Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dragon Blooded

Started by Jounin64, May 20, 2015, 03:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

Nezhir drags the runaway slave back to their master. "Done, now I expect my reward."

"Here you go." The slaver drops a pouch of coins in Nezhir's hands. "You really do live up to your never fail policy." The slaver compliments. Nezhir ties the pouch to his sarong and nods.

"I don't make promises I can't keep." Nezhir walks out and searches for some new possible bounties until something catches his eyes. Someone posting a bounty fresh for the picking. He walks over to it. Wanted for thievery and resisting punishment dead or alive 10,000 Gold

Below was a depiction of a tan man scrawny with slicked back hair and a goatee and under that it said Ajul Habar estimated whereabouts Southern Adela "Hmm that's a long trek from Essyrn, but worth the money. I just need to contact a few people and I should be there in no time."

Draconian

There were only so many things he could do before he'd have to go on a bigger job. Sure Niaaki could take care of himself but as the eldest of the pair he just felt like he needed to. Not that he felt like he had to. It was a big job and Yuuki had connections. They weren't good connections but, none the less, they were there.

His arms were bare, which was unusual for Yuuki who tried to keep himself covered at all times. If this man was a criminal from Essyrn he'd understand what the tattoos meant. Which could give him the edge. Slap on some rope, drag him for the bounty. Boom done.

Giving his neck a rub and rolling his shoulders, Yuuki hilted the thick blade at his side and sat beside his supposed target. It was a quiet inn, a warm fire crackled and popped in the hearth across from the door. There were a few people, five to be exact, himself included. Yuuki assumed the last three worked here or lived here.

Ah.

There.

Yuuki moved towards the target, making sure to show as much of his arms as possible because while he hated them, they might as well make his job easy. "Hey there friend, I hear you're from Essyrn! My father was Essyrni," Not quite true, but close enough,"I don't meet many up here in Adela. What takes you so far from Home?"

Jounin64

Nezhir glares at the man questioning him. "His hair and and lack of facial hair didn't match, but that can always be changed. His build and age range though was all to close to Ajul's. The tattoos didn't quite make sense because if he resisted arrest they wouldn't have time to tattoo him, but there's still a chance they could've." Nezhir analyzes before responding.

"I am here on my own accord, you see this isn't unnatural for me to be to be out of Essryn, I travel a lot." He shows the possible target his Connloathian pistol. "See? Now the big question is why is a marked criminal out of Essryn."

Draconian

Did this guy just flash a pistol at him?

Yuuki rose an eyebrow, slowly realizing he'd brought a sword to a gun fight.

How did this guy get a gun? "I'm not really sure why that matters to you, why I'm out of Essyrn." He frowned at him, not really interested in getting the down to the whole story. "We're both out of Essyrn, thank the gods for that, right?" He got comfortable again and flagged down a serving girl - the only serving girl - and she shortly brought a mug of ale. "Want one? I'll buy."

Jounin64

Nezhir carefully eyed the man's movement and posture. "This man is either an idiot or a mastermind to act so casually when being hunted." Nezhir thinks then responds.

"Ok I'll have a drink, but I bet I can drink more than you." Nezhir takes out one of his scimitars and points it at the mans throat. "It'd be a shame if you didn't accept the challenge."

Draconian

Yuuki just stared, the look on his face confusion. A gun and scimitars?

"Are you threatening me to buy you more drinks?" He moved the scimitar away from his throat with the back of his hand, giving his new friend a look before chuckling. "Really."

The drinks were put on the table and he nodded towards the one mug in front of the other man. "I mean, sure I'm always up for getting drink, but you've showed me your gun and your blades. I'm a bit of an idiot but I'm not that stupid." Yuuki tipped back his mug and took a deep gulp, "Drink up Princess!"

Jounin64

Nezhir puts the blade back. "I just like people to know how deadly I am...so they know that I call the shots. Isn't that what you tried to do with your tattoos?" Nezhir takes the mug and pretends to drink out of it. "I just have to be patient now once he's drunk I can get some info out of him."

Nezhir stares at the man with a wry smile. "But the differences is my threats aren't for show. Now tell me what's your name?   

Draconian

Yuuki looked at his arms and gave a shrug, giving them another long look. Usually he did his best to avoid having to look at them, this was a different circumstance though. "I generally like to keep how deadly I am to myself." He chuckled, pushing a hand through his hair before taking a swig of his ale.

"I usually don't threaten." He grinned and nodded, "My name is Yuuki. Yourself?"

Jounin64

Nezhir nods at that response while thinking about his answer. He may be lying about his name or this really isn't Ajul. He pretends to take another drink

"I can respect that, don't play all your cards at once, but striking fear in your opponent can work just as well." A malicious smile spreads across his face. "My name Is Nezhir"

Draconian

Yuuki laughed, "Is this your first time on a mark?" Because why else would this guy be here? He didnt' look like the sketch and he knew what the tattoos were, "You don't strike fear. You get them close, get them to like you. Then you strike."

Jounin64

"This guy doesn't talk like a hunted man, he can't be the target" Nezhir thinks "Ha! That takes to much time. You see I've never failed a bounty because when they see me they start running and I cut them down and if someone is foolish enough not to fear me they do two seconds before they die. Nezhir then gets up.

"It was a nice chat but, I have some business to take care of." Nezhir then begins leaving the Inn

Draconian

Yuuki just watched him with a silly look on his face. Two seconds? This guy sure talked a big game.  Giving his head a shake, Yuuki watched him get up and leave. Something about business. Hm. Finishing his ale - and quickly reaching over the table to finish the other guys. Dirty cheat didn't even take a drink!

Quickly he got up and followed the man out, "Hey, wait a second!" Yuuki frowned at him, reaching to grab his shoulder. "What business? 'Cause I'm here on business too."

Jounin64

"Oh really what is your business?" Nezhir inquires hoping he's drunk enough to answer as he pulls his wrappings over his mouth again now that there is no need for false expressions and fake drinks.
"And for all you need to know I'm looking for a man who should belong in Essyrn."

Draconian

"I'm here on a mark," Yuuki crossed his arms over his chest, eyeing the man up and down, tilting his head to the side. "Don't usually do it, I have someone at home I need to get back to but the price? Price was too good," He took a few steps closer, "I also am looking for someone that should belong to Essyrn." He squinted and then tilted his head, "Is it you? Am I here for you?"

Jounin64

Though you can't see most of his face it was easy to tell that he took humor to this comment. "Rule one of negotiations never drink before making a deal...same applies to this. Your obviously too drunk or too stupid to realize I'm not the perp, but it looks we have the same one."

Nezhir reaches his hand out. "I am not a man fully without honor I will not kill another bounty hunter...it's more fun to beat them. May the best hunter win."

Draconian

Yuuki actually laughed, his hand going to his chest as he cackled away. "Drunk?" Still grinning, "What light weight gets drunk on that piss?" Yuuki looked at the mans hand and just tilted his head, "I'm not about to go do work and then having a chance of not making anything. We work together, split it fifty-fifty." He crossed his arms over his chest and smiled smugly.

Jounin64

Nezhir stares him dead in the eyes pulling his hand away. "If you're not drunk than it must be a lack of intelligence that cripples your judgement. Well I guess we could work together, the loot is nice but I already have enough to retire so I can deal with fifty-fifty, just don't get in my way because I'm not hesitant to kill."

Draconian

A generous roll of his eyes, "Already calling me names, huh?" This was going to be fun. So much fun. Yuuki was absolutely just so excited to travel with this man now. Yuuki just stared at him for a moment, "Are you just some crazy murderer guy? Why... Why work if you can retire. Are you insane?"

Jounin64

"I didn't expect you to understand. There are two kinds of people in the world the weak and the strong." Nezhir shows the scars all over his body. "The coliseum didn't just leave physical scars on me, it taught me that every scar I earned and every day I lived meant I work to die another day. Now that I'm free I know I'm the strong so i make a living hunting the weak...it's just the pecking order of life." Nezhir begins to head out. "Now then time is of the essence we should head out before dark."

Draconian

A wide grin, "That... Is some backwards logic my friend." He didn't continue though, if this guy wanted to throw his freedom away, he was more than welcome to. While not always the brightest star in the sky, Yuuki learned a hard lesson early, take what joys you could out of life because sometimes the alternative may be too much to bear.

So he did. He took his joys in teasing his brother and when he wasn't working. There was an off switch for Yuuki. Apparently this guy didn't have one. He held out his arm, indicating for the man to carry on ahead of him. "Lead the way Nezhir." He smiled, giving a slightly mocking bow. If this guy wanted to play a big game, Yuuki could pitch.