Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dragon-slavers aint got long life expectancies (pm to join )

Started by Smaugthesilver, January 17, 2016, 06:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smaugthesilver

Laeli nods in what she takes to be an understanding manner, deciding to move to safer topics.
"I'll never know how anyone can stand working in a forge. I tried it once, and the heat is unbearable.
I know what you're thinking: uou live with dragons,  that's got to be warmer than a forge but that is different, you know?"

DragonSong

Gwaine shrugged with a noncommittal grunt and muttered, "Well, it's a living, I suppose."

Smaugthesilver

Laeli falls silent, feeling rather stung that Gwaine is (as she sees it) rejecting her attempts at normal conversation. Around an hour later sje glances at him.
"We're almost there."

DragonSong

"Oh, thank gods," he sighed, seeing the outline of the city in the distance.

"Hey, look." He tilted his head and offered a small smile. "Why don't you and Runt stay the night with me and Da? Least I can do, and you could do with a decent meal."

Smaugthesilver

"Yeah." She nods quietly "Yeah. That'd be a nice change from dragon-fried rabbit." Laeli makes a disgusted expression.
"You wouldn't wanna taste it."

DragonSong

He chuckled quietly. "I believe you. Neither Da nor I are great cooks, but it's better than camping."

It was easier to talk about it as if it was a sure thing that his father would be waiting for him.

Smaugthesilver

Laeli nods once more, then glances back.
"This landing's gonna be rough. Hold on tight." before runt dives.

DragonSong

Gwaine let out a quiet yelp and did as she said, clutching at the spike in front of him.

Smaugthesilver

Runt's dive is actually quite shallow, as Runt and Laeli often dives almost vertically, but for a blacksmith on his first few dragon rides, and at the speed they're going, it's scary and it's all Laeli can do to grab runt's spine, first dipping forwards as Runt swoops down, then back as he brakes suddenly, his wings spread out fully, taking them from breakneck speed to mildly fast is ten seconds. As soon as he's slowed down enough, Runt lands heavily in a forest clearing.
"Which side if Ketra is your house again? Laeli questions Gwaine, hopping down nimbly from Runt, and offering Gwaine her hand to help him get down.

Wyvern

Arthur and Gilgamesh had been out for a midnight ride when they were caught in the storm, unable to do anything else they landed and took shelter until the storm had passed. After some time had passed the storm ended and Arthur had gotten to head home when he saw the dragon take to the air. As the dragon flew away he noticed that that something was wrong with the way it was flying, based on the speed at which it was travelling it should not have been working so hard.  "It must have taken some damage in that storm." Arthur went and packed up his belongings, loaded them into Gilgamesh's saddle and when he was sure that everything was secure, he climbed into the saddle.  "Gil we are going to go help them with that dragon, so hurry and catch up to them!" with that Gilgamesh took to the sky as well following the the other dragon, in fact it's a wonder that the other riders didn't notice the large purple dragon following them. While he was following the dragon and its unknown riders Arthur noticed that they were headed for Ketra, as the city came into view the dragon fell, at the angel he was watching the group from Arthur couldn't tell if the dragon had collapsed from exhaustion or if it was a purposeful dive.  "Gil we can't take the chance that this was on purpose, if that dragon crashes things are going to get a lot worse, help them!"  Gilgamesh did as he was asked, he dove after the other dragon letting lose a mighty roar but, they both knew that they were not going to make it, they would pass over, missing the dragon by a good fifty feet thankfully they were not needed at all as just before they passed over the group Arthur saw their dragon spread his wings and land. Using his wings to help him stop Gilgamesh landed one hundred feet in front of the other dragon as Arthur dismounted and ran to where the other dragon had landed."Are you alright? Your not hurt are you?"

Smaugthesilver

Years of self-training and having to constantly be on her guard had tought Laeli how to tell when she was followed. Despite her young age, Laeli was well aware of the fact they'd been followed.

So when she turned round, her dagger was in her hand and she wasn't suprised at all.
"Who are you amd why were you following us?" she retorts, slightly calmed by the presence of the large purple dragon by the man's side.

Anyone with a dragon, in her eyes, is much more likley to be friedly.

(OCC: anyone here feel the need to have a posting order?)

Wyvern

"Uh...well..." a look of fear crossed his face but, it slowly changed to one of a man deep in thought and finally one of determination. "My name is Arthur Wyvernheart Dragonrider of Adela " Arthur motions to his dragon"and this is my partner Gilgamesh. Earlier when you first took to the sky on your dragon i noticed that it was injured and i wanted to help.  That's all, i will admit following you all the way here was rather foolish when i could have just introduced my self. I have some knowledge in the use of life magic, will you allow me to mend the wounds of your dragon?"

(OCC: It would make things easier but, it's up to you)

Smaugthesilver

The guarded look somewhat receeds from Laeli's face as she lowers her dagger, still alert.

"Very well. You seem harmless,  and Runt is in sore need of healing. Thank you for offering." She turns her back on Arthur, offering her hand once again to Gwaine.

DragonSong

Completely at sea, Gwaine took the girl's hand and shifted a bit to pull her protectively against his side. He stayed quiet, deciding to wait the situation out rather than make a rash decision.

Smaugthesilver

Laeli, still staring suspiciously at Arthur, steps aside, half dragging Gwaine with her.
"I'll calm him down." she mutters, sending a refreshing wave of calm at Runt.

Wyvern

Once the dragon had calmed down Arthur moved over next to it in order to examine it's wounds. As Arthur removes Runt's bandages a concerned look flashes across his face.  After regaining his composure Arthur places his hand over the damaged areas of Runt's wings,  as Arthur chants the words of the spell under his breath the area around his hands starts to emit a warm incandescent light. After a few moments the light dies down and Arthur slowly walks over to Gilgamesh with a noticeably sick look on his face. After finding some dried meat in Gilgamesh's saddlebags Arthur promptly falls to the ground and begins to eat. " Mm... I continue to forget that if i use holy magic i require something to eat, ha ha."  Arthur looks to the others " so how did your dragon get those injuries?  Well i guess the question i should be asking is who was it that was attempting to end your lives?"

Smaugthesilver

Laeli noded thankfully after Runts wounds were healed.
"Dragon-slavers." she spits in answer to Arthur's question.

Wyvern

"Blast! I have heard the rumors but, i had hoped that they were false rumors." Arthur stands up with a confused look on his face, "but, why would the Dragon-slavers be attacking you? Sure you have a dragon but they would be better off letting you go without drawing attention to themselves..." After a few moments of silence Arthur looks to Laeli with a questioning look "what did you do?"   

Smaugthesilver

"We only set free a dozen newly captured dragons, and I've only ever set free any dragons of theirs I can set my hands on, oh AND I'm only the person who's training the dagons to evade capture. Gee, why would they want to go after us?"

Wyvern

Arthur stood motionless, blank expression on his face. "Y-you released the captured dragons!?" his expression slowly changing to a grin. "Ha ha ha ha, that's great!" Arthur quickly becoming more serious "But, they might still be trying to find you so we should get you two some where safe until we decide what to do next." Arthur turns and climbs into Gilgamesh's saddle, at which point Gilgamesh jumps into the air, flying around the group  and after a few moments Arthur shouts to the others "well are you going to wait here all day and let the dragon-slavers find you? Come on!"