Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Home is Where the World Accepts You [OPEN]

Started by ConnlaothianMage, July 05, 2014, 06:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConnlaothianMage

The cold and bitter wind was blowing a constant tempo against the skull of one man as he walked through the land that was against him all the time. A land so unlike home that he could hardly claim it as anything other than a prison he was forced to stay in. The ground was hard like ice but without actually having any on its surface, and the mountains were constantly introducing more wind to make the land even colder. Luckily the man was wearing wool or he would freeze and die in this place that he despised with every bone in his body.

Soft footsteps were unheard of to most men in Connlaoth but not to the man walking for he was not built like them. He had long arms and legs that were muscled but not as heavily as a soldier of the kingdom and that was a blessing in disguise when he constantly had to run from those soldiers. He was young and fit enough to be in the army like all others his age but the man was Asher, a mage who couldn't stop because he was open about it. Magic was a sin and against one of the cardinal rules of the area so needless to say, a mage was watched with distrust. Yet Asher had escaped when he was but a young boy by not showing his ability until it was too late for them.

Of course Mordecai were still looking for him but that didn't mean that he couldn't evade them. All a Mordecai was good for was canceling magic and as long as Asher didn't stop to fight them then he was safe. So he ran every day, never staying in one place for more than one night. He had no home and no body to call family of any sort. This was an orphan of sorts and a refugee in his own country. If only he could find someone to join him in his journey and then escape from this place known as Connlaoth.

Ferr Windston

Sitting under a tree along Asher's path was a young man nine years younger than him. The native Connlaothian born was cover in a cloak, exposing only his face and head. He looked like a cold man, staring deep into a small mirror. He let out a small cough before placing the mirror down. As a reaction from moving, a small crystal ball rolled out from under his arm into the middle of Asher's path.

The young warrior wished to stand and retrieve his item, but he was trying to recover from wounds he received a few days ago from a fight. He kept his hand on his chest and took in a few short breaths. Muttering curses under his tongue, the warrior rest his back against the tree. "Damn it all." He closed his eyes, listening to the wind.

ConnlaothianMage

Asher was barely able to avoid the crystal orb that rolled in front of him, having to stumble backward a couple steps and then regain his balance quickly. Yet as soon as the mage had his balance and was able to recognize what was going on he crouched down to pick up the ball. Quickly he approached the younger man and handed it down to him while assessing the danger and wounds. There was no apparent threat but just to be sure he pulled a wheel lock pistol free and showed it to the warrior.

"I don't mean you harm but I do mean to defend myself if it does come to that. You're wounded and I can help but you are Connlaothian and the way I can help will end up causing my head to gain more of a bounty. So first I should say that my name is Asher Isaccsson and I am not like the mages that cause harm to others. My powers are used to help others and to defend myself if I am forced to. I do not use demonic magic lest it would look bad on me. So, if you would like then I can help by seeing if I can heal those wounds or I can give you some first aid supplies and then disappear."

Ferr Windston

Damion looked up to the older man with his ice blue eyes. Nature could not produce an avatar of snow more exact then him. If only by making one that used ice magics. Nodding his head in understanding, and releasing a small chuckle, the warrior extended his hand and took his small crystal ball. He placed it beside the tree, on top of his large great sword. It gave off a small radiant gleam before Damion placed his cloak over it.

"You can only find kinship in my heart, My Senior Of Life." The youth smiled and removed his chest plate and gauntlets. "My name is Damion Nix, and I have only come to visit my homeland on the anniversary of my father's death one year ago. And also to have my new weapon reforged." He pointed to the falx sword at his side. "I will not harm you, my fellow outcast. It has been a long time since I have felt the sensation of healing magic. I ask that you assist me with this wound on my chest. But not the one I was given on my back, that one will require first aid only."

Damion let out a sigh of breath. "Besides, I hate demons. I deal with them too often." The holy warrior stated.

ConnlaothianMage

The shock barely registered in Asher's mind but the man simply allowed it to slip into a more understanding glint as he examined the wound one more time with a more critical eye. It looked like something he could heal since there didn't appear to be anything severed entirely which meant that the mage would be fine with this. Finally he breathed softly and then took a deep breath and closed his eyes, allowing himself to find peace within and when his eyes opened they had taken on a glowing tone to them.

The light around him seemed to bend to Asher's will as he placed his hands over the man, Damion's, chest with a few inches between them. Energy crackled and beads of concentration formed upon his brow but Asher persisted to get this done. He always failed if the wound was greater than what he initially thought yet this time he would not allow it to. A couple more deeps breaths and soon his breathing grew ragged as more energy came out of him to control the magic.

Few knew how demanding it was to heal someone without letting nature take its course and so no one was able to sympathize as well as a mage. The light that had glowed from Asher's eyes was now emanating from his skin and soon he was shaking terribly but when it was over, the mage collapsed to his knees and took a few shuddering gasps of air.

"I...I hope it wo...worked but I can't be ce...certain. So much energy was used to control that and so if it did then you will need to take it easy for a day or two to make sure but if it didn't then I will have to get you to another mage who may be able to help. There are many in other lands and even some in hiding here in Connlaoth." As he spoke, Asher regained his breath and looked back at Damion with determination.

He pulled out the first aid supplies and handed them to the young warrior while quickly inventorying all of his own things. Now he had his clothes, weapons, a bed roll, some food, water, and some healing herbs outside of the kit of first aid supplies. Asher waited for Damion to speak while he tried to clear his head of the anxiety and fogginess that was setting in.

Ferr Windston

"You did good Sir." Damion looked down to his chest, covered in small patches of remaining magical energy. He took in a deep breath and let it out, feeling the pain leave him slowly. "I thank you for your good service Mr. Asher. Is there anything I myself may help you with?" The warrior asked as he began wrapping the medical gauze around his back and chest. He felt a quick sting before standing up.

He turned his chest and body in an attempt to gain an easier path to wrap his own wound. The cut on his back was not wide, but the man feared it would get infected if he did not get it taken care of soon. However, with his larger shoulders and arms, it was difficult to get just right since it was close to his neck.

It took him a few moments before he gave in and sat back down. Looking to the other outcast, Damion motioned to his bag with a nod. "I have some wine if you'd like. Got it from Serendipity."  The warrior said with a smile.