Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Be or Not to Be

Started by Thoth, March 05, 2015, 04:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thoth

Nearing the palace, Alice took Shanodin's hand, and then placing it on the wall, turned them both intangible before then phasing them inside. Upon coming out on the other side, they found themselves in a long hallway with multiple statues placed on pillars at various points. These statues were extremely realistic, and upon closer inspection, were in fact real people. All of them were young, attractive women, and all of them were completely naked and in positions of either fear or sexual pleasure. Apparently Midas liked to keep a collection of such women in this form when not "using them". In any case, there was a light coming from further down the hall, and noise of what sounded like people talking could be heard.

Still, it wasn't long before one of the guards came walking down the hall. If Alice and Shanodin wanted to maintain their cover, they would have to move quickly and hide.

SilmeriaElemred

The statues actually angered Shanodin deep inside. Making a silent vow to herself to free them when she could.

The guard was in the way and for a moment Shanodin wondered to just started a whole massacre and dye the gold red with their blood. No. That did not sound like her.
The thought stayed though.

''Would it be noticed if we defeat him and me puting on his armor?'' she whispered to Alice. If that could ease their movements here it would be worth a shot.

Thoth

Hearing Shanodin's question, Alice shrugged, "From a distance, maybe, but not up close." Alice said as she then darted across the hall and hid behind one of the statue pillars. Crouching down, Alice watched silently as the guard, who seemed to not really be paying attention, but rather admiring the statues themselves, continued down the hall. Peering over to Shanodin on the other side, Alice waved her over with one hand, while covering her mouth with the other to signal to Shanodin to remain silent, as any noise would quickly alert the rest of the palace's occupants down the hall.

It would be up to Shanodin what they would do next, and her decision would decide both of their fates, and likely those of these women held here as well.

SilmeriaElemred

Even if it was for a little bit, Shanodin would be satisfied. She did hide and the moment the guard passed the corner poison hit him in the form of a simple cloud that seemed to completely petrefy him.

The poison cloud vanished almost as soon as it was there though but Shanodin waited very briefly before aproaching the guard. There was no breath. No heart beat. No single signs that showed the man was  alive.

She stripped the man of his armor and put it on over her own after making sure there was no gold in it.

Unless directed by her hands though the man did not move and still did not fall. Whatever the stuff was, it surely was potent. After making sure it was empty Shanodin hid the body well in a room. ''Let's go Alice.'' Shanodin said when the area was clear and safe to walk.

Thoth

Alice had simply sat back and watched while Shanodin took care of the guard, keeping herself scarce hidden behind the pillar on top of which sat one of the petrified women statues. Still, from her position she still watched Shanodin as she killed the guard, and she had to admit, it did somewhat unnerve her seeing Shanodin behave that way. She remembered back to when Shanodin had warned her that she hoped she wouldn't be afraid of her. When Shanodin had said that Alice had been so sure that she could never actually fear Shanodin, but seeing her now she wasn't quite as confident. Still, Alice didn't say anything on the matter, keeping her feelings to herself, and instead simply nodding to Shanodin's prompting, following behind her.

When the two of them came around the corner, they would see a large number of women, all completely naked save a few pieces of golden jewelry, and strangely, they seemed to be split into two distinct types, those being those who had already been "conditioned" to their new lives, these women all being disturbingly happy, too an extreme excess, with wide smiles on their faces and near constant giggling, and then also those who were still undergoing the conditioning process, which essentially involved heavy usage of bondage, torture, and rape in extreme amounts to the point that the women simply snap under the immense mental strain it puts on their minds, reaching the point where it simply becomes easier to learn to actually accept and even fetishize their pain than continue actually suffering because of it. In this way the women were essentially brainwashed into becoming completely obedient and happy slaves that would never disobey their master's orders, simply because they actually didn't even want to, because they had learned to actually find obedience and pain as pleasurable experiences.

Seeing this sight, with many of the conditioned women even participating heavily in the process of torturing the new initiates, would surely dredge up many old memories of her treatment at the hands of Gradius. For the time being they still had the element of surprise, but it was likely that wouldn't last long. Just like with the guard, it would essentially be up to Shanodin to decide what they were going to do now. Alice sort of hid behind Shanodin's legs, and strangely, it seemed that this sight was also having an excessively adverse effect on her as well, beyond what one would expect. The girl staggered back a few steps after having looked at it all, taking it in, for a few seconds, until she began rocking back and forth, raising up her hand and putting it to her mouth as she seemed to be having some kind of panic attack. The girl put her other hand to her head, which was throbbing with a pounding headache.

SilmeriaElemred

Every statue fueled Shanodin's inner anger even more. Being Gradius' playtoy till recently made more memories stir deep within.

She did notice Alice's condition and stopped briefly after making sure nothing and nobody was near. ''I will not let him get you... I will do everything in my power to prevent that alright?...'' she whispered. It was still sounding as warm and comfortable as before regardless of her anger having reached almost her own limits. The dagger became more and more alluring to use. The venom she used did not nessesarily kill; it was basilisk venom. It would petrify a person for over 72 hours when used in the quantity she had. But not everyone whom it was used on died. Still Shanodin did not care less wether they survived or not.

The armor was not comfortable and she had expected more resistence. Maybe the Master of the House was to confident in his power? She actually hoped he was overconfident.

But their luck did not last. And soon they were met by a group of armed guards with spears.

''Take off that armor and show yourself'' One of them commanded. Wearing slightly different armor then the others so he was most likely their captain.

Shanodin sighed and took off the helmet first. ''Why. Is this not a costume party?'' she asked as she held the helmet behind her back with both hands; one to hold it, the other to empty a vial in it. She did stand protectivly in front of Alice.

Thoth

Alice certainly understood Shanodin's feelings concerning the statues, as she didn't like it either, and pitied the women trapped that way by Midas' magic. In all honesty, she just hoped that she and Shanodin didn't end up sharing their fate, and now, after having come out to see all these slaves in training, she couldn't help but imagine her dear mother Shanodin being put through the same trials they were, something she likely wouldn't be able to withstand.

Listening to Shanodin as she spoke to her, reassuring her that she would protect her, Alice simply nodded, not able to bring herself to actually say anything. Soon though the two of them found themselves surrounded, and Alice, looking on, was quite worried for Shanodin's safety. As the guard captain and Shanodin conversed, Alice tried her hardest to shake herself out of her state of panic, and regain control of herself, continually shaking her head back and forth in an attempt to do this.

Alice, racking her brain for what they could do, then remembered the rings she had bought at the magic store earlier in the day. Focusing, she channeled a small bit of her energy into the one containing the spirit tiger to activate it, which caused the ring to glow, and the tiger to burst forth from the ring. Made of a kind of ethereal blue light, the tiger moved between Shanodin and the guards as it growled at them, raking the ground with its claws in a threatening manner.

SilmeriaElemred

Most guards took back a step and readied their weapons in case the ethereal tiger would attack.

''As if that little illusion is going to do anything. Get them. But do not harm them. They will both make a fine addition to the Master's collection.'' the headguard spoke licking his lips.

''Not interested'' Shanodin replied. ''You may be enjoying it. Seeing all these women like this. I'm sure you all enjoy them as well. I have no intention of becoming like that and if there is something I will be doing today, it is trying to get both the truth for my daughter, and getting these women to safety.'' Shanodin replied fiercely. She was not sure what came over her but she somewhat frightened herself as well. She was never like this before.

But she barely had time to think about her recent and sudden changes as the guards started to charge and attack. It was not that she did not trust the magic Alice had casted though but she did threw the helmet with the basilisk venom towards them. It only hit a few of them but those who got hit petrified on the spot.

Thoth

Contrary to what the Guard Captain had thought, the spirit tiger, while indeed ethereal, was very real, as was clearly evidenced by the fact that the claw racking the tiger was doing to the golden floor was indeed leaving scratch marks in it. When the guards began to advance, Alice looked on, still trying to fully shake herself of her state of panic, and so, finally, she just bolted up and leapt up into the air, grabbing onto Shanodin's back and wrapping her legs around her waist, while holding onto her shoulders with her hands, piggybacking on the woman's back as she then focused as hard as she could, and turned them both intangible to protect them from the guard's assaults.

Meanwhile, the spirit tiger leapt forward and slashed at one of the guards, its claws cleaving right through his steel armor, and then, immediately turning, it swatted another with its long, whip-like tail. Then however, the guards stopped when out from the back of the grand hall, a loud sound of a scepter being tapped against the floor could be heard, and out from the back of the room, a large, portly, bald man appeared, walking down the steps from his position.

Lifting her head from out from behind Shanodin, Alice looked on at him, her eyes growing wide as she gazed upon a man she hadn't seen in such a long time, four years to be exact, "Midas." She whispered.

The man, naked save a loincloth he wore over his nethers, as well as a number of golden jewelry items, began to laugh heartily, "Ho ho ho, Alice my dear, you've come home! I suspected I might see you again...Such a good pet, she knows to come home to her master like a good little girl. Men, stand down, I can take things from here. Girls, this calls for a celebration, my little masterpiece has returned, just like she was trained to do. Let's all give her a warm welcome!"

At this the women all began cheering and giggling loudly, a few of them running over towards them, or really, more skipping merrily, but when they tried to put their hands on Shanodin and Alice, they found they were both still intangible due to Alice's ability. Seeing herself surrounded by these women, Alice both blushed, as well as recoiled into Shanodin's back, burying her face in it, "Mommy, don't let your guard down. Believe me, these women may look harmless, but they're wild, and liable to attack us if we aren't careful."

Midas looked on, smirking, "Ah yes, that fabled Intangibility power of yours. That always was such a problem when I was training you. Well, I know you can't keep that ability of yours up forever, and how it drains you dry to keep it up like you are right now, so I suppose I can just wait it out and then capture you once you've expended your energy. No need to risk hurting you of course."

Alice knew Midas was right, but she hadn't come all this way for nothing, "Where are my parents! And my sister! What have you done with them!"

Still wearing his confidant smirk, Midas stared at Alice for a few seconds before replying, "Oh them...Don't tell me the thought hasn't crossed your mind, my child...You know my habits...I got bored with them after you were gone, so...I sent them out into the country and them had a little hunting game with them where I tracked them down and captured them again...then...I ate them, alive." It was true, Midas was a monster, and a sick, twisted man, who engaged in some very dark delights with his slaves, including cannibalizing them when he got bored of them.

SilmeriaElemred

Shanodin was suprised she felt no fear. Just anger. Midas' words. Had Alice tricked her?

No. It was not the time for that. Even if that were the case and Midas would become her new Master, whatever the reason she felt no fear. Just anger.

Hearing what Midas did to Alice's parents and sister were not helping. Still. Being abused by Gradius so heavily she could care less about what Midas would do to her. She already had been beaten, raped. A target  for experiments of many different calibers. Still. If Alice could be spared from all that, it would be worth it.

''Alice... on my back before you run out of energy.'' Shanodin replied. She would not kill the women. Feeling sorry for them.

Thoth

Although she could hear Shanodin talking physically, Alice didn't mentally register what she had said. Her mind was currently in shock from what Midas had said he had done to her parents and sister. Then, she felt it, the rage, pure, unbridled rage. It consumed her mind completely, but still, in shock, she just heaved over, as she could feel her heart beating faster and faster until finally her pupils dilated, and she lost all sense of reality.

Simply convulsing there on the floor, alice looked as if she was in terrible pain, writhing around on the floor as something was most definitely happening to her. She began to transform, but this wasn't like her usual transformations. Instead of shrinking like she normally did, Alice actually grew in size, her skin being completely covered in black fur, as her two long tails extended out from her body and as she turned into a large, tiger-sized cat creature with bristling fur. Rolling over and standing up, Alice, now completely unrecognizable, inhaled deeply before letting out a deafeningly loud roar straight in Midas' direction.

The girl's mind was lost, and she was now essentially just a bloodthirsty beast, bent on destruction, starting with Midas himself. Even in this form, she didn't show any aggravation towards Shanodin though, but instead just seemed to be ignoring her.

SilmeriaElemred

''A-Alice?...'' Shanodin asked. With the girl no longer touching her though it was possible for the woofelf to be touched again.

Her gaze went to Midas. Gradius had done his fair share of horrible things and both he and midas were horrible.  ''What kind of a sick monster are you... your power is still a curse. It will backfire you know.'' She looked at the women around her. All brainwashed by Midas. She quickly picked up the bag. ''grab and hold.'' she ordered before ropes grabbed all women around her to pull them in. Shanodin was not sure if it was possible but maybe, just maybe she could save each and every one of them. With the women gone she at the least did not have to worry about them being in the way or be used as shields.

Thoth

Alice didn't acknowledge Shanodin at all when she spoke to her. In all honesty, she was acting as if she didn't even notice her existence. In truth she did, and even in her current state, consumed by rage and hatred as she was, she could never harm Shanodin at all, so instead she simply paid her no mind whatsoever, and focused only on those in front of her she whom she could think only of tearing limb from limb. She started with the guards, rushing forward and tearing into them with her claws. Although they were wearing plate armor to protect themselves, Alice used her intangibility to literally pass her enormous paws right through it and rend their flesh from the inside. This was visible as each time her paw left one of them, streams of blood and guts burst out along with it, the guard in question choking up blood and then simply falling down dead immediately.

While a few of them stood and considered trying to attack her for a few seconds, most got the message that they were outmatched and simply turned and ran. Then, suddenly, the floor began to wobble underneath Alice's feat, rising up in globs of gold as it tried to smother and envelop her, but it was no use, she simply passed right through it and came charging forward straight at Midas. The man, who usually liked to only fight from a distance with his powers and then turn people to gold once they were already immobilized, was therefore, a coward when it came to any situation where this strategy failed, and so, squeeling rather pathetically, he too turned and ran, but it was all for nought. Alice was upon him in seconds and with one good bite, She bit down into his neck and literally tore the man's head clean off his shoulders, then plopping down and beginning to literally devour his corpse. Her maw and claws now covered in blood, the girl would surely be unrecognizable to her mother who had loved her so dearly.

Before they had been worried about Alice being afraid of Shanodin, but now the table's seemed to have turned. Alice was the one who had lost any semblance of humanity. Hopefully she could still be brought back to it somehow, surely with Shanodin's help. For the time being, she just sat triumphantly over the mangled corpse of Midas that she was quickly tearing apart, making quick work of the man that had tormented her all those years ago, and now taken any chance of ever seeing her family again away from her.

Meanwhile, the women who Shanodin had pulled into the bag appeared to be safe for the moment, and with Midas and many of the guards dead, the women pulled into the bag, and the guards who hadn't died now having run away, only Shanodin and Alice remained in the palace, which was now quiet save only the quite disturbing sound of flesh being torn from bone and those bones cracking as Alice worked on her meal. What Shanodin would do next would determine the fate of not only Alice, but likely herself, the women she had just saved, and perhaps even this entire village as well.

SilmeriaElemred

''Alice... enough... he is already dead...'' Shanodin said softly and carefully approached Alice.She was not sure what happened to the girl other then she most likely had snapped. But hopefully she could get Alice back to her senses before things got worse. Shanodin did not want to even imagine what would happen if Alice would go outside and start rampading there. There were innocents out there too.

''Come... it's alright let me help you...''

Thoth

When Shanodin spoke to her, Alice raised up her massive head from Midas' mangled corpse and looked at her. Her maw was covered in blood and guts. This was the first time she had acknowledged Shanodin's existence since turning into this beast. Alice stared at Shanodin a few seconds, before looking back down at Midas' corpse, then simply standing up, she pawed it away, sending it tumbling out of the way into a corner.

She then began licking the blood and guts away from her maw, before finally approaching Shanodin when she told her to come. She stayed silent, and simply approached Shanodin, then laying down in front of her. In all honesty, she didn't even know how to change back. She was so worked up from everything that had happened, but it seemed like Shanodin's presence was helping to calm her down somewhat.

SilmeriaElemred

''It is alright now sweety. The bad man is gone...'' Shanodin spoke. It was a horrific sight to say the least. There was blood basicly everywhere and the scent was not exactly pleasant either.

She was not fast regarding aproaching Alice but when she did her hand softly was placed on Alice's head. ''Alice... you can cry if you want too. I cried a lot too after what happened to my kindred. I may never be able to be a perfect mother for you but if you want, I will try. How about we leave this horrible place with all of Midas' victims? And live somewhere safe with all of us. Would you like that?'' she asked as she embraced Alice warmly.

Thoth

Laying there in front of Shanodin, Alice simply listened to Shanodin speak. Slowly but surely, she was calming down, as was evidenced by a number of factors about her body. Her eyes at first were mere slits, but were gradually widening, and her hairs, which at first bristled, standing on end and almost quivering like trees in a harsh wind, were gradually flattening, returning to rest against one another. Tilting her head slightly towards Shanodin as she spoke, Alice paid careful attention to the tone of Shanodin's voice, and from this she could clearly tell how horrified she was at what she had done.

Looking down, Alice was solemn and remorseful. Slowly but surely, her massive body began to shrink, the long fur receding into her body, until she was left naked lying on the floor. Clasping her hands around herself, Alice looked down and away from Shanodin in shame, shuddering as the broiling cocktail of shame, guilt, and remorse overwhelmed her. She couldn't bring herself to even look at Shanodin. Just as Shanodin had said, indeed tears began pouring out of Alice's eyes, as she lay there, quivering on the cold golden floor.

Finally, she just rose up silently, tears still streaming down her face, the girl still shaking terribly, and hearing the tail end of Shanodin's words, she couldn't bring herself to actually reply, at least not verbally. Her only response to Shanodin's querrey was to actually turn away from her. On her hands and knees she slowly crawled towards Shanodin, all the while looking down, not once bringing her face up to meet Shanodin's gaze, until slowly she reached out and grasped the bag by its opening, pulling it wider and then, mentally commanding it to extend ropes to pull her inside. Once inside the bag, Alice slowly descended towards the palace, trusting Shanodin to take care of getting them out of Midas' palace, but still unable to face her out of the overwhelming shame she felt at what she had done.

SilmeriaElemred

''Everything will be ok I promise.'' Shanodin whispered and took the bag. Once more looking at the carnage. It was not like she had kept her own cool and she looked at the dagger Alice had given her. No she could not blame it on the weapon. Petrifying those soldiers was on her.

Rather then leaving right away though she took Midas' head by it's hairs and walked through the hallways. Any guard who would attempt facing her would be offered the same fate but it seemed they had all left now that Midas had died a gruesome death. She had expected more women then those whom had shown up and already been pulled in the bag. She was looking for more.

At least with Midas dead his magic was vanishing too which gave her one less thing to worry about. Hostile or not Shanodin let every victim young and old being taken into the bag but for Alice's safety and their own would not grant them freedom of movement just yet.

Shanodin looked in every room from the mansion from the top to the bottem of the basement. Growing up in mansions at the least gave her an idea of the amount of rooms present and most mansions seemed to have the same layout in some ways.

''Natsumi...'' Shanodin whispered when she had sought through every room with an arrow in her hand. Help me by telling me if I had all slaves in here or not. And if not tell me where others are..'' It was a hunch though but the power of a nymph could actually be a strong one even reduced to a bow and arrows. She placed the tip of the arrow against one of the walls in the hope to get a response.

Thoth

Alice could hear Shanodin's words as she disappeared into the bag, but again, she didn't respond. She couldn't bare the sight of Shanodin's face right now, not because of any dislike for the woman, but rather out of shame because she felt she didn't deserve to be in her presence.

After she disappeared into the bag, Shanodin had then begun to search Midas' palace for any remaining individuals. Unfortunately there weren't any no matter how much she looked around. The guards who had managed to had all fled away from the palace into the village, and if Shanodin listened closely she would be able to hear a good deal of commotion coming from the village, which indicated she likely shouldn't linger around here too much longer.

Still, no matter how much she searched the building, there was simply no one left inside it to find, and when she finally consulted her bow, Natsumi on this same issue, it would, in its own way, indicate that this was indeed true, either by not responding at all, or by communicating to Shanodin in whatever way it was able that she was indeed alone.

SilmeriaElemred

Shanodin took the arrow back. The commotion she heard outside had not exactly gone unnoticed and after quickly storing a variety of items from rooms she passed she decided it was time to leave. Choosing a window large enough for her to fly out off, she morphed and with the bag safely secure around her neck she took flight. At the least it was still dark and people were not exactly looking for a griffin.

Shanodin was not sure where to head next. Sanctuary maybe. She had heard of it's reputation. But decided against it in the end. Nobody else. No possible disturbance for people with bad intentions. She wanted to fix what Midas had done to Alice and everyone else and best was to do that in a place far from where other people lived. A place long known to be gone; her home. It was far away from Gradius but if she needed any supplies it would be possible to go with those Midas had not completely broken and not be gone for to long.