Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Don't Be Afraid, I Don't Bite... [Kitty!]

Started by DaGlobster, January 06, 2015, 10:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

The Thunderblacks loomed over Adela, storm clouds swirling on their heights. As they have for all the previous nights, these towering, jagged peaks cast their shadow over Adelan lands, yet, amidst all the chaos raging on their slopes, there was one dragon who was at peace.

Stygia slumbered at the bottom of a pool of thick, glowing green acid. The surface was opaque, in the sense that one couldn't see the bottom of the pool. The pool itself was melted and carved into the stone at the back of a rather deep cave. The mountains rumbled with the violent lightning storm, but inside this cave, it was peaceful, and safe.

For anyone caught on the slopes, actually, this would be the perfect refuge.

Kitty

Adela a land where dragons are welcomed.It was the perfect place to find a solution for her greatest desire. It took her a long time to reach the area but thus far hasn't produced any results. She read through all the public books as well as a couple ones that are suppose to be secret but found no clues. There were many stories of dragons turning into humans and humans turning into dragons though which greatly strengthened her resolve.

Running out of ideas Saphira resorted to more dangerous means. She decided to go search for dragons. Who would know more than them on this matter. Saphira figured nobody. For obvious reasons though it isn't very smart for a human to approach a dragon. Saphira was no regular human though. She had the protection of another dragon so was confident if things got sticky she could get out.

Saphira searched for what seemed like months for just the sight of a dragon but found none. The bad weather was not helping her mood. Speaking of bad weather it was getting worse fast to the point that she was in quite a bit of danger. Luck was on her side though as she found a cave to shelter her from the wrath of nature. Producing a white orb of light from her palm so she could see Saphira went deeper into the cave for no reason other than she was curious what was down it. The orb of light hovered above her open palm as she continued to delve deeper. Luck continued to favor her as she found a large pool of glowing something. Whatever it was it didn't look safe to touch. She instead stood there looking down on it trying to figure out what it was and how it came to be.

DaGlobster

Under the acid, Stygia's eyes opened, scanning the bottom of her pool She felt the presence of another, a human, but...

She carried the scent of a dragon with her, but it was only just a hint. Easy prey for someone like Stygia, especially given the additional powers she had thanks to her marriage to Ardeadai, prince of all demons. As she slowly woke from hibernation, She let out a deep breath, and the bubbles floated up to the surface, disrupting it and allowing Saphira a look into the bottom of the pool.

The acid was still viscious, so all she would really see was a massive black shape, stirring at the bottom of it.

Kitty

Saphira nearly jumped back when the strange pool of liquid came alive. Peering deep into the unknown substance she tried to locate the source of the disturbance. All she could see was a large dark shape down there. "Maybe its a dragon." Saphira thought. No matter how unlikely it might be she had to pursue the possibility. "Hello anything intelligent down there?"

DaGlobster

Acid pool's bubbling intensified, and it really started to froth as Stygia came out of hibernation. It started to splash onto the rims of the pool, and it sizzled and melted the rock it touched, letting Saphira know it was pretty dangerous to stand near to this stuff.

Suddenly, a geyser of the stuff shot up, hitting the cave's ceiling and melting a grand portion of it. Stygia's head slowly lifted up out of the water, her obsidian scales, slender neck, and magnificient horns dripping with acid. Probably, she was the most beautiful dragonness Saphira had ever seen.

Placing her claws on the edge of the pool, Stygia loomed above her, a scowl on her face.

"Who are you, to trespass in my den?"

Kitty

Saphira backed up a safe distance and watched as what she now knew to be acid splashed around and ate away at everything at an alarming speed. The beautiful dragonnes emerged from the acid and addressed her intruder. "My apologizes I wasn't aware you resided here. Though luck has been favoring me as I have been searching for a dragon. If its not a problem for you may I ask a couple question?"

DaGlobster

Stygia regarded the creatu8re before her, a beautiful little human. The kind she usually toyed with. Although she wasn't really in the mood for this, she decided she'd humor her request. Pulling her massive body (Her build was slim and delicate, yet she was gigantic in size) out of the acid, she circled around Saphira, eyes never leaving her.

A few drops of acid leaked from her mouth, burning away the stone they touched. Not to mention she was still coated with the stuff.

"A couple of questions? You'd disturb a dragonness' sleep for a couple of questions?" Stygia's voice was still venomous, and she brought her snout down to within feet of Saphira. Her eyes pierced Saphira, and she smiled, showing her perfectly curved fangs.

"You've got courage, dear girl. Very well, I will humor your questions."

Kitty

The dripping acid everywhere certainly was concerning. The way it ate at everything. If just one drop accidentally landed on her then her day would suddenly get very bad. As a precaution she put a small barrier which lay against her skin like invisible clothing.

Saphira considered defending herself against the dragons lecture but decided not to. Following the lecture the dragon agreed to listen to her question to which Saphira was most joyous about."Thank you!" she said with appreciation.

Now the question was did this dragon like to get to the point or did she like a good story. Saphira decided to do something somewhere in the middle. "I was raised by a dragon and for all my life I wish I had been born one and not a human. I knew my father had the power to turn me into one but he refused to. I've been searching a long time for a way to full fill this but keep turning out empty. So I figured why not ask a dragon they would know more than anyone else in the world right. So I was wondering if perhaps you knew a way I could achieve this?"

DaGlobster

Stygia heard this small girl out, and promptly laughed lightly when she was done. A giggle, something you'd never expect from a dragon of her size and power. She crossed her legs, and laid down, her body surrounding Saphira.

"You, my dear girl, are quite fortunate indeed."

Suddenly, Stygia's shape burst into shadows, whirling and billowing about before the re-condensed into a human form, Stygia's half-dragon form, to be precise. She laid on her side on top of a rock, her wings wrapped around her body to form a dress of sort and hide her immaculate features from Saphira's view.

Passing a hand with scythe-like claws over her gray skin, Stygia beckoned Saphira towards her, her hair a tangle of small, shrieking dragon heads, very much like a medusa.

Kitty

Saphira didn't know what to make of the dragons laughing. At the very least she amused the pretty dragoness so that was good. When the dragon said Saphira was fortunate her hopes soured. Right after the dragoness made a wonderful display of shifting into a humanoid form. "Could you please grace me with knowledge of how I might achieve my wish" Saphira asked excitedly.

DaGlobster

"Oh, it's very hard..." Stygia moaned, pushing herself off the rock and walking towards Saphira. She circled her, eyes peering into Saphira's hypnotically as she giggled. "What are you ready to give?" Stygia asked, placing her hands on Saphira's shoulders, leaning in close to her. "The secrets of turning yourself into a dragon come with a heavy price..."

Kitty

The beautiful dragon lady said it was difficult and moaned emphasizing the point. Saphira didn't care though. She would do anything and travel everywhere to fulfill her whole life's purpose. The dragon lady asked what Saphira was willing to give and she could tell the dragoness had something she wanted in return in mind. What Saphira could possibly do for her that she couldn't do herself Saphira had no clue. "I'm ready to give everything I don't care the price." Saphira said trying to hide the nervousness this dragon was starting to cause her.

DaGlobster

"Everything?" Stygia repeated, and giggled some more. She could smell Saphira's nervousness on her, and she took a few steps away.

"I regret to tell you this, but there's no way to turn yourself into a dragon..." She trailed off, looking off to the side.

"Well, no holy way. Dragons are creatures of the dark, child. Although they can be good, the souls of dragons carry an inherent evil. In order to become one, you need to prove that you are capable of holding this darkness within you."

She slowly passed a claw over Saphira's cheek, not enough to scratch, but just enough so that the edge would threaten to break skin.

"What say you? Do you think you have the darkness within you?"

Kitty

The dragoness's response caused confusion within Saphira. Dragons were inherently evil? But her father was very nice. She would be dead if it wasn't for him. Wait no it suddenly made sense. Why her father wouldn't turn her into a dragon. He didn't want her to have that evil within her. She didn't care though. She already said she wanted to be a dragon no matter the cost. "Yes, I'll do anything." Saphira said more confidently now. "If thats what it takes to be a dragon then thats what I'll become."

DaGlobster

"You're eager, child. I'm sure you'll do just fine," Stygia purred.

Stygia turned away from Saphira, walking away as she swayed her hips.

"Very well. I know a ritual that can give you an alternate dragon form, powerful and everlasting. But... I need you to bring me a dragon. For new life to be given, death must be brought. Balance must be kept."

Kitty

Saphira couldn't believe her ears. She needed to take the life of a dragon to become one herself. Could she really do that, could she really take the life of another dragon. Yes she had to. She couldn't let anything not even other dragons get in the way of becoming one. Saphira also questioned how thats a balance. She is already alive so why would she need to kill something wouldn't that be subtracting one from the balance. Saphira didn't bother arguing it. "But how am I going to capture a dragon. I'm not strong enough not on my own. What about a dragon egg would that count?"

DaGlobster

"You know a dragon. I can smell her on you..." Stygia burred. "An egg will not do. There needs to be blood. The more potent the donor, the better."

Laughing, she shook her head.

"If you're not powerful or resourceful enough to subdue a dragon, then you were never worthy of becoming one. Such a shame, you'll never see your dream come true."

Kitty

Saphira knew what dragon she spoke of but she was appalled at the idea of killing her own father. Luring him here would be easy but no she couldn't do it. That is where she drew the line. Even if it meant finally becoming a dragon she couldn't sacrifice her own father. She owed her life to him. "I'll find a way to lure a dragon in but it might take awhile. Is this where you live and whats your name?"

DaGlobster

"Call me Stygia, dear. I'll be waiting in this cave for you," She said, returning to the rock and draping herself on it. "If you waste my time, though...I'll kill you."

Kitty

That last statement Stygia made was a scary one. It meant she had a time limit and there was no backing out. If she was going to back out she would have to do it now. Saphira couldn't back out though. "Thank you, I'll try not to keep you waiting. My names Saphira by the way." Saphira said before leaving.

(exit)