Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Inconsequential possessions

Started by Parkway, November 29, 2015, 12:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkway

They walked back and Honou found he was enjoying himself.   Once they arrived back they set up the flanks to roast. 

Bane was resting and he looked quite comfortable.  The smoke from him made Honou chuckle.  "They get so comfortable, don't they."

"I'll admit the bow isn't my strongest weapon.  But I can throw a dagger like nobodies business.  Just hunting to me is something I do cause I have too." 

As they spoke the conversation turned to his magic.  "I can do frost spells the best.  Ice and spears of ice.  I've been practicing the use for many years."  He looked over at Verik.  "Do you wield magic?" 

He moved closer to the flames and turned the flanks more for something to do than anything.  They probably should look at the map and figure where they should land and how he would get inside the domain.  But...not yet he needed to eat first.  Thinking was best done on a full stomach.

DragonSong

Verik shook his head. "Never had the gift for it," he said. "My niece does though, gets it from my brother-in-law."

His stomach growled lightly and he gave a sheepish smile. "Guess I was hungrier than I thought," he muttered, eyeing the venison and wondering when it would be done. He was seriously debating eating it half raw at this point.

To distract himself, he once again retrieved the map, spreading out on the ground between them. "So we can eat and plan," he explained

Parkway

He looked up and nodded.  "Perfect."  He moved closer so he could review it too.  "It shouldn't be too much longer now."  Honou gestured toward the food.  Settling down beside Verik he jumped back up and grabbed his journal.  Setting back down near his companion he opened the little book to the area they were heading.

"So, this area here..."  He points to a cleaning a few miles from the red spot...  "This is where we should land.  There is a cavern near there we can enter but first will need to make sure it is clear.  The goblin only cares if we are going to steal his gold and will defend it most viciously."  He looked to the side and winked.

"Your niece?  Is your brother-in-law a Mage?  I wouldn't say I am."  He veered off the plan of attack so he could check the venison.  He tested it and was glad it was done for he too was hungry.

"It's done.  Want to let it cool over here and will finish?" 

DragonSong

Verik smiled, nodding. "Sure." He settled back and let his eyes scan over the map again, learning Honou's plan. "I'm not sure if that's what you call it," he replied absently, "a mage. He can do some simple spells, mostly elemental stuff- he's good with wind, I think. Tali..." He smiled slightly, thinking of the girl. "She's all fire. Wants to be a dragonrider, but Ilia- my sister- won't hear of it. Says it's bad enough worrying after me."

He looked up and asked curiously, "What about you? Your family never hounds you for taking jobs like this?" All he really knew about the man was that he was unwed and had lost someone he loved. Other than that his personal life was a mystery.

Parkway

"Ahh, he is like me I am not a Mage but know a few things."  He chuckled by the way he spoke of his niece.  "A dragonrider like her Uncle.  Not bad for she has a good role model as for as I can tell."

Honou grimaced.  Here it was the personal history part.  Well sometimes you had to share.  "I lost my parents when I was a boy.  I grew up on the streets and it is where I met Burok.  You are a military man but I will share this much anyway.  I didn't always follow the straight line.  I did a few things maybe I should not have.  But after I met Burok everything changed, at least for a while."  He hunched his shoulder not really a thing he liked to speak of.  "But..."  He smiled now, "I did have eight wonderful years with them.  I've been told my father could craft a sword like no other."

He felt a bit self conscious after he went into it.  Normally he didn't give so much detail. 

DragonSong

Verik's heart clenched in sympathy. "I'm sorry," he said quietly, knowing the words were inadequate but unsure of what else he could say. Words had never been his strong point.

He hoped a gesture would do, reaching out to grip Honou's shoulder. "Look, I'm not..." He paused, then tried again, "I won't blame you for your past. I may be a soldier, but I've seen some of the things people have to do to get by." Softer, he added, "I can't imagine being on your own like that. Even after we lost our parents, I had Ilia." Realizing that may not have been the best thing to say he murmured another, "I'm sorry," and withdrew his hand.

He went quiet, hoping that was enough.

Parkway

He felt a wave of relief wash over him when Verik said he wouldn't blame him for some of the things he had done.  It was comforting but then Verik said something that twisted Honou's insides.  He too lost his parents.  He and his sister.  But even having her it was still hard.  He knew it.

"Thanks Verik.  And I am sorry too, for your loss."  He wished he hadn't withdrew his hand. 

One of his greatest weaknesses was contact.  It was a simple gesture from Verik but meant so much to him.  As he withdrew his hand Honou grasped it brought it to his lips.  "Verik, would it be wrong if I told you that I want you?  Remember how you said a kiss was what you needed, wanted...well I want more.  Normally it just comes to me but with you I feel hesitant.  If we are going to do this assignment together I am not sure I can with knowing how much I desire you.  Yes it is physical, I cannot promise more after our journey but I won't lie to you.  I won't push if you say no then no it is."

DragonSong

Though he was startled by the sudden touch, what Honou said wasn't exactly surprising. They still hardly knew each other after all, and who knew what would happen after this job; it would be foolish to make promises that they may not want or be able to keep.

Verik smiled and answered with a kiss, quick and a little questioning. He pulled away slightly and murmured, "No strings, yeah? Just see what happens?"

He may have moved in for another kiss, but before he could Bane made a grumbling sound in his throat and flicked his tail at them. Verik chuckled, rolling his eyes as he stood and pulled Honou to his feet. "Perhaps we should find somewhere a little more quiet?" he suggested, arching an eyebrow.

Parkway

Honou's eyes met his in silent agreement. 

Bane made it known he wanted them to take it elsewhere and he let Verik pulling up.  Nodding and giving a slight chuckle he kept his hand in Verik's.

He felt his heart beating a bit faster.  With his free hand he ran it through his hair suddenly nervous.  But when he looked at Verik it disappeared.  "Let's see where it goes.  Alas I think those eyes of yours could persuade someone to do just about anything."  He stopped, then leaned in and kissed him. 

Now his heart felt as if it was about to explode it beat so fast he wondered if Verik heard it.

DragonSong

He decided that Honou was probably the best kisser he'd ever encountered; loathe to break the contact, he only did so in short bursts to move them away from their campsite and prying dragon eyes.

His heart rate steady picked up until it was thundering against his ribs. A little hesitantly, he moved to kiss his companion's neck, pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to do so when he didn't have to bend over to reach his partner.

He chuckled softly and pulled back fractionally. "You know, I'm not used to being the shorter one," he admitted with a lopsided grin.

Parkway

A rumble of pleasure escaped his lips at the feel of Verik's lips on his neck.  He let his hands press at his lower back pulling him closer. 

"Aye we are a tall clan my people."  He smiled and reached for his waistband tugging to free his shirt from it.  His breathing escalating quickly.

Honou can feel Verik's strong but warm and confident hands on him.  They can see the goosebumps on Honou's arms.  He begins to massage Verik's shoulders gently.  He can feel Verik's lips kissing him softly on his neck and he shudders in delight. 

"My ears...very...sensitive..." He said between kissing Verik's lips, jaw, and neck.  His hand needed contact of his skin.  With another low rumble of pleasure he stepped back and removed his top tossing it aside.  The moon had risen now and cast them it is glow.  He went to help Verik with his top but looked into his eyes first as if to ask his permission.

DragonSong

Verik twisted easily out of his shirt, not really caring what happened to it once it was off. With that barrier gone he surged forward, letting his hands run over Honou's chest and back- something he'd been wanting to do since he stumbled across him naked.

"Sensitive?" he repeated. It was meant to be teasing but his voice came out as more of a growl than anything else. He tilted his head to nip at the skin just behind Honou's ear, hands skimming down to grasp his hips.

Parkway

Honou can feel the blood rush to his hardening manhood.  He loses himself in the caresses of the other man.  Verik is an intoxication mixture of gentleness and confidence.  This gentleness in a way amplifies the powerful man and it has Honou's mind dancing with all they are going to do for each other.  He begins to ach at the thoughts.

Then he feels Verik's gentle touch to his skin and it leaves him feeling like Verik has left scorch marks.  Honou moans his name... "Verik...."  And feels Verik's lips kissing his neck again.  Leo's body is consumed in the sensations that are being elicited from him.  Honou leans his head against Verik's shoulder as he ravishes his most sensitive ears.  He tugs now at the waistband of his pants.  Eager to have his boots off as well.  Yet he cannot seem to stop kissing Verik.  The more he tastes the more he wants.

DragonSong

Hearing his name escape Honou's lips in a moan set desire flaring hot and strong. He gave a low growl, practically attacking the other man's mouth while his hands fumbled with their remaining clothing.

Somehow, stumbling slightly, he managed to free himself of boots and pants, kicking them away somewhere into the darkness, still trailing kisses over Honou's neck and chest. "Gods..." he breathed, relishing the feeling of skin against skin, tugging almost petulantly at the other man's last article of clothing. "Why am I the only one naked?" he asked with an almost feral smile, breathless.

Parkway

Good question why was he?  Without wasting anymore time he freed his aching desire.  He kissed Verik back hungry for the next one...  He let his hands explore where they might then he paused and stepped back.  Honou let his eyes fest on Verik magnificent body.  He was a God.  Strong and lean yet not overly so.  Perfect.  That was all he could think of before closing the gap between them again.

He let Verik do what he would as he did the same.  It had been so long since he had an actual connection with the one he was with he forgotten just how wonderful it could be.  Verik didn't disappoint. 

He knew Verik most have felt his urgency but he could not hold back.  Every touch and taste made him feel more alive than he had in years.  He only could hope that he was giving as much as he was taking.  It was only afterwards he tried so say something but words failed him.  What could he say?  Wrapped in each other's arms as they were for a moment he wished it didn't have to end.  "Verik."  He whispered and stroked the man's face softly.  "If I only knew what to say...that was more than...you are..."   He wasn't one to color words or situations yet he felt a connection there was no denying it but how did he explain it?  "I can't really explain it...but this was beautiful."  He leaned over Verik and gave him a long sensuous kiss hoping that would speak what he words couldn't.

DragonSong

Verik leaned eagerly into the kiss, arms tightening around the other man. "You're beautiful," he replied without thinking when they broke apart. Then his cheeks flushed slightly and he ducked his head, hiding his face in Honou's chest.

"Sorry. Gods, I'm really not good at this part..." he muttered. For a moment he lapsed into silence, then he offered a hesitant, "I know what you mean though. I just can't really-"

Words failed and he settled for a slightly awkward smile and a soft, "Thank you." He'd always been more comfortable with the physical aspect of relationships. This whole cuddling and talking thing had never been his strongest point, but for some reason here and now he wanted to try.

Parkway

Honou chuckled.  "No sorry necessary.  I get it.  This is usually the awkward part right?"  He shrugged but for reasons of his own did not want to release Verik yet.  So he just held him hoping he wouldn't mind.  "I always wondered do I talk.  If I do what do I say?  The worst is when they want to talk and you don't.  Yet right now I am content to just be here with you.  I don't feel I need to cover the silence with speech.  I guess that's a good thing."  Honou leaned back and although the wind had picked up and a chill was settling on them but he didn't want it to end.

Suddenly his stomach began to protest its state of emptiness.  He grinned and laughed.  "I'd like to stay this way but unfortunately now another appetite is call in its demands."  But instead of letting go he rolled over and lay atop Verik his hands on either side of his head as he leaned down for a slow kiss.  One that left no doubt to his growing desire for the other man.

DragonSong

Verik groaned, arching up against him. Then he abruptly broke away with a breathless chuckle, turning his head so he wouldn't be tempted to continue the kiss.

Oh who the hell was he kidding? He was tempted.

"We really should eat something," he protested laughingly, though he kept his arms loosely around Honou's waist. "You know, we are on a job. Have to stay in peak condition and all that." Then he smirked lazily. "Though, I wouldn't be adverse to continuing this particular...discussion later..."

Parkway

"Mmmm, yes a job.  Peak condition..."  He chuckled.  "Yes we eat and continue this later."  Honou rolled off Verik.  Their clothing was strewn all around and he sat up trying to drag Verik with him.

What a day!  He woke up thinking he'd be on a lone mission and now sat her with a man he seemed not to be able to keep his hands off of.  A human.  Yet he was different.  Honou wasn't stupid.  They had a connection it was why they were good together.  But, by the Divines Verik was sexy. 

His stomach protested again and he grinned.  "Let's eat and discuss our little goblin issue.  You hadn't ever been in one of their dens yet?"  It was easy to talk with Verik, no competition it was a partnership.  Something he's denied himself a long time.

DragonSong

Verik shook his head, gathering his clothes and dressing as quickly as he could. It was a little chilly without Honou pressed against him. "No, never had the occasion. They're not usually a big enough problem to call in a dragonrider, you know?"

He looked up with a grin and felt his heart jump into his throat. Gods the man was breathtaking, it somehow caught him by surprise every time he looked at him. He cleared his throat and stood, offering his hand to help Honoue to his feet. "Come on then, I think that venison is calling to me," he said with a crooked smile.