on our hands, either to rescue my parents or avenge them. Either way, the two of us are going to be fighting the battle of our lives, and this time I doubt we'll be able to just run away."

SilmeriaElemred

''I know.'' Shanodin replied.''mommy will rest.  Make new arrows, and prepare well. Are there still weapons left in the bag?'' They had not retrieved the ones thrown at Gradius and if things would turn out close combat then a bow was useless. Armor would not be unwelcome either.'' Come my sweet little Alice. Lets get to some place safe.'' She morphed to her griffin form again and briefly rubbed her cheek against Alice's.

Thoth

Alice nodded, "Good, I want you to feel better, oh, and yes, I'm sure there are. We had a veritable arsenal of different weapons contained in that bag...In fact, I think there are even still a few of the firearms my old masters stole during our trip to Connolath. Since you're a marksman, you might be interested in those. There should also be plenty of other items...I know my old masters had some armor, and I think there were some old suits of it displayed inside the Palace inside the bag...Most of my master's stuff is just a kind of hodgepodge assembly they threw together...not to mention it was made to be worn by them, who were all large, burly men, so I doubt it would fit you very well...retooling it to fit you would probably take too long. You could try wearing one of the suits displayed in the palace, but again I think those were designed to be worn by men, so I still think they'd be a little big for you. In any case, yes, let's get to the cave, set down the bag and then get inside of it so we can get you some time to recover from your wounds in the spring some more."

When Shanodin nuzzled against Alice, the girl smiled and even let out a light giggle, and then nuzzled Shanodin back, before walking over to her side and climbing up on top of her.

SilmeriaElemred

It was not a long flight but Shanodin did keep as low as possible. Manouvering between the trees swiftly. Out in the open surrounded by the woods was not a good idea. And the sun would soon be gone behind the mountains. The cave was easily found due the help of the map. Outside already were various torn furs, warning signs and bones. The entrance had deep scratch marks too in the hard rock. If she had not known the owner of this cave she would have passed by it for sure.

Still in her griffin form she stepped inside the cave with Alice on her back. Inside it was suprisingly neat. Furs on the ground, several pots, books and empty cages only big enough to put chickens or rabbits in. Also there was a musky scent the wolves had left behind.

It seemed safe enough. In the middle was a circle of stones used to make a fire in in case if would not be possible to make one outside.

Thoth

Alice had morphed into her smaller Nekomata form for riding on top of Shanodin's back. It was considerably smaller than her human one and would therefore be much less of a burden on Shanodin, and she was also covered in fur in that form, and so was able to handle the wind far better from being up high. After they found the cave, Alice walked in and it was then that she finally did something she had been pondering while they were flying to the cave. Reaching for the bag, Alice put her hand into it and gave it the order "retrieve." After a short while, she pulled her hand back out after the item she had requested had been given to her by the bag. Holding it in her hand, the item she had withdrawn was a very small circular metal shield with a semispherical bulge in the center. For those who knew their weaponry, this weapon was recognizable as a buckler, a type of shield.

Approaching Shanodin, Alice held out the weapon to her, "Here Mommy, I want you to have this. I think it will suit you...That type of shield is special in that it can actually be used simultaneously to wielding a bow and arrow, so for an archer like you, it's a good weapon to have...It also helps you punch a lot harder. Anyway, I hope you like it."

SilmeriaElemred

Shanodin morphed back and accepted the shield. She never really heard of a shield she could use at the same time as her bow. She needed line of sight and both hands to fire the bow after all. But it could be usefull if she could get her hands on a sword for sure. She put the shield aside before hugging Alice. ''thank you sweet heart.'' she whispered. She let go aftera short while.

''Despite the armors being made for men perhaps I can use the chainmail and leather pieces from it.'' Chainmail and leather was adjustable. And them being made for men meant she'd only have to cut away or remove some of the rings. It would still not be perfect but good enough. With luck there would perhaps be squire armor too.

Shanodin allowed her head to rest against Alice. Her body ached but since she had kept pushing herself and was used being in a lot of pain to begin with she never gave it a lot of thought. But now, knowing they would be safe here subconsciously allowed her to rest and take it easy. And tend to something she'd perhaps had to days prior.
''Say Alice... shall we warm up those fish?'' she asked.

Thoth

Alice hadn't been lying in what she had told Shanodin. Bucklers were essentially the smallest type of shield in existence, and while one would think this would defeat the purpose of having it at all, as long as the user could move their hand quickly to block any oncoming shots, it usually wasn't an issue. In any case, since the buckler was so small, the user could hold it on the back of their hand while they pulled back the bow for a shot.

When Shanodin hugged her, Alice blushed but quickly hugged her mother back, "You're welcome Mommy, I love you." Then, hearing Shanodin speak about their possibly being something from the armor she could use, Alice nodded, "Oh, okay. As long as you're safe Mommy, that's what matters to me."

On the note about the fish, Alice nodded, "Yeah, okay." Alice reached into the bag once again and gave it the order "retrieve," at which point all four fish were retrieved from within the bag, and Alice pulled them out, still on the long sticks they had been cooked on the first time, "So, how do we do this Mommy?"

SilmeriaElemred

Shanodin put the sticks firmly in the softer soil outside the stone ring. First, we are going to gather some firewood. We can use the heat from the fire to warm the fish up before eating. Perhaps we can get a little more game too. We can dry the fur with the one you got earlier. I could use that to make something good. Also I am going to take a look at the armors. If there is chainmail or squire attire we can adjust and use it.'' She took her bow and quiver from the bag despite Alice would make a better hunter in her cat form. She took two gatherer bags too.''Come lets retrieve and forage some things''

Thoth

Alice sat and listened intently to Shanodin's explanation for what she planned for the two of them to do, and when Shanodin finally stated for the two of them to go and forage for some things, Alice nodded to her, "Alright Mommy, that sounds good." Alice then, simply stood up and followed behind Shanodin, watching to see where she would lead them.

SilmeriaElemred

After a few hours they had enough firewood to last them a few days, a couple more rabbits and an unlucky fawn. Some foraging proved usefull in edible mushrooms, berries, spring onion and carrots.

After their return to the cave Shanodin got a fire going and she could see that some cracks up in the ceiling of the cave allowed the smoke to leave. It was then the woodelf took off most of her garments and fell back into some of the furs that laid there. Her breathing was heavy as the pain seemed to catch up with her more and more but she just needed a good rest. She was simply tired.

Thoth

Alice enjoyed helping out Shanodin with gathering things for them to eat and use, and what's more, just spending time with her in general was pleasant for her. While they were out Alice showed them where she had found the things she herself had gotten when she first went foraging, and as the two of them collected items from the forest, Alice used their valued magic bag to put them inside of it.

When they at last returned to the cave, Shanodin, who had clearly been pushing herself much too hard for her own good. Apparently her treatments inside the healing spring that Alice had been pushing her to take weren't doing enough. The healing spring was after all, relatively slow acting, and probably not as effective or at least as expedient as something like Sanctuary would be, but for the moment it was all they had. After having started the fire for them, Shanodin basically collapsed in front of it, and approaching her, Alice looked at her dearly beloved mother and then sighed, laying down in front of her and hugging her close. As Shanodin seemed to then be falling asleep, Alice simply said to her, "I love you Mommy. Sweet dreams." then going to sleep herself.