Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dragon Blooded

Started by Jounin64, May 20, 2015, 03:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

"Humph, maybe it's the world that's backwards and I'm thinking straight." Nezhir sees Yuuki's mockery and glares at him staring straight into his eyes. "Remember what I said about you slowing me down. Be useful or I'll find a bounty to collect on you...with those tatoos there's bound to be one."

Nezhir then looks up to the mountains and starts heading up the path that leads up them. "I've already searched every known village, town, and inn here so no where else to look but up."

Draconian

"I know you're trying to intimidate me." Yuuki started, more than happy to follow the other man to wherever they were going, "But I'm hard to intimidate so maybe lay off with the swords and the chest puffing for now." Another smile, this time a kind one and he trailed close behind, his pack on his back full of the needed supplies for camping - he really hated camping.

"Up it is. You're the smarts, I'll be the brawn." He gave a flex and a goofy smile before carrying on.

Jounin64

"Chest puffing means you intimidate for show....I never do anything for show" Nezhir looks back to see Yuuki taking things less than seriously. "I am the brains and the brawn...you're just the shield which can be removed."

As they head up a light snow fall starts powdering the trail. Nezhir looks at the snow with a confound stare. "So this is what snow is...it is so cold...no wonder those pigskins are so pale. This better not become a problem."   

Draconian

"You put your sword to my throat for show!" Yuuki called, throwing an arm out and chuckling slightly. "I can deal with being first defence, though, if you wanna." And they continued to walk. The snow caught him off guard and he gave a violent shudder. Having being to hyoite this was nothing but snow still sucked. He gave a startled chuckle, "pigskins?"

Jounin64

"I put a sword a tyour throat to make sure you knew I was in charge." Nezhir coldly replies. When he hears Yuuki question his choice of words he can't help, but laugh on the inside at this fool. "Yes pigskins, the Essryni term for light skinned outsiders...how long have you actually lived in Essryn?"

As they advance the snow gets harder and harder until the point where the trail isn't visible anymore.

Draconian

"Right, you're in charge. I'd forgotten, just feels like a lot of hot air over in this direction. Apologies, master." The term made him chuckle, though he could see it as he just shook his head. "I'm from a tribe in the desert. We only had one 'pigskin' and that was my mother. So watch your fool mouth."

Jounin64

"Wait until we enter a fight then you'll see that this hot air burns. As for your mother, that explains a lot about you." The snow now reached a point where they couldn't advance anymore. Nezhir stopped and scanned his surroundings. "I say we set up camp here. We'll freeze to death otherwise."

Draconian

Yuuki just stared at him, an eyebrow slowly rose and he went quiet. Yuuki didn't move to set up camp, didn't do much of anything. Getting half of that reward really wasn't worth the effort it took to deal with this guy. "You know what, you're an asshole." Yuuki crossed his arms over his chest, "You have fun on your bounty, have fun dying lonely. See ya later." And then he turned around and though he was tired and he did want to set up camp and sleep, the man grated on his nerves and Yuuki didn't want to have to do something he would regret. So he left to go back to that nice warm inn.

Jounin64

A crushing feeling gathered inside Nezhir. "What is this sensation I'm feeling..is it guilt? No of course not only the weak feel guilt...but the strong don't let their partners die even if they are weak...I will save him for now until I see him fight then I'll know if it's my duty to protect or kill him." Nezhir thinks.

"Do you even know your way back down? The trail is gone, the snow is rising and already is up to our knees you'll die. I'm sure that you have people who care for you. Even if your mother is a pigskin at least she didn't sell you into slavery like mine did to me you haven't proven to be useless yet so I have no right to let you die." Nezhir yells down to Yuuki.

Draconian

"We just walked up it!" Yuuki called, giving a steady glare, frowning deeply.  He sighed, pressing his hands to his face and trudging back up to the supposed camp area. "Fine. Fine." He heaved a sigh and shook his head slightly, looking up at the sky. "Your mom was a bitch." He finally huffed out before taking his pack off and placing it beside a tree. There was no snow there and he simply sat down, giving Nezhir a long look. "I can't make fire happen in the snow. Can't say I planned for snow."

Jounin64

"You're right...we'll need son sort of magic fire, but for now I can break some kindling and create sparks with my blade." Nezhir climbs up the tree and sits on a branch. He scanned as much surrounds as he could through the snow before taking the kindling. He spots smoke in the distance.

"Hey Yuuki I see some smoke! We're following it! If the people are friendly then they'll help if not than you can see how deadly I am!" Nezhir yells while dropping out of the tree taking a smaller branch. "This will be our temporary torch.

Draconian

Yuuki just watched Nezhir. This guy was doing so many things at once, Yuuki was content to watch and blink and just smile and nodded. "Sure, that can be our torch" he nodded and looked to where this supposed smoke was.

He couldn't see anything. "Want me to lead the way so I break the snow? You're gonna tire yourself out doing all that climbing and what-not."

Jounin64

"Humph I wont tire out, but you are first defense so that's why I'll let you lead." He finishes coating the tip of the branch in wax and dousing it with oil from his pouch. He stashed the oil and wax away and throws the branch to Yuuki.

"Here let me start the fire." Nezhir says while walking over to Yuuki pulling out his swords. In a sharp quick motion he slashes one up against the other causing a spark to fly and land on the tip of the branch turning it into a torch. Nezhir just smiles at his handy work.

Draconian

Suuuure. Yuuki smiled slightly and rolled his eyes. This guy had a quip for absolutely everything. It was almost nauseating.  Yuuki took the branch for a moment, and was about to comment on how this torch lacked a certain... Torchyness before Nezhir struck his swords and there it was. "Oh, neat."

Yuuki looked at the mans swords. He himself only used one. It was a big one. Still just one. "Alright, so we're headed... That way?" He pointed in the general direction he remembered the other man pointing out and before Yuuki even got a reply he began to walk.

Jounin64

"Yeah that's the way." He follows Yuuki and while trudging through the snow they hear a shrill shriek. "This is defiantly the right way....sounds like at least some of them are hostile be prepared to fight."

Draconian

Yuuki stopped dead and stared in almost horror over his shoulder, "You ... want to go... Steal someones camp? Are you insane or just an asshole?" He shook his head, not quite believing what was going on,  "Of course they're going to be hostile, you want to steal their shit!"

Jounin64

"I don't know where you got that idea. We are going there to get information on Ajul and if they attack we retaliate simply as that." Nezhir stares off into the distance. "My guess is there are two parties there. One's hostile the other isn't. Most likely it would be climbers and beasts."

Draconian

"How do you know if someone is hostile before you even meet them?" Yuuki asked softly, giving his new 'friend' a sidelong look. "I didn't think you were hostile before we met and then you insult my mother after a few minutes of talking." He drew his lips tight and just looked at the fellow. Though he continued on and they eventually made their way to the other camp.

"Greetings friends, we're Kiuki and Nezzie." He gave a wave, torch in his other hand, "We're hoping to share your fire since we can't start such a grand one in the snow, being from the desert and all."

Jounin64

Nezhir ignored Yukkki's comment he was sure someone was being attacked by that screw they heard and he didn't want to be wrong.

They arrive at the campsite and to his amazement Yuuki upfront introduced them. Even if it was fake names its still extremely stupid to do that before analyzing the people. A woman with red hair and what seemed to be scales on parts of her skin and a man who fits Ajul's description look up. The woman was holding a knife by her wrist with one hand and a goblet in the other. While the man stood near it.

"No! No! You will not make me give up my chance at power!" The man yells while charging at them.

Draconian

Unimpressed, Xala took the knife from her wrist. Well, at least she wouldn't have to do any of that business. It was always such a pain, but it was the way the Lady wanted it and she was getting a pretty sum so... Why not. When the man went berserk, Xala smiled and watched, crossing her arms over her chest after tucking the dagger away. She was content to watch for now.

Yuuki however, just stared. "The hell! We didn't even do anything!" At the charging man, Yuuki threw out his boot, hitting the man square in the chest. He fell back, gasping for air. "Nezzie, what did you do?" clearly this was his companions fault. Maybe he was a known bounty hunter and that made the guy bonkers. Yuuki hadn't thought of that.