Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Meeting of Hellfire (Pegasus_Milk) [Darkened Skies Event]

Started by KingTyrant, August 30, 2016, 06:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingTyrant

The Demon of Chaos, Saevic, looked up at the tall peak before him, mist obscuring his view of the full mountaintop as him and a band of demonic warriors headed up towards a cave in the side of the jagged rock. They had been hiking for well over two hours, Saevic keeping the wyvern eggs he had obtained prior to his arrival in the Thunderblacks hidden in his coat. "The dragon is just ahead... We should proceed with caution." A demon warned Saevic, who blinked up at the cave with a blank expression. "Trust me... She won't attack. I can promise that much." He spoke, continuing up in front of the group.

Saevic, ever since feeling the tremendous force of Nevira's return, had decided to play his own hand in the coming days of destruction. He had raided many dragon nests, studying various species and breeds, raising them in secrecy all while thinking of ways to get Nevira's forces on his side. All for his own gain, of course. So far, he had 12 hatchling dragons in his possession, each hidden on the other side of the tall mountains, where Saevic had escaped when Tri raided his first outpost. The red-clad warrior had escaped with two of Saevic's precious eggs, but he didn't think much of it. This dragon in the cave just ahead held the best chance of allying him with Nevira. And there was no way she'd attack him if she knew he had dragons in his possession, let alone eggs on his person.

The warriors followed Saevic cautiously toward the cave. They could've sworn they heard the dragon's breaths from within, but saevic didn't seem to care. He walked up, clutching the sides of his coat as he faced the entrance to the cave, a stoic look on his face. "Wait here." He ordered, the demons all looking baffled. "You could be killed!" One protested, Saevic not turning his attention to him as he walked in. "I said wait." He hissed, the demon immediately silencing himself. Saevic could feel the heat rising as he went deeper, everything around him pitch-black except for the slim light at the entrance. Not afraid of the beast that lay within, he opened his mouth to speak. "I know you're here. I know you can see me. Show yourself, and think twice before striking me down."

Pegasus_Milk

A growl rumbled from the back of Baia's throat as she sat silent in the shadows. The female wyvern was careful not to step into the light as the glint of her golden scales would certainly give her away. She had sensed Saevic's presence coming into the cave and was now waiting for the moment for him to slip up so she could pounce.

She readying herself for attack when he spoke and she froze. So he knew she was here.

The wyvern didn't dwell on how he knew she was here but focused on the fact that he was here and finding out what he wanted. She listened as he warned to think twice about attacking him and she openly laughed at his words. Who was he to tell her whether or not to attack him, she would make the decision. He was in her and was therefore trespassing. Didn't he know the dragon code?

Her tail flicked out from underneath her as she rose to her feet, carefully avoiding all patches of light and carefully positioned herself so she could see him but he couldn't see her. Her lips curled, revealing her pointed fangs, as she spoke out. "And why would I do that?"

KingTyrant

Saevic blinked at her words, feeling her hot breath against his face as she spoke. "It wouldn't be wise of you. After all, I have a proposition to make." He said, pulling the three eggs from his coat, presenting them to her. "Let's not forget that if you attack me, then you'll only serve to put these little findings of mine in great danger." He said, as stoically as ever.

"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Saevic, and contrary to what you may believe, I do not walk among the mortal men of Le'ranna. I am of much superior design, and I have been created with the sole purpose of causing destruction to this realm. Humanity, in particular." He explained his cause with a calm, unnerving tone in his voice, almost as if everything he had said was just simple business. His red, piercing gaze shone in the darkness, revealing an evil like none other, with little to no remorse for very many others.

He looked directly in front of him, trying to gauge where the wyvern's own eyes were. "Tell me... Do our aspirations intertwine? You are rather infamous, as far as the filth of Adela are concerned. Many men fear your kind, and for good reason. You, like many of your kind, hate humans. Much like me." He went right into his manipulation game, using his silver tongue to his advantage as he tried to make an ally out of her.

"You must've felt that tremor deep within the belly of the Earth. I know I did. That's a being you fear, isn't it? One much more than yourself. One you look up to." He said, hinting at Nevira's return. The wyvern must've known more about it than him. "Now... My proposition. I wish to be involved with whatever is being planned. I wish to bring humanity to its knees, and you and I can help each other greatly. We both can find our way into this little uprising that's being planned. All it takes is a spark of chaos..." A tiny chuckle escaped his lips.

Pegasus_Milk

Baia felt a growl rumble from the back of her throat as soon as she caught sight of the eggs. How dare he use defensless eggs for whatever bargaining he was doing. She met his eyes, boring into them even though she wasn't quite sure that he knew where her eyes were.

Her interest was perked as soon as he mentioned the uprising. It was no secret that she hated humans, as did other dragons and wyverns, and ever since the earth had begun to tremble beneath them and tensions had started to rise. She knew that the uprising was bound to happen any day now.

She sighed. He knew how to get someone on his side.

"What do you have in mind?"

KingTyrant

Saevic revealed a small hint of a smile as she gave in, and finally requested to know his vile plans. "I cannot accomplish my goals with juvenile dragons. They'll be grown in time, but not quickly enough for my liking... We need the best in Adela... Ones with strong bodies and weak minds, lusting for something greater. Freedom, in specific." He placed his hands behind his back, facing the exit to the cave.

From here, even so far back into the darkness of the cave, the two had a magnificent view of the vast Draconi Forest, which spewed out a flock of birds and rang out with the loud roar of an animal every now and then. Pointing, he cast his gaze back at her. "Just north of us... The market capital of Adela. Ketra... Here is where the rodents keep their stables. No horses, though... No. Dragons, like yourself, kept as mounts for the 'brave, courageous' Dragon Riders. Ketra is our target."

He turned back to her, his arms still behind his back. "The dragons within Ketra's stables are much like slaves. Any proposition of freedom will reduce them to mere putty in our hands." He explained, making a fist in front of him to emphasize his point. "We order the utter annihilation of the vile capital. Let the world know who has returned, and let the one who has returned know of her newest accomplices." The mere mention of Ketra's destruction almost made him salivate.

He could see it now... A small army of furious, winged beasts soaring over the city, shrouding it in blankets of blistering fire. He could already hear the doomed screams of the peasants and townsfolk, running for their lives as everything around them gets slowly consumed by a vengeful conflagration. "So... Tell me... Do you wish to see the humans burn in dragon's fire?"

Pegasus_Milk

Baia's blood boiled at the thought of countless of her dragon brothers and sisters chained up like horses, with no rights and being used as mounts being their only purpose.

A growl escaped her once more, although she hated showing her emotions to this stranger. She gazed across the huge forest imagining what it must be like to be chained up with no freedom. And people wondered why dragons despised humans so much.

She stepped out of the shadows, revealing herself to Saevic. She fixed him with her fiery gaze and nodded. "I have wished for to long to see the humans overrun in dragon's flames."

(Sorry it's so short, I've been busy)

KingTyrant

(No worries.)

Saevic gave a satisfied nod, his eyes burning into hers as she revealed her magnificent form. "Then I can trust that you and I will bring destruction together?" He asked, though the answer was fairly clear at this point. He turned, preparing to walk from the cave. "Let me be clear... I ask that you not do it for me, or even for the leader of the uprising, but for those damned to serve in Ketra. Do it in their name, and in the name of revenge against the cretins who keep them chained."

His words were laced with malice against the humans as he looked over his shoulder at her, now a mere silhouette against the light of the outside world. He didn't wait for her final answer, but simply accepted their partnership with a final leaving word. "I'll meet you near the stables. Stay discrete, wyvern. I'd rather surprise the humans, wouldn't you?" He asked.

With that, standing on the jagged edge of the harrowing mountain, his skin began to crack and flicker away in tiny embers. The embers grew, his demonic form slowly blowing away in a cloud of burning ash, which blew off into the distance. His demonic followers watched, nodding to each other before blowing away in the soft breeze in a similar fashion. The glowing ashes combined in a singular, menacing cloud, which aimed in Ketra's direction.

Pegasus_Milk

(Ohmygosh I'm so sorry. I actually posted a reply two days ago but it seems like it didn't go through. Again I'm sorry. I'm not normally this slow when it comes to rping I promise!)

Baia looked at him sharply. Not shying away from his penetrating gaze. "I know." She began breezily. Turning tail, moving away from him. "The only reason I'm joining you is to free the dragons from the chains of humans. I'm not serving any master nor looking to please."

Still having her back turned to him, she gazed upon the forest but flinched and whirled around upon seeing vapours of ash flit from the place were the unusual man? had stood. Wondering what happened to him she then turned back to watch his ashes descend above the forest below.