Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Inconsequential possessions

Started by Parkway, November 29, 2015, 12:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkway

Honou gladly took his hand for the lift up as he finished putting his boots on.  He was starting to like the way Verik smiled at him, a little crooked just just added to his overall sexiness.  "Yeah, me too!  I worked up quite an appetite."  He grinned back with a wink.

"True enough.  No need to waste the dragonriders on such a minimal task."  He nodded as he spoke.  Silently marveling how it wasn't awkward.  In fact it made speaking to him easier.  More comfortable if you could believe that.   "They tend not to be in packs less than four I noticed.  Unless something has befallen one.  But when they hunt it is always in large groups.  Safety in numbers rule I guess." 

They were back at the camp each with a portion of the version in front of them.  Honou stopped just as he was going to take a bite..."Uh do you pray?  I mean it is good with me.  I did before gutting it...so if you wanted I would." 

DragonSong

"Hm?" Verik paused, looking at him. Then he admitted a little sheepishly, "Oh, uh- I usually forget if Ilia isn't around to hound me about it." He closed his eyes and bowed his head, reciting the simply prayer their father had often said before they sat down to a meal.

Looking back up at Honou he chuckled and said, "Thanks for reminding me." Without further ado he dug in. He'd been hungry since they'd set up camp, and though their little tryst had certainly distracted him from his empty stomach, it now returned with a vengeance.

"So you think we'll be dealing with a pack of these critters then?" he asked in between bites.

Parkway

Honou nodded.  Different cultures prayed at different times. 

He too was hungry and as soon as the prayer was done he dug in.  They ate just like everything else they did together...comfortably.

"I do.  We are headed into the heart of their home."  His voice grew serious.  All kidding aside the goblins in numbers could be very difficult.  It wasn't unheard of for them to bring down man or elf.  "They tend to be like a pack of wolves.  They do nothing alone.  We just need to keep our wits about ourselves.  And make sure we are quiet!

DragonSong

"This one will be waiting outside then," Verik muttered, jerking his head in Bane's direction. The dragon appeared to have fallen asleep, his massive form curled in a crescent around their fire. "Gods love him, but stealth isn't really one of his strengths."

A low grumble and a sharp flick of a tail hitting him in the back of the head informed him that Bane wasn't asleep after all. He yelped and twisted to glower at him. "What? Don't give me that, you know it's true."

The dragon grumbled again but subsided, huffing out a breath as he laid his head back on his paws and closed his eyes. Verik shook his head, looking back to Honou with a long-suffering expression, muttering, "Great stupid lizard."

Parkway

Honou laughed at their antics.  They made a great team. 

"How long have you been together?"  He gestured to the dragon and Verik.  He wasn't all that knowledgeable and had never actually had the opportunity to learn.

He couldn't help but watch them.  Verik had an easy way about him.  One that spoke of a quiet strength.  Maybe this is what attracted Honou.  The fact that Verik wasn't overly boorish.  It was as if he could adept to the dangerous situations they might encounter.  He felt his stomach tighten again, he shook his head and chuckled.  Verik was worried he casted a spell of sorts?  He was beginning to think it was the other way around.

DragonSong

"Sixteen years," Verik replied with a smile. "Since I was twelve. He was still a hatchling when they gave him to me." He looked over at the dragon and shook his head, snorting, "No one told me how fast his breed grows, or how big they get. I'm pretty sure he's not even fully grown yet."

Fishing out the map again, he scooted closer to Honou and spread it out on the ground, trying to calculate how long it would take them to reach their destination. "If we leave at first light we should be there by early afternoon tomorrow," he said, looking up at his companion.

He had to resist the urge to close the now minuscule distance between them; it was like the elf had his own gravity, drawing him in. His heart sort of skipped a beat and he forced his eyes away, hoping that may help to cool his head somewhat.

It didn't.

Parkway

"Sixteen!"  He repeated with a smile.  He must have been just a boy when they were paired.

He leaned in a bit to look at the map with him.  "Early afternoon.  Good that will give us a few hours to scout the area.  It will be good if we could find out how many exist there are.  Note them so we can plan for a worst case scenario."  He looked up and sharply inhaled.  Verik was so close he could feel his breath.  He felt an instant reaction.  He swallowed and the faint taste of Verik could still be sensed.  He wanted more.

"Uh, so if we can...locate the lips...I mean...the...exists..."  But any thought of retrieving the shard was lost.  He leaned in and kissed him.  He let himself melt into the other man's embrace.  He was a bit more aggressive and demanded entrance into his mouth.  Moan softly as he did. 

When he reluctantly pulled away his voice was husky again, "If I don't stop kissing you now I won't for a while.  Gods Verik...I want you...Again."  He brought his lips back to Veriks and bite his lower lip and he traced the outline of his upper lip.

DragonSong

He knew he should pull away, should try to put them back on task. But he just couldn't. A sound that was some combination of a moan and a growl escaped him and grabbed at Honou's shoulders, pulling him tight against him.

"The feeling...is mutual," he rasped out between kisses, tangling his fingers in the other man's hair. He gave a breathless sort of chuckle and nuzzled his face into Honou's neck. "Gods, we're hopeless," he muttered, smiling against his skin before he tilted his head up to nip at his ear.

Parkway

A shiver coursed through him.  "Should we move away?"  He whispered wantonly. 

He didn't pull away though his hands tugging for the hem of his tunic.  The way he tasted was addicting.  He could no more pull away from Verik than not breath and it was a bit frightening. 

"Yes we are...hopeless."  The word came out as a sigh.  The feeling Verik created within him were so intense he was consumed with him.  Wanted more...needed more...  His heart was pounding and he was aching to be closer to him, taste him again, and feel him all around.  "I know... we... have... need... you... first...need..."  He was frightened by it but could not turn away from it.

DragonSong

Verik nodded at the question, standing and bringing the other man with him, ushering him away from the now dying light of the fire.

He was inordinately pleased that he didn't seem to be the only one having trouble forming coherent sentences, gasping quietly at the feel on Honou's hands on him. This was ridiculous; he was a soldier, always in control. He'd never experienced anything quite like this wanton desire before.

And he found he didn't really care. The intensity and suddenness of his desire for the elf was a little shocking- bordering on frightening- but he didn't care. "This...may be the death of me," he panted, practically ripping at Honou's top in an attempt to remove it.

Parkway

Honou followed, surprised he didn't run to the spot.  Once they were at a more privet distance he was just as eager as Verik.  Removing the clothes from his body.  He began to pull more urgently at Verik's.  He kissed the curve of his neck and worked his way down.  Listing up the tunic to expose his chiseled features.  He let his tongue drag across his chest as he slowly lowered himself to his knees.  Tugging at Verik's waistband next.

"But just think what a great death it will be."  He said as he kissed his abdomen and his hands slowly caressed him. 

DragonSong

Stripping as quickly as he could, Verik moaned low in his throat as he arched back against a tree. "Gods, Honou..." His voice was low and hoarse, and he swallowed hard, trying to maintain some semblance of control. He clenched his fists so hard his nails bit into his palms.

When he couldn't take it anymore he dropped to his knees in front of the elf, grabbing him in a rough kiss and pushing him back onto the ground. This wasn't exactly usual for him- though he had by no means a submissive personality, he usually tried to be more gentle with a romantic partner.

With Honou it was like he couldn't help himself, all control forgotten. "That mouth of yours," he hissed, breaking away from his lips to trail kisses over his chest, "is driving me mad." He bit his shoulder lightly, hands trailing down to knead his hips.

Parkway

It was like wild fire.  Once started it ravages everything it comes into contact with.  His heart was beating fiercely.  For once it wasn't about what he wanted but how could he pleasure Verik.  His hands dug into his partners shoulders as he arched himself into Verik. 

The way they fit together just made it all the more gratifying.  Wrapping his legs onto Verik's waist he could make coherent speech.  He was riding so many emotions.  Sighing with delight he eased himself onto Verik.  "By all the divines..."  He rocked slowly with him moaning and gripping onto Verik.  "You...this feels so..."  He was at a loss.  Crazy with how he felt. 

He could feel that level being reached quickly and he forced it back, he wasn't ready yet.  His breathing ragged, moaning with every thrust.  "Verik...oh...yes...don't stop...don't..."  His voice a guttural mix of pleasure and desire.  Holding back for as long as he could.

DragonSong

He let out a low, keening moan as his hips bucked forward, burying his face against Honou's neck. The coil of heat in his core grew tighter and tighter, his breath coming sharp and ragged against his partner's skin.

His hands wandered hungrily over the elf's body, searching out every inch of exposed skin. He dragged his nails lightly down Honou's ribs, biting the slope of smooth skin where his neck met his shoulder, murmuring his name over and over like a desperate prayer. "I can't...much longer," he rasped out, his whole body feeling like he was burning up from the inside out.

Parkway

Every touch brought pleasure and when he heard Verik he too couldn't and was like everything faded.  Why they were there, what they'd been tasked to do, it was just perfect for this moment.

Honou held Verik afterwards.  Their embrace light.  He had to let his breathing return to normal before he could speak.  When he did it was still in a breathless whisper.  "Verik...by the night I can't tell you how amazing that was."  Easing his grip a little to allow Verik to get comfortable he shifted a little.  "I know we have a lot to go over still but I need a minute.  Amazing..."  He repeated the word again for he was at a loss of what to say. 

He looked into those beautiful green eyes and gently caressed his face.  It was a soft gesture.  Knowing what lay ahead of them yet wanting to extend the feeling of what they shared.  He just wasn't ready to dissect it yet.  Maybe afterwards.  Maybe...

DragonSong

Verik sort of collapsed into the other man's embrace, closing his eyes and tilting his head into the touch. He waited a moment for his breathing to even out a bit, then said with his lopsided grin, "I've known you for less than a day, and I'm pretty sure you've already ruined me for any future sexual encounters."

He tried to sound joking but he wasn't really. He leaned forward to rest his forehead against Honou's, sighing contentedly. Eyes like the night sky stared back at him and something started to build in his chest, something that wasn't strictly physical, and that almost scared him.

Parkway

Honou had felt something like this one time before but by the gods this felt different.  What Verik said frightened him only because it was also true for himself.  His heart beat faster but from emotion.  He didn't want to hurt...but looking into those jeweled green eyes all fear was lost.

"Verik, I am not good with expressing myself.  But, I won't push aside that this is different.  This attraction is different.  I don't know what happens next.  We both have very different lives.  I haven't told you all about me.  I don't know if now is the right time...it just seems who ever I am close to leaves.  I just don't know if I could do it again.  So I avoid commitment.  Yet now here we are, a few hours in and I am completely lost."

DragonSong

Verik's stomach flipped. He should be wary of this- and truthfully he was, a little- but more than that it just felt right to be lying there wrapped up in each other. "I-" He trailed off, unsure what to say, then tried again.

"I don't know what will happen when this is over- this job I mean. I wish I could make you some kind of promise, but I don't know if I could keep it." He sighed, closing his eyes and letting his head dropp onto Honou's shoulder. "Can't we just...be this, for a while?" he asked quietly.

If he was honest, he knew he already wanted more. But they really didn't know anything about each other. And... Well, Honou was an elf. He was mortal. Even if they did everything right, with the best intentions- he would still leave him alone, in the end.

And already he couldn't stand the idea of hurting him like that.

Parkway

Verik was right.  "Yes, let's be this for a while."  And he thought to himself if by a while it happened to turn into a very long while.

"I have one bad weakness."  He began to stroke Verik's side as he spoke.  "It is sweets.  I cannot say no."  He began to chuckle at the confession.  "Now you, tell me something...anything..."

Right now he was happy.  It was where he wanted to be.  They could lie here and just talk was so refreshing for a change he wanted to be with the person he was intimate with. 

DragonSong

He smiled. "Sweets, huh?" he said, tilting his head back to look at him. "I'll remember that..."

Tell him something? "When I was thirteen I was infatuated with this boy- a few years older than me, also in training with the riders, Essyrni. He kissed me once and I realized I was really too young for that sort of thing. But he didn't want to take no for an answer... Anyway, I wound up telling Ilia and she beat his ass so hard he was afraid of me for the rest of training."

He'd never actually told anyone that story. He didn't like sharing the idea that he couldn't take care of himself- but he'd been young, and Ilia had not been about to let that slide. He'd certainly made up for it as an adult though, he had to admit.