Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Inconsequential possessions

Started by Parkway, November 29, 2015, 12:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkway

He pushed away his doubts and fears.  Holding Verik for he felt the same way.  The dragon's comforting of his rider wasn't lost on Honou he felt the rumbling. 

"I know.  It is an awful feeling and I sorry I didn't take out that archer first.  But you.  All that blood."  He shook his head not sure what to say.  He'd seen people die with less of a wound.  That was something he truly didn't want to think about.

"The shard.  I think that did it.  Probably why the goblins worshiped it."  He was beginning to wonder what the nobles planed on doing with it.

DragonSong

Verik pulled back a bit, trying to pull himself together. "Wasn't your fault," he said briskly. Then his brow furrowed in confusion.

"What exactly is that thing?" he muttered, eyes going to the satchel where the shard was tucked away. He shook his head. "I mean, I can almost understand how you could heal me with it- but I've never had magic! I don't understand..."

With a heavy exhale, he said, "I think I have a few choice questions for our employer." Bane growled in agreement.

Parkway

Shaking his head in agreement, "I'd like to know more about it.  Do you think we should head to La,marri?  All those old mages..."  He paused as he thought it over for a second.  "...I mean before we return to Ketra?"

He wasn't sure if Verik could just whisk off.  This was his duty not an option?  Or was it.  "I don't want to get you in trouble with the commanding officers.  But, if you could it would be helpful to understand what we are holding.  I don't trust the noble Buron enough to just hand this thing over." 

No matter what he wanted to understand what they were dealing with.

DragonSong

Verik turned the idea over in his head a few times. Eventually, he muttered, "It's just one more day... We don't have to tell anyone where we went."

He couldn't deny that he felt a little guilty about it, but he agreed with Honou. He didn't trust their employer as far as he could throw him. Not if he'd witheld such evidently important information about their target.

Rina was the one who'd recommended him for this job. Maybe he could explain things to her later, after an official report.

Leaning over Bane's neck, he said, "You heard the man. Change course."

The dragon snorted in satisfaction and tilted slightly into the wind.

Parkway

"Thanks, I know it couldn't be easy to just do this for me.  I will use my discretion as well leaving this out of all m correspondence regarding this detour."  Honou reach for Verik's face and slide his hand down the side tenderly. 

"Bane the mage I was thinking of lives on the Northeast section of the town.  Her name is Daion, if she cannot help us I am sure she can point us in the right direction." 

He smiled Daion would be able to tell how he felt about Verik and he knew she would be pleased.  Say he was living again and not just existing.

DragonSong

Bane snorted in affirmation. Verik closed his eyes and briefly leaned into Honou's touch, leaning back with a sigh. "It'll be about an hour of flying," he said over his shoulder.

Twisting to looks back at the elf, a allowed a smile to tug at his lips. He was relaxing a bit now, and he reached up to touch Honou's face. "Sorry about earlier. I'm glad you're alright."

Parkway

"Sorry...you don't need to be sorry for anything."  He smiled and held tighter.  "I am glad as well.  I would have been...forget it.  I think you know the feeling.  I am just glad we are all okay."

Honou became all choked up with his emotions.  Not sure if he communicated correctly his feelings.  He would have been lost if anything happened to Verik.  It was scary and exciting.  He wanted to hold him, touch him, but there was so much to do and he didn't want to keep him away from Ketra longer then necessary.

DragonSong

Verik nodded, finally allowing himself to fully relax. He did understand.

Not that you two aren't as adorable as spring-addled hatchlings, but we're approaching La'marri.

Rolling his eyes at the dragon, Verik leaned over his side a bit to watch the ground speed by below them. That had gone quicker than he was expecting. "Northeast side of town you said? Maybe set down a mile or two away, old boy, no need to scare people."

Bane snorted in agreement and banked into a descent.

Parkway

Honou couldn't believe the time they made.  He'd have to get himself a dragon!  Well, it was a thought anyway.

"Yes, northeast."  He watched as  Verik and Bane worked together to bring them down. 

He leaned closer as they approached.  "Would you want to stop to get something at the inn?  I have to admit hunger is starting to take over my rational thought processes."

If he remembered correctly they could grab a bite to eat along the way.   

DragonSong

Verik nodded eagerly as Bane touched down. He leaped easily to the ground, amazed at how easily his body was moving so soon after a healing, magical or otherwise.

"Yeah, I need to eat," he agreed with a small smile. He looked around, familiarizing himself with the area. He'd never been to La'marri, or anywhere near it really.