Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Tragedy in Clarity (Spicious) (Open by request)

Started by SapphireIceDragon, May 01, 2015, 09:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SapphireIceDragon

Trust the fire and it shall melt the ice... The woman's words came back to Cia's mind, but she pushed them away. No. Maverick had to be different, he had to be. She forced herself to look up at him and grit her teeth.

"Would fire save me from the depths of Hell? Would fire help me on my nearly impossible quest? Would my affections be taken by a flame?" Cia shook her head. "No. I'd expect fire to be like this, but not you."

Arthuriel

The fiend's frown deepened. Was he not fire? He'd spent the last fifty year being tortured with flame and fire till it literally became his flesh. Ash and smoke had all he'd known for  a time longer than his mortal life. For first time, Maverick wondered if he truly had to be that which he was now. Were fiend's even capable of change? He wasn't sure, but Cia seemed to think highly of him.

"I'm sorry," He said at length. "I will try not to let it happen again."

SapphireIceDragon

Cia exhaled in relief, closing her eyes for a moment. A promise. It was solid enough, and she had faith in him. She opened her eyes once more and nodded.

"Thank you," she said softly, taking a small step towards him. He was her first love. Of course there were going to be problems, right? They could make it through. They were strong, after all. Fire and ice. She smiled lopsidedly at the thought. She gently touched his hand and felt heat flare up her arm. "Mistakes happen; it's a part of life."

Arthuriel

"I suppose," Maverick said, gently pulling Cia against him and reveling in the coldness of her body. They were so different, the fiend realized as he stared into her eyes. He put a hand in her blonde hair snaked it around her head and then pulled her into a deep kiss.

If he were honest, the fiend has expected it to be a like a cold flame, but it was more like the wind in winter. He loved the feel of her though, more than he that he could ever love anything.

SapphireIceDragon

Cia let out a small squeak of surprise, not expecting that reaction from him. But then again, he had once said that he was unpredictable. She smiled and closed her eyes. Everything was going to turn out alright. For once, she let go of all of the doubts and worries and troubles in her mind. She put her arms around his neck and shivered at the heat that radiated off of him.

After a moment, she gently pulled away and looked up at him. She looked over his face and his blazing eyes. They were so different, yet they could stay intact when their differences threatened to melt or freeze the other.

Arthuriel

Maverick suddenly spun away with the grace of a dancer.

"How are we to get any information when I'm not allowed in the town?" He said as his small fire dragons appeared, crawling and flying around Cia. They were the fiend, those dragons. It was his way   of staying close to her when he wasn't close to her.