Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Thunderback Rim: Rider compatible?! [Hiddenblade]

Started by Winters-Feather, June 08, 2015, 08:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winters-Feather

Taiyou shrugged, not minding the silent reply. She leaned back , using her arms to prop her body up. She  closed her eyes for a second, enjoying the breeze passing through. She opend them when she heard Flint move. She looked to the gorund and noticed her staff wasn't by her side, but he was rolling it towards himself.

"Flint?" Taiyou asked. Flustared, she rose to her feet and marched right towards the dragon.
"Don't!" she scolded, almost shrilly.
She bent down to pick up the staff before standing to face the dragon, inches from his face. She squared her shoulders, her expression cold as her eyes met his.

"This is my tool kit," she explained.  "You do not touch this without my permission."

thehiddenbeast13

Flint merely blinked as he stared at the staff once more. He then lowered his head a little and said,"May I please look at the staff." Although, he wasn't in his dragon form anymore. He had changed as he spoke and held out his hand with a smug look on his face.

Winters-Feather

Taiyou pursed her lips together and stared at Flint hard, unsure whether or not to trust him.
Well, it's not like he can USE it, she thought with a  heavy sigh. Though she held it out for him to touch, she still held onto it.
"Why?" she asked.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint actually took the staff from her instead of touching it and said,"I want to admire the craftsmanship on it..." He then spun it around in his hand for a moment and stared at it for a few more moments before asking,"How does it work?"

Winters-Feather

"Oh," Taiyou replied, and let go.
"You like it?" she asked with an eager grin, always ready to show off her woodcarving skills. The mage chuckled at his question. Everyone and their dead grandmothers asked her that question.
"It's a quarter staff. You hit people with it," Taiyou teased  with a smirk.

thehiddenbeast13

"Really?" Said Flint as he stood up with the staff. He then swung it around jokingly and said,"Are you sure this doesn't have any other uses?"

Winters-Feather

"That's a weapon, not a toy," Taiyou protested as she reached for the staff.
"And none, other than I find it useful to storing the weather," she explained in a nonchalent air. "Kind of like a dragon's belly. Lots of fire there, but only the dragon can use it. Pretty sturdy, too."

thehiddenbeast13

Flint stared at the staff for a while longer and said,"Well, this clearly won't have much of a use to me then." He then handed the staff back to Taiyou and asked,"So you can store weather in that small thing?"

Winters-Feather

Taiyou took the staff back in her arms. A rush of relief swept through her as she gave it a twirl, nodding at Flint's quesiton.
"You'll be surprise how much this thing holds," she replied with a nervous chuckle, not willing to get into too much detail about it. 
Just then, a loud horn wailed from the Nest. Taiyou jumped, but immediately relaxed when she realized what it was.

"I think  the dinner feast is going to begin soon," she told Flint. "We should head back."

thehiddenbeast13

Flint smiled as Taiyou spoke of the dinner feast and said,"I could go for a meal right about now." He then stood up and chuckled out,"Riders first."

Winters-Feather

With a grunt Taiyou picked up the discarded saddle, looking at the path that lied ahead of them. They weren't so far off from the Nest, though they had to walk uphill.
Thirty minutes tops, Taiyou thought, her stomach rumbling.
"Thanks," she replied with a mock bow before she lead the way, using her staff as a walking stick.

"So you travelled here like we did, right? " Taiyou asked, not willing to go through the entire journey uphill in silence.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint smiled as he got up and followed close behind Taiyou and said,"It's the least I can do for my new companion."

Winters-Feather

Taiyou laughed at his choice of words.
"Is that what you call your friends?" she teased.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint looked over at Taiyou and said,"Why, is there a issue with that? If so, I'd be more than happy to express my feelings while you're riding me."

Winters-Feather

Taiyou shook her head, a little confused.
"No, nothing wrong," she apoligized. "Sorry I misunderstood. Save the expressing for tomorrow. Just don't hurt yourself, unlike somedragon. "
She paused.
"Though in truth that could give us an excuse for a longer vacation," she mused outloud, relishing the thougt."You don't many, as a knight."

thehiddenbeast13

Flint chuckled at her attempt at a joke (well at least in his opinion) and said with a short smile,"At least you're not using your vacation to try and become a jester."

Winters-Feather

taiyou scowled, embarressed.
"No, i mean it!" she protested.
She was about to go into a rant about how once everybody knew you could control the weather, they alwaysvwanted a favor, but she decided to leave it alone and instead decided to march as dignified as possible.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint smiled at her protest and couldn't help but chuckle as he watched her to try walk away, dignified. He walked a little bit faster and said,"Remember, 'Save the expressing for tomorrow' Taiyou."

Winters-Feather

Taiyou scoffed in reply, but she slowed down all the same.
"Im resilliant," she replied, failing to keep a straight face. A few minutes later, they were welcomed wirh the sight of the eggs cave entrences And The echoes of dragons Roaring and  laughing in mirth.
Taiyou tried to ask shioko a question, but he was silent.
He must be sleepingz she thought as she adjusted the saddle in her arms.   
"Ill join you soon, if youd like," she told flint. "I  really ought to put this away and do something with my hair. And grab a forkand knife, just in case."

thehiddenbeast13

Flint smiled a little as he heard what Taiyou was saying and only replied,"Go ahead and put the saddle away, but don't worry about looking formal...well unless you're prepared for all of the flirting that comes with it." He then waved to Taiyou as he left, went through the transformation once more, and sat with some of the dragons. One of the dragons, who had silver scales nudged Flint with his wing and asked,"Got a rider now Flint?" Flint smacked the dragon with his own wing and said,"It's just temporary!" He then turned away from the other dragon and waited for the meal, occasionally laughing when someone cracked a joke.