Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Seeking Payment in Full

Started by Alegretto, April 04, 2014, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alegretto

((OOC: This thread is a continuation of A Tricky Delivery.))

Viatrus bit into the peach daintily, it was the only way he could bite with his relatively smaller mouth, and was rewarded with an explosion of juice that ran down the front of his shirt. He hadn't been paying attention to just how ripe the fruit was. That was just great. Now his shirt would be sticky all day.

He heard the thump as Guzstomp got out of the wagon, and he brought the vehicle down to the place that Uon had pointed out. He stopped the horses, and hopped out of the vehicle himself. "Hey Uon, Guzstomp, can I get some help? I can't unbridle the horses and get them to the water on my own. Too short."

Codestar7

Keltros swung out of the carriage, and went to help Viatrus. As he was working, he whispered to Viatrus.
"I haven't been quite honest with you." he started. "My names not Uonryl. If I tell you who I really am and why I lied about my name, could I trust you not to call me that in front of others?"
He unbridled a horse, and waited for the younger thief's reply.

((OOC, later on you can betray him, or reveal him accidentally to someone you shouldn't, I don't mind :p))

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp ignored Viatrus' request for assistance. He was getting paid to hit stuff, not carry out menial tasks. The other two could muk around all they wanted.

Alegretto

Viatrus looked up at Uon with surprise. No, not Uon, that wasn't his name?

His ally's revelation surprised Viatrus, and elicited a variety of emotions. Anger at the lie, curiosity as to it's reason, pleasure that Uo... whatever-his-name was trusting him with a secret.

The second two feelings won out in the young halfling, and he looked to his ally and nodded. "I'll keep it a secret, I promise, but you better have a good reason for lying to me," the second part of the sentence was said huffily, and with a piercing glare.

Codestar7

My name is Keltros. "I stole the jewels from the noble in Ketra. Their theft drive the lords only heir to suicide, meaning King Akkiel had to pay a lot of money for compensation. I have a. 45 000 coin weight for my head. They know my name, as who else could steal the jewels from under their nose in daylight, but Keltros, Thief of the Night. I trust no strangers with my real name. I believe I can trust you."

Wicked Basket

As the other two talked, Gutztomp wolfed down about twelve more peaches in order to relieve his hunger. Just one simple peach wouldn't sate him as easily as it did his companions. Satisfied, Gutztomp down with his back up against a tree and fell asleep, snoring loudly.

Alegretto

Viatrus looked up at Uo... no Keltros, in surprise. The theft was famous, and Viatrus had heard of the event. He understood why Keltros was so protective of his identity, and he actually felt flattered that the thief had taken him into his confidence.

The halfling's newfound gratitude and Keltros' circumstances overcame his displeasure at the thief's initial lies. "Alright, I guess I understand. Thanks for helping with the horses. Let's bring them over to the water so they can drink."

He looked over at the snoring Guzstomp. "I think we're gonna be here a while, unless you wanna wake up a sleeping Ork."

((OOC: edited: You're right, sorry I've been good about it so far but I lapsed))

Codestar7

((OOC - Ork*, different species!))

"I do not. We will wait for him to wake up. We will rest here. One of us will be vigil at all times. We don't want anyone knowing where we are going, especially not to agents of our traitorous payer."
Keltros welcomed Viatrus for the thanks, and pulled out another peach. He bit into it, staining his overcoat with the rich, delicious juices. He offered Viatrus another, and sat down in the shade. He closed his eyes.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp continued to snore away louder than any human possibly could. Any hope of stealth was dashed by the ork's obnoxiously loud snoozing. Gutztomp rolled in his sleep which caused him to role off of the tree that he had been leaning against and plop onto the ground. Despite the sudden displacement of his person, Gutztomp did not stir. His slumber continued on as loud and strong as always.

Codestar7

Alegretto

Viatrus watched Keltros walk back to the shade of the tree with a but of consternation. It looked like he was going to be the one taking the horses to the water.

He grabbed the reigns, and looked at the big animals apprehensively. He hoped the didn't trample him on the way...

It was the work of a few minutes to lead the horses to the stream and to tether their reigns to a tree, and by the time Viatrus returned, Keltros was biting into a peach and offering one to him. The halfling took the overripe fruit and gingerly dropped it into a jacket pocket. He wasn't hungry right now.

The master thief sat down under a tree and closed his eyes, which Viatrus took as a sign that he had first watch. The courier went back to the wagon and sat in the front, watching his surroundings and waiting for Guzstomp or Keltros to awaken.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp flopped over onto his back just as a squirrel happened by. The squirrel hopped onto Gutztomp's face, ran down his torso, and stopped on his stomach. Gutztomp stirred when the squirrel had landed on his face, and he was now fully awake. Sneering at the small animal, he attempted to smash it. The nimble little creature hopped out of the way and Gutztomp ended up punching himself the stomach. The squirrel ran to a nearby tree as Gutztomp drew one of his axes and hurled it at the tiny woodland. The axe was embedded deep into the tree, just missing the squirrel as it escape. Gutztomp grumbled and cursed to himself about how much he now hated that squirrel.

Codestar7

Keltros awoke at a sound, and awoke to find an angry Gutztomp cursing... a squirrel? Anyway. He was awake now. By the position of the sun in the sky, the thief assumed about two hours had passed since he slep last. It was nearing sundown. Keltros told Viatrus he could sleep, and he would watch the camp, and awake them if there was trouble.

Alegretto

Viatrus was thankful for the rest, and he gladly accepted Keltros' proposition. He dozed in the fading light for a while, relying on The master thief's sense of time to tell them when they should leave. Or even if they should leave at all, he thought as he drifted off. It would be night before long, and it probably wouldn't be safe to travel.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp knew that he wouldn't be able to fall back to sleep now, so he started roughly sharpening his axes. It was must faster when you could cut people in two with only one swing. The faster you could kill, the sooner you could kill someone else. Yes. Sharp axes are good.

Codestar7

Keltros started talking to the horses, when he heard a small rustle in some bushes between the road and the horses. He stopped tending to the mounts, and went to investigate. There was a small man poking his head over the bushes.
"What are you doing?" Commanded Keltros.
"I'm just watching sir, I swear!" The man replied.
"Do you work for Ulrin Derbish?" Questioned Keltros angrily.
"Um.." the little man faltered. "Y... No!"
Keltros knew it was a lie. He pulled him out of the bushes with ease, and tossed him into carraige.
"You, stay there. Gutztomp, whaddaya reckon we do with him?"

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp walked over to the cart and picked the man up by his ankle, suspending him in midair while Gutztomp scratched his chin with the other hand.

"I betcha he knows somefing," Gutztomp stated. "Maybe if we break some o' dese scrawny limbs of 'is he'll feel like talkin'."

Alegretto

The commotion roused Viatrus from his slumber. The halfling sat up slowly, rubbing the sleep from his eyes wearily. He looked about to see if he could identify what had awoken him, and saw Guzstomp standing near the cart holding some poor soul aloft by his ankle.

Alarmed fully into wakefulness by the sight, Viatrus sprang up and ran over to the cart. "Hey," he called out to his two allies, "what the heck is going on?"

Codestar7

"We have a spy," replied Keltros. "He works for Ulrin Derbish. i say we keep him, he could be of value, to... extort information."

Wicked Basket

"I still think we ought to break his legs so he can't run away," Gutztomp said with a wicked smile.

It was both a serious statement and a threat to scare the spy into talking. Gutztomp really wanted to break something though.