Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Night Mother's Children [Guild Members Only]

Started by WallyD, March 22, 2017, 06:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

Sammuel stormed down the dark hall, his presence seemed to make the touch lights dim. The other members of the Night Mother's Creed, the Children, moved out of his way, bowing as the Boogeyman rushed by.

Sammuel had just returned home from a mission for the Night Father. He had spent almost a year in the shadows, waiting for the right time to strike. Then this other came in and ruined everything. Sammuel turned the corner sharply, a thud came from behind him as something he was dragging hit the wall.

All he had to do was slowly kill the man. Take everything away from him, bit by bit. And Sammuel was almost done, but then this amateur , came in and killed the noble man. A Child didn't move out of the Boogeyman's way fast enough. Arms shot out of his back, digging themselves into her, and ripped her apart, her blood covered the faces of her  brother and sisters.

The noble man had made a deal with the Night Father and faild to keep his end of the bargain. The Night Father sent Sammuel to slowly destroy Sir Callmans life. First, all his allies turned on him. Next he started to lose his money then his wife and daughter. After that, it was children's play. Drunken nights filled with nightmares. The man was losing his mind, but then there was a younger man. He came in and sliced the noble man's head. Sammuel became angered, all his work. Wasted.

Sammuel pushed open the doors to the Families throne room. Sammuel yelled and tossed the body of the amateur who stole his kill into the center of the room. The Family looked, calm and used to the Boogeyman's rage.

"This man ruined everything! Did you send him to kill Sir Callmans!" Sammuel demand, looking at every one of the Family. Night Sister cleared her throat, crossing her hands.

"Sammuel," She purred, "We would have sent another if we did not think that you can handle yourself. So, no we did not."

Sammuel yelled, an arm shot out, grabbing a Child nearby and crushed his head. The Night Sister flinched as the blood sprouting from his head hit her own. She looked at Sammuel and locked some of the blood off her lips. Night Father cleared his own throat, getting Sammuel's attention.

"We did not send this man. Did you ask him?"

"No-"

"Did he tell you we sent him?"

"No, but-"

"Than you dam fool!" The Night Father said, standing up. "If you did not talk to him and he you, than he could have been from someone else! Did you think that?"

Sammuel shuffled, letting the body drop to the floor.

"No..."

"Then find out!"

Grgr

Hap only had enough time to wince before his head exploded. Hap was basically immortal, so it did nothing but cause him some pain, also it was going to take a long time for him to put it back together properly. Slowly, while avoiding The Bogeyman, he grabbed the pieces of his head.

When the Night Father started yelling Hap slamed his body to the ground, no longer moving. The Family were probably the only ones who knew how to kill him, so Hap took care never to anger them, others like the Bogeyman could only hurt him a lot, but eventually they would get bored of it and release him.

Hap stays laying on the ground until he hears the Night Father sitting back down. Hap slowly starts to move again, once more collecting bits of his head.

WallyD

Sammuel turned around and walked out if the room. He noticed that the Child he had killed before was walking around, his flesh was coming back together. Sammuel scoffed and continued to walk. The Night Father gave him a new mission, and unfortunately that meant Sammuel had to go back to Thanatos. As he walked down the dark halls he grabbed a Child. She stopped and bowed.

"Yes Cleansd one."

"You are coming with me. I need you to pack a bag and optain a way of transportation to Thanatos." Sammuel said, yawning. "I'm going to take a nap.

The Child hesitated before answering.

"Yes Cleansed one." She said quickly and took off. Sammuel continued to walk and went to his room. Shutting the door behind him.

Grgr

Hap finishes messily putting his head back together, and it was not that pretty. That being said if he took the time to put it back on properly, that would take a month or so. Hap stands up and bows to the Night Family.

"Excuse my impoliteness, Night Family. Should I continue my report?"

"Go ahead." The Night Father says.

"As you wish. Back in Yoreiq my surveillance is finished. All targets are dead and the funds recaptured. There was a slight mishap when someone tried to steal the money but they failed. The body's have been disposed of." Hap says and finishes his report.

"Hmm... It seems like there are people interfering with our missions. The Bogeyman was the 7th one to report interferences with their missions... Child." The Night Father looks to Hap.

"Yes Night Father?" Hap responds.

"Join the Bogeyman. Tell him not to blow up your head, next time."

"... As you wish." Hap slowly backs out and then leaves. Hap turns and looks for a child lower rank than him.

"Where has the Bogeyman gone?" He asks one.

"The cleansed one has left for a nap. He sent Mia to pack a bag and make a transportation to Thanatos." The Child says. Hap nod and turns and heads to find Mia.

WallyD

Sammuel stretched, his tattoos rippling as he did so. He walked over to a makeshift bed and sat down. Sammuel closed his eyes and when he opened them, he wasn't in his room anymore.

The Boogeyman doesn't sleep like others. When Sammuel closes his eyes to 'rest' his soul is taken to another dementation, one where the real beast sleeps.

Sammuel stood up, walking over to the bar, pulling out a wine glass and filling it up. A shadow crept behind him, advoid the one light in the room. The room wasn't even a room. It was black, empty space. Sammuel can think of anything in here and it'll show up, though it feels real, non of it is.

"So... Have you grown tired of the humans?" a voice said, it's breath was cold and inky. When Sammuel first met the Boogeyman, he thought that he was going to die from it.

"No. I still have use. I just need a few more items then I can summon the Night Mother." Sammuel said, taking a drink from his wine glass. The shadow shit forward, moving angerly.

"We not need her! I can give you everything you need." the shadow hissed. Sammuel chuckled and swatted the shadow away like a fly, then walked over to the single chair in the room.

"No. She is more powerful than you. We both know that." Sammuel said sitting down. "I just need to find the last two. Then I can get what I deserve."

There was a sudden knock. Sammuel opened his eyes, exiting the dream like state he was in. He stood and moved over to his door opening it.

"What do you need?"

Grgr

Hap lowers his head to the Bogeyman.

"I have been ordered to join you on your mission, Cleansed One." Hap says, his head still facing the ground, not to anger the Bogeyman. Hap repared his face, but it still looked like it was destroyed a few seconds ago.

WallyD

Sammuel felt his anger rise. If this Child was ordered to come with him then the Family did not think he could handle it himself. Sammuel felt the Boogeyman slowly come out but he paused. He could use this Child to his advantage. The Boogeyman took a step back, turning around, grabbing a pack and tossed it at the Child.

"You are to carry my things. When we reach Thanatos, you will be doing the investigation, I'll just be there to watch you. Just think of it as getting my approval." Sammuel said, walking past the Child and down the hall, ready to leave.

Grgr

Hap catches the bag thrown by the Bogeyman.

"As you wish Cleansed One." Hap puts the bag on and turns to follow the Bogeyman. Hap felt irritated by the Bogeyman. Hap's orders were to join the Bogeyman, not complete his mission for him, but what choice did he have? Hap completely hid his irritation, as an undead his face hold no emotion unless he really wants it to, and followed after the Bogeyman.

WallyD

It took a couple of days to get to the docks and finally Thanatos. Sammuel walked off the ship, the moon directly above. He could see the house parties, the whole island was light up, making Sammuel sneer. He walked over to an ally and turned to the Child.

"I leave you here. You will want to go to Sir Callmans' villa, there should have been an investigation, so most of his things were most likely moved. Found out if there was anything about another deal. After that, go to the North Sea Side, that'll be the shady side of town. Find this man," Sammuel said, handing the Child a paper. "Nothing goes by him without him knowing. This guy probably paid him to kill Sir. Callmans. He probably also left a name. When you find the name, head back to the docks, I will be there and will take over the rest. Got it? Good. Now go." Sammuel said, turning to a bar, leaving the Child behind.

Grgr

"As you wish." Hap says. Hap grabs the paper and opens his pack of information he had collected on the way here. Hap turns and walks away, with a sight frown on his face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of hours latter, Hap looks up from his pack of information, to see Sir Callmans' villa in front of him. The Villa was a grand place, magnificent wooden walls and perfectly carved stone pillars, a type of expensive marble Hap notices, and wonderfully build gate. Or what used to be a gate. It was quite obvious that someone of strong strength left here in a hurry. The metal bars were completely crushed and shoved to each side. There were guards, probably the city's by the symbols and armor they were wearing. The guards were wearing leather armor, with bits of metal fashionably attached here or there that was also covering vital organs.

Hap pulls out a flask of alcohol and drains it. Now changing his steady walk into that of a drunk, he wobbles his way to the guards.

"Halt! What business do you have here?" One of the guards ask when Hap gets closer.

"Hello! Hic! My name, hic, is Fedel! Hic! This is my house, hic." HE was making drunked sounds as he keeps on walking closer to the guards. Out of the corner of his eye Hap sees one of the guards grab onto the hilt of his sword.

'Quite the cautious one hey?' Hap thinks to him self.

"Sir, I am going to have to ask you to step back." Says the lazy one. The cautious one frowns as he looks at Hap. Hap is now with in 5 feet to the guards. The cautious one draws his blade. "Newbie, it's just a drunk, no need for your blade." The lazy one says.

"Something is wron-" The cautious one didn't get to say another word. Hap's hand slams in to  the lazy ones throat, and with a pop, the neck splits open, blood flying everywhere. The cautious stood in shock, he probably had never seen so much blood before. The cautious tries to move, but he was to slow. Haps hand slams it to his chest and the cautious flies and slams into the wall. He slumps to the ground, unconscious. Hap cracks his neck and forces himself to throw up the alcohol onto the cautious one.

Hap snickers and walks inside. The house was almost completely empty and the stuff that was there were the heavy items. Hap grunts ans he starts to go through everything left behind. Hap exits the house a couple of minutes later, carrying a rather expensive piece of furniture, while whistling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hap walks out to the North Sea Side and starts to look around, still carrying the furniture. Hap looks around and finds someone.

"Hello sir, do you know where this man is?" HAp asks and holds up the photo.

"I an't talking to you." The man responds, not even looking at the paper. Hap frowns.

"I am not asking for your time free, you can have this." Hap lowers the heavy and large piece of furniture. The man peeks at it and slowly nods his head. He turns his head and looks at the paper.

"That's Mr. Black. What cha' need 'im for?" The man asks.

"Thats for me to know and for you to guess, friend. So, where is he?" Hap asks once more. The man points to a door with a sign of a black top hat, with a white rim.

"Ye'll find 'im there." Hap nods and walks to the building in the distance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you want?" The bodyguard asks Hap.

"I'm here to see Mr. Black." Hap responds. The man looks Hap up and down and then opens the door.

"My bad, you didn't seem like the type. This way sir." The bodyguard leads the way, his attitude more polite.

'The type?' Hap thinks as he walks.

"Here sir." The bodyguard says and opens the door. Hap walks inside and he turns around when he hears the door lock behind him. The bodyguard locked the door on his way out. Hap frowned but turns back around and walked deeper into the room.

It seemed to be a bedroom.

'...... It better not be what I think this is.......' Hap's frown deepens.

A man walks out for a corner, he was wearing a black top hat, and a skin tight suit that almost made Hap throw up again.

"Hello sexy...." The man purrs as he walks towards Hap.

"Don't even think about it. Get changed, I'm here to talk business." Hap picks up a shirt and a pants that was on the ground and tosses it to the man. The man frowns but changes.

"Your Mr. Black right?"

"What gave it away sexy? The hat or the suit?"

".... The hat. Also, don't call me sexy."

"Aright beautiful. How do you want to do this?" The man smiles coyly.

"The Bogeyman sent me." Hap say, to finally get this over with. The man  freezes and stares at Hap before looking for a way out. "Calm down, I just want some information. I would also like to get it without violence, but that's up to you."  Hap says.

"... What is it?"

"Sir. Callmans. Who killed Sir. Callmans?"

".... That's a very important piece of information your asking for."

"It's not me asking, it's the Bogeyman."

"....."

"....."

After a minute of staring at each other Mr. Black finally gives in.

"Fine, here's what I know....."

Hap left the in an extremely bad mood. The news he got pissed him off, and now he was rushing to the docks to meet with the bogeyman.

=======================================================

Somewhere else a man, no a boy of the age of 16 wakes up covered in bad smelling alcohol. He grunts and sits up and see the dead body of his co-worker and promptly throws up. He pulls him self to his feet and stumbles off into the night.

WallyD

Sammuel walked out of the water, wiping the water off his face and putting his clothes back on, placing the Gods Eye into a pouch. He started back up the cliff side, by the time Sammuel got to the docks, he was dry and he could see the Child waiting, his face sour. The Boogeyman smiled, chuckling, knowing that the Child had met Mr. Black.

"Child. Did you get the information that we need." Sammuel said, walking up from behind the Child.r

Grgr

Hap turns around and faces the Bogeyman.

"You have interesting friends Cleansed One. And they come with annoying news." Hap turns back to the water. He tossed the last stone that was in his hand and turn back to face the Bogeyman. He sighs.

"An old enemy of mine seems to be orchestrating this. She might be doing this because I am in the guild, but I doubt it. She's most likely doesn't know and just took a random job that happend to interfere with the Night Mother's wishes. Her name is Loka and she's an assassin for hire. And extremely good one. She's managed to take off my head 10 times, and that was not due to the lack of me trying to protect it. She did it for fun and likes to torment me. She's stronger than me by a lot, and that's when she's fighting me like I'm a joke." Hap glares off in to the distance. Hap's head wasn't the only thing Loka took off many times.

Tags: