Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Dragon's Best Friend [pookakin]

Started by Codestar7, August 13, 2014, 07:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codestar7

((OOC - @pookakin, I'll start with the thread of the coronation.))

A host of dragons waited, all black, though none as majestic as Ralenth. They awaited the return of their Queen-in-waiting. Felodas did not reply to Sessual, but simply smiled, and looked ahead. He landed on the platform looking over the dragons, and halted. He communicated to Stygia, inviting her to be at Ralenth's side.

Stygia smiled at the offer, and strode over next to Ralenth. She stopped just a few paces short of being neck and neck with her, since she didn't want her own magnificent set of horns to challenge or even overshadow the queen's. Her eyes occasionally drifted towards Felodas, a wry smile on her face, before she went back to observing the crowd of dragons.

The dragon that was head of state shifted into human form, and spoke in the draconian tongue.
"Our queen is no more. But now, a new monarch reigns. Her daughter, Ralenth the Majestic!"
The crowd roared, some threw fire into the air, some shouted in an unintelligible voice. The head of state retrieved a crown from his belt, stepped in front of Ralenth, and bowed.
"Your majesty."
Ralenth nodded, and lowered her head. The black crown fitted her perfectly, and input moulded into her head. This was a sight to see to those younglings in the crowd. It was nothing like anyone had seen before. Felodas glanced at Stygian, to see if that elicited a reaction.

Stygia surveyed the ceremony with an expression that was somewhere between mild amusement and happiness. It was clear that the head of state turning into a human to crown the queen of a dragon civilization perplexed her slightly. Why couldn't they do it as dragons?

Almost as if she had sensed him looking at her, Stygia turned her head to look at Felodas, a predatory yet inviting look in her eyes. She smiled, before redirecting her attention to Ralenth.

'Congratulations on your crown, milady.' she communicated, giving Ralenth a slight bow of her head, and walked back over to Felodas, lying down on her belly next to him. "I suppose this means you'll need a new dragon, Felodas?" She asked him, tail idly swaying behind her.

"Yes, it does. Ralenth has her duties now. she has a kingdom to look after."
Felodas stumbled over to his dragon, with a tear in his eyes.
"I will miss you girl. This is the second dragon I have lost, but this time the pain is less. I will still see you every now and then. I will vist, and I'm sure you will do the same. I now must find a new dragon before I can continue my role as Lord Captain of Dragonriders."
Felodas turned and winked at Stygia, a glint in his open eye. He patted Ralenth on the back, and she bowed to him, kissed him, then turned to her people.

"So," muttered Felodas. "I need a new dragon..."

"That you do, Felodas. That you do." Stygia affirmed him. "In fact, I'm pretty sure you'd need a mount to get back to civilization. These mountains seem remote at best." She added, glancing around before returning her eyes to him. From the saddle on Stygia's back, Seussal keenly observed Ralenth, before turning his head to look at Stygia's. She nodded to him, and the undead knight disappeared in a flash of sickly blue smoke and red light.

Stygia laid down in front of Felodas, stretching her neck. "Allow me to take you back to Adela, Felodas."

Felodas is taken to Adela...

A Dragon's best Friend

Ralenth watched over her bowing subjects, and saw an unfimiliar dragon looming in the sky...

pookakin

Wind nudged Prism through the sky, like a current guiding a fish. These mountains had excellent air, especially higher up. She had had no trouble taking to the sky this day.

She'd come here because she'd grown far too curious about the dragons that lived her. She wasn't even sure what her strain was called. As far as she knew, her the talonful she'd known on her birth island were the only in the world.

But a kind of dragon called the Thunderblacks lived here. And from what she heard, there were a lot of them.

She was a young dragon, yes, but she'd spent far too much of her time away from the world. A few years taking lessons on mathematics and astronomy from humans didn't count. The silly, frail creatures could hardly compare.

As she coasted leisurely on the current, she spotted something incongruous below.

A horde of enormous black dragons, most more than twice her size, gathered below. All of their eyes were fixed on one like them. She was perhaps the most amazing of the bunch. Prism shivered a little in midair. What a gorgeous scale color she had!

She dipped in get a better look. There appeared to be some sort of celebration taking place. A few humans stood about, looking very out of place.

It almost seemed like that majestic dragon was staring at her...

There was no way she was going to pass up this chance to meet such an enormous number of fellow dragons. Quivering with excitement, Prism began to descend in wide loops. She wasn't going to risk diving- it might be taken as an attack, and these huge dragons could squish her like she could a mouse.

Feeling very small, she landed, scattering debris with the rush of her landing. She tried her best not to stop on anyone's tail... although she might have been just a fly to them, in size.

( Sorry that I didn't have her do much besides land. I didn't want to assume what kind of reaction the other dragons might have to a stranger dropping out of the sky.)

Codestar7

{{OOC - The mountains are Thunderblacks, the species of Dragon is Daedrothian Mountain Dragon. Also, I'm making up a species for your dragon as it isn't specified.}}

Ralenth watched the almost beetroot colored dragon descend from the coluds, flying down to an emply are near the back of the crowd. Everyone turned their eyes from the Queen, and to the newcomer, bright eyed and panting.

"Ah." Ralenth sighed. "Who should join us but a Tuor Ocean Dragon. Come, come, to the front. We haven't seen one of your kind here for a while. More suited to water, I thought. Anyway. I am Ralenth the Majectic. Queen of the Daedrothian Mountain Dragons. And these are my people. Welcome to Riccordia, Daedrothian City of Lights!"

Out of the mountains a whole city, lit up with thousands of lights, came into view. The shrouding of the cities was broken when the spell was lifted. Glass building appeared from view, shrouded in vibrant colors from thw lights.

"My kind can morph into humans. This is our haven. Only our race can view Riccordia, unless the Queen sais otherwise. But you are of dragonkin. And I trust you. Welcome."

pookakin

The enormous black dragons turned their gazes on her. Excitement welled in  her limbs- she had to stop her wingtip from quivering.

The majestic dragon, the one who had first noticed her, addressed her from the congregation.

She was being addressed by terms she had never heard - Tuor? It was unfamiliar. How embarrassingly... backwater. Yes, backwater. She didn't know her own species! Tuor Ocean Dragon! Remember that.Hiding her discomfort with some difficulty, Prism tread towards Ralenth with as much dignity as she could muster, bowing when she was respectfully close.

"I, ah- thank you, your majesty," She said, distracted by the sudden appearance of the dragon city. Her worries about lack of education faded as Ralenth addressed her as a fellow dragon.  What a dream! She'd fantasized about meeting others often, but to be welcome with spread wings so easily...

The morphing explained the odd-looking humans scattered about. She'd have to remember to not step on them by accident- it was bad manners to do that to another dragon.

"It's amazing, your majesty," she said, eyes wide, tail flicking. Excitement continued to buzz in her head and body. She didn't want to embarrass herself and fidget like a hatchling in front of royalty, but she was beholden to dragonkind's glory... It was all she could do to not crane her neck and goggle openly.

Codestar7

As Ralenth's coronation was finished, there was to be a ginormous feast of goat, sheep, llama, basilisk, cassowary and even a herd of the rare Cassarati Rhinoceros. Prism was invited by the Queen to join them, and led her to the glass city.

Ralenth morphed into her human form, naked and bare. She quickly got someone to bring her clothes and dressed.

The Queen frowned, scanning the crowd. She would need a maiden to be her lady-in-waiting. Prism could be an option... if she was liked...