Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A look into the soul (Anguish)

Started by Ice, June 20, 2015, 03:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

The day was just starting as a creature moved threw the tiny village. He kept his face covered showing nothing but his red glowing eyes. He was not really looking for anything in particular. Rather he was thinking about where he wanted to go from here. He was fairly certain that he would have to feed soon. Not that he really wanted to but he had to. That was how he suevied.

He moved towards the entrance of an old shop. He paused to watch a person as they exited . He then when on moving forward. He was happy with what he was doing right now. Just moving threw not being noticed.

Then something made him  back away. He hit the side of a building when he was looking at a man who was shouting something. He gave a gruntand moved back. Well that was embarrassing. Hopefully no one saw that.

Anguish

The screaming stopped almost as soon as it began, turning into shallow gasps for air as the young man grasped at his own throat in panic. Although that ended quickly too, and soon he went completely silent. As his arms went limp the magic being used on him was released, resulting in a loud thud as the body hit the floor. Zyra turned and continued walking down the alley. "Insolent whelp."

The man didn't really do anything worthy of death, per se. He was just a beggar, and Zyra was just walking down the alley he lived in. He just had the misfortune of asking her for some change. At first, she just ignored him and walked on. Until he murmured an insult under his breath. All she could make out was the word "whore", but she didn't like that too much.

The sooner she was out of this village, the better. She hated being in towns, even ones as small as this one. However, she had run out of food and the next town was a three day walk away. Naturally, she had to stop somewhere and get the supplies she needed.

Zyra moved through the streets until she came across a small food stall run by a short, fat merchant. She took out a bag and pointed to some dried meat. The merchant smiled heartily and picked up the meat. "Excellent choice, miss. This is the town favorite! Is that all?"

Zyra just glared at him and nodded, dropping the coins she owed him in his hand. She put the meat in her bag and put her bag away, then moved on. There seemed to be something going on in the middle of the marketplace, since there were people gathered around a man who was shouting something. What it was, Zyra didn't care to find out.

When she got to the other side of the marketplace she headed through another alley that came out next to an old shop, then turned onto the street a good distance behind someone else. Not long later she watched as this person walked into a wall, and the last bit of human emotion she still felt caused her to laugh a little. Whether it was loud enough for him to hear, she would soon find out.

Ice

Phears was standing there blinking as he heard a sound. Laughter. Damn someone had seen what he did.  Well that was even more embarrassing .He looked around as saw someone standing not to far from him. His red eyes narrowed as he looked at her. Stupid mortals.  He turned to face her and then move towards her. The way he move was slow and methodical . When he got close enough he just stared at her. He then gave an evil sounding laugh.

" do you still think that it is funny ? You know that it not nice to laugh at others." he said. His voice was dark and quiet . The way he spoke was both creepy and evil.  That was the way that he acted most of the time.

Anguish

"Oh, it was quite funny." Zyra said calmly with a smirk. "I'm not particularly concerned with the emotions of others."

How dare he approach her in that manner, as if she was some lowly being. Although...

The way he talked was sinister. Something seemed off about him, but she couldn't figure out what it was. She could tell it was either power or arrogance that led him to behave in such a manner. Regardless, she didn't like it very much. "Is that a problem?"

Ice

Phears looked at the female now as he heard her replied. He just looked at her and then he gave a glare. This one was going to learn a lesson one day acting like that. " I see . Well why don't you walk in to a wall and see how funny it is there?" he retorted back to her.  His tone was still dark and sinister. He had a bit of a quirky side when he wanted to use it.

He then looked at her when he heard what else she said now.  She was seeming to be a bit fisty. Oh well that was how most mortals compensated for certain things. " only if you take it like that." he said to her now.

Anguish

Zyra laughed at his response. If he was trying to intimidate her, it wasn't working. Her eyes started to glow with a grim excitement, waiting to see what would happen next. She wasn't about to back down or show any signs of weakness. "Well then, as long as it's not a problem, you should likely continue on your way."

Ice

Phears smiled at the woman now. She thought that he was being funny. Well he would have to shut her up then. Maybe he would just feed on her fear. Though even as annoying as she seemed he did not want to hurt her yet.

" well you seem to be overconfident. I could hurt you for that. But let me say this. If you wanted to make me upset you almost succeeded. Better luck next time." he smarted to her now. He was going to keep up his quirky attitude for a bit. He did feel like bugging this mortal right now.

Anguish

"I'm sorry, did you just threaten me?" Zyra said with a grim smile. "Yet you claim I am the overconfident one."

Her eyes glowed with a flash of Void energy for a moment, but after that short moment was over they returned to normal. "You can have this last chance to walk away. Your presence is beginning to irritate me."

Ice

The creature looked at the woman with a dark smile. He was having fun with the female. "if I did you would not be able to do nothing about that." he said with a laugh. He saw her eyes flash and grinned.

"you are really feisty. I like that." he snorted to her now

Anguish

The glow in her eyes returned, this time to stay. A dark grin crept across her face and she said a single word. "Begone."

Ice

Phears smiled when he saw her eyes glowing. His red eyes gleamed with a joy that said he was up for the challenge she seemed to want to give him. " Awww are you getting upset?" he teased now.