Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crocodile on the Sand Bank

Started by visualspice, March 21, 2014, 04:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It was the itch she could not scratch, the shade of a tree at highnoon that was tucked away, or the flea inside your dress you could not see-
That was Emyr, and as the day went on, and each hot hour passed, she finally calmed down enough not to be chewing on her tongue (or the inside of her cheek). In fact, she was finally able to enjoy herself a little, finding a pretty little white dress to buy that she instantly fell in love with, and some gold jewelry to match.  She was also opening a new trade partner, so as far as she was concerned, Emyr no longer existed unto her!

So with her ego in check, and her pride back in line, she and her entourage began to make their way home- and as far as she was concerned, no one could mess up this day-
that was, until she passed by the wood workers tent, which was now closed, and noticed a new vanity on display-
and instantly her heart sank as she recalled the auction-

and most unlike her, she felt the faint prickling of tears before she turned away, blinking them back as she told her party to keep moving forward.
The last thing she wanted was to have the end of this day ruined by  the memory of him.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GoblinFae

He had nearly forgotten about his encounter with Evelyn as he bargained late into the afternoon when even the most indecisive customers had already made all their purchases and moved on. It was only as he was on his way home that Emyr once more bumped into the testy woman as she was staring longingly at a handsomely carved vanity.

"My, my," he gleefully mused aloud. "I never figured you to be quite so vain as to tear up in awe at the sight of your own reflection. Careful you don't catch your reflection in a pool of water or else you fall so in love with yourself you drown yourself."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

Evelyn nearly leaped out of her skin at his voice.
"You!" She narrowed her gaze at him and turned her nose up towards the sky. "There was sand in my eye, if you must know. But you Essyrnis... I believe you are all so immune to your desert that you wouldn't understand."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GoblinFae

"Not so much immune as built with stronger constitutions meant to withstand such small irritations that a delicate flower like yourself would struggle fiercely to overcome. Call it what you will I consider it a compliment nonetheless.

"Now then," he restarted with a bit if a smirk. "If you're quite done attempting to insult me and my pride, I was about to invite you to the comfort of my home for the evening meal if you would be willing that is to grace my humble abode with your presence."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

Evelyn had a tongue full of words she could through after him, but when he went on to confess an invitation, her words fell short, and she found herself gaping at him like a fish. Her eyes flicked up and down his form.
"You would never."

Really, who was he trying to convince?

GoblinFae

Emyr tutted and threw his hands in the air. "Well I would if you would stop insulting me," he replied sounding extremely vexed. "Are you quite done now, Evelyn or do you still have some ill-placed jibes left in there for me?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Miss Gray went quiet, face going long and tongue becoming dry. Her left brow twitched a little at him before she took a step back, drew in a long breath and released it as she looked him over.

But when she opened her mouth to speak, nothing came out but a puff of hot air, and words that never formed. She opened her lips again, lashes fluttering before trying again.

"I shall still my tongue long enough to humor you."
And keeping her shoulders back, she lifted up her chin and waited for him to go on. But the second she smelled anything fishy from him, she was not going to hold back those comments, or her huff attitude towards him, for long.

GoblinFae

"Oh how magnanimous of you my dear," he whispered mostly to himself. "Now then, as I was saying I would like to invite you to the comfort of my home for the evening meal if you would be so willing that is to grace my humble abode with your presence." Emyr smirked as he quite literally repeated himself verbatim. "It would be an honor to serve The Lady."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Evelyn tried to keep cool, to keep calm, so she worked on slow and steady breathing first. Propriety dictated that she accepted, but she was still skeptical as to why the invitation was extended, and the little jab by using her nickname among the Essyrni's made her brow twitch just once more.

After a moment, she sighed and took a moment to recompose herself for the thousandth time that day.

"And.... if I were to decline this evening... if I were already with plans?"

GoblinFae

Emyr put on a solemn expression as he replied very quietly. "I would be deeply offended as my people seem to be under the impression that the Lady Evelyn is too good for the likes of us. I believe this to be untrue and seek only to disprove such a baseless rumor. But perhaps I was...mistaken?" he whispered the last word, his tone challenging even as his face remained dejected and remorseful.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Her lips tightened as she fought against the thousand of tiny voices screaming inside her head. And it was after just half a moment's time before she finally conceded.

"Well, I suppose you are in luck, Lord  Kasabian, as I am free." And she gave a sigh and rigid nod. "Now if you don't mind.... I have many things to attend to." And she moved to turn from him but paused and turned back around. "Oh, and about those... rumors," she went on, tightening her lips again. "It is not that I feel too good for the Essyrnis, just to clarify."

For in truth, no one even truly bothered to invite her- except for those who were known to invite everyone. Then again, there were also a select few- but they tended to be at the lower end of the pool of the wealthy.

GoblinFae

'On the contrary, it is what you know to be true,' he thought to himself, his face not betraying even an ounce of his thoughts. Instead, Emyr bid her farewell until the evening and returned to his own business before arriving home and giving the orders to make arrangements for his guest.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Evelyn could not believe what she had agreed to do! And she was flustered all afternoon and found herself with clammy hands as she prepared. Her golden hair was curled, her body thoroughly washed, kohl lining her eyes- and just about anything that was expected of a lady guest. She even wore perfume, and made sure it was a local one, just incase the man dare scrutinize her smell as well. And once she was re-dressed in a more appropriate white, evening gown, she finally made her way to Emyr's estate.

She knew exactly where it was, so as her carriage rolled down the way she simply sighed and stared out the window towards the passing palms and the glittering, setting sun cast across the Niafi. She knew this place well enough cause she always tried to avoid this area. It left her with a bad taste in her mouth, and the second she was moving up the street, just about everyone turned to look.

Evelyn pretended not to notice or care, keeping her head up high and to appear as regal and arrogant as she could. She was not about to be brought down by simple stares- even if it ruffled her feathers. But she remained composed and when Emyr's manor stretched into view, she waited for her carriage to come to a halt before stepping out and examining the small garden he had outfront. Not many Essyrni's could boast a garden, but she supposed a man like him was inclined to have one- to show off his wealth, naturally.

While she waited, she idly rubbed off the clammy sweat that kept collecting on her palms. Damn humid night...
Why couldn't the air be dry like it normally was? Peering up at the sky she noticed dark clouds.

How peculiar-
It rarely rained in the desert. And she couldn't help but wonder if it was some sort of a sign.

GoblinFae

Emyr himself was there to open the door for Evelyn, having shooed away the servant whose job it normally was. "Good evening, my dear," he purred, bowing lowly before sweeping his arm back to allow her entry. "Allow me to welcome you to my humble abode. I trust the ride here was pleasant?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Evelyn gave him a skeptical once over before giving a rigid nod and stepping into his home. Though she felt this tightness within her, as if she were stepping into a cell, she tried to keep herself level headed. After all, she didn't need to give more fuel to the public to mar her name anymore than they already have.

"Humble? I suppose you could call it that, but it seems you live in a place that's as grand as any other home I've visited," she simply replied, and paused to turn to him. "And yes, my ride was pleasant."

GoblinFae

"I would not doubt you have seen finer homes in your own homeland, my dear," he chided playfully. "Now come, come," Emyr beckoned her further into his home as they made their way towards the dining room where the evening meal was already laid out for them. "Does my presence bother you so much, my dear? You look as if you've entered an asp den and are waiting for one to strike."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Still blushing, Evelyn was tongue tied into no reply. Really! His comment was rude yet... did he think that little smirk of his could cover up what he really meant? She knew there was ulterior motives here. She just wasn't sure just what they were yet. Perhaps just to mock her, but he could do that in broad day light. And in fact, he recently had.

And as she followed along, very rigidly, mind you! and was actually called out on it, well that was a bit more than she could accept and she stopped in midstride to glare at him. And with a sigh, she tried to calm herself as she kept all of her dignity in place.

"I assure you, it is not your presence that is the bother. But it is not good to talk of unpleasant things when in the company of another. So let's talk about how your evening is going and what sort of dinner you have prepared." ANd as they moved further into the house, she could begin to smell it.

"Is that crab?"
She was rather fond of crab...
And only a little bit of her rigidenss softened at the smell.

GoblinFae

Emyr chuckled softly, not at all offended by her brusk comments that others of his people might have been. He had grown up away from his mother's kind for many years and knew exactly the brand of cruelty of those further mainland.

He quirked a brow though at her question and turned his head enough to peek at her from the corner of his eye. "It is possible. We did recently receive some merchandise from the coast. It would not surprise me to learn there were some delicacies included as gifts. Would that be a problem if it was? I suppose I could speak with the cook about changing the menu," he murmured the last allowing the statement to trail off as he awaited her answer.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

"Change the menu?" And all of the flowering tongue that came up before that proposal made her frown. "That would be absurd. Crab is quite delightful. Though if you're proposing it was a gifted meal, and not meant to be prepared to be seen as a gift to me, then I suppose I could not argue with your logic if you wished to change it."
But such wordy tongues made her tired, and she sighed, her shoulders drooping ever so slight.

"But honestly, I am your guest, and I suppose I am the victim of whatever awaits me for this evenings festivities?"
And she immediately regretted her choice of words.. but really, how was a woman to think when the man kept looking at her, head cocked to one side much like a hawk studying a mouse in the valley and growing hungrier for dinner.

Speaking of hungry, she hoped any obvious signs of her own hunger weren't noticed, as her stomach softly rumbled as she averted her eyes from his and began to look around his home.

"Well, are you going to show me around your home?" As was at least the etiquette in most places! "Or offer me a drink?" Thoguhs he couldn't believe she was spewing out such demands instead of letting him get to it-
But Kia! She needed a drink!

GoblinFae

His eyes narrowed slightly in displeasure and hurt. "I said nothing of the kind. Such cruelty you hurl at me when I have been nothing but gracious to you in my own home. What great offense have I done you to deserve such venom? I merely suggested a change to better suit your tastes if they do not match my own. I will leave it as it is then," he informed her tightly, refusing to even look at her as she repeatedly insulted his pride.

It was one thing that Emyr had invited her as a bit of fun for himself to throw her off kilt but to have her cast his generosity back in his face as if it was nothing more than second-hand filth was another thing entirely. If she was so intent on playing the victim then he would let her see who the true victim was in the face of all her flailing accusations.

"The dining hall is this way," Emyr began formally as he led her away, "Perhaps then you can find a drink appease you though I suppose with your apparent opinion of me, nothing will."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]