Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Inconsequential possessions

Started by Parkway, November 29, 2015, 12:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkway

Honou listened and then smiled.  "Your sister huh!  Well good for her, serves that idiot."  He chuckled a little and added, "She sounds tough I should watch my hide huh."  He liked that they were close and it had him intrigued.  How did they stay so close?  Did he live with them?  Or at the barracks?  How was he going to tell him everything about his past? 

"Hey you know tomorrow we won't be going right in.  Once we map the exits I want to also see if there are Whitecap mushrooms, we can mix it with some powders I have for a potent poison.  Also any sturdy branches we'll make some darts.  The poisoned darts will go a long way with taking out our little friends."  It was nice talking strategy with Verik.  It made their work that much more interesting.  "Verik, what weapons are you talented in?"

DragonSong

"We're all trained with a bow, a sword, and an ax." He gave a wolfish grin. "I prefer the ax. But I can use any of them." Propping himself up on one elbow, he quirked an eyebrow at Honou, reaching out to brush some of the dark hair of his face. He let his hand linger against his skin.

"Knives and darts, huh? Should I start watching my back?" His lips twitched teasingly and he pressed a quick kiss to the hollow of Honou's throat. Pulling away a little reluctantly, he asked, "Will I mostly be covering you then?" He didn't love the idea of the elf leading the charge- it make his stomach clench nervously- but if it made sense strategically he knew better than to argue.

Parkway

"The ax!  Nice!"  Honou closed his eyes and smiled at the gentle touch.  It was just a simple gesture but it made his heart beat faster.

"Will you bring the bow in with us?  It could be useful."  He sifted and rested so he faced Verik.  He kept one leg draped over him.  "Well yeah."  He got a little self conscious.  "I am good with the knives and darts but better with my swords.  I prefer duel, but my strength is really from my agility than actual force."

They seemed to have skills that would compliment each other.  "I think it best when we enter to do so in the middle of the day.  I know sounds crazy but hear me out.  They have more watchmen at night then in the mid day.  The guards who worked all night will be tired and deeply sleeping.  Less guards for us makes it easier to slip in undetected."

DragonSong

Verik nodded slowly. "I'll defer to your expertise in this," he said, shifting slightly to bring them a little closer together. "Like I said, I've really never dealt with goblins before."

As they talked he trailed his hand down Honou's side to his hip, then let it rest there comfortably. It was amazing to him that something as intense as what they'd just shared could settle into...well, this. It wasn't as if the fire had cooled, exactly, more like it was sleeping in the embers.

He dragged his focus back to the task at hand and asked, "So once we're in, what's the plan?" He doubted the other man was just planning on wandering around goblin infested tunnels until they found what they were looking for.

Parkway

The touch of Verik on his skin felt comforting.  It felt right.  He enjoyed the sensations it created.  Verik was easy to talk with and had a sharp mind.  It made their jobs easier when the partnership could be on such a high level of trust. 

"I hope there is an entrance to the north for the map detail here seem to indicate it is on that side.  I wish we knew what this shard looked like."  He thought for a moment before continuing.  "My hope is that they have no idea it is there and thus have no use for it.  This way we head in the area it is supposed to be at, retrieve and back out.  With luck undetected."  He let his one hand trail along Verik's abdomen.  The man had the most perfect body.  Not too big but not too small.  Toned and those legs were amazing.  He pulled himself from his thoughts.  "If there is a way in from the north the first thing we should look for is their cart tunnel.  Goblins are notorious for burrowing.  They don't frequent the cart tunnel much as it is used to haul debris.  As long as the tunnel heads to the north we should be good.  The tunnel will still be guarded by them and we will probably encounter their slaves...ah yeah....Verik.  I know this will be hard but with the mission we're on we cannot deviate."

He slowed took a deep breath.  "The slaves, some will be humans...elves...we cannot risk freeing them.  It is hard I know but if we do that we risk our cover."  He knew it sounded harsh.  But, it was the truth.  Freeing the goblin's slaves would only result in it being harder for them to escape.

DragonSong

Verik gritted his teeth, but he nodded. He'd grown up in Ketra, he was no stranger to slavery. Still...

After their parents died, it could have easily been him and Ilia on the market, if not for his joining the military.

But he knew Honou was right. His personal convictions couldn't get in the way of this job. "Right," he said, voice tight. He hadn't realized he was tensing until he realized he was digging his fingers into the elf's hip. He forced himself to relax, drawing his hand back with a muttered, "Sorry."

Parkway

"No, Verik don't be.  For all my past indiscretions I never fell into the slave trade, thank be the gods for that.  It isn't easy to turn a blind eye to it, but for the sake of our safety it is best."  He reached out for his hand and laced his fingers with Verik's.  "I just didn't want you to think that I have no feeling for their situation I do, but I can't save everyone."
He let his thumb caress the inside of his wrist and tried to move past the unpleasantness that slavery was.  Part of him was glad for Verik's reaction but he should have known it.  He smiled at the thought.

"So we will pass by them but I think we can use it to our advantage too.  Maybe act as a salve would by milling with them.  My fear is that they have found the shard and it isn't buried where they think it is.  Goblins are known to be hordes though so if they did find it they would have kept it.  We would just need to figure out how much value they deemed it to be, but again without knowing what the damned shard looks like it is hard to figure the value.  I am getting ahead of myself though.  First step we get in, next find the tunnels, then find the spot where the nobles think it is and we go from there."  He could only hope it would go so smooth.

DragonSong

He'd never for a moment thought Honou had been a slaver, but hearing it said aloud was reassuring, he had to admit. He sighed, bringing their interlocked hands up to rest between them.

"Alright. Solid plan." He gave a small, crooked smile. "And hey, if it all goes to shit we always have a dragon waiting as backup," he offered jokingly.

His eyes lit on the crescent marks his fingernails had left on Honou's hips and he winced slightly. "Really am sorry about that," he muttered, flushing a little from embarrassment. He twisted to press his lips quickly to the spot, looking up at the elf sidelong as he did so. Settling back down beside him, he murmured without thinking, "I never want to hurt you."

Parkway

He rested his hand on the back of Verik's head, his kisses were causing the fire to burn again.  His words caught Honou off guard and for a moment his walls were down and he leaned in kissing Verik softly.  "Nor I you."

He hadn't been close to someone in so long it was a little overwhelming to think in a few hours how his...no their situations had changed.  He meant it.  He didn't want to hurt him ever.  "Do you live anywhere else besides the barracks?"  He asked trying to close the gap between them.  "I'm not a vagrant you know.  Over in Serendipity Riverlands I have a small place."  He leaned in closer and trailed a few kisses down the curve of his neck.  "It might be a tight fit for Bane though..."  He chuckled.

DragonSong

Verik chuckled himself, arching into the touch. "No," he said softly in answer, "Sometimes Ilia will put us up for a night or two, but usually the barracks are just easier." Smiling, he mused, "The Riverlands, huh? I'm sure Bane could find a nice cave close by...he likes his space, when he can get it..."

It was nice to imagine, even if it was illogical, just for a moment. To pretend he had no responsibilities and could just pack up and leave, following Honou wherever he led.

Parkway

"I bet he could.  I mean I know we both might be pulled in direct directions once this is done.  But I see no reason why we couldn't visit.  I mean I'm not tied to the place.  But my door is always open for you."  His heart slammed against his chest.  It was a nice thought.  Them two sharing a space like now. 

"Even if it is only a fortnight or two?"  He let his lips reach Verik's and closed over them.  "I tend to be a bit overly neat but other than that I am sure I am a good host.  A huge comfortable bed...no one around for miles...what do you think?"  He chuckled at himself.  Begging Verik like a little kid begging an adult for something they really wanted.

"If you say yes...I'll...I'll...."  He was stumped he didn't know what to bait him with.  And so he laughed.  "Well I'll do whatever you want me too....within reason that is."  He added the last part with a raise of his eyebrow, but still laughing.

DragonSong

Verik laughed softly into another kiss. "No need for that," he murmured, trailing his lips along his jaw. "Of course I'd come visit." Then a wicked gleam entered his eyes and he rolled onto his back, pulling Honou on top of him.

"Though if you're offering," he said, one eyebrow quirking up and his lips twitching into a lopsided grin. "I could probably come up with a few things..." He hooked one leg over the other man's hip, reaching up to cup the back of his head and pulling him down for a searing kiss.

Parkway

Honou inhaled sharply.  He would never tire of his kisses.  When Honou pulled his lips from Verik's they rested their heads together for a moment.  Honou chuckles once more at Verik's suggestive look and can feel his chest rising and falling heavily.

They stay in the embrace for a few more moments Honou not wanting to rush a thing.  He leans on one hand as his other one begins to roam over Verik's chest his mouth and tongue begin to tease his neck, chest and then each nipple.  He slowly begins to move his body with Verik's as he moans with pleasure.  His eyes our filled with desire as he comes back up and kisses Verik.  His tongue meeting Verik's and it causes his to groan and move faster.

DragonSong

Verik kissed him hungrily, arching his back to press as much of his body against Honou's as possible. He gasped, closing his eyes and throwing his head back as a wave of pleasure ripped through him. "I...you...oh gods..." His voice trailed off into a groan and he rained kisses over the elf's neck and shoulders, dragging his nails down his back and wrapping his legs around his waist.

Parkway

He was shocked by his feelings for this man.  He need to calm down a bit.  But he was aching to be closer.  He wanted to feel himself inside him.  Yet he also wanted to give Verik pleasure beyond anything he has yet experienced.  Oddly he could even think with the way he felt.  Yet for the first time it wasn't about what he was getting but what he was giving. 

They kiss passionately.  Honou's tongue enters Verik's mouth.  He revels in the taste of Verik and sighs as he lets his body and soul melt into the other man.  Their tongues slowly slide and circle each other's in a beautiful dance of desire and passion.

Never did Honou think passion could be so deep so quickly.  Verik was so beautiful.  So tender.  He felt himself reaching his limit far too quickly but he just couldn't hold back.  He whispered to Verik and then felt the world spin beneath them.

He was in shock by the intensity of it all.  It seemed just to get better each time.  What he thought would be fun was quickly building inside him.  He kissed all over his lovers face.  Eyes, nose, cheeks, and lips.  Just soft gentle kisses.  "Are you doing okay Verik?" He asks. "For I have never felt more alive myself.  It keeps getting better.  If that is possible."

DragonSong

Verik nodded, returning every kiss he could manage. "Okay?" he rasped when he could speak again, "Doing...a lot better...than okay." He smiled, cupping Honou's face between his hands, letting his thumbs stroke his cheeks.

He couldn't exactly say he had a plethora of experiences to compare this one to, but he'd been around. And Honou was right, somehow it just kept getting better- he'd never felt anything like it.

Parkway

Honou slipped to his side.  Resting his head against Verik's.  He was alive inside yet he was beginning to feel that comfortable sleepiness creep in.    "Mmmm."  He murmured back.  A small yawn escaped.  "Should we head back closer to Bane?"  But he was in no rush.  Not wanting to break apart. 

He looked at Verik and could not believe this man was his lover now.  A few hours ago he was alone and thought that was completely okay now he was laying in the arms of someone who was increasingly become ingrained into him.  Who was he trying to fool?  Himself?  No strings...yeah right.  But he would worry about that when the time came.  For now he just wanted to enjoy their time together.

DragonSong

Verik sighed contentedly, wrapping his arms tightly around the other man. "We probably should," he murmured reluctantly. Then he glanced down at them and added, "Though maybe we should clean up a bit first...And get some clothes on."

Parkway

"I left my satchel by the fire."  He looked around for something to use.  He let go and sat up.  Though he much rather had just stay in Verik's arms. 

He leans over and give him a quick kiss before raising to his feet and looking about.  He gathers his clothes.  He keeps looking back at Verik as he does.  He is scared by the intensity but excited as well.  It had been a long time since he has felt this way.  "Would it be so bad if I grabbed my satchel and came back? Or did you see any water nearby?  You know to just jump in and wash off?"  He brushed his fingers though his hair to keep them from his face. 

DragonSong

Verik propped himself up on his elbows, openly watching. Honou moved with a grace that didn't exactly fit a man of his size, and it was beautiful to see.

At the question, he said, "I think there's a stream just a few yards that way." He jerked his head in the direction he could hear water flowing over rocks, getting to his feet. "Easier than using the water we brought. Shall we?" It was actually a pretty warm night, and a quick dip was sounding more and more appealing.