Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Finding lost souls

Started by Parkway, October 22, 2015, 06:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkway

Opaas walked into the run down stable and slowly rubbed the horse's nose.  He wasn't one for beating around the bush but maybe he shouldn't have brought up the two demons.  They had been most vulgar and would not be trustworthy.

He should have thought that out better.  He was just worried for the first time his foe was not of flesh and blood.  But of an entity he knew nothing about.   He sighed as he leaned on Engof.  "Well old boy looks like I will soon be in hell.  I am sorry I am dragging you with me."

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin rose and went to the stable fully meaning to apologise to the elf but he paused outside and listened as the man spoke to his horse.  If he had any idea of what the Hell Plane was like he would not speak of it so lightly.  He opened the door and stepped within the gloom, smelling the scent of old hay and warm horse.

"I am sorry Opaas....I should not have spoken so testily to you...your idea has merit and you should know they are already with us....they have been for a little while, I did not send them back fully." He said softly.

"They are choosing to remain unseen and unheard but I know they are there...probably better they are for demons do not generally make congenial company."

Parkway

Opaas looked up as the Angelic entered.  He was appreciative of his words.  "No, please...Oh!  Well, yes, yes I see."  He brought his hands to his chin and rubbed it.  "Well, thank you.  I was going to apologize to you for even mentioning it.  But with what you have told me I must admit I think it for the best...that is to have more help."

He began to prepare Engof as the sun was coming up and he didn't want to miss a moment of the light.

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin watched as he prepared the horse.

"You know we cannot trust them." He said softly.

"Not fully...they are demons and they are not affiliated with Sabre in fact their master bound Sabre to the boy, he is free means the boy's father is failing or dead. Which means their allegiance may change."

His wings flickered a little and he continued.

"There are 12 Rings of Existence in Hell, each has a king, Sabre is the King of the Tenth, the boy's father King of the Fifth, they are always fighting, games of one upmanship, shaming one house to the others.....it is the way of Demons, they constantly war among themselves."

He paused momentarily.

"If the boy's father is dead....he is Heir to the Fifth Ring....Sabre will not allow him to take that throne, not with Angelic blood in his veins still, he will make sure he is considered unsuitable, shame him to the other Houses, make his name one of scorn and ridicule. The demons of the Fifth Ring will not accept him."

He stepped forward to tighten the girth of Engof's saddle.

"He will leave him nowhere to go except into his service, he will corrupt him so fully, so irrevocably that the boy will become a demon and nothing will save him.  Your sister will help him to this end."

He stepped back.

"I hope we can find him before this is done.....or my job will be all the much harder."

Parkway

Opaas listened.  He knew nothing of the rings of hell.  Knew nothing of demons, in fact considered it all nonsense.  Now he saw how wrong he had been.

"I understand.  I apologize as well.  I do know they are not trustworthy.  I won't lie to you."  He stopped and exhaled deeply before continuing.  "I have a healthy level of fear, but it means not that I won't meet the challenge."

By now he was coming to terms that his sister was lost to him.  All they could hope to do was save the boy.  He felt this was a good as time as any to admit this to Alorin.  "I know."  At first it was so low he was sure the Angelic didn't hear him.  "Alorin, I know.  She is gone.  There is no hope to save her.  But the boy he may still be salvageable.  With that I go with you.  Even if it means I must put a sword into my sister, if it saves the boy."  He lowered his head.

Opaas never cried and did not wish the Angelic to see him this distraught.  But losing his sister and admitting it was harder than he thought.  He buried his face into the neck of Engof who sensed his masters distressed and stamped his left hoof and neighed. 

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin was not so far removed from emotions that he did not see the Elf's distress.

"I lost my sister...she was murdered, by Sabre likely....I understand your pain." He said softly.

"Your sister is still alive, though not as she was, she is something else now, you might not have to kill her but you will have to confront what she is and reconcile that."

He took a breath.

"I have a feeling that we are going to lose the boy too, but that is something I will have to reconcile too.  We will likely be taken prisoners by their overwhelming force, even with that pair outside with us.  Bel is getting old...Trayder....well....he is naught more than a glorified nursemaid who has formed a less than healthy attachment to the boy...not the greatest of allies!"

He patted the elf on the shoulder.

"But we have to find them first....do we not!"

Parkway

Opaas was able to pull himself together.  The sun was cresting and this made him smile.  All that Alorin said was not lost on him.  It wasn't his sister anymore.  Whomever he meet would be within the demons hold.  His sister sided that terrible night Lord Hernon gave her to the demon.  The boy.  That was all he needed to focus on.  The fact he said they would be taken prisoner was not lost on him.  This was concerning...but maybe...they could overcome the demon.  He could only hope.

"Yes!  We will find them!  We will!"

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin nodded.

"We can but try...though being held prisoner by demons is not what you might expect." He said softly.

"You they will try to corrupt....bring you over.....me.....not so much pleasure I am afraid."

They would torture him, a mortal enemy, oh they would use their seductions or try their succubus, but on one as old or as steadfast it would not work....they would result to pain.

"Let's take Engof out and decide where we should go." He said softly.

Parkway

He nodded and guided Engof outside.  He rubbed his neck softly as they exited and came out of the old barn.  Where too next?  That was a good question.  They had two other options.  The Island or the land of ice and snow.

The words corrupt...bring you over rang in his ears.  Whatever they would do to Alorin seemed to be even worse being that he didn't mention it.

Absently he looked around as if he would see the other two demons.  He didn't think he would see them it was more of a reflex.  As he brought Engof around he pulled his satchel out and all the maps and paper.  "So we have two locations left.  Hyoite and Yoreiq."  He held up the papers he had to look them over.  He still couldn't shake the words completely...corrupt just kept on rolling through him.

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin looked at the maps, Bel and Tray were of no help at the moment as they were plotting what they were going to do to Sabre if they found him.

"Yoreiq." He said softly.

"We will go there first, Islands can be remote, inaccessible to some, hard top escape from...it might appeal."

He absently patted Engof's neck and the horse nudged him lightly.

"Shall we?" He said shaking out his raven black wings and securing his sword.

Parkway

Opaas agreed.

"Yes, it is a light house we are looking for.  It wasn't used anymore she had said in her letter to me."

He mounted Engof and guided him into a trot then full gallop.  Within a few moments they were airborne again.  He mused that his horse seemed to like this new trick of taking to the air.  It made him feel a bit free as well.  For a few minutes he let himself enjoy it. 

Normally in a ship it took weeks as they we dependent on the winds.  This is why he had not gone before.  This was making the travel much faster.

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin soared high and down below nearer to the ground he saw the black mist of demon travel, Bel and Tray were following them it appeared.

"I follow you....let us find this Light House you speak of." He said above the rush of wind to Opaas.

"The demons follow by their own methods."

Parkway

Opaas stayed high so thankfully for his own senses he did not see the mist.  The morning was turning into a glorious one.  Bright sun, light breeze and a pleasant temperature.

"Certainly we are making wonderful time with the winds pushing us along." 

They were on a steady course to island.